PDA

View Full Version : NHC Oh Dear Mr McGhoo

Gettin' Auld
31-08-2010, 10:20 AM
How to destroy a young players confidence.

Lesson 1 - Here (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/08/31/aberdeen-boss-mark-mcghee-blames-18-year-old-rookie-megginson-for-defeat-to-kilmarnock-86908-22525921/)

Pretty Boy
31-08-2010, 10:25 AM
What a tube.

Typical classless comment you would expect from that grade A fud.

ionahibby
31-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Mcghee is an arse of the highest order just hope he never ends up at hibs!

lucky
31-08-2010, 10:46 AM
When I read that this morning i just shook my head this fool should not be allowed any young players. The man is destroying youngsters before they have even go the careers going. I think Scottish football is so bad because characters like him get to run clubs. Yogi has his faults but he is not as bad as McGhoo

basehibby
31-08-2010, 11:02 AM
He is the very definition of a coupon you'd never tire of slapping :bitchy:

Crazyhorse
31-08-2010, 11:07 AM
What a tube.

Typical classless comment you would expect from that grade A fud.

He is a clown. I was chuckling to myself when I heard him spouting about how if given the funds he could deliver the Champions League for Aberdeen or some such garbage. This on the back of two wins in the SPL. Then they play Kilmarnock...

Have to say he would suit the delusional dwindling band at the PBS

givescotlandfreedom
31-08-2010, 11:30 AM
What a dick! Even if it was the boy's fault you have to have patience with young guys instead of ripping the up.

M11BMO
31-08-2010, 11:30 AM
All of my previous thought confirmed after reading this.

That man is a Toss Pot. :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
31-08-2010, 11:39 AM
If those comments are 100% accurate and haven't been embellished by the Daily Record, that is a ridiculous thing to say, even for him.

Also, the comment about the young guy costing Aberdeen three points is not correct. It was 0-0 at the time, i.e. Aberdeen were getting one point, Kilmarnock scored to make it 1-0 which meant Aberdeen then got no points. By my calculations, if you still want to go down the route of blaming an 18 year old, then he cost Aberdeen ONE point, not THREE.

robinhood
31-08-2010, 11:49 AM
If those comments are 100% accurate and haven't been embellished by the Daily Record, that is a ridiculous thing to say, even for him.

Also, the comment about the young guy costing Aberdeen three points is not correct. It was 0-0 at the time, i.e. Aberdeen were getting one point, Kilmarnock scored to make it 1-0 which meant Aberdeen then got no points. By my calculations, if you still want to go down the route of blaming an 18 year old, then he cost Aberdeen ONE point, not THREE.

Mr McGhee is an idiot. So its not suprising.

sambajustice
31-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Its says in that report that STRIKER Michael Paton is away to Dundee...

Is there perhaps a Dundee striker leaving the club...?

rubber mal
31-08-2010, 11:59 AM

Exactly, how thick. Just confirms everything we already knew about that torn-faced prick. I'm sure the young lad's mistake wasn't the only one made during the game.

bighairyfaeleith
I'm genuinely quite shocked that any manager would come out and speak about his player in that manner. If I was the laddie I would walk up to magoo in the training ground and stick the heed on the ****!!

lyonhibs
McGhee is an absolute, all singing, all dancing ********. Total fud.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-08-2010, 12:00 PM
McGhee is a nob. That was a really stupid thing to say. Its worrying to think that he was mentioned for the Hibs job a while back.

I'm glad we're joining together to condemn someone slating their own players. I hope some of those shouting excessive abuse at Hibs players are reading and taking note.

bighairyfaeleith
31-08-2010, 12:02 PM
McGhee is a nob. That was a really stupid thing to say. Its worrying to think that he was mentioned for the Hibs job a while back.

I'm glad we're joining together to condemn someone slating their own players. I hope some of those shouting excessive abuse at Hibs players are reading and taking note.

Always one UBER fan just waiting eh!!

Hibs Class
31-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Apart from the OTT comments, McGoo seems to be forgetting it was he who made the substitution in the first place. Just deflecting blame, if you ask me

Part/Time Supporter
31-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Even acting under the assumption that Magoo is correct in saying the lad was at fault for the Killie goal, how did it cost the Sheep "three points"??? They were drawing 0-0 in the last minute and were beaten 1-0 due to the goal. Ergo it cost them one point.

Fud.

Unless Magoo is a ****ing psychic as well, and knows that the Sheep would have scored in the remaining time if the boy hadn't erred.

:bye:

matty_f
31-08-2010, 12:06 PM
To be honest, when you read the whole bit it's not actually that bad. If the player's confidence is destroyed after that then maybe a career in football isn't for him..

McGhee's essentially saying that he wants to know that the player feels bad, cares about the mistake and learns from it. He'll know the boy better than any of us do, and will know what buttons to press to manage him.

I don't see at all what's so terrible about it.:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
31-08-2010, 12:10 PM
To be honest, when you read the whole bit it's not actually that bad. If the player's confidence is destroyed after that then maybe a career in football isn't for him..

McGhee's essentially saying that he wants to know that the player feels bad, cares about the mistake and learns from it. He'll know the boy better than any of us do, and will know what buttons to press to manage him.

He's just came out in the national press and blamed an 18 year old for them getting beat, surely a quiet word with the player would be enough, then talk about something else with the press?

matty_f
31-08-2010, 12:14 PM
He's just came out in the national press and blamed an 18 year old for them getting beat, surely a quiet word with the player would be enough, then talk about something else with the press?

As I said, if the laddie's not big enough to read some harsh words from his manager, which will - I guarantee - be much, much tamer to what McGhee will have said to him in the dressing room right after the game, then football isn't the right career for the boy.

500miles
31-08-2010, 12:24 PM
As I said, if the laddie's not big enough to read some harsh words from his manager, which will - I guarantee - be much, much tamer to what McGhee will have said to him in the dressing room right after the game, then football isn't the right career for the boy.

It's still poor management from McGhee, and at 18, the laddie will feel that too. Transfermarkt suggest that his contract runs out next year, and if he's not happy playing for McGhee, then he may well want to find a club with a more positive manager.

Went on loan for 5 games at Arbroath and got 3 goals - a decent return for a youngster......

bighairyfaeleith
31-08-2010, 12:28 PM

Theres constructive criticism and then theres just passing the buck onto the laddie. Players shouldn't be mollycoddled and pampered but at the same time he should be trying to nurture his young players and shooting a big bloody hole in his confidence by slating him in the national press is not going to do that in my opinion.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Always one UBER fan just waiting eh!!

Deary me, have we really got to the stage where someone who doesn’t shout abuse at their own players can be considered an uber fan.

I just find it strange that most of us find McGhee’s comments unhelpful and yet it’s a much more even debate about whether its acceptable to shout what we like our own players.

I saw you mentioned constructive criticism in another post which is really what I’m getting at. The kind of abuse I referred to as ‘excessive’ is not constructive and achieves nothing but destroy a players confidence.

Future17
31-08-2010, 01:38 PM

I'm with you on this one Matty. :agree:

Stantons Angel
31-08-2010, 04:26 PM
yes there is a thing called constructive criticism but in this event this AINT it!

These young lads know when they make a mistake and they feel it too.

If McGee had dared speak to my son like that and plaster it all over the media he would NOT have done it again.

This is a dreadful way to treat ANYBODY never mind a young professional player.

He has been working with Miller too long and should be ashamed of himself!!!!:grr:

Disaster of a player and a MAN!

SaulGoodman
31-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Bits like this IMO

"I hope Mitch felt terrible over the weekend. He deserved to because he was complicit in us losing a goal and three points.
"I hope he had sleepless nights staring at the ceiling thinking about the mistake he made that cost us the game.
"When I was a player I used to lie awake in bed agonising if I missed a scoring chance, never mind making a mistake at the other end.

snooky
31-08-2010, 05:22 PM
When I read that this morning i just shook my head this fool should not be allowed any young players. The man is destroying youngsters before they have even go the careers going. I think Scottish football is so bad because characters like him get to run clubs. Yogi has his faults but he is not as bad as McGhoo

:hmmm:

cocopops1875
31-08-2010, 05:55 PM
magoo is a grade A welt is comments on murray last season the pitch they played their cup game on this season and this confirm that :agree:

3pm
01-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Has anyone managed to see the goal? You could blame 'Sir Paul', Diamond and the GK. The young lad was partly to blame but the quotes are ridiculous.

This is 'NHC' but McGhee is a tit.

bingo70
01-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Bits like this IMO

"I hope Mitch felt terrible over the weekend. He deserved to because he was complicit in us losing a goal and three points.
"I hope he had sleepless nights staring at the ceiling thinking about the mistake he made that cost us the game.
"When I was a player I used to lie awake in bed agonising if I missed a scoring chance, never mind making a mistake at the other end.

In the same way it does players good to remember how they feel when good things happen, if this young player does feel terrible and he remember what it's like to **** up then it may well stop him from doing it again.

I think Mcghee is a complete fud and this may not work but i think sometime we can be a bit precious with footballers, sometimes a wee quiet word telling them they're still fantastic bla bla bla could mean they don't realise the responsibilities they've got.

For all we know this player might be a cocky wee twat that needed brought back down to earth a bit.