PDA

View Full Version : Stokes Money (if he definately does go)

CraigHibee
30-08-2010, 12:46 AM
anyone else be peed off if yogi isnt given a sizable chunk/most of the money we get for him?

SRHibs
30-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Not really, no. I'd rather any potential transfer money was held on to and given to our next manager.

IWasThere2016
30-08-2010, 06:10 AM
It will be used to square the circle of the financing of the East Stand. The manager won't get the funds IMHO.

Gatecrasher
30-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Not really, no. I'd rather any potential transfer money was held on to and given to our next manager.
:agree:

johncrobertson@
30-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Even if Hibs retain the 2m transfer fee, Stokes wages would be freed up - enough to bring in 2 good loan signings?

Andy74
30-08-2010, 07:55 AM
We should use some of it. Sustainably though.

RickyS
30-08-2010, 07:56 AM

or we could use the cash to pay our manager and his assistant off?

Duffys13
30-08-2010, 07:59 AM
anyone else be peed off if yogi isnt given a sizable chunk/most of the money we get for him?

I just hope that if/when Stokes goes that we have some sort of plan in place to get a couple of strikers in. It worries me that he could go leaving us with two stikers in the squad and no new faces.

Andy74
30-08-2010, 08:15 AM
I'd say denneboom and another striker such as griffiths is a must.

Along with a centre half with presence and experience and a physical midfielder.

Easy as that!

Mikey
30-08-2010, 08:24 AM
It will be used to square the circle of the financing of the East Stand. The manager won't get the funds IMHO.

So you're expecting no signings then? It's just a case of Stokes being sold to fund the stand?

IWasThere2016
30-08-2010, 08:30 AM
No the manager's said there's room in his budget. But I don't see any fees being paid as the Stokes fee will go to the bank.

Jim44
30-08-2010, 08:33 AM

Onwards and upwards in the bricks and mortar and financial status fixation. The focal point of any successful football club has to be the football team.

bingo70
30-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I think there's enough good bosman signings available that we shouldn't use much of it on transfer fees, i'd rather we used it to increase the wage budget, might not look as good but the only way we'll improve is to move towards paying more on a weekly basis than our competitors.

Love the Green
30-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I think there's enough good bosman signings available that we shouldn't use much of it on transfer fees, i'd rather we used it to increase the wage budget, might not look as good but the only way we'll improve is to move towards paying more on a weekly basis than our competitors.

Hope you mean for new players which would attract better standard but not form them useless lilley livered layabouts we already overpay at the moment.

"keep the faith"

Aldo
30-08-2010, 08:48 AM
I dont think we will pay a transfer fee for anyone...as mentioned before if Stokes (and maybe bamba) go then it will be 2 or 3 of the following

Freebies

1. Denneboom
2. Biscan
3. Lith CH (canny spell his name)

RP will not sanction any fees. Some of the guys on here are in the know (they know who they are) and I respect that they are aware of a number of ongoing issues (stand finance etc).

We shall see what happens come tomorrow evening.

O and for what its worth I would rather we had a guy who ran his socks off for his TEAM allowing other players to come into the game...the guy Wardlaw yesterday might not be a world beater (no disprespect meant) but he was a TEAM player as were the rest of his team mates.

Maybe we should be looking for guys who could enhance the team that way..ie playing every game like it was their last game of footie. Thats what should happen when they pull on that green jersey and cross the white line.

bingo70
30-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Hope you mean for new players which would attract better standard but not form them useless lilley livered layabouts we already overpay at the moment.

"keep the faith"

Well i wouldn't be in a rush to increase many of the current players wages but if getting money in meant we could bring in another say 3 players of the calibre of Bamba, Miller, Riordan and Stokes then i'd rather do that than piss away a fortune on one player so we can show off we've spent money to keep the hoardes happy.

Steve-O
30-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I hope Hughes is given a sizeable chunk...to GTF and never come back :agree:

bingo70
30-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I dont think we will pay a transfer fee for anyone...as mentioned before if Stokes (and maybe bamba) go then it will be 2 or 3 of the following

Freebies

1. Denneboom
2. Biscan
3. Lith CH (canny spell his name)

RP will not sanction any fees. Some of the guys on here are in the know (they know who they are) and I respect that they are aware of a number of ongoing issues (stand finance etc).

We shall see what happens come tomorrow evening.

O and for what its worth I would rather we had a guy who ran his socks off for his TEAM allowing other players to come into the game...the guy Wardlaw yesterday might not be a world beater (no disprespect meant) but he was a TEAM player as were the rest of his team mates.

Maybe we should be looking for guys who could enhance the team that way..ie playing every game like it was their last game of footie. Thats what should happen when they pull on that green jersey and cross the white line.

I know where your coming from but i think the novelty of that kind of player would soon wear off, i'd rather we got really good quality players in instead of gash ones that try hard.

smurf
30-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Onwards and upwards in the bricks and mortar and financial status fixation. The focal point of any successful football club has to be the football team.

Exactly. IF the board are not aware of real and genuine disillusionment within the support they soon will be. We've been on a downward spiral (upward spiral talk was a long long time ago...) for a considerable period of time.

FWIW i think our support is given a tough time from elements within it. I don't detect an arrogance of unrealistic expectations. I've yet to meet any fellow Hibby who expects us to always win. Quite rightly they look for us to win each game.

Overall i think at times we accept defeat too easily if truth be told. We consistently under achieve. Always have....

What is the current disillusionment is two fold; firstly that the SPL quality is very poor and since Xmas 2009 we've struggled within it. Secondly that we know we ought to be given our resources compared to others much better than most of the rest and we're not.

And furthermore its the manner in which we consistently go down to defeat. We look half hearted and completely dispirited.

And i think the support have completely had enough of it.

rainman
30-08-2010, 08:55 AM
No the manager's said there's room in his budget. But I don't see any fees being paid as the Stokes fee will go to the bank.

Sounds like a good way to run a club! :agree:

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2010, 08:56 AM

Ditto

Scorrie
30-08-2010, 09:00 AM
I'd say denneboom and another striker such as griffiths is a must.

Along with a centre half with presence and experience and a physical midfielder.

Easy as that!

I'd agree but the transfer window closes tomorrow at 6pm. Unless negotiations are being done now and Stokes isnt being allowed to leave until replacements are lined up, I cant see how we could get replacements in time

delbert
30-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Yes let's give the money to Yogi - we need 3 more goalkeepers after all, that's the priority, cos apparently all other areas of the team are fine. I widnae give that clown enough money tae dae ma messages !!