PDA

View Full Version : Now we know why Yogi doesn't play Thicot.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. I couldn't bring myself to look at the forum after yesterday's defeat, knowing the mayhem that would be the main board.

Thicot has the tactical sense of a pea. Until his generous defending, Hibs were controlling the game and looked most likely to score.

He cost us the game.

Thicot and Hogg at centre back? Please no.

GlesgaeHibby
30-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. I couldn't bring myself to look at the forum after yesterday's defeat, knowing the mayhem that would be the main board.

Thicot has the tactical sense of a pea. Until his generous defending, Hibs were controlling the game and looked most likely to score.

He cost us the game.

Thicot and Hogg at centre back? Please no.

:agree:

Thicot was absolutely woeful yesterday. His distribution was shocking, his positioning was shocking. There was one point where he chose not to head clear a deep balll into the box, with Dargo right next to him :bitchy:

Hogg on the other hand had a decent game yesterday for a change.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2010, 07:14 AM
At times Spoony was deeper that Thicot having to do his work for him. He isn't a right back in a million years. An awful display.

hibsbollah
30-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Why play him out of position though? Everytime hes played in the middle he looks a good player.

Its the Hibs way though, play your defenders out of position at every opportunity:thumbsup:

sixtwo
30-08-2010, 07:48 AM
i predicted on the 'team for sunday' thread that if he played with thicot and hogg at the back we'd probably get beat. regretfully i was proved right. If i (and many other hibees) can see that these players are slow, tactically inept and low in confidence why can yogi not????

With the players we have at our disposal, we do not have to tolerate crap players like hogg and thicot. What does stephens need to do to break into that defence. Any time i have seen him he looked good. would love to see him buid a defensive partnership with bamba.

Why not recall mccann and let caley have thicot???

matty_f
30-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Why play him out of position though? Everytime hes played in the middle he looks a good player.

Its the Hibs way though, play your defenders out of position at every opportunity:thumbsup:

:agree: Spot on. Useful player in midfield or at centre half. Bombscare at right back.

Gala Foxes
30-08-2010, 07:50 AM
glaringly obvious at Carlisle that he was clueless at right back - shows the lack of depth in our squad that the minute Hart is out injured Thicot is straight back in.

Andy74
30-08-2010, 08:24 AM
I don't think it's fair to judge on just coming in for the odd game in different positions. He's better than he showed yesterday but I'd be in favour now of him moving on and getting someone in who can really challenge for a place. That said those players cost more than a thicot or a Stevenson so guess we need to have a balance.

CMac1988
30-08-2010, 08:32 AM

Thicot was absolutely woeful yesterday. His distribution was shocking, his positioning was shocking. There was one point where he chose not to head clear a deep balll into the box, with Dargo right next to him :bitchy:

Hogg on the other hand had a decent game yesterday for a change.

I also though Hogg had a decent game but I dared say so yesterday. :greengrin
He headed about 90% of the balls he jumped for yesterday... Just a shame he couldn't get to the one that went toward Dargo.

TheMentalHibees
30-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Saying we were controlling the game is a bit generous. We had more possession, but any meaningful play was fruitless as all our moves broke down when it came to the final ball. The goal was Thicot's fault, and most of the Midden's chances were coming from that side, but he's never a right back. The most worrying thing was the collapse of our team after they scored. You'd have thought the goal had been scored in the 90th minute such was the reaction. It happened against Der Hun last week too, and it's certainly cause for concern. Surely some cover is needed, and Yogi must have realised this before signing Hart.

Dunkin' Donut
30-08-2010, 11:34 AM
wotherspoon should have started at right back :agree:, surprised to see hanlon given the nod over murray aswell