Fletcher £3 million
Rob Jones £500,000
Ivan Sproule £500,000

Infrastructure
State of the Art Training Centre
Fantastic Stadium

Four managers in 4 years
Mowbray, Collins, Mixu, Hughes

Time to get rid of the journeymen, foreigners, jakeys and makeweights now and bring in the young team

Keeper
McCann
Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Welsh
Taggart
Wotherspoon
Griffiths
Byrne
Galbraith

I'd gladly watch 11 yiung Hibbies try their hearts out for the jerseys for the next 3 seasons than watch the continual manager and player merry-go-round that we've experienced since 2006

We had an all-conquering U19 team - time to bring them on IMO

Kevvy1875
29-08-2010, 10:30 PM
:top marks

Agreed. Been thinking this for some time. 4th, 6th, 8th whats the difference? I would rather we tried to bring through the youngsters and make 3-4 quality signings to build a spine for these guys to play around and learn from. If we do this then the chances are that maybe, just maybe we can mount a serious challenge against the OF in a few seasons. With our current way of bringing th likes of your Rankins, McBrides, Nish's, Hart etc etc...they are not gonna make us world beaters. I would rather see Currie, Byrne and McCann given their chance.

SaulGoodman
29-08-2010, 10:39 PM
We're saving up for Messi :agree:

bob12345
29-08-2010, 10:55 PM
9 players sold for £16million
Stokes £1.5 million?
O'Connor £1.6 million
Thomson £2million
Whttaker £2million
Brown £4.4 million
Murphy £1.5 million
Fletcher £3 million
Rob Jones £500,000
Ivan Sproule £500,000

Infrastructure
Fantastic Stadium

Four managers in 4 years

Time to get rid of the journeymen, foreigners, jakeys and makeweights now and bring in the young team

Keeper
McCann
Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Welsh
Taggart
Wotherspoon
Griffiths
Byrne
Galbraith

I'd gladly watch 11 yiung Hibbies try their hearts out for the jerseys for the next 3 seasons than watch the continual manager and player merry-go-round that we've experienced since 2006

Only have to go back another 2/3 years to make that figure £21m with Miller, Laursen and De La Cruz.

tamig
29-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Stokes £1.5 million?
O'Connor £1.6 million
Thomson £2million
Whttaker £2million
Brown £4.4 million
Murphy £1.5 million
Fletcher £3 million
Rob Jones £500,000
Ivan Sproule £500,000

Infrastructure
Fantastic Stadium

Four managers in 4 years

Keeper
McCann
Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Welsh
Taggart
Wotherspoon
Griffiths
Byrne
Galbraith

We'd probably be toiling severely with that team you list. A lot of these boys will come good but there's no way they'd survive a season in the SPL at the moment. Their time will come though.

snooky
30-08-2010, 07:20 AM
We'd probably be toiling severely with that team you list. A lot of these boys will come good but there's no way they'd survive a season in the SPL at the moment. Their time will come though.

However, the ones that come to the top will be creamed off by the OF leaving us with, once again, the also rans.
A major policy change is required as well as a change of playing staff.

rubber mal
30-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Stokes £1.5 million?
O'Connor £1.6 million
Thomson £2million
Whttaker £2million
Brown £4.4 million
Murphy £1.5 million
Fletcher £3 million
Rob Jones £500,000
Ivan Sproule £500,000

Infrastructure
Fantastic Stadium

Four managers in 4 years

Keeper
McCann
Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Welsh
Taggart
Wotherspoon
Griffiths
Byrne
Galbraith

I'm sorry but that team would get humped every week, destroying their confidence and stunting their development. I'm all for bringing young players through but it has to be done in the correct manner - i.e. gradually/intermittently with experienced guys around them.

Jack
30-08-2010, 07:37 AM
You could say that without the sale of the earlier players these young players wouldn’t have the opportunity to come through a SPL Hibernian.

Take £16m - £21m out of our finances over the last few years and we’d be in a worse state that Killie or Aberdeen.

With all due respect to Dunfermline we’d probably be worse than they are – struggling to get out the first division with debt higher than turnover.

Dr Jimmy
30-08-2010, 07:51 AM
good point, but we don't seem to ever get the mix right between the balance sheet and investment in the team. we are trying to win matches not business of the year!

RIP
30-08-2010, 09:08 AM
My point is our whole strategy is financial. The coach is a nobody at East Road. Players are constantly sold from under his nose and he is kept in the dark about transfers out.

Farmer, Petrie, Lindsay and Co run this club with a rod of iron and they don't trust any manager to look after our finances. Indeed I suspect they reckon the manager is always out to raise player wages rather than keep them down. Opposing agendas.

The Board also take care of player contracts, player discipline and signings. The manager has an input but the Board has the final say.

The Board of HFC have an enviable off-field strategy but a debatable on-field strategy. 4 manager in 4 years, constant player comings and goings, no squad-building programme, no football direction. It's all very well to make platitudes when appointing the last 3 fans favourites but then they pull the rug from under their feet by selling their top players

Should we judge this board on it's overall success at running a successful Football Club or only the Finances? I thought the Board of any business had to be accountable for the whole shooting match?

SaudiHibby
30-08-2010, 10:06 AM
It's called a balanced score card but at the moment our score card is heavily skewed towards financial management of the company. Not that either of the two main 'players' on the board would have much time for modern management technique :grr: