PDA

View Full Version : How does Yogi compare to previous managers?

HFC 0-7
31-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I have just had an arguement with a mate as he thought that Yogi is a worse manager than Collins, Mixu and Williamson. Although I think yogi isnt the answer for Hibs just now I was pretty sure he had a better record than these 3.

We compared these managers at competative game level and found the following: -

Yogi Loss Win Rate: - 38.78%
Collins Win Rate: - 42.59%
Williamson Win Rate: - 37.36%
Mixu Win Rate: - 30.65%

Yogi Loss Rate: - 40.82%
Collins Loss Rate: - 29.63%
Williamson Loss rate: - 40.66%
Mixu Loss Rate: - 40.32%

This surprised me a lot as I Yogi has lost a lot of games, but what surprised me the most was John Collins performance. Should we have tried to keep him? I know he made a few enemies but his record was pretty good despite his rubbish signings! Maybe we could have got someone in to help him with signings?

Yogi seems to be everyones friend and IMO is struggling to get players performing at times, Collins distanced himself from players but seemed to get them performing.

The other thing that stands out is that we seemed to be a side under collins that were hard to beat. Only 6 managers in all of hibs history had teams harder to beat that collins.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 11:43 AM
1 season in the job, European qualification through our league position = success.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2010, 11:51 AM
1 season in the job, European qualification through our league position = success.

if you didnt have your age on your profile I would swear you were Yogi's love child! :wink:

What was achieved in the end was a success yet but his recent performance including pretty much half of last season is got to get even his love child worried!

Seriously though, I did think he had a better record than Collins but he doesnt, his loss rate is shocking IMO, losing so many games, to me, shows that we can be a total push over and too often dont turn up. These are all things manager needs to rectify but Yogi hasnt and its these things why I feel yogi is not the man for the job.

tomhorn
31-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Collins achieved something in his one season that the rest of them didnae in aw their time put together.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 11:57 AM
if you didnt have your age on your profile I would swear you were Yogi's love child! :wink:

What was achieved in the end was a success yet but his recent performance including pretty much half of last season is got to get even his love child worried!

Seriously though, I did think he had a better record than Collins but he doesnt, his loss rate is shocking IMO, losing so many games, to me, shows that we can be a total push over and too often dont turn up. These are all things manager needs to rectify but Yogi hasnt and its these things why I feel yogi is not the man for the job.

I dont think he's perfect, and if some of the rumours are true about what happened at the weekend, he can GTF as far as i'm concerned. What i will say, is i have been following the team for over 40 years. And any time we qualify for Europe these days is success. I used to take it for granted in my teens, but nowadays its rarer then hens teeth.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I dont think he's perfect, and if some of the rumours are true about what happened at the weekend, he can GTF as far as i'm concerned. What i will say, is i have been following the team for over 40 years. And any time we qualify for Europe these days is success. I used to take it for granted in my teens, but nowadays its rarer then hens teeth.

Ah the joys of being old! You can remember when Hibs were European regulars! I have to put up with my dad talking about the amazing wins in europe, Napoli is one thats always mentioned! :wink:

I was delighted to qualify for Europe and dearly wanted Yogi to suceed, granted I over reacted from time to time after bad results and though that he may start this season as he did the previous but it looks like its as you were this season and it worries me for this season.

Re the bit in bold, what apparently happened at the weekend? PM me if it cant be shared on the board!