PDA

View Full Version : Team not individuals

down-the-slope
31-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Most of the threads on here (understandably during window) are all about individuals....

Personally I could not care about the specifics of individual players...what I am interested in is will we have a decent Team on the park come say October when the dust has settled....the best 11 players rarely make the best team...

What we have lacked is a consistent team ethic and desire of recent....NO player is or has been bigger than the team and they will as they have come and go (as will managers)

I want a squad of 15/18 players who play for the shirt and each other (high expectations these days) but over all more effective getting results even with some so called lesser talented individuals...

So lets give the manager / board / new players some slack until we see the effect on the team in a few weeks time...

Of course if this 'shuffling the pack' fails to bring more stability and consistencey then come Christmas then responsibility will have to be taken...

I'm an optomist (better for your health as a Hibby :wink:).....Cup draw this afternoon :greengrin

Callum_62
31-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Cup draw this afternoon :greengrin

doesnt matter who we get, we will be papped oot in the 1st round anyway.....

had to say it before someone else did.... :greengrin:wink:

hibsbollah
31-08-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm an optomist

Is that the same as an optician?:greengrin

Jack
31-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I think Hibs are between a rock and a hard place, always have been.

We have a sprinkling of international standard players (not always played for Scotland though) who are a class above the rest. They will invariably know they are better than the rest and normally be keen to move on to bigger clubs.

A rare player at Hibs is the player whose ability matches the standard of the club, they like being here and are comfy.

Then we have the ‘also rans’ (still so much better than I ever was) who make up the rest of the squad. They do not really match the standard of the club but need to be there so we can afford the others. This is the best and biggest club they will ever be at, they know that and try like billy-o to stay here.

The prima donnas are too good the also rans are not good enough, they don’t really mix, they don’t really play as a team. Its even worse when the also rans are ‘my body is a temple type’ and the prima donnas are piss artists and Billy Boasters.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I think Hibs are between a rock and a hard place, always have been.

We have a sprinkling of international standard players (not always played for Scotland though) who are a class above the rest. They will invariably know they are better than the rest and normally be keen to move on to bigger clubs.

A rare player at Hibs is the player whose ability matches the standard of the club, they like being here and are comfy.

Then we have the ‘also rans’ (still so much better than I ever was) who make up the rest of the squad. They do not really match the standard of the club but need to be there so we can afford the others. This is the best and biggest club they will ever be at, they know that and try like billy-o to stay here.

The prima donnas are too good the also rans are not good enough, they don’t really mix, they don’t really play as a team. Its even worse when the also rans are ‘my body is a temple type’ and the prima donnas are piss artists and Billy Boasters.

:agree: Our quality players are normally the maverick types, those who can win you a game in a blink of an eye. I wish we had a couple of good quality players who were the driving force of the team, the type who would take a grip of a game when the chips are down, and our mavericks are not performing.