PDA

View Full Version : No More Signings this Window

MB62
31-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Yogi on forth sports at 1.00pm.

Something about there being plenty apples but they all come from the same barrel.

Think he was talking about the new stand and pitch but at the end of the day the money has to come from somewhere, which ultimately has to affect his transfer pot.

Got distracted whilst listening to this but I think he was saying that there would be no more signings this window.

Aldo
31-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Is it a smokescreen. Someone on the bounce has mentioned that we have bid £500k for Griffiths at Dundee??

Anyone else heard this.

Cannae see RP splashing that sort of cash??

Mikey
31-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Is it a smokescreen. Someone on the bounce has mentioned that we have bid £500k for Griffiths at Dundee??

Anyone else heard this.

He splashed that sort of cash to get Stokes.

The Griffiths story seems to have come from the Pie and Bovril site.

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Anyone else heard this.

Exactly, imagine this board if he did though...especially the "ER board" thread! Large slices of humble to go with said pie...if true :cool2:

hibeeleicester
Thats an old yogi trick.

He hadnt even heard of Liam Miller and the next day he signed for us.:wink:

aberhibsfc
Yogi on forth sports at 1.00pm.

Something about there being plenty apples but they all come from the same barrel.

Think he was talking about the new stand and pitch but at the end of the day the money has to come from somewhere, which ultimately has to affect his transfer pot.

Got distracted whilst listening to this but I think he was saying that there would be no more signings this window.

He's got to be ****ing joking, we are going to enter the first half of the season with two strikers. Why were we loaning the likes of Byrne out etc. This has to be some sort of joke unless he's playing with words and the final signings will be on freedom of contract.

If we don't bring anyone in, serious questions have to be asked. We have planned very badly for the closure of this window, letting Benji go, letting Byrne go on loan then selling Stokes. What the hell is going on. This has to be the most pissed I've been with Hibs!

If things remain as they are we are looking at bottom 6 this season and we are only 3 games in.

Craigyno1
31-08-2010, 01:05 PM
He's got to be ****ing joking, we are going to enter the first half of the season with two strikers. Why were we loaning the likes of Byrne out etc. This has to be some sort of joke unless he's playing with words and the final signings will be on freedom of contract.

If we don't bring anyone in, serious questions have to be asked. We have planned very badly for the closure of this window, letting Benji go, letting Byrne go on loan then selling Stokes. What the hell is going on. This has to be the most pissed I've been with Hibs!

If things remain as they are we are looking at bottom 6 this season and we are only 3 games in.

Dundee fan at work just said £450k for Griffiths and he's having a medical as we speak. Still believe it when I see it!

M11BMO
31-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I've still got a feeling about this Denneboom felly signing...

We'll I hope so anyway.

RickyS
31-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I've still got a feeling about this Denneboom felly signing...

We'll I hope so anyway.

he is a free agent so there is no deadline with him

M11BMO
31-08-2010, 01:13 PM
he is a free agent so there is no deadline with him

Oh aye... :cool2:

legends of 73
31-08-2010, 01:14 PM
stv blog saying £450k for griffiths having medical. also playing dundee in a closed door game today

GreenPJ
31-08-2010, 01:18 PM
For a club who don't spend money readily I would suggest IF this actually has any truth to it then this is a big risk on spending that amount on someone who is not proven at SPL level and had a history (even if it may have been a while ago) that could suggest trouble.

For that amount of money I would have preferred trying to get someone like Velicka or a proven defender or midfielder.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2010, 01:18 PM
stv blog saying £450k for griffiths having medical. also playing dundee in a closed door game today

Where about on STV blog?

http://news.stv.tv/blogs/

Andy74
31-08-2010, 01:20 PM
For a club who don't spend money readily I would suggest IF this actually has any truth to it then this is a big risk on spending that amount on someone who is not proven at SPL level and had a history (even if it may have been a while ago) that could suggest trouble.

For that amount of money I would have preferred trying to get someone like Velicka or a proven defender or midfielder.

Haven't we just signed a proven defender? I've seen Utrecht and you don't play about 70 games for them without knowing what you are doing.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2010, 01:22 PM
He splashed that sort of cash to get Stokes.

The Griffiths story seems to have come from the Pie and Bovril site.

I was told we didnt pay anything for Stokes, the contract was that sunderland got a high % of the sell on fee.

grunt
31-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Where about on STV blog?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/194754-transfer-deadline-day-live/
I'm not sure I would pay any attention to it - it's just folks winding other folks up.

Golden Bear
31-08-2010, 01:23 PM
If we do have money to spend then we should be targetting the positions where we really need players and in my eyes these are at left back and a good old fashioned pacey wide player.

Sometimes I think that Yogi will sign a player simply because "he's available"

HFC 0-7
31-08-2010, 01:25 PM
If we do have money to spend then we should be targetting the positions where we really need players and in my eyes these are at left back and a good old fashioned pacey wide player.

Sometimes I think that Yogi will sign a player simply because "he's available"

Left back I agree with, I think we have a good pacey winger in the form of galbraith if only he got a chance.

Sylar
31-08-2010, 01:26 PM
The Griffiths story is 100% nonsense.

Dr_Regal
31-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Shame, thought so.

EH6 Hibby
31-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Do you know this for a fact or is this your opinion?

johnrebus
31-08-2010, 01:33 PM

I certainly hope so.

Near half a million quid for a guy who should already be at Easter Road (for free)?

:bitchy:

TrickyNicky
31-08-2010, 01:33 PM

Of course it is - you can't just plonk your teepee anywhere you like in Leith!

Miller33
31-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I know for definate 100% that Leigh is not having a medical with Hibs and will not be signing for us, he's in Largs with the Scotland u21s, i just spoke to him 2minutes ago.

Sylar
31-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Do you know this for a fact or is this your opinion?

Known fact, following a hunch on a personal opinion.

Golden Bear
31-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Personally i think Yogi's coat is on a shoogly peg and the Board will be reluctant to offer him any more funds.

The money from Stokes's transfer could well be ring fenced to be used to "pay off" Yogi and negotiate a financial package for his replacement.

Dr_Regal
31-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Personally i think Yogi's coat is on a shoogly peg and the Board will be reluctant to offer him any more funds.

The money from Stokes's transfer could well be ring fenced to be used to "pay off" Yogi and negotiate a financial package for his replacement.

Yeah sounds about right, has till xmas I reckon.

EH6 Hibby
31-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Known fact, following a hunch on a personal opinion.

Thanks for clearing that up! :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-08-2010, 01:47 PM

So lets not give the manager any money for positions that we need and re-evaluate at xmas?? Doesn't make sense to me :confused: If they are going to punt him, punt him now.

Miller33
31-08-2010, 01:59 PM
So lets not give the manager any money for positions that we need and re-evaluate at xmas?? Doesn't make sense to me :confused: If they are going to punt him, punt him now.

Totally agree, how has he any chance of turning anything around if the board dont give him the backing to go about turning things round? Either we punt him now or give him the backing he needs! Im not his biggest fan by a long way but just dont see any sense in keeping money from him now so we can punt him at xmas!

keep the faith
31-08-2010, 02:03 PM
I know for definate 100% that Leigh is not having a medical with Hibs and will not be signing for us, he's in Largs with the Scotland u21s, i just spoke to him 2minutes ago.

Thats a shame. Do you know if we have been interested in Griffiths? I know the yams were but I think he would be a great signing for us.

keep the faith
31-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Thats a shame. Do you know if we have been interested in Griffiths? I know the yams were but I think he would be a great signing for us.

Just noticed that I think this was cleared up in the transfer deadline day thread. :greengrin

Miller33
31-08-2010, 02:10 PM

I was with Leigh around 3 weeks ago and Hibs hadn't made any enquiry or let it be known of any interest in him then, but dont know about since then, just know that he's not signing for us today, although he is very happy at Dundee does not mean that he would not love to sign for Hibs again were his words. Having seen things said about leigh that after being let go as a youngster by Hibs that he held a grudge for that and wouldnt be interested in coming back, is absolute nonsense.. he is a Hibs supporter and would be very proud to wear a Hibs strip one day, but not today or for the next 6 months at least :agree:

grunt
31-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Rumour on stv site that we have taken Jonathan Grounds(?) left back from Middlesboro on loan?

aberhibsfc
31-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I could cope with the disappointment of losing Stokes, which is hard to swallow, if I felt that we were doing something positive with the team. A loan signing and a 1yr deal for a defender, it's not inspiring stuff.

I'm tired of all this accountancy nonsense. Yes, we shouldn't throw caution to the wind but I'd like to be inspired a little by progression on the park. Is that too much to ask?

Andy74
31-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Totally agree, how has he any chance of turning anything around if the board dont give him the backing to go about turning things round? Either we punt him now or give him the backing he needs! Im not his biggest fan by a long way but just dont see any sense in keeping money from him now so we can punt him at xmas!

Mainly because we aren't keeping money from him.

Hughes is evidently looking for certain types and I think the loan deals or short term contracts shows that they are the best he can do for now in those positions but he doesn't want to be tied down to them if they aren't working out.

ancienthibby
31-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I could cope with the disappointment of losing Stokes, which is hard to swallow, if I felt that we were doing something positive with the team. A loan signing and a 1yr deal for a defender, it's not inspiring stuff.

I'm tired of all this accountancy nonsense. Yes, we shouldn't throw caution to the wind but I'd like to be inspired a little by progression on the park. Is that too much to ask?

Obviously, the Board's confidence in our manager is constrained!:greengrin

Yours is'nae?:devil:

ionahibby
31-08-2010, 02:49 PM

Is that dickoh defender guy even signed iv'e not seen anything official and there is no sign of it on the official website :confused:

Hibs90
31-08-2010, 02:53 PM
I was told we didnt pay anything for Stokes, the contract was that sunderland got a high % of the sell on fee.

Sky Sports at the time said it was 500k we paid, so we could donut again. FWIW there is ZERO chance of us getting Griffiths, not for 500k anyway.