PDA

View Full Version : No need to be angry

Gerard
31-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Hibs have a new stadium, little debt,a training academy and continue to develop players of ability. There is only so much that the Hibs BODs can do and the players and fans.The manager of this club has to stand up and be counted and use the many resources that he has to optimum use.
Gerard

Chuckie
31-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Also, we're still on course for a domestic treble...

MrSmith
31-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Hibs have a new stadium, little debt,a training academy and continue to develop players of ability. There is only so much that the Hibs BODs can do and the players and fans.The manager of this club has to stand up and be counted and use the many resources that he has to optimum use.
Gerard

Never angry always disappointed!

I would be nice to have a team that stayed together enabling them to build a winning mentality that was both robust and enduring. However it will never be and we Hibs fans have to endure our debt ridden neighbours consolidate and buy others with that strength and attitude that is so sadly missing from our poundstretchers team....Bland probably describes my feeling towards Hibs!

aberhibsfc
31-08-2010, 02:32 PM
:top marks

I would be nice to have a team that stayed together enabling them to build a winning mentality that was both robust and enduring. However it will never be and we Hibs fans have to endure our debt ridden neighbours consolidate and buy others with that strength and attitude that is so sadly missing from our poundstretchers team....Bland probably describes my feeling towards Hibs!

ahibby
31-08-2010, 02:58 PM
How about being angry that our first three league games were all played on Sundays.

Saorsa
31-08-2010, 02:59 PM
GerardApathy would better describe my feelings than anger, in 30+ years I cannae say I remember ever feeling more disinterested in the start of a new season than I do this one, so disinterested in fact the for the 1st time in 11 seasons I dindnae even bother with a season ticket. There'll be plenty empty seats for anybody that wants tae go. It'll be a long, hard, dull season with the present management still in charge.

Mickey Edwards
31-08-2010, 03:15 PM
we had a winning mentality which was robust during the fiercely committed and professional approach under Collins. Until that sort of atmosphere is reignited we won't be a threat to the Old Firm with our current resources. He was able to produce consistent and reliable excellence with a mix of youth team players and otherwise middle of the road pros. {until player power / dressing room unrest proved beyond him}......it's not necessarily just about cash, it's a culture . Unfortunately you need a manager who is almost pathologically/psychotically committed to excellence {a la Collins} and players who buy into that for fewer pennies than the level of commitment probably warrants. Getting Stokes out of camp may be the first step to improving the culture as above , but then again I am a pathological/psychotic optimist.