PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren Antics

Criswell
29-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Agreed, we deserved nothing from today; abject performance. However, anyone else irritated by the behaviour of the opposition? To me they continually dived and feigned injury. Their cynical tactic seemed to try and get Hibs players into trouble; Bamba in particular was targeted.

The referee thankfully wasn't conned and in fact it was their players who were booked for some outrageous challenges

Looks like Lennon intends to keep St Mirren up at all costs!

truehibernian
29-08-2010, 10:35 PM
That's Danny's job though to keep them up. I thought they defended well but were not really tested, they threw themselves into challenges (sometimes punished), and showed real grit and desire. Thoroughly deserved to get something from the game. Shame Nish, Hogg, Wotherspoon and De Graff didn't have that same desire to win at all costs.

HIBERNIALEITH
29-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Wardlaw was the worst and I'm surprised that his diving/cheating didn't get a sending off! Nearly as bad as McGregor last week.........but not quite!!!!

DH1875
29-08-2010, 11:19 PM
They are a poor, poor team and if Mixu can get killie playing they are certs to go down.

Gala Foxes
30-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Wardlaw was the worst and I'm surprised that his diving/cheating didn't get a sending off! Nearly as bad as McGregor last week.........but not quite!!!!

think Wardlaw was just a Division 3 player out his depth, sadly for us a team made up f journeymen & Cowdenbeath players is good enough to beat us

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I cant believe the OP said we deserved nothing from yesterdays game? They only had one chance all game, we were the team in control all game. We were poor but i thought in control and again another Hogg mistake costs us. :boo hoo:

SHOTTS SHAMROCK
30-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Unfortunatley i think you will find a few Teams will play like St Midden did yest Hamilton, Inverness CT, play a spoiling game to stay in SPL it will be up to us to be good enough to beat them

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Unfortunatley i think you will find a few Teams will play like St Midden did yest Hamilton, Inverness CT, play a spoiling game to stay in SPL it will be up to us to be good enough to beat them

:agree:

Tyler Durden
30-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Blackpool - I'm as tired of Hogg as anyone but the goal was down to Thicot, not him. He needlessly followed Dargo instead of playing him off and then failed to mark him. The guy can't defend.

Have to agree about the Saints tactics, and Wardlaw's foul on Bamba was a straight red card offence. However they then used their misguided sense of injustice to spur them on whilst Hibs just continued our one paced disinterested approach. Depressing stuff.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Blackpool - I'm as tired of Hogg as anyone but the goal was down to Thicot, not him. He needlessly followed Dargo instead of playing him off and then failed to mark him. The guy can't defend.

Have to agree about the Saints tactics, and Wardlaw's foul on Bamba was a straight red card offence. However they then used their misguided sense of injustice to spur them on whilst Hibs just continued our one paced disinterested approach. Depressing stuff.

It was a combination of Hogg AGAIN not winning his battle, and the resulting header going to Dargo who'd lost his man Thicot. Thicot's pish, he does not play often. Hogg is as bad if not worse, but does. Yogi needs to empty him NOW.

Vini1875
30-08-2010, 10:17 AM
As brutal as they were, they were willing to scrap for the points we were not. We might have had the bulk of the possession but when it comes to a scrap we sink into our shells. Any team that wants to beat us can by out muscling us and pressuring us. This team do not have the bottle for a fight, which worries me because to avoid relegation type football you have to be able to over come cloggers like St.Mirren

Holmesdale Hibs
30-08-2010, 11:58 AM
The goal was more Thicot ball watching than anything else. The whole team were poor with the possible exception of Galbraith. One of the most boring games I've seen and a shocking advert for the SPL

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2010, 01:22 PM
i thought that the ref had a good game tbh. as far as crowd paranoia goes, both sides of the o/f are amateurs compared to the buddies. they howled for everything and only stopped at not shouting for a penalty when mark brown handled the ball in the area.