PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any afinity with the present Hibs team?

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Thankfully I wasn`t at Paisley but suffering on TV I was struck by the way the loyal travelling support sat in silence for 90 mins yesterday.
I look around me at games now and see thousands of people just like me. Proud of their club and its history. Sure we don`t win much and we famously fall flat on our face when least expected to but we all love this club.
Hibs supporters are a tremendously loyal bunch. Most have been raised from an early age to follow Hibs and the club is a major part of their life. We are used to disappointment and of course we moan at times and say we are not going back but we take it on the chin and always bounce back for more in the constant hope that the good times are just around the corner.
The brief Mowbray spell gave us hope and although there were some poor results that was a great time to be a supporter. Not since these days have we had any rapport between the management ,players , and supporters.
There was a feeling then that we were all in it together. We appreciated that the board were trying to balance the books and funds were not available to splash out on players as other were doing but we had a young exciting team that the fans backed even when things didn`t always go to plan. We were proud of our team. Most had come through the ranks and although we all knew we would lose them eventually we backed them to the hilt.
But now, nothing. The atmosphere is dreadful and there is an air of resignation about the place. When we see the likes of yesterday when players appear to have little appetite for the game it is no wonder the supporters are losing patience.

hibee_nation
30-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Thankfully I wasn`t at Paisley but suffering on TV I was struck by the way the loyal travelling support sat in silence for 90 mins yesterday.
I look around me at games now and see thousands of people just like me. Proud of their club and its history. Sure we don`t win much and we famously fall flat on our face when least expected to but we all love this club.
Hibs supporters are a tremendously loyal bunch. Most have been raised from an early age to follow Hibs and the club is a major part of their life. We are used to disappointment and of course we moan at times and say we are not going back but we take it on the chin and always bounce back for more in the constant hope that the good times are just around the corner.
The brief Mowbray spell gave us hope and although there were some poor results that was a great time to be a supporter. Not since these days have we had any rapport between the management ,players , and supporters.
There was a feeling then that we were all in it together. We appreciated that the board were trying to balance the books and funds were not available to splash out on players as other were doing but we had a young exciting team that the fans backed even when things didn`t always go to plan. We were proud of our team. Most had come through the ranks and although we all knew we would lose them eventually we backed them to the hilt.
But now, nothing. The atmosphere is dreadful and there is an air of resignation about the place. When we see the likes of yesterday when players appear to have little appetite for the game it is no wonder the supporters are losing patience.

The club should have backed JC to the hilt and telt the players to bolt, been a downward spiral ever since.

Ed De Gramo
30-08-2010, 09:54 PM

It was those jobsworths stewards telling everybody to sit down.....can't get an atmosphere going if your sitting down...:boo hoo:

Different story when the OF visit Paisley apparently though :grr::grr::grr:

hibee_nation
30-08-2010, 09:58 PM
It was those jobsworths stewards telling everybody to sit down.....can't get an atmosphere going if your sitting down...:boo hoo:

Different story when the OF visit Paisley apparently though :grr::grr::grr:

You know why that is don't you. They look the steward in the eye and tell him to get tae f@#k when they ask them to sit down, works everytime. :take that

DH1875
30-08-2010, 10:03 PM

For the first time in a long time I actually thought to myself what's the point. I have never been so bored at a game in all my life. The atmosphere was worse than pre-season. In general I only get to around 20 games a season and I'm not penciled in again till we play celtic away. Think it's about 4 weeks so hope that every thing at the club picks up and the players and manager get a kick up the ***.

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I was going to post something along the lines of "why do we support Hibs" but a lot of it is covered in the OP so I'll add my tuppence worth here.

I don't personally feel much affinity with players pulling on a Hibs strip at present. Even players like Deek and Murray who are Hibees left at the chance of a quick buck. My affinity is with my mates and family who I go to the games with. We are Hibernian FC, along with all the other long suffering Hibs fans. The stadium, players, board etc could disappear tomorrow and Hibs fans would start the club again from scratch. Ultimately THAT is what Hibs are all about. The shared history and stories of the fans.

Do the good times on the pitch make up for the bad times on the pitch? I'm not sure but the banter in the pub, at the game, in the workplace tip the balance making it worthwhile for me.

I remember saying to my ST holding mates that we should enjoy Mowbray's team as it wasn't going to last. It ended up in a similar fashion to the Tornadoes with the team broken up too soon, which was inevitable, and similarly I was left with a feeling that we should have achieved more than the League Cup Collins won us with the remnants of the squad.

Yes I want a successful Hibs, yes it hurts when we lose, yes it hurts when another star player goes to warm the bench of the OF but I'll always be a Hibby.

Davy Mac
30-08-2010, 10:15 PM

Yup, and no Hibs background too.

But alas, even our Managers go to Sellick........:rolleyes:

Perspective
30-08-2010, 10:23 PM
No, there are not many players in the team I like.

I 'like' Hanlon and Wotherspoon, because they seem like good guys and have a lot of talent between them.

I like the likes of Hogg, Rankin, Murray and McBride because even though I don't think they're naturally talented footballers they don't hide when the going gets tough. It takes a certain amount of bravery on the football park to make yourself available for a pass time and time again when things aren't going well. My criticism of Liam Miller is, despite being a wonderfully talented player, I think he disappears when the tide turns against us.

Find it hard to identify with the ones who are gifted but choose to fritter it away, though Riordan has won me round to a large extent in the last while.

Hainan Hibs
31-08-2010, 05:06 AM
No, not at all. Once we had Sauzee losing teeth to beat the yams and taking a chunk out of the dugout with his boot in anger against AEK, now I have to watch Chris Hogg walk on to the pitch looking defeated and getting pushed about like a wee lassie.

Once we had Matty Jack calling the shots in the middle of the park, now we have Liam Miller who has mastered Brian Kerr's disappearing act when the going get's tough.

It's the air of "we don't give a ****" that the team reeks of.The ease of defeat, the softness of the team, the inability to pass, the inability to take corners have all left me asking what is the point?

flash
31-08-2010, 07:10 AM
strange i thought mowbray ran out on us along with most of the team.
nothing ever changes really.