PDA

View Full Version : Yogi says Stokes has his heart set on a move to the dark side

RickyS
30-08-2010, 10:01 AM
here

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-says-Stokes-has.6502002.jp

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2010, 10:04 AM
here

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-says-Stokes-has.6502002.jp

So much for it being news to Stokes and Yogi on Friday.........:grr:

As for knowing Stokes wanted to leave, he should never have been picked yesterday, even if Yogi was looking for a glittering send off.............:grr::grr:

Toaods
30-08-2010, 10:08 AM
yet another one of the players we wee led to believe thought Yogi was a great guy who is off in the opposite direction when the chance comes along.

This great character isn't really as popular as he seems to think.

Betty Boop
30-08-2010, 10:09 AM
"But I felt if the deal was going to go through then he might have gone with a bang." :faf:

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2010, 10:13 AM
"But I felt if the deal was going to go through then he might have gone with a bang." :faf:

More like gone with a damp squib...........

Sergio sledge
30-08-2010, 10:14 AM
yet another one of the players we wee led to believe thought Yogi was a great guy who is off in the opposite direction when the chance comes along.

This great character isn't really as popular as he seems to think.

What? So the reason Stokes is leaving is because he thinks Yogi is a tube?

Nothing to do with 3-4 times the wages on offer at Celtic then?

Nice to see that peoples dislike of Yogi is now getting in the way of them seeing the football world for what it is about, (to the players and managers) cold hard cash.

bingo70
30-08-2010, 10:14 AM

I can understand the logic, similiar to playing players against there former clubs even if they're not in good form, suppose Yogi just thought there was goals in stokes yesterday.

Obviously it didn't work out but I think most on here would have picked Stokes yesterday, especially as we don't have too many other options up front just now.

PC Stamp
30-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I can understand the logic, similiar to playing players against there former clubs even if they're not in good form, suppose Yogi just thought there was goals in stokes yesterday.

Obviously it didn't work out but I think most on here would have picked Stokes yesterday, especially as we don't have too many other options up front just now.

:agree: Let's be honest here. If Hughes hadn't played Stokes yesterday and we'd still lost 1-0 everyone would have been up in arms about leaving a potential match winner out even when he was still available!

bingo70
30-08-2010, 10:26 AM
:agree: Let's be honest here. If Hughes hadn't played Stokes yesterday and we'd still lost 1-0 everyone would have been up in arms about leaving a potential match winner out even when he was still available!

:agree:

Still, it's much easier just to laugh and put a daft smilie about everything he says now though.

Toaods
30-08-2010, 10:26 AM
What? So the reason Stokes is leaving is because he thinks Yogi is a tube?

Nothing to do with 3-4 times the wages on offer at Celtic then?

Nice to see that peoples dislike of Yogi is now getting in the way of them seeing the football world for what it is about, (to the players and managers) cold hard cash.

line one is you words, not mine. I stated he was away the first chance that has come along, which ties in with many others who have bene involved with him.

Only two weeks ago I read direct quotes from Stokes he was happy with his lot at ER, rescued from the mire at Sunderland, etc only for Hughes to state today that he has never shown commitment to want to stay at the club.

We've also been told there's no known interest, only to be told 3 days later there was.

Bare faced lying and not even good at it.

euro Hibby
30-08-2010, 10:40 AM
football clubs will never tell it as it is. For me if he was so bad yesterday he can go ! If he did not feel like playing then he should have told Yogi before the game. Playing and not doing a shift is dishonest.

Lets face it the situation is not new.We have seen it time and time again. Pity as posted, Hibs have their act togther as a business but are a long way short of having the complete product.

As for Yogi, I think it's been a while since we sussed that the team were limited in ability and what was being asked of them was only possible one game every so often. Hopefully this does not mean we will return to hoofball ?

Long hard season ahead.............lets hope that we have some good options......

Gettin' Auld
30-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Never likely to happen as Stokes would be more interested in making sure he didn't get injured, rather than trying to make sure that Hibs picked up three points.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 10:49 AM
line one is you words, not mine. I stated he was away the first chance that has come along, which ties in with many others who have bene involved with him.

Only two weeks ago I read direct quotes from Stokes he was happy with his lot at ER, rescued from the mire at Sunderland, etc only for Hughes to state today that he has never shown commitment to want to stay at the club.

We've also been told there's no known interest, only to be told 3 days later there was.

Bare faced lying and not even good at it.

Come on Toads, surely you are not shocked to hear managers and players are telling porkies? They all feed us sheite, its only a question of how much we eat.

rubber mal
30-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Agreed, but surely after an hour it was apparent that he wasn't bothering his arse and he should've been replaced.

Toaods
30-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Agreed, but surely after an hour it was apparent that he wasn't bothering his arse and he should've been replaced.

I thought earlier than that, however how long did it Yogi to realise this AU Revior barrage of goals wasn't going to happen?

J-C
30-08-2010, 01:35 PM
This is the reason he should've been nowhere near St Mirren yesterday, his body language told you his mind was elsewhere.