PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket renewals - would you still buy one?

woody47
30-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Just wondering if people who bought season tickets this year would still have bought them with all that's been going on these last few days. Between the crap football, bad managership on the park, loss of players, what appears to be no real ambition etc I for one am fed up paying hundreds of pounds up front for the dross we have been watching for the past eight months.
I actually wished I hadn't bothered with the ST for me and my lad this year and then just picked what games we would go and see. It also doesn't help that my son plays football on Sundays and I will ALWAYS pick watching him over Hibs. At least they all try in his team!

lucky
30-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I would still buy but it is more than just watching Hibs. I meet up with my mates ans have a couple pints before the game a bit of banter and watch us win, lose or draw. The game is important but its more than football its a social occasion. I really dislike sunday games as well, usually suffering after a night out on the saturday. But the fact Hibs have been average to poor the whole 30 years I have been watching them means I travel in hope rather than expectation. But it is habit forming.

flash
31-08-2010, 06:48 AM
I would have saved my cash and spent my saturdays on here raging like a maniac about the team i had deserted.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Yes. If one has spent many years suffering from an illness its ill-advised to stop taking the medication. Hibs may be the problem, but they're also the solution. GGTTH.

Geo_1875
31-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes

Hibs Class
31-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Yes

down-the-slope
31-08-2010, 07:04 AM
yes......

why not bought one when we were no where near Euro places...its what being a supporter is about.

players / managers / owners have come and gone....its the supporters that are the club :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Yes, its not often my team get 4th and into europe, and hopefully we will have another one next season. In fact i'm just about to leave now and buy another one just for the hell of it.

ionahibby
31-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Always , i admit i might moan about hibs sometimes but will be at easter road every week good or bad times!

PeeKay
31-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Yes, and all things being equal I will get one next year. With the ground development completed and the training facility in place then there should be a bit of money to spend on players for season 2011-12. It's the year after, that will be the crunch for me.

banarc7062
31-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Was seriously considering it but in view of team performances; managerial tactical problems and the blasts of abuse fired at Hibs in general on thias board I have decided to hold off meantime.

Antifa Hibs
31-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I didn't buy one this season for the 1st time in well over 15 years. I'll still go everyweek and know I will pay longer in the long run, but it was just my own personal wee protest. I couldn't justify stumping up £405 and justify an increase of £30+ from last season after the pish we've had to endure since christmas.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 08:28 AM
I didn't buy one this season for the 1st time in well over 15 years. I'll still go everyweek and know I will pay longer in the long run, but it was just my own personal wee protest. I couldn't justify stumping up £405 and justify an increase of £30+ from last season after the pish we've had to endure since christmas.

:confused:

Antifa Hibs
31-08-2010, 08:30 AM
:confused:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290~2009,00.html

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 08:35 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290~2009,00.html

Yes, still confused. Our bad run started at xmas only if you ignore the 5 wins 2 draws and 1 defeat from xmas to the 14th of February.

Antifa Hibs
31-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Yes, still confused. Our bad run started at xmas only if you ignore the 5 wins 2 draws and 1 defeat from xmas to the 14th of February.

2 defeats.

But ok, the pish we've had to endure since since Feb 14th. Happy?

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 08:41 AM
2 defeats.

But ok, the pish we've had to endure since since Feb 14th. Happy?

Well if you want to make things up as you go along, i could add six weeks on to that and say the bad run started in april. See its easy eh?

Antifa Hibs
31-08-2010, 08:44 AM
well if you want to make things up as you go along, i could add six weeks on to that and say the bad run started in april. See its easy eh?

:yawn:

Hibbyradge
31-08-2010, 08:45 AM
In hindsight, I may have bought 2.

Oh number 1, is Darryl Duffy, number 2, is Darryl Duffy. And number 3 is Darryl Duffy..."

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 09:26 AM
:yawn:

Yawn all you like the run was bad, there is no need to exaggerate how bad it was? If i said the bad run started in April, would i be right?:confused:

paxtonhibby
31-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Yes,I would.Dont want to sound uberfannish but things would have to get really bad not to.Its what I do.Had the ticket about 20 years and firmly believe success is not far away.(Say that every season though).Hibee till I die.

patlowe
31-08-2010, 09:50 AM
I would, but that doesn't mean I have any semblance of enthusiasm for the season ahead, I'm just in the habit of getting one.

James70
31-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Haven't bought one and at this moment in time to use the old cliche I have no regrets about it.

El Gubbz
31-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I would because I am a hibs fan.

Joe's ice cream
31-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes- I'm a Hibs fan!!

Sammy7nil
31-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I think unless the "deal" for season tickets is vastly improved next season.
There will be around 2500 adults and 1500 kids/concessions sold.

No one other than a dyed in the wool 30 year sufferer will commit to a ST when you can pick and choose your games very safe in the knowledge tickets will be very easy to get.

The new stand could be a curse for Mr Petrie and Hibs

.Whitey.
31-08-2010, 12:37 PM
definitely! i couldnt cope with th weekends with out the hibs - hibs till i die GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
31-08-2010, 01:57 PM
No need to buy a ST when you are guaranteed a ticket for every game.(if youre on the database).
Pick and choose games now, saving cash in the process.

paxtonhibby
31-08-2010, 02:06 PM
No need to buy a ST when you are guaranteed a ticket for every game.(if youre on the database).
Every need if you like the same seat every game.Also if your out of town and cant get prior its £1.50 per ticket.FK that.

marinello59
31-08-2010, 02:45 PM

You don't save cash if you want to go to every game. Throw in the deals for families and it's well worth it. Plus the intangibles like having the same seat every game and enjoying the banter with the guys around you that you get used to seeing every week.
(Oh and the club benefits from having more season ticket holders.)

RIP
31-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Just wondering if people who bought season tickets this year would still have bought them with all that's been going on these last few days. Between the crap football, bad managership on the park, loss of players, what appears to be no real ambition etc I for one am fed up paying hundreds of pounds up front for the dross we have been watching for the past eight months.
I actually wished I hadn't bothered with the ST for me and my lad this year and then just picked what games we would go and see. It also doesn't help that my son plays football on Sundays and I will ALWAYS pick watching him over Hibs. At least they all try in his team!

Gordon
We don't support Hibs because of players, results or league positions

We support Hibs in spite of them - don't we

Fair do's about Sunday games tho

Stokes has been both a blessing and a curse. Terrible off field discipline, unpopular with players, him and Deek were no more a partnership than Hitler and Mother Theresa

He moves on, Hibs move on, we supporters move on

It's the Hibs way

I love my ST in the New East and so will you

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2010, 10:17 PM

I can't say I'm full of enthusiasm at the moment, in fact I'm fed up of the new season already, but what were you expecting?? The crap football, bad managership etc was already in place long before ST renewals, and nothing that has happened since has been out of the ordinary.

jbwhibs70
31-08-2010, 10:25 PM
will always have a season ticket for hibs only ill health would stop me going. only regret in 47 years following hibs was the ****bos two scottish cup wins. comfort myself in the fact they have still to pay the price for this.:bye:

Woody1985
31-08-2010, 10:26 PM
I think unless the "deal" for season tickets is vastly improved next season.
There will be around 2500 adults and 1500 kids/concessions sold.

No one other than a dyed in the wool 30 year sufferer will commit to a ST when you can pick and choose your games very safe in the knowledge tickets will be very easy to get.

The new stand could be a curse for Mr Petrie and Hibs

When was the last time we had no empty seats in the ground other than reduced capacity. I've never had a problem phoning up the day before a game and getting a ticket. The last time I had any bother was a derby game and they had to see if someone was going to turn up for tickets and they sold them to me later in the afternoon. Although the *******s did try to refuse to sell me them when I said they were to be concessions when they phoned back. She said 'Oh, I though you wanted adult tickets, I'll need to check if I can sell you concessions.' I almost lost the plot. That's taking the piss.

CraigHibee
31-08-2010, 10:42 PM
without a doubt... yes!

not got the funds to buy a season ticket but will get to as many games as i possibly can.

we may have lost stokes and a few others over the last couple of seasons but that wont change the fact im a hibee, through and through!

GGTTH