PDA

View Full Version : Feels Like April Already

Dashing Bob S
30-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Had decent hopes for this season but it feels so LONG and DULL and utterly DISAPPOINTING already.

I'm bored, tired and exasperated by on and off-the park events. That was so awful on Sunday on just about every level.

So my question is: is there hope of an upturn or are we just going to be dull, boring, pish and at the wrong end of the table again?

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I think you answered that question in your last line.

Greenblood70
30-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Had decent hopes for this season but it feels so LONG and DULL and utterly DISAPPOINTING already.

I'm bored, tired and exasperated by on and off-the park events. That was so awful on Sunday on just about every level.

So my question is: is there hope of an upturn or are we just going to be dull, boring, pish and at the wrong end of the table again?

I'm never too sure if my apathy at the moment is due to the points you mention above or the general state of Scottish football just now.

I don't hold out much hope of a decent season if Yogi stays in charge, I reckon a top 6 place is just about achievable although unlikely on the form of the last 6 months or so.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm never too sure if my apathy at the moment is due to the points you mention above or the general state of Scottish football just now.

Made the same point on the "Scottish football whats the point" thread yesterday. It really is becoming a chore and its not even Sept yet! :boo hoo:

RickyS
30-08-2010, 02:50 PM

I don't hold out much hope of a decent season if Yogi stays in charge, I reckon a top 6 place is just about achievable although unlikely on the form of the last 6 months or so.

bottom six is a stick on if Bamba goes as well. the thing that sticks in ma throat is that a "good" manager and a few quid would surely see a sustained assault on 2nd, instead we sell our top scorer for sweeties and head back towards the bottom six.

SvenNeil
30-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Celtic and huns are top of the league already after only 3 games and are likely to stay there. Gez, the SPL is so predictable :yawn:

As for yesterday's performance, I am reminded of Churchill:

Never in a field over in Paisley
Have so many
Played so badly
In front of so few

frazeHFC
30-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I was looking forward to the season starting......now i want it to end :yawn:

Chuckie
30-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Couple of wins and we'll be world beaters again.

Come on Bobby !!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2010, 07:09 PM
I very much doubt it, there appears to be a growing disillusionment in the ranks if the last month is anything to go by.

Andy74
30-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I think we played well for most of the first two games and displays like Sundays are hardly unusual for even the best recent hibs teams.

BEEJ
30-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I think we played well for most of the first two games and displays like Sundays are hardly unusual for even the best recent hibs teams.
I admire folks capacity to sever completely the end of last season from the beginning of this one.

Wish I had that gift! :coolhib:

Craig_in_Prague
30-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Sadly, feel the same!

I also would bet on 4 derby defeats this season.

Our manager is clueless and I can't even stand listening to him whatsoever.

The league is so so so bad it's frightening, so we should still "make the top 6" and be ever so pleased with that.

:yawn:

Captain Trips
30-08-2010, 07:35 PM
April indeed, the 1st.

BEEJ
30-08-2010, 08:09 PM
If you thought the team was bad then cheer up, it's changing.

Mon the Hibs.
But the manager probably isn't. And that's what's holding us back.

GGTTH

essexhibee
30-08-2010, 08:28 PM

Weird. I feel exactly the same way.

basehibby
30-08-2010, 09:39 PM

A lot depends on the next 24 hrs or so IMO. Yogi has surprised us in the past by pulling a rabbit or two out of the hat on the transfer front. If he can do that again using the extra money afforded by the departure of Stokes then things should take a turn for the better.
No injection of quality to offset Stokes' departure will see us struggle to equal last season's 4th place - or even make the top six for that matter!