PDA

View Full Version : Stokes Booing

since90plustwo
01-09-2010, 07:30 AM
On his return will he be booed?
In my opinion i don't think he should, after all which one of us would turn down a chance to a boyhood club? As annoyed as i am about him leaving, i can understand why. And he didn't have a bad word to say about hibs, so whats the reaction he can expect?

Geo_1875
01-09-2010, 07:35 AM
No reason to boo him unless he does something to upset us. Diving, cheating, etc. You know , the typical Celtc way.

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2010, 07:37 AM
In my opinion i don't think he should, after all which one of us would turn down a chance to a boyhood club? As annoyed as i am about him leaving, i can understand why. And he didn't have a bad word to say about hibs, so whats the reaction he can expect?

Boyhood club nonsense. Stokes (sensibly) left because he can triple his wages and get a stack of (relatively meaningless) medals and be on telly to exhibit himself more to EPL and European clubs should things go right for him. I'd be willing to bet the first time he saw the inside of Parkhead was in a Falkirk jersey. Should he be booed? No. But not for any of the boyhood heroes Daily Record tosh trotted out to get the great unwashed onside.

Lucius Apuleius
01-09-2010, 07:38 AM

Yet!!!

Boo the baisturd.

pacorosssco
01-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Question
On his return will he be booed.
Answer
Yes, while he seems to have left with dignity there seems to be many stories of not treating his time as serious as he should have and off being a bill big time. He has however kept council but all Old Firm players should receive the worst reception possible when in front of a Hibs support and at Easter road it should be a cauldron of hate to give Hibs the best of chances of putting one over them every time.

Question
after all which one of us would turn down a chance to a boyhood club?
Answer
Money talks , He has already turned down his boyhood heros and lets put the "id sign for life theory to the test if he has another good season and a low rung premiership team comes in again offering a pay rise"

heretoday
01-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Stokes was always bound for Celtic Park.

There's no point in booing him or anyone else for that matter. What are we? Petty and bitter football fans?

Get behind your own team is the best policy.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Aye boo him, another player who goes along M8.... Lets not forget him being disruptive, missing training, taking the proverbial, fighting with others, owing sums of money to younger players....... Some bhoy he turned out to be

Golden Bear
01-09-2010, 07:54 AM
I've a feeling that the public face of Stokes is out of touch with reality.

A sheep in wolves clothing and all that.

bighairyfaeleith
01-09-2010, 08:04 AM
I won't specifically be booing him for leaving hibs, but I will give him the same treatment as every other old firm player just for being an old firm player

persevere1875
01-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Stokes was always bound for Celtic Park.

There's no point in booing him or anyone else for that matter. What are we? Petty and bitter football fans?

Get behind your own team is the best policy.

:agree::agree:

Hibs90
01-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Hope Bamba goes through him :agree:

Miller33
01-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Ill be booing him!! :agree:

M11BMO
01-09-2010, 09:28 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :bitchy:

K.Marx
01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
TBH I'm more pissed off with the Board for allowing him to leave for a mere £1.2m than I am at Stokes wanting to leave. Will still be getting the treatment on his return though :greengrin:devil:

Aubenas
01-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Difficult to boo a boy who's just sitting on the bench though, isn't it? :cool2::devil:

IFONLY
01-09-2010, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;2564963] I'd be willing to bet the first time he saw the inside of Parkhead was in a Falkirk jersey. QUOTE]

I will take that bet.

nj7kmobm

500miles
01-09-2010, 10:03 AM
He wasn't a badge kisser, never lived off some sort of Hibeeness during his time here. If we didn't boo the likes of Matty Jack and Dirk Lehmann for not taking thier time here seriously, then it would be a strange decision to boo Stokes. He got goals, honest about why he was here, and only good things to say about the club in the press when he left. Generally quite dignified conduct for a laddie with an alleged attitude problem/ disruptive influence.

I actually wish him all the best, providing that means he can get his arse away from Parkhead ASAP, and not against us.

Holmesdale Hibs
01-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Aye boo him, another player who goes along M8.... Lets not forget him being disruptive, missing training, taking the proverbial, fighting with others, owing sums of money to younger players....... Some bhoy he turned out to be

I haven't heard about any of this, was it in the paper or a .net rumour?

Until he does something that merits it, I'm not bothered about booing him. I'd rather get behind the team or if we have to boo someone then it should be Neil Lennon. He's carried on like a t1t every time he's been to ER for as far back as I can remember.

At the moment, all Stokes has done is sign for free, scored 20+ goals in a season, brought £1.2M to the club and left on (unless I'm missing something) good terms and without bad-mouthing the club. I'd be happy if we signed more strikers like that.

Captain Trips
01-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Stokes will IMO not be on the bench in fact I think he will finish SPL top scorer.

Big Frank
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM
He doesn't exist anymore. Not a Hibernian player, so who gives a toss.

Mon the Cabbage.

Steve-O
01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!

SlickShoes
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I would boo my own family if they played for rangers, celtc or hearts. Nothing personal, players just have to understand there is a deep rooted hatred for these clubs and getting booed is part of playing for them.

CallumLaidlaw
01-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Aren't we too busy booing our own players these days to worry about opponents?

Just Jimmy
01-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Stokes will IMO not be on the bench in fact I think he will finish SPL top scorer.

I backed him before the season started to do that. If he plays everyweek now it's a cert.

Hibs Class
01-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Depends how he celebrates if/when he scores against us. Some ex-players show a bit of class, whilst others are like Kenny Miller.

cockneymike
01-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Aren't we too busy booing our own players these days to worry about opponents?

:agree::rolleyes:

Grizz
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I've no real grievance at all - I felt in the time he was with us that a move away to one of the ugly sisters was enivitable really (Having had a few cracks of it down south and failed).

Easily one of the most prolific strikers this club has ever seen in recent years and I was really chuffed when signed for us. But it's obviously been a shop window scenario for Stokes once he found his shooting boots again, same as he did at Falkirk really.

I'd like to say good luck to him, but I won't due to his current club - So, erm: "BOOOOOOOOYABASSA!" on that basis alone :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg Booooooooooooooooooooo :agree:

Peevemor
01-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg Booooooooooooooooooooo :agree:

I concur.

jacques_b
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
TBH I'm more pissed off with the Board for allowing him to leave for a mere £1.2m than I am at Stokes wanting to leave. Will still be getting the treatment on his return though :greengrin:devil:

maybe you should remove his picture from the side there first...

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
maybe you should remove his picture from the side there first...

Change your avatar Chrissy is what is meant here

xyz23jc
01-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I won't specifically be booing him for leaving hibs, but I will give him the same treatment as every other old firm player just for being an old firm player
:agree::top marks:thumbsup:

xyz23jc
01-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Difficult to boo a boy who's just sitting on the bench though, isn't it? :cool2::devil:

That's just class! Kwality! :thumbsup::greengrin

tony higgins
01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Skanko79
01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
i'll be booing the wee prick.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
his comments from todays sun... ..quote..i knew i was going to have to start at the bottom again and i was lucky hibs came in for me..........is this a good enough reason to boo him.i would prefer to throw loose change at him

bighairyfaeleith
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
his comments from todays sun... ..quote..i knew i was going to have to start at the bottom again and i was lucky hibs came in for me..........is this a good enough reason to boo him.i would prefer to throw loose change at him

dinnae waste your money, he'll only fritter it away at the bookies or on yon fizzy juice:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
i'll be booing the wee prick.

unfortunately my wife is like that, always booing the wee prick:boo hoo:

Gettin' Auld
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Dunno about booing............But i sure will cheer when one of our shiny new defenders go straight through him. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM

He'll get the same treatment as Mowbray and any Hibs player/manager who has defected to the west to play/manage for their boyhoood heroes.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :agree:

Bamba's coming to get you.

JohnScott
01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
He doesn't exist anymore. Not a Hibernian player, so who gives a toss.

Mon the Cabbage.

Well said Big man. Year after year we see players heading west. Hey-ho.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I never really took much notice of him when he was at Hibs, i wont be bothering much with him now he's away.

Elephant Stone
01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't have any desire to boo him. He can't be blamed for wanting to challenge for the league and probably triple his wage, as far as I know he hasn't been stirring in the media for a move and has always spoken very highly about Hibs. What's the biggie?

Phil D. Rolls
01-09-2010, 06:45 PM

I think the only people I would boo are those who switch to those filth on the other side of the city. Mind you that won't be happening for some time, unless Vlad stops paying his players in Tesco vouchers.

What do you think?

Albanian Hibs
01-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I will boo him just like I boo every other Celtc or Hun or Hertz player

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

jacomo
01-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Boo! :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Only player I've not booed from Huntic is Pat Stanton. Stokes will get the same treatment as all the others.

Hillsidehibby
02-09-2010, 10:02 AM
As you get older your anger mellows and you see booing pointless and uneccessary.

That is why I will be reserving my minimal amount of rage, bile and venom for Paul Hartley.

Banff
02-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I will definately be booing him as he disrespected us by playing with the KNOWLEDGE that he was not 100% focused against St Mirren. Also the fact that he did not honour his contract. At the same time i hope he bangs in 6 goals against us so that Petrie will maybe realise what he has done to get a paltry sum of approx 1M.

P.S. But only if Hibs win 7-6!

essexhibee
02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Think its time we removed the picture of stokes and THAT goal and ibrox from the website header now?

Thanks for the memories stokesy.

Legend on Sunday. Dickhead on Monday. :wink:

Toaods
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Smackhead Tuesday?

GREEN WARLORD
02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll be booing the loudest, is it petty? Yes, does that bother me? NO!!

GGTTH

Hibercelona
02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I won't expect to hear any booing and I certainly wont boo him.

If he does get boo'd though, I couldn't really care less.

He'll make a good warm seat. :yawn: