:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BT58
31-08-2010, 04:48 PM
So what's the point of getting the loan guy from boro

plus whatabout Duffy & riordan as strikeforce

Skanko79
31-08-2010, 04:49 PM
shanko79, nish? are you joking?

i reckon if he got the service of 2 wingers i.e. galbaraith and spoony he would do a decent job. just because the majority of folk on here are hell bent on berating players in out own team doesnt mean we are all like that. as long as he wears the green i'll be supporting the laddie.

ScottB
31-08-2010, 04:50 PM
There might be some worth in us going 3-5-2, we always seem to get outmuscled in midfield...

Brown

Dickoh Bamba Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller Zemmama Grounds

Riordan Duffy

With Wotherspoon and Grounds being able to drop back into defense? Just a thought to maybe help us keep possession...

Skanko79
31-08-2010, 04:50 PM
So what's the point of getting the loan guy from boro

plus whatabout Duffy & riordan as strikeforce

what? a lad who has kicked a ball about 3 times for a mediocre boro team and someone who wasnt even 4th choice at britol rovers????

i think these guys need time to settle in as they havnt came with the best of reputations.

BT58
31-08-2010, 04:58 PM
My brother is based in Bristol , some of their fans
think that Duffy could be a good player, managers pick the team tho, the boro lad is a sub for 1st team
so he will be up to speed
let's just hope we actually plays these loanees
I'm sure we've had loans before but never played them, joneleit comes to mind

Skanko79
31-08-2010, 05:02 PM
My brother is based in Bristol , some of their fans
think that Duffy could be a good player, managers pick the team tho, the boro lad is a sub for 1st team
so he will be up to speed
let's just hope we actually plays these loanees
I'm sure we've had loans before but never played them, joneleit comes to mind

and the lad pinau who was screamin for a run off games. im no sayin grounds and duffy dont deserve a game bit they have to earn it. thats why they are on loan i suppose...

Sloppy
31-08-2010, 05:08 PM
brown
hart bamba dickoh grounds
spoony miller mcbride zemamma
riordan duffy

Franck Stanton
31-08-2010, 05:10 PM
brown

hart dickoh bamba grounds

mcbride

de graaf miller

zemmama

duffy riordan

Whilst I like the above team, dont think DeGraff has shown enough yet to rate staring before Murray, so would take him out and replace with Murray. Just my opinion.

Sylar
31-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Brown
Hart Dickoh Bamba Grounds
McBride
Wotherspoon Miller DeGraaf
Riordan Duffy

OR

Brown
Hart Bamba Dickoh
McBride
Zemmama Miller DeGraaf Grounds
Duffy Riordan

OR

Brown
Hart Bamba Dickoh Hanlon
McBride
Wotherspoon Miller DeGraaf
Riordan Duffy

essexhibee
31-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Its going to be a more than long season if nish is to be our out and out striker. God hes dire.

This season seems long and drawn already and rather depressing. Even better now we have darryl duffy to save our woes :rolleyes:

nickwhibs
31-08-2010, 07:13 PM
brown
spoony miller mcbride zemamma
riordan duffy

Like the look of that. POTENTIALLY a good team. Hopefully Denneboom signs so he can play upfront with Deek as need someone who can hold the ball up/win headers

KWJ
31-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Stack

Hart (rb)
Hanlon (lb)
Bamba (cb)
Dickoh (cb)

Galbraith (lw)
Wotherspoon (rw)

Murray (cm)
Miller (cm)

Riordan (st)
Nish (st)

I'd have Brown, Zemmama and Hanlon at centre half floating around but yeah, pretty much that.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Brown

Hart, Stephens, Dickoh, Grounds

Wotherspoon, Bamba, Miller, Galbraith

Duffy, Riordan

GreenOnions
31-08-2010, 07:30 PM
How about:

.......................Stack

..Hart.......Bamba..Stephens.....Grounds

Wotherspoon/...McBride..Miller...Galbraith
Zemmama
.................Duffy....Riordan

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-08-2010, 07:31 PM
__________________Brown____________

___________Dickoh Bamba Murray_______
Wotherspoon__________________Grounds
________Zemmama_Miller__De Graaf_____

___________Denneboom*__Riordan_______

*if we sign him if not then maybe duffy (if he is any good)

Hainan Hibs
31-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Dickoh Grounds

Zemmama McBride Miller Galbraith

Riordan Duffy

However, for the time being I'd put Wotherspoon at RM, but I do think once Zemmama is back Wotherspoon would do well with a bit of rest as playing a young guy week in week out may not be the best thing to do (However, I'm no a coach so probably talking the brown stuff).

El Gubbz
31-08-2010, 07:48 PM
What would be your new first XI?

I'd go for:

Stack

Hart Hogg/Dickoh Bamba Grounds

Wotherspoon Miller McBride Galbraith

Any striker but Nish Deek

Chuckie
31-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Brown

Hart. Dickoh. Bamba. Murray

Spoony. Miller. Mcbride. Riordan

Nish. Duffy.

gackohibs
31-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Dickoh
Grounds

Zemmama
Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Duffy
Deek

Stack, Stephens, Hanlon, De Graff, Nish, Murray, Spoony

sixtwo
31-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Am I missing something here? Almost every team has Ian Murray on the bench.

I think we need murray in any team. At left back left mid or holding in central mid, there has to be space for murray. Especially ahead of a reserve player from 'boro that no one has heard off!

My team would be

--------------Brown

Hart---Bamba--Dickoh---Murray

De graaf mcbride miller Galbraith

---Duffy -----------deeks

vantango79
31-08-2010, 09:05 PM
..........................brown................... .......

hart.........dickoh..............stephens......... grounds

........................bamba..................... ...........

de graff............miller......................zemma ma

.........denneboom.............riordan............ ...........

against smaller teams and

..........................brown................... .................

hart...........dickoh.........stephens............ .grounds

...................mcbride........bamba........... .............

de graft...............miller.......................r iordan

......................denneboom................... ............

against the old firm, away to hearts etc

Andy74
31-08-2010, 09:13 PM
These threads always put in perspective the complaints about team selection and tactics!

hibsdaft
31-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Am I missing something here? Almost every team has Ian Murray on the bench.

I think we need murray in any team. At left back left mid or holding in central mid, there has to be space for murray.

totally agree. he'd be just about my first name on the team sheet personally. mr dependable.

pacorosssco
01-09-2010, 06:48 AM
As we dont know quality of players arriving on current form

brown
hart bamba stephens hanlon
murray
wotherspoon degraaf miller
duffy riorden

sadly i hope this is the end of nish and hogg as first picks as neither have consistency.If new guys show form

brown
de graaf murray
wotherspoon miller riorden
duffy

how will hughes jugle hanlon stephens hogg murray and grounds between left back centra half is anyones guess or maybe he is planing on a 3 man defence.

Budgey
01-09-2010, 07:00 AM
its funny that 99% of chosen teams dont have hogg and Nish in. What odds are we giving on both playing next saturday against inverness!!:grr:

BT58
01-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Very interesting time ahead, if yogi can get the new boys to settle quickly, we may have a better season than we thought at 4pm on Sunday
Let's hope he has a few bounce games lined up
I so agree however that as the 3 he has signed, none have actually been playing a full 90 minutes
We may have to play the likes of Hogg ,nish,till these
guys get into the way we play
Now if only JH would get us playing 4-4-2 and leave it like that for the rest of the season

SaudiHibby
01-09-2010, 07:30 AM
My bet is that the team that he will play at least for a few weeks will not include any of the new players recently signed. Nish will be in for Stokes with Duffy playing a subs role.

jonny
01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
its funny that 99% of chosen teams dont have hogg and Nish in. What odds are we giving on both playing next saturday against inverness!!:grr:

I think both will still be in, not my choice but our line up will probably be something like

Brown
Hart (if fit), Hogg, Dickoh, Grounds
Spoony, Miller, Bamba, Riordan
Duffy, Nish

Personally I'd have

Brown
Hart, Bamba, Dickoh, Grounds
Spoony (Zoumma when fit), Miller, McBride, Galbraith
Riordan, Nish

I'm not convinced that Duffy will offer any more than Nish but if he shows up after a few sub appearances then might be worth a start. Stephens still has a wee bit to go but it is comforting that we have more than 1 option in all positions now.

ancienthibby
01-09-2010, 08:33 AM

And the majority do not have Murray either.

So that's the current captain and vice-captain as virtually no-shows.

So for these selections who is the choice for captain??

The SolMan??:devil:

Miller33
01-09-2010, 10:41 AM
My team would be...

-------------Brown

---Hart Stephens Bamba Murray

----------Duffy Riordan

I would have Zemamma in there, when fit, instead of Spoony!

Subs - Stack, Dickoh, Grounds, De Graaf, Rankin, Wotherspoon/Zemamma, Nish/New Striker

ancienthibby
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
My team would be...

-------------Brown

---Hart Stephens Bamba Murray

----------Duffy Riordan

I would have Zemamma in there, when fit, instead of Spoony!

Subs - Stack, Dickoh, Grounds, De Graaf, Rankin, Wotherspoon/Zemamma, Nish/New Striker

It would be quite bizzare to spend money on players for six-month and one-year deals and then keep them as non-starters. I would think that all three of this week's signings are already pencilled in as first-team starters.:cool2:

Otherwise, why bother??:grr:

Franck is God
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
From our full squad assuming everyone is fit I think this is our strongest eleven.

Brown

Hart---Hogg---Bamba---Grounds

McBride
Zemmama---De Graaf---Miller

Duffy--Nish

However I think for our next game I think we'll see the team below. I am basing this on Hart being fit again (hopefully), Grounds arrival is pointless unless he plays so would assume he'll go straight in. The departure of Stokes makes it easier to move Deek up front and he will probably play alongside Nish or Duffy or if he decides to partner Nish & Duffy then Deek will play instead of Galbraith.

Brown

Hart---Hogg---Bamba---Grounds

Wotherspoon---Miller---DeGraaf---Galbraith

Nish/Duffy---Riordan

Hibs7
01-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Brown

Hart Dickoh Bamba Grounds

Galbraith/Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Murray

Duffy Riorden

RCNG
01-09-2010, 11:49 AM
i reckon if he got the service of 2 wingers i.e. galbaraith and spoony he would do a decent job. just because the majority of folk on here are hell bent on berating players in out own team doesnt mean we are all like that. as long as he wears the green i'll be supporting the laddie.

Me too!:agree:

allezsauzee
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM

And 100% of Hibs managers who have been here since Hogg signed have had him as a core team member...the obvious conclusion is that Hibs supporters know much more about the game than professional managers :rolleyes:

Hibs On Tour
01-09-2010, 12:34 PM
brown

hart dickoh bamba grounds

mcbride

de graaf miller

zemmama

duffy riordan

Is that a diamond I see before me? :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Ahem... :singing: "No 1 is Ivan Sproule, No 2 is..." :singing:

I'll get ma coat! :greengrin

thebakerboy
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I dont think it matters what we think Yogi will probably have a different view. I think if everyone is fit the team will be along the lines of:-

Stack

Hart/Thicot
Hogg
Bamba
Hanlon

De Graaf
Miller
Mcbride
Riordan

Nish
Duffy

ie same team as last week except Hart (if fit) McBride and Duffy , this is Yogi we are talking about.:greengrin:confused::rolleyes:

Bobby's Cinema
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
:agree:

Brown
Bamba Stephens Dickoh
Wotherspoon Miller Mcbride Murray Galbraith
Duffy Riordan

I would say this is more of the team I would play for the next game, rather than the best 11.

Hanlon has struggled abit recently and personally i prefer him at CB
De graff has looked off the pace so stick him on the bench
And Nish has been done to death... :cool2:

tam4hibs
01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Brown

Zemmama McBride Miller Galbraith

Riordan Duffy

However, for the time being I'd put Wotherspoon at RM, but I do think once Zemmama is back Wotherspoon would do well with a bit of rest as playing a young guy week in week out may not be the best thing to do (However, I'm no a coach so probably talking the brown stuff).

That'd be mine with possibly Murray in for McBride (holding MF) and Spoony in for Zemmama til hes fit.

J-C
01-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Brown

Murray

De Graff McBride Miller

Riordan

Duffy

Still to cime in would be Zouma/Wotherspoon/Galbraith/Hanlon.

Also possible niw signings still to come in like Denneboom etc.

Hibs7
01-09-2010, 02:06 PM
:agree:

Brown
Bamba Stephens Dickoh
Wotherspoon Miller Mcbride Murray Galbraith
Duffy Riordan

I would say this is more of the team I would play for the next game, rather than the best 11.

Hanlon has struggled abit recently and personally i prefer him at CB
De graff has looked off the pace so stick him on the bench
And Nish has been done to death... :cool2:

Like the look of that :thumbsup:

pacorosssco
01-09-2010, 02:11 PM
And 100% of Hibs managers who have been here since Hogg signed have had him as a core team member...the obvious conclusion is that Hibs supporters know much more about the game than professional managers :rolleyes:

I see the point you make but at the same time how long have they lasted in positions. Id much rather hughes in charge than myself but at the same time are the majority of supporters wrong?

Hibs with hogg haven't looked strong defensively and after three years in first team it is time to try someone else

yekimevol
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
brown

hart stephens bamba hanlon

murray mcbride
wortherspoon galbriath
zemamma

riordan

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Stack
Hart
Dickoh/Stephens :dunno:
Bamba
Grounds
Wotherspoon
McBride
Miller
Galbraith
Duffy
Riordan.

Subs
all the rest bar De Graff Nish and Murray.

murraymckirdy
01-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Stack

Hart (rb)
Hanlon (lb)
Bamba (cb)
Dickoh (cb)

Galbraith (lw)
Wotherspoon (rw)

Murray (cm)
Miller (cm)

Riordan (st)
Nish (st)

Nish c'mon he does nothing but look for fould and fails every time

i would have:

Brown

Hart
Murray
Dickoh
Grounds

Bamba

Miller
De Graaf

Duffy
Riordan:top marks:thumbsup:

ancienthibby
01-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Nish c'mon he does nothing but look for fould and fails every time

i would have:

Brown

Hart
Murray
Dickoh
Grounds

Bamba

Miller
De Graaf

Duffy
Riordan:top marks:thumbsup:

Is the 11th member of the team playing for the opposition then??:devil:

DAVE1875
01-09-2010, 04:14 PM
GK: Brown

RB: Hart
CB: Bamba
CB: Dickoh
LB: Grounds

DM: Murray (C)

RM: Wotherspoon
CM: Miller
LM: Galbraith

ST: Duffy
ST: Riordan

Subs: Stack, Hogg, Stephens, De Graaf, McBride, Rankin, Nish

allezsauzee
01-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I see the point you make but at the same time how long have they lasted in positions. Id much rather hughes in charge than myself but at the same time are the majority of supporters wrong?

Hibs with hogg haven't looked strong defensively and after three years in first team it is time to try someone else

Not sure I'd agree that we've been particulary weak defensively since Hogg has been in the team. Last season we were but prior to that our defensive record has been pretty much in line with our league position. Last season we had Wotherspoon who is a midfielder at right back and Bamba's head was in the clouds after the African nations. We also had too many players in midfield that aren't defensive minded.

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Brown

De Graaf Miller Murray Galbraith

Nish/Duffy Riordan(C)

Plenty options on the bench, I'm assuming Dickoh is better than Hogg, not that hard though is it, along with Grounds being better than Hanlon as a LB same with Murray due to his lack of pace..

I like De Graaf, think he'll come good once getting up to speed with the SPL, Galbraith needs a run and Murray will FINALLY bring someone into our midfield that doesn't constitantly shirk tackles..

Upfront is, as mentioned light, so Riordan MUST start along with either of the other 2...

Miller33
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
It would be quite bizzare to spend money on players for six-month and one-year deals and then keep them as non-starters. I would think that all three of this week's signings are already pencilled in as first-team starters.:cool2:

Otherwise, why bother??:grr:

Because I think Stephens should be first in line before Dickoh, DeGraaf hasnt impressed me too much apart from the Maribor game, also i think thats our strongest midfield that I had said and finally how can you have a team without Ian Murray? Grounds surely will be cover for Murray when hes injured?

ancienthibby
01-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Because I think Stephens should be first in line before Dickoh, DeGraaf hasnt impressed me too much apart from the Maribor game, also i think thats our strongest midfield that I had said and finally how can you have a team without Ian Murray? Grounds surely will be cover for Murray when hes injured?
:fibber::fibber::fibber:

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Very easily, what has he done to deserve a place in the 1st 11?

Albion Hibs
01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Whilst I like the above team, dont think DeGraff has shown enough yet to rate staring before Murray, so would take him out and replace with Murray. Just my opinion.

Agreed, remarkable how many people have left out our vice captain and most consistent player from last season and the season before in leu of a 22 year old that has been loaned out from M'burgh and was released from last years loan to Norwich- is this really a thread on our best 11, or the eleven we want to be the best because it is different from Sunday's team.

Stack

Hart / Hanlon / Bamba / Murray(C)

Galbraith / Miller / McBride or Rankin / Grounds

Nish / Riordan

We all know that scoring has been the problem, get our new captain in to shore up this ship and let the boys in front to there job.

Albion Hibs
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Stack
Hart
Dickoh/Stephens :dunno:
Bamba
Grounds
Wotherspoon
McBride
Miller
Galbraith
Duffy
Riordan.

Subs
all the rest bar De Graff Nish and Murray.

Very easily, what has he done to deserve a place in the 1st 11?

Are you kidding, you must be when you have included Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Dickoh, Stephens and grounds - what have they done other than been given chances and not delivered (Wotherspoon) given limited chances (Galbraith) and just been signed (Dickoh, Stephens and Grounds) - is that what you base deserving a place in the starting 11 on?

How about consistancy, someone who understands and has performed well in this league for around 10 years, and one of our best players over last season and the one before - reason enough?

frazeHFC
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Without Zemmama:

Riordan Duffy

Galbraith McBride Miller Wotherspoon

Grounds Dickoh Bamba Hart

Brown

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Are you kidding, you must be when you have included Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Dickoh, Stephens and grounds - what have they done other than been given chances and not delivered (Wotherspoon) given limited chances (Galbraith) and just been signed (Dickoh, Stephens and Grounds) - is that what you base deserving a place in the starting 11 on?

How about consistancy, someone who understands and has performed well in this league for around 10 years, and one of our best players over last season and the one before - reason enough?

Murray cant play wide on either side, so that discounts him playing before Wotherspoon and Galbraiths places. I obviously taking a punt on Dickoh as i know nothing about him, but hope he's better than Hogg. I have seen a little of Stephens, and do think he's better than Hogg now.

I understand why you say what you do, but i saw enough of Murray last season, and again this season to see he's lost something, and will get roasted at left back regularly. Thats why i think the new lad from Middlesborough will be preferred.

Yogi said all along he wants his full backs to push on and support the midfield and forward, Hart will do this, Murray does not, thats why the new lad will play.