PDA

View Full Version : Electric golf buggies

Houchy
31-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Who has one, what kind is it and do you rate it?

I'm in the market for an electric golf buggy but don't know what one to go for.

Not wanting a remote controlled one or anything like that. I was just looking at the Motocaddy S1 or the like but I saw that American golf were doing a "powerbug" for £199 but i've never heard of them. Reviews seem pretty good but i'd rather get any opinions from people that have/had a buggy that they would recommend.

Got about £500 to throw at it but I have to get a cart bag to go with it too.

Cheers.

greenlex
31-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Get a powakaddy. Not Market leader for nothing. Solid and reliable. My battery is just about to finish it's fourth year and it's been well used.

Golden Bear
31-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I've got a 3 year old Powakaddy and never had any problems with it. Now & again, American Golf offer a free Powakaddy bag along with the trolley so it's worthwhile maybe hanging on until the end of season sale.

Houchy
31-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Cheers guys. Going in for a wee look tomorrow but not buying anything just yet. Just a bit of research at the moment.

Thanks again guys.:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Have had a Powakaddy Classic Legend for about 5 years as I was getting neck problems from carrying. Got that rather than the Freeway as it dis-assembles into small parts so it lives in my car boot. Couldn't recommend Powakaddy any higher. Original 18 hole battery lasted about 3 years, then got a 36 hole replacement and it is really strong.

Houchy
28-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Finally decided and went with a Powakaddy Robokaddy:thumbsup:

At least this way, no matter how bad the golf, I can still have a bit of fun freaking people out.

greenlex
28-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Finally decided and went with a Powakaddy Robokaddy:thumbsup:

At least this way, no matter how bad the golf, I can still have a bit of fun freaking people out.

That's what I have . The novelty will wear off after a bit but it's great to be able to get your hands in your pockets when it's cold.
Be carefull when down lining up putts if the remote is in your pocket. It's not the first time I have been over a putt and out the corner of my eye the bloody thing has taken off down the fairway.

Houchy
07-10-2010, 02:06 PM
That's what I have . The novelty will wear off after a bit but it's great to be able to get your hands in your pockets when it's cold.
Be carefull when down lining up putts if the remote is in your pocket. It's not the first time I have been over a putt and out the corner of my eye the bloody thing has taken off down the fairway.

Does this bloody thing have a speed control??? I can change it with the wee rotating knob at the side when using it manually but when I use it with the remote, it only has 2 speeds... quick and turbo quick!!! The cat had to jump out the way when I tried it otherwise he was going to be one flat cat:greengrin

Houchy
07-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Does this bloody thing have a speed control??? I can change it with the wee rotating knob at the side when using it manually but when I use it with the remote, it only has 2 speeds... quick and turbo quick!!! The cat had to jump out the way when I tried it otherwise he was going to be one flat cat:greengrin

I think i've worked it out... you press the "-" button after the "+" button when it's going forward and that acts as the brake? How long did it take you to get used to it lexo as i've just broken a photo frame now and crashed it into next doors plants!!!:greengrin

greenlex
07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I think i've worked it out... you press the "-" button after the "+" button when it's going forward and that acts as the brake? How long did it take you to get used to it lexo as i've just broken a photo frame now and crashed it into next doors plants!!!:greengrin
Thats it Houchy. you should be able to start it slowly by pressing the + button once without keeping it in. If you keep it pressed it will just take off. Pressing it in sharp bursts should increase the speed if you know what I mean and the same with the - button. It will slow it down with sharp depressions. It will also go in reverse if you start with the - button but I guess you will have sussed that by now.
Have you tried it with the bag full of clubs on it yet? Its much easier as its not as reactive to the commands as the weight seems to make it less mobile if that makes sense.
One word of warning though. When you are going up hills the left and right commands are hyper sensitive as the weight goes back onto the drive wheels and it can go a bit mental until you get used to it.
Have fun.:greengrin