PDA

View Full Version : We are 1 striker short

totalfootball
01-09-2010, 06:42 AM
I felt we were 1 striker short before Stokes left so although Duffy has signed we are still lacking in that area! We have such a lack of attacking options it is untrue, I looked at the bench on Sunday and the only attacking player was Galbraith who he put on at left back! TBH we might finalise a signing today if the player is a free:blah: agent but it worries me that we havent brought in a striker, preferably a big strong target man! I think Yogi is trying to shape his squad and he is getting there but by God is there some dead wood in there, nae offence but Thicot,Hogg,Nish and Stevenson just aent gonna play or aent up to it in Hogg and Nish's case! I think he could of done by trimming it or at least trying to trim it before the window closed

pacorosssco
01-09-2010, 07:21 AM
I felt we were 1 striker short before Stokes left so although Duffy has signed we are still lacking in that area! We have such a lack of attacking options it is untrue, I looked at the bench on Sunday and the only attacking player was Galbraith who he put on at left back! TBH we might finalise a signing today if the player is a free:blah: agent but it worries me that we havent brought in a striker, preferably a big strong target man! I think Yogi is trying to shape his squad and he is getting there but by God is there some dead wood in there, nae offence but Thicot,Hogg,Nish and Stevenson just aent gonna play or aent up to it in Hogg and Nish's case! I think he could of done by trimming it or at least trying to trim it before the window closed

agree and if hughes sticks with 433 we are 2 short

down-the-slope
01-09-2010, 07:25 AM
the other players we have looked at were free agents...so the window closing has not altered those possibilities...in fact it will be easier now as players without clubs will be easier to deal with (or they will end up 'unemployed') and once the numbers are crunched the club will be clearer what money is or isn't available...

Would expect us just as we did with Miller to bring someone in still....

Hibby 2005
01-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I may be pissing against the wind here but I actually believe Stokes going might benefit us.

Nish and Riordan up front would be good enough IF Yogi plays Galbraith (or Zouma when fit). Nish feeds of crosses from wide positions not balls lumped up the park.

Duffy can come on from the bench or start ahead of Nish.

We also have Byrne waiting in the wings.

Getting defenders in was the priority IMHO.

EskbankHibby
01-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Might be a good thing tbh. No way you can keep only 3 front men fit/not suspended all season, might mean we have to play 4-4-2 more often which imo would be a good thing.

Would like a target man though, i believe Duffy has some pace which is good and Deek will bring something to the team but the enigma that is Colin Nish lacks that physical presence we need.

Grizz
01-09-2010, 08:26 AM
I still think we'll see someone arrive under freedom of contract on a short term move yet, but I'd be more happier to see Kurtis Byrne be able return to us if we desp need a striker rather than waste a wage on some huddy.

Really think he's a huge prospect for us and I've a feeling He'll be a far more refined player (much like Kenny Millar did at Stenny and Riordan did at Cowdenbeth).

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 08:29 AM
I may be pissing against the wind here but I actually believe Stokes going might benefit us.

Nish and Riordan up front would be good enough IF Yogi plays Galbraith (or Zouma when fit). Nish feeds of crosses from wide positions not balls lumped up the park.

nononononononononononononononononononononoonoonono onnonnnnnonooonnononnnnonnononoonooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Aldo
01-09-2010, 08:37 AM
nononononononononononononononononononononoonoonono onnonnnnnonooonnononnnnonnononoonooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BH

either you fell asleep on your keyboard or you really dont want Nish in the team. I cannot fathom out which though?? :greengrin

O and I also agree that moving deek upfront would allow galbraith to maybe get a game and give the team a bit more Balance.

Speedway
01-09-2010, 08:47 AM
There's still at least one, possibly two strikers to come in.

Surprised we didn't pay anyone off last night though.

Melvin Hibs
01-09-2010, 09:33 AM

I agree with the fact that Byrne will be a very good striker for us and that he most certainly deserves a chance in this current hibs team. like you say defenders was priority but giving Nish a start ahead of Duffy:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 09:55 AM
We are 2 players short if we want 4 forwards at the club. Duffy and Riordan are our only 2.

Caroline Hibby
01-09-2010, 10:06 AM

Source? Any names?

offshorehibby
01-09-2010, 10:16 AM

I must admit i was waiting for a couple of pay offs last night.

--------
01-09-2010, 11:19 AM
We are 2 players short if we want 4 forwards at the club. Duffy and Riordan are our only 2.

Phew! Glad you're OK, bh. Thought you'd caught the Dreaded Lurgi there....

Duffy and Riordan are two. Deek is a class act; Duffy I think will be a decent signing.

Byrne is out on loan getting games - he can be recalled. He's a very good prospect indeed, IMO, and should be getting first-team games for us by the end of this season. Right now, though, he isn't available.

Can I take it that you don't rate Colin Nish? Thought so. :devil:

The only way we can get by with signing only one more striker is if we rate Nish as a striker. My fear is that Yogi does so rate him.

I don't really think the man we sign needs to be a superstar. Just capable of controlling the ball, passing to a team-mate, staying on his feet, and once in a while (say, every 2 or 3 games) sticking the ball in the net off his foot or his head.

Oh yes, and not giving away stupid penalties right under the referee's nose that could very well lose us games.

Denneboom or Biscan (preferably both) would do me.

And I don't care whether Biscan's fit or not, as long as he can score goals.

IIRC (and I do) one Willie Hamilton played some magical games for us, and the only time Willie was match-fit was just after full-time, when he'd run all the beer out his system during the match, and hadn't yet got to his screw-tops in the dressing-room....

Franck is God
01-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I think Duffy was signing with the thought that he could have played up front with Nish, Riordan or Stokes had he stayed.

I'm sure there are still a number of striking options out there who are free agents and as we will be looking for what will essentially be our 4th/5th striking option from the bench along with Byrne when he returns from his loan period Yogi can take a bit of time to find one but I agree while Byrne is out on loan our attacking options are quite limited.

--------
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
I think Duffy was signing with the thought that he could have played up front with Nish, Riordan or Stokes had he stayed.

I'm sure there are still a number of striking options out there who are free agents and as we will be looking for what will essentially be our 4th/5th striking option from the bench along with Byrne when he returns from his loan period Yogi can take a bit of time to find one but I agree while Byrne is out on loan our attacking options are quite limited.

I thin we'll probably sign one more - perhaps Denneboom, perhaps a free agent from England.

BTW - according to BBC Scotland, nothing at all happened in the SPL yesterday apart from the Stokes transfer.... :rolleyes:

BEEJ
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM

:agree: Agreed. 26 players in the squad and another 6 out on loan - that seems a lot by the standards of recent seasons.

The only way we can get by with signing only one more striker is if we rate Nish as a striker. My fear is that Yogi does so rate him.

I don't really think the man we sign needs to be a superstar. Just capable of controlling the ball, passing to a team-mate, staying on his feet, and once in a while (say, every 2 or 3 games) sticking the ball in the net off his foot or his head.

Denneboom or Biscan (preferably both) would do me.

And I don't care whether Biscan's fit or not, as long as he can score goals.
Biscan turned out for Bela Krajina in a league match on Sunday. They're a second division Slovenian side - he came on as a sub. So that one may well be dead as was indicated at the time by Hibs.

According to his wiki page Denneboom still seems to have no club but neither does Gow (sadly). :rolleyes:

--------
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Biscan turned out for Bela Krajina in a league match on Sunday. They're a second division Slovenian side - he came on as a sub. So that one may well be dead as was indicated at the time by Hibs.

According to his wiki page Denneboom still seems to have no club but neither does Gow (sadly). :rolleyes:

I think I'm beginning to see where this is going.... :rolleyes: