PDA

View Full Version : Shola Ameobi (Non-Transfer Related)

Sylar
01-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Craig Levein reveals he enquired about the eligibility of Nigerian-born Shola Ameobi for a Scotland call-up. (Daily Record, Scotsman).

Deary me :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Craig Levein reveals he enquired about the eligibility of Nigerian-born Shola Ameobi for a Scotland call-up. (Daily Record, Scotsman).

Deary me :bitchy:

scraping the barrel is he not?

pacorosssco
01-09-2010, 08:01 AM
levein. already my least favourite scotland manager.

future rangers boss.

.Sean.
01-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Is anybody that surprised? Levein's an erse.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Why is this so bad?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 08:34 AM
If he is eligible then we have to look at him, although Levein should be looking a bit nearer home as well. If we don't look at every player who is eligible, we will fall further behind those that are.

TornadoHibby
01-09-2010, 08:36 AM
scraping the barrel is he not?

Why is this the case? :confused:

Ameobi is a decent player from what I have seen and would be an enhancement to the Scotland squad IMO! :cool2:

Every other country is using the "relation" link to bring in better players so why should Scotland not do this? :cool2:

Portugal have Deco, a Brazilian, Germany have Podolski, a Pole playing in their national teams and there are dozens of similar examples elsewhere! :agree:

If it's available to and used by these teams then no reason IMO for Scotland not to use it too! :wink: :agree:

Speedway
01-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Not much space on this bandwagon is there.

Levein wrote to every UK football agent asking about their client's parents and grandparents to try and find Scottish links.

So he didn't contact Ameobi, he contacted the guy who looks after Ameobi. He will also have contacted the guy who looks after Drogba.

An actual non-story - this one.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Scotland would do well to remember the heckling McGeady got for choosing Eire over them. Whilst not the same thing here, it would be a player changing his country and therefore some Scotland fans would be guitly of double-standards. Can't have it all ways!:bitchy:

Antifa Hibs
01-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Scotland would do well to remember the heckling McGeady got for choosing Eire over them. Whilst not the same thing here, it would be a player changing his country and therefore some Scotland fans would be guitly of double-standards. Can't have it all ways!:bitchy:

Jay McEveley - Irony and the william wallace look-a-likeys obvisouly don't go.

Spudster
01-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Every other country is using the "relation" link to bring in better players so why should Scotland not do this? :cool2:

Portugal have Deco, a Brazilian, Germany have Podolski, a Pole playing in their national teams and there are dozens of similar examples elsewhere! :agree:

Germany could almost field a tea of non-Germans
Klose born Poland
Gomez half Spanish
Cacau born Brazl
Marin born Yugoslavia
Khedira half Tunisian
Boateng half Ghanian
Trochowski born Polad

I'm not against the idea of taking in "half breeds" but Ameobi?! :bitchy:

Spudster
01-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Can we still call up James McCarthy as he's only played in a friendly? I'd put all my efforts into getting him in the squad

(can we no longer edit posts?)

BryanV
01-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Germany could almost field a tea of non-Germans
Klose born Poland
Gomez half Spanish
Cacau born Brazl
Marin born Yugoslavia
Khedira half Tunisian
Boateng half Ghanian
Trochowski born Polad

I'm not against the idea of taking in "half breeds" but Ameobi?! :bitchy:

Just because someone has antecendents of another nationality it does not make them non-German. Cacau I will give you but at least he has played in Germany. What the Germans are doing is quite different to Levein's hawking Scottish caps round the lower reaches of English football.

Steve-O
01-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Levein is already an embarrassment. He'd better hope we win these next 2 games or we are already Donald Ducked for this campaign.

seanraff07
01-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Whether Ameobi could play for us or not it wouldn't make a difference, he's injured all the time!

StevieC
01-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Why is this so bad?

Have you seen him play? :confused:

I have, on many occassions.

:grr:

GerryS
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Take it from one who knows. Shola may have given us the "hokey cokey" song to sing but his contribution on the park is less impressive.

Brooster
01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Ameobi is murder, truly horrendous. Ask any Newcastle fan about him and you will get a similar answer to StevieC above. That speccy knobend Levein obviously knows verry little about the game if he is chasing after cranks like Ameobi.

Hibbie_Cameron
01-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Shola is some what of a cult hero of mine, mainly down to him being a complete donkey yet about 8 newcastle managers have not noticed it.

He headed the ball out the stadium last week against Accrington. Class act:wink: