PDA

View Full Version : sandaza released

crash
31-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I see Dundee Utd have released Sandaza, worth a try?

jonny
31-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Genuinely surprised at this. Was his contract expired and they couldnt afford to renew?

definitely take him at ER, I think he'd be a better acquisition than Duffy.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I see Dundee Utd have released Sandaza, worth a try?

If he could stay fit he would be a cracking signing.

Unfortunately his fitness issues would more than likely be a problem at some point.

nickwhibs
31-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Definately! Good technical striker :agree:

easty
31-08-2010, 06:26 PM
If he could stay fit he would be a cracking signing.

Unfortunately his fitness issues would more than likely be a problem at some point.

Aye, he clearly has issues with his fitness, I don't think United would have let him go otherwise. He's a pretty decent player and if he was fit would be a good signing for us.

500miles
31-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Great player when fit. Probably United's best forward, but they can't afford players who sit half the season out injured.

If he could pass a medical with Hibs, I'd be delighted.

brog
31-08-2010, 06:31 PM
They've also released Myrie-Williams & I definitely like him. A wee bit Ivanesque in that he's raw but exciting in always wanting to take defenders on. However he's left sided & I think we have a potential star in Galbraith waiting in the wings.

Matty_Jack04
31-08-2010, 06:55 PM
this is weird eh, he was on trial at swansea who wanted him on loan dundde utd turned it down but have yet free'd him??

id take myrie williams tho speedy wee fella IIRC

PeterboroHibee
31-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Would take both of them. Still think we are a striker short and someone to play on the left!

Sandaza is injury prone but if could get him fit would be a great signing.

Jack
31-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Good as he is he only took part in 7 games last season, subby or subbed in all of them, season before was much better with 32 games but only took part in the whole game on 6 occasions. Scored 10 though!

If folk complain at Zemamma what they going to say about him???

Franck Stanton
31-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Would sign both players, Sandaza on a " pay per play" basis, both players would give us better options and give us different attacking options which would give opposition managers real problems a] trying to work out our starting line-up and b] prepairing plans a/b to combat our forward formations. With nthe arrival of a new c/half, l/back c/forward and IF we got these two, suddenly we would, imo have a decent squad for rest of season. Plenty differend options anyway.
P.S. Anthony WHO? :thumbsup:

BigKev
31-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Did Craig Levein not say when he signed him he was a 20 goal a season SPL striker - "I'd stake my reputation on that" was the phrase I remembered.

If fit he'd be in our starting X1 ahead of Nish without doubt. Having not seen Duffy for 5 years then I won't comment on his ability in another comparison.

Chuckie
31-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Sandaza was a top earner at Tannadice and played only a handful of games.

Rumours on Tayside that he feigned injuries so he could spend his time in Spain.

blairwallace
31-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Genuinely surprised at this. Was his contract expired and they couldnt afford to renew?

definitely take him at ER, I think he'd be a better acquisition than Duffy.

:agree::top marks
yogi...please? :rolleyes: