PDA

View Full Version : Should we try and sign Gary O'Connor?

pandahfc
31-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Birmingham hoping to sign another striker today together with the loan signing of Alexander Hleb from Barca and a Czech centre half. Not sure how many strikers they have on their books, but seem to recall them signing a few strikers over the summer.
Is this a chance to sign GOC either on loan or permanently to offset the loss of Stokes and rekindle his partnership with Deeks? Think it would be worth a try.
Also see on SSN that Alan Gow is signing for Swindon, so that ends any speculation of him coming back to us.:thumbsup:

hibeeleicester
31-08-2010, 02:38 PM
We tried.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2010, 02:39 PM
as long as Birmingham pick up most or all of his wages I dont see a problem with Hibs trying! I would love for him to come to Hibs on a cheeky loan deal as he would be a great assett for us this season.

easty
31-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I think it would be a good move for O'Connor, if he comes up here and scores a few goals then could convince Eck to give hime a new deal at Birmingham, that said it wouldnt be all the surprising if Rangers were looking at him as a possible loan signing as well.

I would have taken Gow as well though...

TRC
31-08-2010, 02:53 PM
if yogi wanted to replace nish or someone to challenge him then Imho he should have gone for killen

marinello59
31-08-2010, 02:59 PM
if yogi wanted to replace nish or someone to challenge him then Imho he should have gone for killen

Is that the same Killen that signed a permanent deal with a Chinese club just a few weeks ago?

DH1875
31-08-2010, 03:04 PM
They seem to buying a right few players and with the squad they have I'm not sure he will get a lot of game time for them. Add in his fitness and the 25 man squad thing they might be up for it.
No harm in trying, quick yogi get on the pnone.