PDA

View Full Version : Good / bad / indifferent window? (merged)

Callum_62
31-08-2010, 07:22 AM
If no one else but Stokes leave, and we see:

Duffy
Dickoh
Mark Wilson
and Biscan

come in?

blairwallace
31-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Celtic feeding for a few rejects? Ill go with wilson cause we need a stronger defence and he should help

Scooter
31-08-2010, 07:32 AM

Duffy - no choice
Dickoh - looks decent
Mark Wilson - no thanks major crock
and Biscan - yes

come in?

allezsauzee
31-08-2010, 07:49 AM
As I know hee haw about Dickoh and Biscan, I don't know. I'm not going to base my opinion on what i read about them on Wikipedia. I'd be happier if we signed somebody of proven quality to bolster the squad. Duffy has a bit of pace at least.

MB62
31-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Just to be a bit of a pedant, does the transfer deadline not end at 6.00pm tonight and not midnight? :dunno:

ionahibby
31-08-2010, 07:54 AM

Duffy
Dickoh
Mark Wilson
and Biscan

come in?

First iv'e heard of the mark wilson thing :confused:

Hibs90
31-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Just to be a bit of a pedant, does the transfer deadline not end at 6.00pm tonight and not midnight? :dunno:

6 in England midnight in Scotland.

Iain G
31-08-2010, 08:03 AM
I'd be pretty happy with:

Out:
Nish
Stevenson or Rankin
One of our goalkeepers (Smith?)
Thicot or Hogg(?)

In:
Denneboom
Biscan
Dickoh

Mark Wilson, if fit, would be a great addition too.

Which would give us a starting eleven, IMHO, of:

Brown
Hart Dickoh Hanlon Murray
DeGraaf Miller Bamba Galbraith
Denneboom/Biscan Riordan

Subs: Stack, Hogg/Thicot, McBride, Duffy, Denneboom/Biscan, Stevens, Wotherspoon

Love the Green
31-08-2010, 08:17 AM

Out:
Nish
Stevenson or Rankin
Thicot or Hogg(?)

In:
Denneboom
Biscan
Dickoh

Brown
Denneboom/Biscan Riordan

Subs: Stack, Hogg/Thicot, McBride, Duffy, Denneboom/Biscan, Stevens, Wotherspoon

Why on earth would you select degraaf? he has been murder and mcbride is a much better player at this tiime actuallyt I would rather see welsh or currie play before him as these guys have a greater appetite and reason for doing well.

"keep the faith"i

Cocaine&Caviar
31-08-2010, 08:43 AM
___________Brown

Hart___Bamba___Hanlon__Murray

Zemmama___Miller__McBride___Gow

______Donneboom___Riordan

Probably a more balanced team than we put out all of last season, and if the two wide men are inured, wotherspoon and galbraith to come in?

Andy74
31-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Okay, so most thought we were a few players away from having a decent team last year and one that would cope with a different approach when needed (Let's keep the tactics part out of this one!).

The key things on people's list were a right back, a big, physical centre half, some pace up front, a goalscoring threat from midfield and more physical presence there.

So far we've got the right back, we've now got two new physical centre halfs, we've added some pace up front and although De Graaf looks a bit short on what was promised so far he is a guy that gets in the box and looks like he will get goals, as well as being at 6ft a bit bigger than the others in there.

When Hughes took over we never had any midfield to speak of, he added McBride and Miller, both very good value. He's also gone some way to address the goalkeeping situation. They've had a mixed time but I doubt we'd have expected to get three guys that we've spoken off in the past as potential first choice keepers here.

Yes, we will lose Stokes and Bamba but with just over a year gone we are certainly working hard to address things we all felt needed addressed.

Hughes says we are still two years away and that suggests to me that he is even more unhappy with the team he has got than we are!

I can still see another face ot two appearing today as well. Hopefully someone to keep Nish out the team!

basehibby
31-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Okay, so most thought we were a few players away from having a decent team last year and one that would cope with a different approach when needed (Let's keep the tactics part out of this one!).

The key things on people's list were a right back, a big, physical centre half, some pace up front, a goalscoring threat from midfield and more physical presence there.

So far we've got the right back, we've now got two new physical centre halfs, we've added some pace up front and although De Graaf looks a bit short on what was promised so far he is a guy that gets in the box and looks like he will get goals, as well as being at 6ft a bit bigger than the others in there.

When Hughes took over we never had any midfield to speak of, he added McBride and Miller, both very good value. He's also gone some way to address the goalkeeping situation. They've had a mixed time but I doubt we'd have expected to get three guys that we've spoken off in the past as potential first choice keepers here.

Yes, we will lose Stokes and Bamba but with just over a year gone we are certainly working hard to address things we all felt needed addressed.

Hughes says we are still two years away and that suggests to me that he is even more unhappy with the team he has got than we are!

I can still see another face ot two appearing today as well. Hopefully someone to keep Nish out the team!

:confused: Wonder of wonders - a post which mentions Hughs' name without tearing shreads off him at the slightest whiff of an opportunity!

:top marks For acknowledging the good work already done by Yogi in the transfer market - we hear plenty enough about his apparent lack of tactical finesse and the unpleasing grammar of his press releases. So thanks for bringing a bit of balance to the forum - like yourself I'm hoping he will continue in the same vein this window and we will somehow emerge with an improved squad of players to be mis-selected and played out of position (sic) this coming season. :wink:

cockneymike
31-08-2010, 12:47 PM

I'd go along with the positive nature of this post. We do still need an LB with pace, as its apparent that IM's legs don't have it, although Calum Booth might be up to that job come January.

I'd also say we need a decent hold the ball up back to goal win headers Chris Killen type instead of Nish, who doesn't really do any of those things!

And we probably need an upgrade on Chris Hogg - although Stephens or Hanlon could potentially be that. Indeed IM could be as well.

On transfer dealings I think Yogi's done ok, its in some of the other aspects that we feel so let down currently. For the record I'm not suggesting that we get rid of him yet though. I'd give him at least till Christmas to get us going again - and I hope that he can.

DH1875
31-08-2010, 01:49 PM

Out:
Nish
Stevenson or Rankin
Thicot or Hogg(?)

In:
Denneboom
Biscan
Dickoh

Brown
Denneboom/Biscan Riordan

Did Sunday no teach you anything? McBribe needs to be in the starting 11. (Never thought I'd ever say that). As for De Graaf, don't get me started.

sesoim
31-08-2010, 02:14 PM
___________Brown

Probably a more balanced team than we put out all of last season, and if the two wide men are inured, wotherspoon and galbraith to come in?

Apart from Gow, I'd be pretty happy to go with that team. I'd sign a LB and play Murray in LM. I know he's lost pace etc, but he would solidify the team and contribute a few goals. And we can always bring on Wotherpoon/Galbraith to add a bit of pace late on if needed.

lyonhibs
31-08-2010, 02:37 PM
If we keep Bamba, sign a big striker to "challenge" Nish for the role of big fellae up front ( I was going to type "replace" but avoided doing so for fear of overturning the small yet vocal hornets nest :greengrin) and this Grounds guy comes in as an option at LB, then yes I'll be happy.

Yogi will still be manager, but hey ho, one can't have everything.

ancienthibby
31-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Apart from Gow, I'd be pretty happy to go with that team. I'd sign a LB and play Murray in LM. I know he's lost pace etc, but he would solidify the team and contribute a few goals. And we can always bring on Wotherpoon/Galbraith to add a bit of pace late on if needed.

One has gone elsewhere and the other is at EM (so we believe!)

Two wishes out of three - you are on a roll - go for another one!!:devil:

Ritchie
31-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Get griffiths signed!!!!!!

Would make me feel a whole lot better

Andy74
31-08-2010, 02:56 PM
So, looks like we could if wanted, have a new, more physical back four made of of signings from this window if they all go through.

Grounds, Dickoh, Stephens, Hart

Throw in Murray, Hanlon, even Thicot and perhaps Hogg we don't seem overly weak there anymore? Bamba might even still be here.

ancienthibby
31-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Get griffiths signed!!!!!!

Would make me feel a whole lot better

Still plenty of time!:agree:

Ritchie
31-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Still plenty of time!:agree:

You heard something to make you think he's signing??

Diclonius
31-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Positivity? Not on MY hibs.net. :grr:

sauzee
31-08-2010, 03:18 PM
when the **** are we going to announce these "A" class signings,running out of time:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

MSK
31-08-2010, 03:20 PM
when the **** are we going to announce these "A" class signings,running out of time:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:Probably after midnight when the window closes...:bitchy:

ski1875
31-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Window closes at 6 actually

Hibernian Verse
31-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Window closes at Midnight actually.

Last Minute
31-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Midnight, 6pm England only

ski1875
31-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Apologies. reason for this?

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2010, 03:45 PM
When Scottish clubs get KB'd from trying to buy in England, they still have six hours to play musical chairs and trade some donkeys between each other, thus conning fans into believing that something is being done to improve their poor teams.

Franck Stanton
31-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Not in Scotland it dont, 6 pm in Englandshire, Midnight in gods country :bye:

lyonhibs
31-08-2010, 05:07 PM
when the **** are we going to announce these "A" class signings,running out of time:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

The way you've quoted the A leads one to believe someone with influence over Hibs transfer policy has come out and said that we are looking at some "A" class players, in the same vein that Romanov once spouted that "3 World Cup players" would be coming to Hertz.

Am I missing something, or have we had - at least - "a less disastrous than might otherwise have been" final day.

Sadly, signings that fit the optimists definition of "A class" are a mite outwith Hibs' reach these days.

flash
31-08-2010, 05:11 PM
So that's a right back, a left back a striker and a midfielder as well as a physical centre half. Oh aye and a striker too. Seems to me we are one more striker short of having a pretty decent transfer window.

Not that you would know from reading all the melodramatic pish on here.

shamo9
31-08-2010, 05:15 PM
So that's a right back, a left back a striker and a midfielder as well as a physical centre half. Oh aye and a striker too. Seems to me we are one more striker short of having a pretty decent transfer window.

Not that you would know from reading all the melodramatic pish on here.

Two actually. Stephens and Dickoh.

flash
31-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Two actually. Stephens and Dickoh.

Even better!:wink:

Speedway
31-08-2010, 05:30 PM
AAAAARRGHHHHH MY FINGERS!!!!

That's the window slammed shut then and the Yoginator has now signed a starting XI of

Brown

Hart
Stephens
Dickoh
Grounds

De Graff
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Duffy
Stokes

Is this an improvement on what he inherited from Mixu?

As for the massive who are suggesting that the loan deals and one year deals are signs that the board no longer back Yogi with funds, sadly you're wrong.

Duffy's short term deal is takes him to the end of his contract (we've effectively bought him out of his deal at Bristol ala Gow)

Dickoh's one year deal is at the request of the player not the club.

Grounds is on loan because that's all we could get.

Gow has asked for much more money from Swindon to get out of signing for them and come back to Hibs (allegedly)

Now, about Yogi and his ex-Falkirk fixation...

Has anyone considered that his signing policy targets those he feels he can trust to sweat blood for him/played at a higher level? Also known as the Harry Redknapp approach.

I think we have to be careful of the Anti-Yogi slant with which current news from ER is being reported. I'm not a big fan of the guy but I'm also sure things aren't quite as black as they are being painted either.

Steve20
31-08-2010, 05:31 PM
We have until midnight to bring in players.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Casper the friendly transfer window. :wink:

ancienthibby
31-08-2010, 05:35 PM

That's the window slammed shut then and the Yoginator has now signed a starting XI of

Brown

Hart
Stephens
Dickoh
Grounds

De Graff
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Duffy
Stokes

As for the massive who are suggesting that the loan deals and one year deals are signs that the board no longer back Yogi with funds, sadly you're wrong.

Duffy's short term deal is takes him to the end of his contract (we've effectively bought him out of his deal at Bristol ala Gow)

Gow has asked for much more money from Swindon to get out of signing for them and come back to Hibs (allegedly)

Has anyone considered that his signing policy targets those he feels he can trust to sweat blood for him/played at a higher level? Also known as the Harry Redknapp approach.

I think we have to be careful of the Anti-Yogi slant with which current news from ER is being reported. I'm not a big fan of the guy but I'm also sure things aren't quite as black as they are being painted either.

Go and have a wee lie-down - until tomorrow!!:devil:

Hibby Bairn
31-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I would say that the squad is definitely better now than under Mixu. Whether Hughes can get them playing and winning is another matter.

SloopJB
31-08-2010, 05:40 PM

Brown

Hart
Stephens
Dickoh
Grounds

De Graff
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Duffy
Stokes

Christ, Stokes didn't last long at the tic

mglancy23
31-08-2010, 05:44 PM
That's why he was sold cheap! They only got him for the day

johncrobertson@
31-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Stokes out for 1.2 million

Dickoh Ghana International defender in - Duffy pacy striker in - Grounds left back or centre half in - Sol stays - and possibly Gow or Dennenbom to come in! Would you have taken that at the start of the day. Well done Yogi and the board - hope it all comes good.:wink:

The_Todd
31-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Stokes practically given to Celtc - If this is how Carlsberg deadline days go, then thank **** I don't drink Carlsberg.

smurf
31-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Class A?

johncrobertson@
31-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Stokes clearly had something in his contract regarding the fee - and he was always going to go. The collective signings look like they will strengthen the team and the pool - seems like a good day if it works out!

Scooter
31-08-2010, 05:58 PM
How has signed for Swindon has he not

H18sry
31-08-2010, 06:01 PM
As much as we will miss Stokes on the field,I think that team harmony will be a lot better now he has gone :agree:

Speedway
31-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Nope.

Just Jimmy
31-08-2010, 06:06 PM
If Bamba stays and Deek gets a new deal signed i'd take that. The new guys deserve a chance, they didn't sell stokes.

Good luck to the boys who'll play for Hibs this season.

new malkyhib
31-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Dickoh Ghana International defender in - Duffy pacy striker in - Grounds left back or centre half in - Sol stays - and possibly Gow or Dennenbom to come in! Would you have taken that at the start of the day. Well done Yogi and the board - hope it all comes good.:wink:

You're easy pleased, pal...

Gettin' Auld
31-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Who how? :greengrin

Badge
31-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Nope.

Radio Scotland update said he had (5.30).

DH1875
31-08-2010, 06:11 PM
All we need is another striker and will be a good window. Wonder who it's going to be.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Radio Scotland update said he had (5.30).

Just been on Swindon website and there is a story on there about signing Sheehan but nothing about Gow?

I hope we do get him, put him out wide left.....Deek & Duffy up front?

Cropley10
31-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Beat it

Judas Iscariot
31-08-2010, 06:18 PM

Your quickly becoming worse than Fonz for your ****** spelling..

DH1875
31-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Roll on the next one as that will be intresting. Deeks, Bamba, Millar and Zemmama are all out of contract at the end of this season.

johncrobertson@
31-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Beat it

What is that about? I express an opinion that the overall team will benefit from the activity! Rod has always got exceptional deals for the club and was clearly restricted this time due to the contract - we can be sure we got the best deal possible for someone who was only with us for a short time. At least the board have backed the manager in bringing in other players - surely we as Hibs fans can appreciate that!

Hiber-nation
31-08-2010, 06:35 PM

What is "A" class?

Beefster
31-08-2010, 06:37 PM
What is that about? I express an opinion that the overall team will benefit from the activity! Rod has always got exceptional deals for the club and was clearly restricted this time due to the contract - we can be sure we got the best deal possible for someone who was only with us for a short time. At least the board have backed the manager in bringing in other players - surely we as Hibs fans can appreciate that!

If he was restricted by the contract (i.e. a release clause) then the best deal possible was the release clause amount. Nothing needing done by Rodders. I don't believe there was a clause though.

Selling a player for a relatively big fee and bringing in a free and a loanee - both for one year only - isn't backing the manager. Letting him spend some of the fee received for Stokes would be backing the manager. That's not Rodders'/Lindsay's way however.

Cropley10
31-08-2010, 06:49 PM

A thinly disguised attempt at a wind up. IMHO.

johncrobertson@
31-08-2010, 06:52 PM
A thinly disguised attempt at a wind up. IMHO.

It worked - top man!

Hibby 2005
31-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Your quickly becoming worse than Fonz for your ****** spelling..

Charming.

ionahibby
31-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Ican't say it been too bad a day i suppose although i'd rather yogi have been giving some dosh rather than loan and free's. End of the day i'd rather be a hibby than a yam today seeing as they've had a really busy day in the transfer market today , they obviously already signed there quality signings :faf:

DH1875
31-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Am I the only one or is anyone else suprised that other than Stokes no other player seems to have left the club.

Barney McGrew
31-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Am I the only one or is anyone else suprised that other than Stokes no other player seems to have left the club.

It wouldn't surprise me if we release a couple of players before midnight so that they're free agents and can sign for anyone outside the window.

Dr What If?
31-08-2010, 07:12 PM
According to some reports, not half as surprised as big Sol!!!:greengrin

sambajustice
31-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Very very disappointing if it is!

Where are the Grade A signings? Or are my expectations too high?

I fear come January 31st it'll be far too late to salvage our season!

Hibs On Tour
31-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Crap window IMHO.

Lose our top scorer for far less than he's worth to one of the OF. 'Replace' him with a season's loan of a journeyman with no great scoring record.

Young defender we've not heard of until Jan and an ex-international defender only for a year.

Not too much to get excited about at this stage I'd say. While I wish the new guys all the best and hope they come good (naturally), I'm more than a little underwhelmed. Yes, there may be good reasons but you didn't ask that - just good, bad or indifferent.

I do however think Hart, De Graff and Stephens are decent signings however, so some light in the tunnel. Plus Sol remains - perhaps. Its still 2 hours till our window shuts remember. Wouldn't put it past Walter to try to get Bamba in...

SloopJB
31-08-2010, 08:58 PM

You copied that from Winston Churchill didn't you? just to rally the troops.

PMA?

mare like PMT

bingo70
31-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Before the transfer window opened i wanted a right back, a central defender, a midfielder and a forward.

We've got a right back, 2 central defenders, a left back which might mean murray can compete for central defence and a midfielder from a good level, dissapointed we've been weakened up front but you can't have everything and hopefully Duffy surprises a few and gets a few goals.

We've also now got a proper goalie, so overall strengthened defensively but weaker up front, think most would agree that was where we needed to improve so i'm pretty happy if not doing cartwheels.

sambajustice
31-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Before the transfer window opened i wanted a right back, a central defender, a midfielder and a forward.

We've got a right back, 2 central defenders, a left back which might mean murray can compete for central defence and a midfielder from a good level, dissapointed we've been weakened up front but you can't have everything and hopefully Duffy surprises a few and gets a few goals.

We've also now got a proper goalie, so overall strengthened defensively but weaker up front, think most would agree that was where we needed to improve so i'm pretty happy if not doing cartwheels.

Well how do you know we've strengthened and not just added another Thicot and Zarabi to the squad? These are all guys that no-one has ever heard of!

marinello59
31-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Well how do you know we've strengthened and not just added another Thicot and Zarabi to the squad? These are all guys that no-one has ever heard of!

How do you know we haven't strengthened?

Westie1875
31-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Still really need another striker, if we get that and no one else leaves I will be fairly comfortable with what we have.

Part/Time Supporter
31-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Still really need another striker, if we get that and no one else leaves I will be fairly comfortable with what we have.

To compete with replace Nish

:agree:

Geo_1875
31-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Reasonably pleased. We've got contenders in for positions that needed filled/strengthened. If Stokes leaving means we get Deek playing up front and Galbraith gets to play on the left I think we're stronger than we were on Sunday. Bring it on.:flag::flag::flag:

Alex Trager
31-08-2010, 09:15 PM
After watching the boys on hibs tv i'm quetly optimistic....please give them at least five or six weeks before houling them-if bad-

Beefster
31-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Reasonably pleased. We've got contenders in for positions that needed filled/strengthened. If Stokes leaving means we get Deek playing up front and Galbraith gets to play on the left I think we're stronger than we were on Sunday. Bring it on.:flag::flag::flag:

What makes you think that Riordan will play up front? Won't Duffy be a straight replacement for Stokes and Riordan stays where he is?

Billy Whizz
31-08-2010, 10:07 PM
What makes you think that Riordan will play up front? Won't Duffy be a straight replacement for Stokes and Riordan stays where he is?

We still need another striker. One in and one out. On Sunday we had no strikers on the bench. Not good enough for a team of Hibs standing£

1two
31-08-2010, 11:04 PM
That's the window slammed shut!

Well worth staying up for I might add...

Duffy
Grounds
Dickoh

Uninspiring but ooh to be a hibby!

Still hopefully get this free transfer striker sorted though

MontrealHibs
31-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink ? :greengrin

persevere1875
31-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Anyone know for definate wether there's was any activity at EM immediately prior to the window closing ?? Anything likely to be announced in the morning ?? are the lights still on at East Mains or is the Tache tucked up in bed :dunno:

HibeeDaz6270
31-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Uninspiring...maybe so. Although i think a huge positive is the fact BAMBA is still here. Since Bamba came to hibs he has become more and more a complete player, and now really looks a rock at the back for us. I personally think we would miss Bamba more than Stokes. The thought of no BAMBA at the back is very worrying. We have also brought in a left back, centre half , striker and high possibility of another striker coming in soon aswel.

We hopefully have a stronger squad now. If we can get 1 or 2 more signings. Maybe this striker that is rumoured + 1 more i would be fairly happy. Yes it is disapointing to see us yet again sell 1 of our best players, but i can only imagine there must have been some clause put in his contract at his request when he signed for us, so not alot we could do. We got goals out of stokes, plus made profit on him. Maybe not as much profit as we would have liked, but i guess he maybe wasnt willing to sign otherwise. A little disapointed we havent spent much money to bring in a bit of proven quality, but heres hoping what we brought in does the business.

The worrying thing for me is Yogi not selecting the right team/tactics. For Hibs to move forward, players such as Colin Nish and Chris Hogg are simply not good enough, So i hope Yogi sees this aswel! They are squad players, adequate cover. However if we want to go places, and push for 3rd in the league, then i dont see them as players in my 1st 11.

andrew_dundee
31-08-2010, 11:37 PM
so we lost Stokes but who else did we lose? i've had a busy summer of moving etc so i've not really had the chance to follow the Green and White Army (the English press dont ever mention Hibs) but i assume we must have freed up a couple of players or at least not renewed some contracts- beji and maka etc

who's gone?

Halifaxhibby
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Stokes to the kid on green and whites - £1.2 mill( £800,000 to hibs)
Kurtis Byrne out on loan to east fife
Kevin Mcann on loan to ICT(as usual he's already injured himself!)
Sean Lynch to st mirren
Benji - released
John Rankin - Barcelona for 35mill(Only joking!, i've been drinking heavily today!)

hibee92
01-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Kurtis Byrne out on loan to east fife
Kevin Mcann on loan to ICT(as usual he's already injured himself!)
Sean Lynch to st mirren
Benji - released
John Rankin - Barcelona for 35mill(Only joking!, i've been drinking heavily today!)

did sean lynch not leave a wee while before now?

also, you got me :greengrin

Steve20
01-09-2010, 04:50 AM
I still expect a free transfer striker to come in and maybe even Gow as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
01-09-2010, 05:15 AM

Sean Lynch to st mirren

Wrong. Hibs get 800k now and the rest in some sort of installments.

We let Sean Lynch go seasons ago, where he eventually signed for Falkirk before being released by them.

Jones28
01-09-2010, 06:52 AM
___________Brown

:agree: De graaf and miller CANNOT play in the same team. EVER! They are far too similar.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Apologies. reason for this?

Because you were wrong? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Impossible to say till we see the new chaps play. Are Dickoh, Duffy and Grounds better quality or of the same standard as Hogg, Nish and Rankin?

Adding strength and getting players in the positions we need them is a good thing, but I'm far from convinced at the moment that we're not compromising quality and filling up our squad with more bottom-six journeymen.

I don't expect Duffy to be as good as Stokes, but I pray he's better than Nish. I don't expect Dickoh to be as good as Bamba, but I hope he's better than Hogg.

Only time will tell.

Kaiser1962
01-09-2010, 07:49 AM
What is "A" class?

We just missed out on Robinho and Van Der Vaart. Petrie...Fekcing disgrace:grr:

Kaiser1962
01-09-2010, 07:53 AM

Does nobody think that with Sokes gone Yogi will now move Deek up front? Christ he wasnt that far behind Stokes from left wing and I think that, in six months, we wont even be talking about Stokes.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Does nobody think that with Sokes gone Yogi will now move Deek up front? Christ he wasnt that far behind Stokes from left wing and I think that, in six months, we wont even be talking about Stokes.

not if the "fall out" is not resolved?

ahibby
01-09-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm happy enough that we seem to have strengthened defence.

Joy Zipper
01-09-2010, 09:37 AM
I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed. The report card would read - must try harder.

Joe's ice cream
01-09-2010, 09:40 AM
I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed. The report card would read - must try harder.

Can i ask what you would liked to have seen to make the report card read better?

hibee bouncer
01-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Yogi has done what most fans wanted. We were screaming for a RB & CB - we got them. Granted we've sold Stokes - but for a profit however I reckon that if Yogi screws his nut on and plays the right system, Duffy will do a great job for us.

Steve20
01-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I really hope Duffy has alot of goals in him, or we will be relying on Deek to hit alot more than 20 goals this season.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2010, 09:49 AM
I was initially raging about the whole Stokes saga, but we may have had no choice but to sell him. Dickoh and Grounds are good signings IMO. We have signed previously, great defenders in Bamba and Jones from Dunfermline and Grimsby? So these guys must be pretty good.

Duffy was a guy I wasnt happy about signing but watched some of his goals from the first time around and he does seem to be quite good, but will wait and see regarding him.

I would have liked to have had another Striker in and a strong midfielder but overall quite happy with whats happened.

It isnt until a transfer window is over that you realise how weak the squad was.

4 players in and 1 out and we still need players IMO, but sometimes it might not be possible to get everyone in one transfer window.

I just hope that Yogi will change his mindset and play a standard 4-4-2 with players in the proper position.

Although we have kept players like Hogg, Rankin and Nish who I think arent good enough for where we want to go, its good for the squad as it does make our bench stronger than it was.

hibee bouncer
01-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I really hope Duffy has alot of goals in him, or we will be relying on Deek to hit alot more than 20 goals this season.

I reckon he will but he'll need to start playing Deeks and Duffy up front and give Galbraith his chance on the wing.

Steve20
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
I reckon he will but he'll need to start playing Deeks and Duffy up front and give Galbraith his chance on the wing.

That won't happen. He will continue to play Nish and it will simply be a case of Duffy into the team for Stokes.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 09:53 AM
I know nothing at all about any of our new signings. (i know that quote is leaving itself open to being amended) :wink: So i cant really comment either way yet.

Ryan69
01-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Like a fellow bouncer stated....think the tasch may be running out of patience with Yogi.
Loans and 1 year signings!

Unfortunately if any of these players turn out good, They will always have supported Celtic and move there!

Geo_1875
01-09-2010, 10:05 AM
I can't wait for the next game. But that's just how I always feel. I hope that the guys brought in are good enough for the positions they were brought in to fill. We could play an all new back 4 and move Bamba into midfield. Deeks and Duffy up front with Galbraith on the wing. I'm getting uite excited now.

Holmesdale Hibs
01-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I’ll reserve judgement until I see how good the new players are.

Unfortunately its inevitable that we lose our best players. My only complaint so far is that I thought we could have got a bit more than £1.2M for Stokes

At The Edge
01-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I must be a happy clapper today :wink: i'm looking forward to seeing the new team members in action, for me they have all made the best move of their career, nothing can be better than pulling on the green and white
Saying that Yogi will have them all playing out of position,:faf:

Liberal Hibby
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I think it's a pretty good transfer window. Hughes has addressed the glaring weakness in the side - the defence with what appears to be some solid signings.

De Graff is already signed to give some more grit and determination to the midfield and overall we look a more balanced team today than we did yesterday.

If the new signings are up to scratch then this transfer window rather reminds me of the sale of Kenny Miller which was used to build the decent McLeish team.

We couldn't have signed the four new players without the sale of Stokes and hopefully if we concede fewer goals and become much harder to beat we won't miss his goals so much.

Gatecrasher
01-09-2010, 11:21 AM
decent window IMO, however we still need another striker :agree:

--------
01-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I think it's a pretty good transfer window. Hughes has addressed the glaring weakness in the side - the defence with what appears to be some solid signings.

De Graff is already signed to give some more grit and determination to the midfield and overall we look a more balanced team today than we did yesterday.

If the new signings are up to scratch then this transfer window rather reminds me of the sale of Kenny Miller which was used to build the decent McLeish team.

We couldn't have signed the four new players without the sale of Stokes and hopefully if we concede fewer goals and become much harder to beat we won't miss his goals so much.

Hart - decent player, but a wee bit worrying that he's injured already.

Stephens - young, but from all I hear and see, a very good prospect for next season already.

De Graaf - from all reports has a bit to do to get up to speed for the SPL.

Dickoh - his CV suggests he should be OK. Obviously, we haven't seen him play yet.

Grounds - as above.

Duffy - as above.

Stokes is a very good striker, I'm sure, but he also has personality problems - drink and gambling his means come to mind - and it may be that in the long run we won't miss him too much. It still hurts losing him, and we need to bring in another striker to replace him. Makes me wonder about the wisdom of releasing Benji right now.

I also want to be assured that there's no real major fall-out between Ian Murray and the manager, as has been reported recently.

Skanko79
01-09-2010, 12:15 PM
im dissapointed.

we really havnt set the heather alight with our signings. as always, albeit not very much but we have raked in a some transfer income. lost our top scorer though, we have replaced him with bristol rovers 4th choice striker daryl duffy. to be honest thats not good enough, id have hope we would have spent a bit money on someone. now that east mains is done, the stadium complete will we see some money spent ON the field in jan or next season. i hope so. Hibs should be aiming a wee bit higher than daryl duffy imo.

fair enough we have beefed up at the back which is what was needed. i hope the lad dickoh goes straight in as he will balance the back 4 out with him being left footed. i'm not entirely sure jonathon grounds is hibs class either. sat on the bench all his boro career but i'll wait till he plays before making any final judgement.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Hart - decent player, but a wee bit worrying that he's injured already.

Stephens - young, but from all I hear and see, a very good prospect for next season already.

De Graaf - from all reports has a bit to do to get up to speed for the SPL.

Dickoh - his CV suggests he should be OK. Obviously, we haven't seen him play yet.

Grounds - as above.

Duffy - as above.

Stokes is a very good striker, I'm sure, but he also has personality problems - drink and gambling his means come to mind - and it may be that in the long run we won't miss him too much. It still hurts losing him, and we need to bring in another striker to replace him. Makes me wonder about the wisdom of releasing Benji right now.

I also want to be assured that there's no real major fall-out between Ian Murray and the manager, as has been reported recently.

Add Deek to your last sentence also :grr:

--------
01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Add Deek to your last sentence also :grr:

Oh yes.

Now what do Derek and Ian have in common?

Let me think.....

:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Cant really see the good in selling our top scorer. Don't know much about the new players except there appears no long term stabilty with them as deals are short. Not really impressed with the business done.

basehibby
01-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Impossible to say till we see the new chaps play. Are Dickoh, Duffy and Grounds better quality or of the same standard as Hogg, Nish and Rankin?

Adding strength and getting players in the positions we need them is a good thing, but I'm far from convinced at the moment that we're not compromising quality and filling up our squad with more bottom-six journeymen.

I don't expect Duffy to be as good as Stokes, but I pray he's better than Nish. I don't expect Dickoh to be as good as Bamba, but I hope he's better than Hogg.

Only time will tell.

:agree: I've given our window a 5/10 with similar reasoning.

Stokes and his goals are obviously a big loss, but weaker areas of the team have clearly been addressed as a result - whether this leads to an improvement in fortunes will largely depend on how they fit in and whether they're any better than what we've got.

I'm quite hopeful that Duffy will be a good signing - he did well when breaking through into senior football with Falkirk, scoring plenty enough at any rate. I don't see how 5 years down the road in England will have done him any harm, so even if he doesn't quite match the scoring exploits of Stokes, I'm hopeful that he'll make a good impact.

truehibernian
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
For me it will only be a good window if Hughes uses these players immediately to replace the current deficiences in the side, namely Hogg, Hanlon (at left back), and Nish. I would also include De Graffe but give his early introduction into SPL life he gets a reprieve. The spine of the Hibs team is what is wrong at present as well as the leadership. If he plays Brown, Bamba, Dickoh, Miller and Riordan/Duffy from back to front and works around them, then the window will hopefully turn out fine. Working in Stephens and Grounds (who hopefully will fill the problem left back clot) will be fine assuming they are up to speed fitness wise. Up front he needs to realise that Riordan, whilst not the most workmanlike midfielder, is a predatory striker who is sometimes one step ahead of a defender when playing the lines. Alongside a pacey, worker type striker like Duffy, it could reap rewards. Most opposition play comes down our left flank because SPL managers immediately see it as the weakness in the side (that and set pieces). With Grounds and maybe Galbraith (Rankin on another day), we may limit the weakness somewhat. On the right, he has to realise DW is in his element attacking from the right (outside right for the oldies), either cutting in, or driving down the line. Zemmama is ideal for that but I always feel he should be given the free role in the midfield/attack. Miller/McBride/De Graffe fight it out for the other places IMHO. Nish is an option from the bench, no more, no less, and a suitable forward if we have injuries. We do need another striker, and for me not a Nish but a real bully. An Antoine-Curier type. Not the most gifted player, maybe lacking finesse, but someone who is in the face of the defenders, a handful, chases every ball and puts a foot in. More importantly a player who stands his ground and stays on his feet. Lastly leadership - armband for me has to go to Bamba or Liam Miller. Bamba due to his ability and arrogance, or Miller due to him being contantly referred to by Hughes as the ultimate professional. I don't give a sook if certain players don't like Sol but they need to appreciate the team is a far more solid and resilient unit with him there. Liam Miller, another first pick, needs some responsibility thrust on him IMHO. Players clearly like him and respect him, as do the fans. For me that is crucial that he unites both. The majority don't rate Hogg as a player or captain - decisions have to be made to bring us all together (sorry if that sounded Hearts-esque)

--------
01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
For me it will only be a good window if Hughes uses these players immediately to replace the current deficiences in the side, namely Hogg, Hanlon (at left back), and Nish. I would also include De Graffe but give his early introduction into SPL life he gets a reprieve. The spine of the Hibs team is what is wrong at present as well as the leadership. If he plays Brown, Bamba, Dickoh, Miller and Riordan/Duffy from back to front and works around them, then the window will hopefully turn out fine. Working in Stephens and Grounds (who hopefully will fill the problem left back clot) will be fine assuming they are up to speed fitness wise. Up front he needs to realise that Riordan, whilst not the most workmanlike midfielder, is a predatory striker who is sometimes one step ahead of a defender when playing the lines. Alongside a pacey, worker type striker like Duffy, it could reap rewards. Most opposition play comes down our left flank because SPL managers immediately see it as the weakness in the side (that and set pieces). With Grounds and maybe Galbraith (Rankin on another day), we may limit the weakness somewhat. On the right, he has to realise DW is in his element attacking from the right (outside right for the oldies), either cutting in, or driving down the line. Zemmama is ideal for that but I always feel he should be given the free role in the midfield/attack. Miller/McBride/De Graffe fight it out for the other places IMHO. Nish is an option from the bench, no more, no less, and a suitable forward if we have injuries. We do need another striker, and for me not a Nish but a real bully. An Antoine-Curier type. Not the most gifted player, maybe lacking finesse, but someone who is in the face of the defenders, a handful, chases every ball and puts a foot in. More importantly a player who stands his ground and stays on his feet. Lastly leadership - armband for me has to go to Bamba or Liam Miller. Bamba due to his ability and arrogance, or Miller due to him being contantly referred to by Hughes as the ultimate professional. I don't give a sook if certain players don't like Sol but they need to appreciate the team is a far more solid and resilient unit with him there. Liam Miller, another first pick, needs some responsibility thrust on him IMHO. Players clearly like him and respect him, as do the fans. For me that is crucial that he unites both. The majority don't rate Hogg as a player or captain - decisions have to be made to bring us all together (sorry if that sounded Hearts-esque)

Nae need to get personal about the laddie! :cool2:

I think there's a whole lot of sense in what you're saying here.

I have no clue which of our three goalkeepers is the best - none of them exactly fill me with joy and wonder - but once Hart's fit again I'd go with a back four of Hart-Dickoh-Bamba-Grounds; a midfield of Wotherspoon-Miller-McBride-Galbraith; and Deek and Duffy up front, unless or until we sign a big strong striker like you're talking about. Then I'd look for him playing up front with Deek.

That leaves us with a reasonably strong bench as well.

truehibernian
01-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Good spot......works either way :greengrin Hanlon for me is not a left back but potentially a very good centre half/sweeper.

--------
01-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Good spot......works either way :greengrin Hanlon for me is not a left back but potentially a very good centre half/sweeper.

I have this strange idea that I should read a post before replying to it - I know, I know, it's not the Hibs.net way, but I like to do it that way. :wink:

I agree about PH. What rather bothers me is that with the amount of turmoil at the club the last wee while, young guys like Paul perhaps aren't being given the chances to develop as they should.

But you're right - he's a centre-back, not a left-back, definitely.

Andy74
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
If the new guys live up to billing the squad overall is stronger. We are one striker at least short though, although if we play 3 up top then the likes of Galbraith, spoony and zouma would be counted as being able to play the wider positions as well.

Alex Trager
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Anyone else slightly looking forward now? Bar loosing stokes if we can-yogi- get another poacher then we sound- cos i've not seen them play- to be looking good,also we've added height albeit to the back but all the same...
So how are you feeling

Hibernian Verse
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Anyone else slightly looking forward now? Bar loosing stokes if we can-yogi- get another poacher then we sound- cos i've not seen them play- to be looking good,also we've added height albeit to the back but all the same...
So how are you feeling

Thank God someone's posted something optimistic!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 08:38 PM
I feel quite optimistic, although it does depend on a few things. Yogi has to now make sure he picks the correct side, that does include dropping Nish and Hogg. He must also play with width and inject what little pace we do have into the side. And hopefully he can get another 1 hopefully 2 forwards to the club, and get Riordan up front.

Alex Trager
01-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Thank God someone's posted something optimistic!

And it's Optimism in answer to your sp?
I suppose its been too long since school....and lazyness-wrong spelling again-

Anyway answer the question

Alex Trager
01-09-2010, 08:44 PM
I feel quite optimistic, although it does depend on a few things. Yogi has to now make sure he picks the correct side, that does include dropping Nish and Hogg. He must also play with width and inject what little pace we do have into the side. And hopefully he can get another 1 hopefully 2 forwards to the club, and get Riordan up front.

So how do we know what is the right side... maybe dropping hogg is a good idea and nish however when you think of it the teams we suggest may just not be able to play together or are just pish so what is the best team we only judge individual performances in a different- what many call a crap- side so how can we judge how they perform in the sides we call for... Equally he can only try different sides which i believe he will..

Alex Trager
01-09-2010, 08:45 PM
And lets hope he finds the best side

Alex Trager
01-09-2010, 08:48 PM
But please will more answer the question

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
So how do we know what is the right side... maybe dropping hogg is a good idea and nish however when you think of it the teams we suggest may just not be able to play together or are just pish so what is the best team we only judge individual performances in a different- what many call a crap- side so how can we judge how they perform in the sides we call for... Equally he can only try different sides which i believe he will..

You are right, we might be worse without Hogg and Nish but you know what, i'm willing to take that chance?

greenlex
01-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I hope Yogi can get them to do what he wants them to do. Whatever it is we have seen little of it so far. I hope the new guys can understand what he is about or we are in trouble.
Fingers crossed.

Alex Trager
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
You are right, we might be worse without Hogg and Nish but you know what, i'm willing to take that chance?
Snap.

Anything that'll make us better