PDA

View Full Version : Gow

Westie1875
30-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Don't shoot the messenger (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3118040/Yogis-going-for-Gow-as-Darryl-rolls-in.html)

monktonharp
30-08-2010, 11:29 PM
right,that's it I'M AFF TAE BED,HOPEFULLY TO WAKE UP OUT OF THIS DREAM OF HAVING FALKIRK RE-UNITED,PLAYING HOME GAMES AT EASTER ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shamo9
30-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, this could get ugly:hide:

HIBERNIAN 1875
30-08-2010, 11:32 PM
"Hughes will now battle it out with St Mirren and Swindon to land Gow - currently without a club after being released by Plymouth."

Inspiring :rolleyes:

churchie16
30-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Another ordinary player brilliant :grr:

RickyS
30-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Another ordinary player brilliant :grr:

could this be linked to the story about "A" grades being to easy to get?

mentalhibee
30-08-2010, 11:54 PM
signing gow is better than nothing, christ he was rated by some decent clubs a couple of years back. i hope we sign him, he stays fit and gets a decent run of games. he might gives us a bit creativity............or he might be pish. Worth the gamble!

Diclonius
31-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Poor show.

johnbc70
31-08-2010, 12:23 AM
signing gow is better than nothing, christ he was rated by some decent clubs a couple of years back. i hope we sign him, he stays fit and gets a decent run of games. he might gives us a bit creativity............or he might be pish. Worth the gamble!

You make a fair point, but I think the thing that is bothering people and me included is that we have seen the debt reduced, we have seen the training centre built, we have seen the stadium completed so now lets see us go for those players that are that extra bit of quality. You know the ones we could not afford a few years back.

While Gow was a decent player from the albeit limited time we saw him last season he was nothing special.

I think the fans are starting to get mighty p***ed off as we heard for years how we needed to reduce debt, get the stadium complete etc. and now we have done this we want to see the investment on the park.

Ryan69
31-08-2010, 01:01 AM
He better not arrive.....please no.

We saw last season that he had nothing to add apart from adding to medical care.

He was here showed nothing,spent half the time injured,I have a feeling that there must be some ex-falkirk player conspiracy going on here......as if not then on exactly what merit are we signing this guy? There is not many people WHO HAVE SEEN HIM IN A HIBS STRIP who will say yes....hes got something to add.

This is getting ridiculous,if the Falkirk team had been any good I could maybe see his logic.....but Hibs are a huge step up from them!

Its beggars belief if this guy signs! Ill be so happy if that transfer window closes and we dont have this proven crock on our injury bill. :bye:

Halifaxhibby
31-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Well, well! battling it out with st mirren and a non entity of an english backwater club! really shows how far we've come lately eh? probably lose out on him as well, funny how every year they can't wait to get as much season ticket money off us all before they sell off the family silverware. Were the laughing stock off Scottish football once again, £800,000 for stokes who had 2 years left on his contract? takeaway the money the kid on green and whites would have to pay us for his wages your looking at around £600,000 i would have let the fat money grabber rot in the reserve league( oops i forgot our forward thinking sfa did away with that as well!) til his contract expired, send out a message to every other player trying to use our beloved club as a stepping stone to a place on the bench with the bigot brothers!. Cheers RP once again you've shown that it's all about the balance sheet. Mind you we'll be the richest first division club next year! Oh i'm beaming with pride!!!!

Callum_62
31-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Might not be a bad signing if comes off.

Can hardly judge him on his time here last year due to injuries.

Geez...it doesnt matter who we sign anyways....with the Riordan rumours and stokes pretty much offski....the people on here will just critise and cristise.

wait till Tuesday 18.00 atleast. shesh.

Also...give the new guys that do come in a bloody chance!

No wonder I hardly ever come on here now....2 weeks ago after well, we were great...now, sack the board, manger, waste of season ticket money blah blah.

mickki40
31-08-2010, 04:46 AM
I simply despair at this backward step Hibs may take....to the 1st division.

Gala Foxes
31-08-2010, 04:49 AM
You make a fair point, but I think the thing that is bothering people and me included is that we have seen the debt reduced, we have seen the training centre built, we have seen the stadium completed so now lets see us go for those players that are that extra bit of quality. You know the ones we could not afford a few years back.

While Gow was a decent player from the albeit limited time we saw him last season he was nothing special.

I think the fans are starting to get mighty p***ed off as we heard for years how we needed to reduce debt, get the stadium complete etc. and now we have done this we want to see the investment on the park.

think it would be naive, even with all our big money sales, to think that they havent taken on some debt to build the East Stand. Plus revenues through hospitality just now will be at an all time low.

Lucius Apuleius
31-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Hmm, whilst hun and celtc fans tell us that signing players from Hibs shows no ambitions as Hibs are not as good as they are, is this not exactly the same? Signing players from a team below us in the league? How many ex hibees play for the huns? Lets at least give the guys a chance before we abuse them.

scoopyboy
31-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Hmm, whilst hun and celtc fans tell us that signing players from Hibs shows no ambitions as Hibs are not as good as they are, is this not exactly the same? Signing players from a team below us in the league? How many ex hibees play for the huns? Lets at least give the guys a chance before we abuse them.

Dinnae be silly, too much logic in that post Gordon.

Much more fun for the posters to rip Hibs to bits no matter what they do.

7Hero
31-08-2010, 06:39 AM
wish everyone on this board would get a grip, the posts resemble the ramblings of schoolchildren.

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-08-2010, 06:44 AM
because Gow needs to prove himself all over again is it such a bad idea to sign him?
he wont cost us anything and because he hasnt done it for a wile with injuries and stuff i would imagine he wont be on a big wage.

IFONLY
31-08-2010, 06:50 AM

Geez...it doesnt matter who we sign anyways....with the Riordan rumours and stokes pretty much offski....the people on here will just critise and cristise.

No wonder I hardly ever come on here now....2 weeks ago after well, we were great...now, sack the board, manger, waste of season ticket money blah blah.

Fraid you will have to wait a bit longer the window closes at midnight in Scotland.

Kaiser1962
31-08-2010, 06:50 AM
You make a fair point but I would ask who you, or what type and wage bracket, of player we should be going for?

ionahibby
31-08-2010, 07:00 AM
So yogi signs a striker(duffy) which is fair enough stokes is away but he wants to sign another forward why :confused: I'd rather he spent time sorting out things like defence :bitchy:

marinello59
31-08-2010, 07:06 AM
So yogi signs a striker(duffy) which is fair enough stokes is away but he wants to sign another forward why :confused: I'd rather he spent time sorting out things like defence :bitchy:

Looks like we do have a defender on the way. We need another forward to provide competition and back up.
I would rather like to see Gow come back. We didn't really see anything on which to judge him last time here. He was very highly rated whilst playing regularly in the SPL before, there is no reason why an injury free Gow couldn't revive that sort of form. Fingers crossed from me that we do get him back.

Hibby Bairn
31-08-2010, 07:24 AM
I like Gow. A 'football player' who appears to need confidence restored. his career shows that he can score goals and create for others.

johnbc70
31-08-2010, 08:38 AM
You make a fair point but I would ask who you, or what type and wage bracket, of player we should be going for?

I do not know what wage structure the club has but I would like to think we can now go for players that perhaps a few years ago were outside our wage structure. If we are competing with St Mirren for players like Gow then that tells me we are still not paying that little bit extra (that I think we should now do as we have completed everything else)

If we can go that little bit extra and attract a higher quality player then that would be the difference between us and the rest of the teams fighting for 3rd place.

.Sean.
31-08-2010, 08:40 AM
A fully fit Gow would be a welcome addition to the squad. How can he be judged on 5 performances when he was injured?

Callum_62
31-08-2010, 08:41 AM
just coz st mirren maybe want the same player as we do....doesnt mean we are competing with them financially....or in otherword, we have the capacity to offer more for Gow...if yogi thinks its worthwhile

Geo_1875
31-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Can't agree that paying "a bit extra" necessarily attracts a better class of player. We could have signed Barr if we were willing to make him our highest paid player. But he was at Falkirk so he can't be up to much.

brog
31-08-2010, 09:16 AM
A few years back Falkirk beat us 3-2 at ER after we were 2 goals up early on through Deek. Gow & Duffy were superb that day, they ripped us apart & both teams could have scored 6. They're both more experienced now & if fit should be better players. If they can produce anything like they did that day I'll look forward to seeing them in the green & white.
Separately, unlike most posters on this forum I'm not a huge fan of RP but I think he's blameless re Stokes, other than possibly securing more money from Celtc. Let's face it, we got a £2mm player for virtually nothing from a Premiership club, he scored a bunch of goals for us in one season & we sell him on for a massive profit. Allowing him to move on was almost certainly part of the deal when we signed him. That's life these days I'm afraid & I don't think anyone realle expected Stokes to be a long term player for Hibs.

Sylar
31-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Could do a lot worse, if he can stay free from injury. Assuming we don't lose anymore before tonight, we could have the makings of a pretty good team, especially if we also manage to land Denneboom:

Brown/Stack/Smith

Hart/Thicot Hogg/Dickoh Bamba/Dickoh Hanlon/?

Zemmama/Wotherspoon McBride/Miller Miller/DeGraaf/Gow

Nish/Denneboom/Gow

Riordan/Duffy/Denneboom/Galbraith/Nish (2)

smurf
31-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Hard to judge him at ER because he wasn't fit. What he needed was a right good pre-season which he's not had?

--------
31-08-2010, 10:29 AM

It occurs to me that we've JUST spent the money to complete the stadium, and we MIGHT need to pause to catch our breath before we start spending big bucks on guys like Messi and Robinho...

The East Stand was opened less than a fortnight ago; we've signed 4 players already this window (De Graaf, Stephens, Hart and Duffy), are apparently on the point of signing a fifth (Dickoh), and are interested in signing at least another (Gow or Denneboom or both). That's more business than most are doing this window.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 10:39 AM
It occurs to me that we've JUST spent the money to complete the stadium, and we MIGHT need to pause to catch our breath before we start spending big bucks on guys like Messi and Robinho...

The East Stand was opened less than a fortnight ago; we've signed 4 players already this window (De Graaf, Stephens, Hart and Duffy), are apparently on the point of signing a fifth (Dickoh), and are interested in signing at least another (Gow or Denneboom or both). That's more business than most are doing this window.

:agree: What you have to understand though is, we lost to St Mirren, and the end of the world is just round the corner.:wink:

--------
31-08-2010, 10:44 AM
:agree: What you have to understand though is, we lost to St Mirren, and the end of the world is just round the corner.:wink:

Is that why Rod Petrie's building that big wooden boat round the back of the gym at East Mains, then? :cool2:

Expecting Rain
31-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I`d like to see Gow back, he wasn`t anywhere near fit last time out, the pitch was like a tattie field and the team were going through a major slump.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Is that why Rod Petrie's building that big wooden boat round the back of the gym at East Mains, then? :cool2:

No its just our new signings mode of transport.

http://www.dutchplayers.nl/player.php?id=280

keep the faith
31-08-2010, 10:51 AM
A few years back Falkirk beat us 3-2 at ER after we were 2 goals up early on through Deek. Gow & Duffy were superb that day, they ripped us apart & both teams could have scored 6. They're both more experienced now & if fit should be better players. If they can produce anything like they did that day I'll look forward to seeing them in the green & white.
Separately, unlike most posters on this forum I'm not a huge fan of RP but I think he's blameless re Stokes, other than possibly securing more money from Celtc. Let's face it, we got a £2mm player for virtually nothing from a Premiership club, he scored a bunch of goals for us in one season & we sell him on for a massive profit. Allowing him to move on was almost certainly part of the deal when we signed him. That's life these days I'm afraid & I don't think anyone realle expected Stokes to be a long term player for Hibs.

:agree: Nice to see an intelligent post without the hysteria of some of the other ridiculous rantings kicking about this site at the moment. To get Stokes for what we paid would have meant some sort of assurances he could move on for a certain price or if he wanted to go. He was a goalcorer all right, but I never got the feeling he wanted to be here. In actual fact I thought his body language and constant moaning at his teammates was counter productive at times, Keeping Deek is far more important to Hibs I think.

As for Gow - I think picking him up on a free is a no brainer. The squad is thin and the guy cant be judged on 5 games when the team were playing badly and had no confidence. On the Jan transfer window deadline day everyone on here was salivating over the chance of getting Gow, now he is useless???

I have a feeling he could be a pretty decent signing if he gets a chance.

Franck Stanton
31-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Totally agree, to the average football supporter, [and not just Hibs fans] lose a few games and it's all doom and gloom, however win a few and it's " we can split the o/f" crap. Really childish at times, but hey - thats football fans for you.

lucky
31-08-2010, 11:06 AM

100% agree. It next season when we should have bit more money but lets give all the new guys a chance. Loads on here have been shouting for more players well we are getting them.. time will tell in the are good/bad or indifferent but we cant judge players by wikipedia.

Andy74
31-08-2010, 11:09 AM
:agree: Nice to see an intelligent post without the hysteria of some of the other ridiculous rantings kicking about this site at the moment. To get Stokes for what we paid would have meant some sort of assurances he could move on for a certain price or if he wanted to go. He was a goalcorer all right, but I never got the feeling he wanted to be here. In actual fact I thought his body language and constant moaning at his teammates was counter productive at times, Keeping Deek is far more important to Hibs I think.

As for Gow - I think picking him up on a free is a no brainer. The squad is thin and the guy cant be judged on 5 games when the team were playing badly and had no confidence. On the Jan transfer window deadline day everyone on here was salivating over the chance of getting Gow, now he is useless???

I have a feeling he could be a pretty decent signing if he gets a chance.

Agree, I'd be very happy to have Gow in the squad. Just look at our bench at the weekend.

--------
31-08-2010, 11:12 AM
100% agree. It next season when we should have bit more money but lets give all the new guys a chance. Loads on here have been shouting for more players well we are getting them.. time will tell in the are good/bad or indifferent but we can't judge players by wikipedia.

Especially when you think of some of the stuff we've posted in the past about Nade.... :devil:

hibby67
31-08-2010, 11:13 AM
my concern about Gow and Duffy is that Yogi still see them as they were at Falkirk.
now by all accounts and what i can remember they were decent players. but a few years have past since then and they have not exactly set the footballing world on fire.

i am not having a go if signed i hope they both do well and prove they are good players but i fear for Yogi if it does not work out.

Betty Boop
31-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Gow has passed a medical a Swindon.

matty_f
31-08-2010, 11:51 AM
my concern about Gow and Duffy is that Yogi still see them as they were at Falkirk.
now by all accounts and what i can remember they were decent players. but a few years have past since then and they have not exactly set the footballing world on fire.

i am not having a go if signed i hope they both do well and prove they are good players but i fear for Yogi if it does not work out.

How do you know that? You don't think he's kept tabs on them since they left?

Sylar
31-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Gow has passed a medical a Swindon.

Tartar, brown, barbeque, tomato...

You get the idea.

keep the faith
31-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Tartar, brown, barbeque, tomato...

You get the idea.

The Swindon local paper has reported it.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/8362054.TRANSFER_DEADLINE_DAY_NEWS__Gow_passes_med ical/

The_Todd
31-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Because we're as light up front as we are in defence.

Dombie
31-08-2010, 12:36 PM
SNN saying gow has agreed to join Swindon.

grunt
31-08-2010, 03:00 PM
STV reporting Swindon move collapsed: "Alan Gow's move to Swindon Town has collapsed over personal terms. That will alert Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all over again. Gow had passed a medical and agreed terms but then asked for a "considerable increase" in his wages at the last minute."

RickyS
31-08-2010, 03:02 PM
STV reporting Swindon move collapsed: Alan Gow's move to Swindon Town has collapsed over personal terms. That will alert Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all over again.

Gow had passed a medical and agreed terms but then asked for a "considerable increase" in his wages at the last minute.

so the Tache has been on and offered terms verbally?

smurf
31-08-2010, 03:11 PM
As a free agent though he doesn't need to join anyone today. No?:confused:

marinello59
31-08-2010, 03:13 PM
As a free agent though he doesn't need to join anyone today. No?:confused:
:agree:

Kaiser_Sauzee
31-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I have no doubt we should be trying to sign Gow.

DH1875
31-08-2010, 03:48 PM
so the Tache has been on and offered terms verbally?

Sounds like it dont it.

RickyS
31-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Sounds like it dont it.

I would be happy with him signin, I think we can get more out of him than he showed before.

Swindon Exile
31-08-2010, 04:13 PM
He was about to sign for Swindon, but then demanded an increase in his wages!

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8362834.TRANSFER_DEADLINE_DAY_NEWS__Gow_s_Town_dea l_off/

HenryMonk
31-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Hopefully he stays on dole the mgreedy bassa

Devonhibs
31-08-2010, 04:55 PM
HNB - get much sleep over the past two nights!

stokesmessiah
31-08-2010, 08:16 PM
http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=211583

He is going to end up here.

500miles
31-08-2010, 08:30 PM
When fit, I still think he's a good player. We'll need to get him fit though. What is promising, is that he and Duffy had a good understanding at Falkirk, Duffy using pace to get in behind, and Gow using a bit of clever football to unlock the defence. I'm not sure what we'll see this season.

.................Brown
.Hart..Hogg...........Dickoh..Grounds
................Bamba
...W'Spoon..Miller....Gow
.........Riordan...Duffy

Bamba in the middle would make us a lot harder to break down, and allow Hogg and Dickoh - the latter apparently lacking pace, to play deeper, which also suited Hogg when he played next to Jones.

Time will tell.

new malkyhib
31-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Here's 7 off the top of my head:

Gomis, Bauben, Griffiths, Davidson of St J, Foster, Rooney of ICT, Gardyne of Ross County (and none of them have played for Falkirk in the past either.)..mind you they would cost a fee.

We only take fees in, we don't pay them out, and this with the 2nd dearest seaon in the league, and 1.3m IN in transfer fees this season already

The stubborn refusal to spend any meaningful money on players, is now to my mind inexcusable - unless there's another "capital project" around the corner?

Andy74
31-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Malky. See when you nearly get your credit card bill paid off do you start the spending again seeing as you are getting there and you might as well?

500miles
31-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Here's 7 off the top of my head:

Gomis, Bauben, Griffiths, Davidson of St J, Foster, Rooney of ICT, Gardyne of Ross County (and none of them have played for Falkirk in the past either.)..mind you they would cost a fee.

We only take fees in, we don't pay them out, and this with the 2nd dearest seaon in the league, and 1.3m IN in transfer fees this season already

The stubborn refusal to spend any meaningful money on players, is now to my mind inexcusable - unless there's another "capital project" around the corner?

Or unless we aren't splashing on transfer fees, so that we can spend money on signing on fees? Higher wages? Not occur to you, no?

Celtic paid £1.3 million for ONE player. We needed several, and therefore we are using that sort of money for wages and transfer fees ie. we need to spread it out.

IWasThere2016
31-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Its no a credit card though - its a mortgage eg it should be long term as it is bricks and mortar.

new malkyhib
31-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Malky. See when you nearly get your credit card bill paid off do you start the spending again seeing as you are getting there and you might as well?

:confused:A rather bizarre analogy, Andy but here goes anyway - only if the economic conditions are right and i'm assured of incremental sustainable growth then I go daft and clear it - although sometimes when i've worked overtime or had a bonus and i'm flush (much like receiving a massive transfer fee) then i'll not bother using my credit card and i'll splash the cash instead.

...and being a Hibby I like to indulge in decent gear (some would say flash), and tend to favour quality over quantity...

new malkyhib
31-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Or unless we aren't splashing on transfer fees, so that we can spend money on signing on fees? Higher wages? Not occur to you, no?

Celtic paid £1.3 million for ONE player. We needed several, and therefore we are using that sort of money for wages and transfer fees ie. we need to spread it out.

First of all, loan players will not demand any signing-on fee.

And we don't need to spend money on acquiring chaff - the point i'm making is that we seem to pursuing an almost Duffy-esque policy of signing countless journeymen players (who I doubt will be on any higher wages than the established players currently at Easter Road) to add to the already ordinary ones that we have - instead of buying 2 decent quality players that might actually excite the fans ON the pitch for once...

MyJo
31-08-2010, 09:04 PM

And we don't need to spend money on acquiring chaff - the point i'm making is that we seem to pursuing an almost Duffy-esque policy of signing countless journeymen players (who I doubt will be on any higher wages than the established players currently at Easter Road) to add to the already ordinary ones that we have - instead of buying 2 decent quality players that might actually excite the fans ON the pitch for once...

:faf: aye, and their agents wont have a fee to be paid either and the players will accept £2k a week from us rather than £5k a week from championship/league 1 for the prestige of playing in the SPL and the honour of representing Hibs.

what a crock

Andy74
31-08-2010, 09:07 PM
When did Jim Duffy sign players from the Dutch premier league or the EPL?

500miles
31-08-2010, 09:10 PM

How do you know these players aren't decent quality. We've signed a Ghanian internationalist, a promising youngster with a bit of Premiership experience, a pacy forward - pace being something we lack, and rumour is we're looking at bringing in a midfielder who can make the difference in the last third of the park - which we clearly need.

Duffy has a decent scoring record during his brief time with Falkirk.
Dickoh has international experience, and played in two top tier leagues in Europe.
Gow showed himself to be a talented player at Falkirk AND Rangers, but suffered injury setbacks at the latter club, and during his first spell here.
Grounds is a youngster who has played at a decent level, with a point to prove, and a chance to impress. If he does not, our own youths return from thier loan spells when he leaves.

Add that to former Eredivisie club captain, and Netherlands B internationalist, and a full back highly rated by Aberdeen fans during his time in the SPL, when Aberdeen got into Europe.

What sort of calibre were you expecting?
And how loan deals work are particular to each deal, so unless you have some insider information.......

new malkyhib
31-08-2010, 09:10 PM
:faf: aye, and their agents wont have a fee to be paid either and the players will accept £2k a week from us rather than £5k a week from championship/league 1 for the prestige of playing in the SPL and the honour of representing Hibs.

what a crock

They'll not have a signing-on fee - because they're not "signing" or re-signing for anybody as they're still registered at their own club - they're going out on LOAN - geddit?

And who else in League One/ the Championship was chasing Duffy? This is his fourth LOAN spell in the last 2 seasons...

500miles
31-08-2010, 09:14 PM
They'll not have a signing-on fee - because they're not "signing" or re-signing for anybody as they're still registered at their own club - they're going out on LOAN - geddit?

And who else in League One/ the Championship was chasing Duffy? This is his fourth LOAN spell in the last 2 seasons...

Looks like there's been recent interest from a few other teams over the last couple of years then, eh?

And I think you'll find fees and wage arrangements are subject to the particularities of each individual loan deal - Henrik Larsson was well rewarded for going out on loan to Man U, as were his club.

new malkyhib
31-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Looks like there's been recent interest from a few other teams over the last couple of years then, eh?

And I think you'll find fees and wage arrangements are subject to the particularities of each individual loan deal - Henrik Larsson was well rewarded for going out on loan to Man U, as were his club.

Larsson and Man Utd mentioned on a Hibs thread - you're setting your sights way too high son - Uncles Rodney and Scott Lindsay will not allow for that - us Hibbies are not allowed to dream, it's against the rules in dull old Chartered Accountancy land.

euro Hibby
31-08-2010, 09:33 PM
difference is our loanies need game time and experience so wouldthink that there is no fee going to the club. Hibs will just pick up the wages and give supply the education. BUt you are right - all deals will be subject to circumstances.

500miles
31-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Larsson and Man Utd mentioned on a Hibs thread - you're setting your sights way too high son - Uncles Rodney and Scott Lindsay will not allow for that - us Hibbies are not allowed to dream, it's against the rules in dull old Chartered Accountancy land.

Just a high profile case, relevant to the situation though, so don't try and use the difference in scale as a means of deflecting the point.

Zitelli
31-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Rumours that Gow has signed for Aberdeen. Doesn't really make sense with them signing Velicka tonight as well :confused:

RickyS
31-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Rumours that Gow has signed for Aberdeen. Doesn't really make sense with them signing Velicka tonight as well :confused:

I thought they had Zilch left in the kitty. christ they moved two youngsters to Peterhead on loan cos Hartley had taken them over budget!