PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Bamba (merged)

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Is Bamba the only one who thinks he is leaving...... Putting words out that he is off to PSG, but nothing concrete coming in from PSG.....

Another player trying to engineer a move for himself, and not wanting to be at the Club......:rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
30-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Is Bamba the only one who thinks he is leaving...... Putting words out that he is off to PSG, but nothing concrete coming in from PSG.....

Another player trying to engineer a move for himself, and not wanting to be at the Club......:rolleyes:

Couldn't fault his effort on Sunday to be fair.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Source?

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Couldn't fault his effort on Sunday to be fair.

Agreed Spike, but his own thoughts about PSG coming in for him are alarming..... Is he just making it up, has PSG spoken to him, have we had an offer received?

RickyS
30-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Agreed Spike, but his own thoughts about PSG coming in for him are alarming..... Is he just making it up, has PSG spoken to him, have we had an offer received?

we herd these noises from him before, remember when Rafa was desperate to get him to Anfield?

MussyHibby
30-08-2010, 02:21 PM

On Sundays (and most weeks) performance he deserves to be well shot of that sheite!
He's a class apart :agree:

Spike Mandela
30-08-2010, 02:21 PM

Looks like Rod Petrie could be a busy man over the next 24-36 hours.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Bamba is our best player, and any speculation about his future has not made any difference to his performances since he came back. He will go i'd imagine, i'd rather we got a fee now than nothing in January.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Looks like Rod Petrie could be a busy man over the next 24-36 hours.

Yeah , counting all the money we get in!

HFC 0-7
30-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Bamba is our best player, and any speculation about his future has not made any difference to his performances since he came back. He will go i'd imagine, i'd rather we got a fee now than nothing in January.

Agree about bamba being great for us, always solid no nonsence type, exactly what we need. I would rather lose out on a fee to be honest because I cant see us getting anyone in now if he does. Dont fancy Hogg and Stephens at the back, but think Stephens should be given a shot at the back with bamba.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Agree about bamba being great for us, always solid no nonsence type, exactly what we need. I would rather lose out on a fee to be honest because I cant see us getting anyone in now if he does. Dont fancy Hogg and Stephens at the back, but think Stephens should be given a shot at the back with bamba.

We cant afford to let any of our players leave for free, well not the good ones anyway. If Bamba goes, some of the money needs to be invested in a few positions, along with some of the Stokes money. If not then we are going backwards, and not even standing still.

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2010, 02:36 PM
The way things are looking I would turn any bid for Bamba down, he is the only solid we have at the back, if he goes I would seriously say we could be in a relegation battle come the end of the season. We should not be giving JH more funds for ex Falkirk players. We need to get a new manager in NOW!!

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2010, 02:39 PM

I'd rather keep him for the season than take a pishy amount of money just now and really weaken the team. 3rd place and a cup run or a couple of cup runs is worth more money to Hibs than a tranfer fee of under £1m.

Perspective
30-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Bamba will go before the end of the window and he'll be a massive loss.

Best natural athlete I've seen at Hibs and good with the ball at his feet when his head's in the right place. I think he could easily play in the English Premier League.

Davy Mac
30-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Bamba will go before the end of the window and he'll be a massive loss.

Best natural athlete I've seen at Hibs and good with the ball at his feet when his head's in the right place. I think he could easily play in the English Premier League.

Pity it's the crap around him that let's him down.

Jeez, the way players come and go at ER there must be something not right and I don't just think it's wages.

Perspective
30-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Pity it's the crap around him that let's him down.

Jeez, the way players come and go at ER there must be something not right and I don't just think it's wages.

Generally always been supportive of the selling policy as it's helped the club stabalise and grow.

But did wonder at the game yesterday if that's a factor in the lack of team spirit. Guys sign for Hibs as they see us as a shop window, so don't become particularly attached. Instead of building and keeping a team together, maybe so many changes mean that that kind of togetherness isn't allowed to develop.

hibee4life1983
30-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Generally always been supportive of the selling policy as it's helped the club stabalise and grow.

But did wonder at the game yesterday if that's a factor in the lack of team spirit. Guys sign for Hibs as they see us as a shop window, so don't become particularly attached. Instead of building and keeping a team together, maybe so many changes mean that that kind of togetherness isn't allowed to develop.
we need to keep big bambi and get shot of hogas heis utter pish, nish should be the only striker we should be punting or if i had my way punching out, heedless chicken with narcalepse would be my judgement on that waste of a wage!!!!
PETRIE!!!!!!!

ahibby
31-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I've seen on separate threads Dickoh might be in and Bamba might be out. The Dickoh bit has been reported in newspapers so might be true, but I haven't seen anything about Bamba out. Is Dickoh a replacement or addition?

Steve-O
31-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Racist :agree:

seanraff07
31-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Thats what i thought, it was rumoured the other day that Bamba wants to return to PSG.

ahibby
31-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Racist :agree:?????????????????

Yes I like Athletics especially track events, horse racing and greyhound racing, so your right I must be a racist. :bye:

MSK
31-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I've seen on separate threads Dickoh might be in and Bamba might be out. The Dickoh bit has been reported in newspapers so might be true, but I haven't seen anything about Bamba out. Is Dickoh a replacement or addition?

Racist :agree:

?????????????????

Yes I like Athletics especially track events, horse racing and greyhound racing, so your right I must be a racist. :bye:Is it just me..?...any chance someone can explain the point ...if there actually is one ..?....:confused:

To avoid confusion, i understand the question, however where does the racist part fit into this ..?

Peevemor
31-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Is it just me..?...any chance someone can explain the point ...if there actually is one ..?....:confused:

To avoid confusion, i understand the question, however where does the racist part fit into this ..?

Homophobe! :agree:

ahibby
31-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Doy you mean homophonic?

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Is it just me..?...any chance someone can explain the point ...if there actually is one ..?....:confused:

It's just you.

Sexist pig.

Seveno
31-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Hopefully a replacement for Hogg.

Lofarl
31-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Hoggist

2belhaven
31-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I presume that the transfer window does not apply to France and Bamba could move at any time outwith the British Transfer window

Anyone confirm this ?

HenryMonk
31-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Its a euro wide window, give or take a day or so.

Its only different leagues which start earlier or later. ie gaz oconner.

Think im correct

Sir David Gray
31-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I presume that the transfer window does not apply to France and Bamba could move at any time outwith the British Transfer window

Anyone confirm this ?

As far as I'm aware, the transfer window closes in the whole of Western Europe at some point today. Each FA decides the time when their window closes today so I'm not sure if France closes at 6pm (like England) or at midnight (like Scotland) but I'm pretty sure that the French window will close at some time today.

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Seasons that run on roughly the same timeframe as ours shut today at some point.

Those that are 'summer seasons' like that of Russia's is closed at the moment and will re-open at the end of their season (soonish?).

--------
31-08-2010, 03:16 PM
As far as I'm aware, the transfer window closes in the whole of Western Europe at some point today. Each FA decides the time when their window closes today so I'm not sure if France closes at 6pm (like England) or at midnight (like Scotland) but I'm pretty sure that the French window will close at some time today.

French windows? Installed by Paddy O'Doors & Co, I presume? :cool2:

Barney McGrew
31-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Anyone confirm this ?

The French window closes today too.

hibeeleicester
31-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Paris Saint Germain have signed Ivory Coast full-back Siaka Tiene from fellow Ligue 1 club Valenciennes for 1million euros.
:wink:

SaulGoodman
31-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Way to get me worried :faf:

DH1875
31-08-2010, 05:15 PM
When does the window shut in France?
It's looking good on the Bamba front.

Skanko79
31-08-2010, 05:17 PM
When does the window shut in France?
It's looking good on the Bamba front.

might be wrong but with the deadline being midnight in scotland i think players can still leave to anywhere.

GreenPJ
31-08-2010, 05:22 PM
might be wrong but with the deadline being midnight in scotland i think players can still leave to anywhere.

I would have thought that the receiving football association would have determined the cut-off time (i.e. Scottish players now can't sign for English teams as their cut-off was 6:00) so it will depend on when the French FA apply a cut-off?

Speedy
31-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I would have thought that the receiving football association would have determined the cut-off time (i.e. Scottish players now can't sign for English teams as their cut-off was 6:00) so it will depend on when the French FA apply a cut-off?

Correct.

That sounds like a bargain for Tiene.

Vini1875
31-08-2010, 07:55 PM
You would think that even if it is midnight for the French there is no time to get there and have a medical etc.

I don't think either Bamba or Deeks will leaving, this transfer window anyway.

BADBOYHIBBY
31-08-2010, 08:22 PM
You would think that even if it is midnight for the French there is no time to get there and have a medical etc.

I don't think either Bamba or Deeks will leaving, this transfer window anyway.

Bamba is apparently already in Paris as he is on his way to Ivory Coast for the international game.

Craig_in_Prague
31-08-2010, 08:24 PM
The new guy + Bamba at the back all season :pray:

Galbraith to get a run with Deek moving up top along with Duffy.:pray:

No Nish and Hogg :pray:

Bookkeeper
I'm probably being too cynical but I always think the stories about Bamba signing for other clubs come from Bamba or his agent. :yawn:

Think he's got a higher opinion of himself than others in the game. Even allowing for the fact that he's one of our better players.

HibeeMcGinn1
Been told Hibs have rejected a bid from a French club but they are possibly going to up that bid. Also been told that Bamba is apparantly confused.com that the likes of Liverpool havnt came in for him.

RickyS
31-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I'd rather keep him for the season than take a pishy amount of money just now and really weaken the team. 3rd place and a cup run or a couple of cup runs is worth more money to Hibs than a tranfer fee of under £1m.

so the countdown is on then? less than an hour to go and Bamba is still ours until the next window?

Ed De Gramo
31-08-2010, 10:08 PM

PSG were contemplating a £650K bid....never materialised.....simples!

Part/Time Supporter
31-08-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm probably being too cynical but I always think the stories about Bamba signing for other clubs come from Bamba or his agent. :yawn:

Think he's got a higher opinion of himself than others in the game. Even allowing for the fact that he's one of our better players.

He was full of patter about signing for Championship or French L1 clubs while at Dunfermline, and ended up with the choice of Hibs or Motherwell.

lucky
31-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I have thought this for a while , clearly got an agent whooring him but no one buying. I'm also happy he is staying. The squad looks stronger than yesterday. But we just need to hope that we have got ourselves some decent players.

basehibby
31-08-2010, 10:29 PM
He was full of patter about signing for Championship or French L1 clubs while at Dunfermline, and ended up with the choice of Hibs or Motherwell.

Bamba will get his big move soon enough if he keeps turning it on for the Hibees - if, as it seems, he hangs on at ER for another seaon or so and improves his game still further I'll be delighted.

legends of 73
31-08-2010, 11:14 PM
looks like the big man never got the offers he was expecting:thumbsup:. so just get the head down and get on with it and get this team back on track

RickyS
31-08-2010, 11:15 PM
looks like the big man never got the offers he was expecting:thumbsup:. so just get the head down and get on with it and get this team back on track

looks like it, i've been refreshing the fishul site since 11.55 and nowt:greengrin

J-C
31-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I wonder if Yogi will play the big man as a defensive midfielder where he was oustanding when he played there before, leavind room for Dickoh or whatever his name is to step into the CH position.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2010, 11:26 PM
looks like it, i've been refreshing the fishul site since 11.55 and nowt:greengrin

Possible that whoever does the webpage went home for the night....would be nice to wake to another signing??

Callum_62
31-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I still expect a free agent or 2 to sign up.... :wink:

J-C
31-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I still expect a free agent or 2 to sign up.... :wink:

Daneboom and the bid Slovakian guy maybe eh!

RickyS
31-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Possible that whoever does the webpage went home for the night....would be nice to wake to another signing??
:agree:

yekimevol
01-09-2010, 01:06 AM
big sol new contract NOW !!!!

in case he want to go a clause of a 2million offer must be accepted :\ not great

but beat losing him for free

GreenPJ
01-09-2010, 05:08 AM

in case he want to go a clause of a 2million offer must be accepted :\ not great

Sadly can't seem him wanting to sign an extension. If he does want to go home to his family in France signing an extended contract with a min release clause is only going to deter suitors if they did not manifest themselves this time.

scoopyboy
01-09-2010, 05:47 AM

I wished it was that simple

scoopyboy
01-09-2010, 05:50 AM
PSG were contemplating a £650K bid....never materialised.....simples!

Were they though?

Only Sol's word for that.

He has said his cheerios more than once to all the players telling them that was his last game. Legend in his own lunchtime,

Glad he's staying though.

I'm_cabbaged
01-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Were they though?

Only Sol's word for that.

He has said his cheerios more than once to all the players telling them that was his last game. Legend in his own lunchtime,

Glad he's staying though.

Is the French window shut, remember what happened with GO'C? :dunno:

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2010, 06:26 AM

Shut last night 1 hour before Scotland (due to time difference)

The GOC style sale after the domestic window thing could happen to the Huns.

Arabs want Miller (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3120228/Sheikhs-target-Kenny.html)

nonshinyfinish
01-09-2010, 06:28 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_football_transfers_summer_2010

The summer transfer window opened on 8 June 2010 and closed at midnight on 31 August 2010.

My sources indicate that upon the French window slamming shut last night, a pane of glass cracked. It has since been covered with a bit of chipboard ahead of repair. More when I have it...

RIP
01-09-2010, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't be counting any chickens until tonight. If Sol is in Paris it may be teatime before his signing for PSG is confirmed - even tho it happened before the window shut

Haud yer wheesht till then

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Was told Bamba said his goodbyes to the players last week (not for the first time), but he will now look a bit silly that nobody has bought him.... Big time attitude that is annoying the rest of the squad......

lyonhibs
01-09-2010, 08:05 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_football_transfers_summer_2010

My sources indicate that upon the French window slamming shut last night, a pane of glass cracked. It has since been covered with a bit of chipboard ahead of repair. More when I have it...

I wouldn't hold your breath. The French Confederation of Glaziers is holding a celebration for the 50th anniversary of the great strike of 1960 by, you guessed it, going on strike for at least 2 weeks.

Frazerbob
01-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I hope Sol's head is in the right place when he gets back. After saying his goodbyes to the players and fans at Pittodrie before the January window the move never happened and he was shocking the 2nd half of the season.

Glad he's here for another few months though.

nonshinyfinish
01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath. The French Confederation of Glaziers is holding a celebration for the 50th anniversary of the great strike of 1960 by, you guessed it, going on strike for at least 2 weeks.

Well that's a right pane in the arse. :grr: