PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths

El Gubbz
29-08-2010, 10:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Griffiths

49 goals in 86 appearances and only just turned 20 on the 20th of August.

Would be a pretty good replacement for stokes and turned down those c*nts because he's a hibee :thumbsup:

RickyS
29-08-2010, 10:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Griffiths

49 goals in 86 appearances and only just turned 20 on the 20th of August.

Would be a pretty good replacement for stokes and turned down those c*nts because he's a hibee :thumbsup:

would rather he played WITH stokes but I think this boy would be worth a punt, but how much would he cost?

Cocaine&Caviar
29-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I think if we're to sign a striker, assuming Stokes leaves, it needs to be a somewhat decennt target man allowing us to get a bit of balance back to the team, and to get the best out of Derek beside him, and also someone that can chip in with goals, in the GOC, Killen mould.

But we are light on strikers, and having Griffiths as part of the squad would be good, giving him a season or two to get adjusted before becoming a first team regular, but I think with the fee that he would require, this is unrealistic.

Albanian Hibs
29-08-2010, 10:34 PM
:agree:

sleeping giant
29-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I'd take him :agree:

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 11:09 PM
He would be a great signing. Whether Hibs would pay a fee is another matter.

tamig
29-08-2010, 11:21 PM
But we are light on strikers, and having Griffiths as part of the squad would be good, giving him a season or two to get adjusted before becoming a first team regular, but I think with the fee that he would require, this is unrealistic.

Are you being serious? Griffiths would be ready to go straight into the first team - now. Still got a lot of learning to do but he'd give us goals now imo.

LancashireHibby
29-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Get him signed. The fee should be no excuse as surely we can use some of the proceeds from the Stokes sale?

Iain G
30-08-2010, 12:54 AM
I think that if Stokes goes we need two upfront to come in, big burly striker (Denneboom bloke?) and someone like Griffiths who knows where the back of the net is.

And either a new right sided central defender or a big strapping laddie who can tackle and pass and sit in front of the defence.

ScottB
30-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Our stupidity at punting a first choice striker just before the window shuts aside, I can't see Dundee selling one of their best players with no time to replace him in a season where the first division looks fiercely competitive.

greenlex
30-08-2010, 04:42 AM
Spot on Ian G. Along with a left back and centre back.

H18sry
30-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Spot on Ian G. Along with a left back and centre back.

And a left midfielder :wink:

Biggie
30-08-2010, 07:04 AM
aye imagine how good his blog would be if he played for hibs ?.....Yogi on his jetpack and wee Gareth bouncing around !!...

Iain G
30-08-2010, 07:05 AM
And a left midfielder :wink:

And a new manager... :rolleyes:

callumstewart
30-08-2010, 08:03 AM
we dont need a left mid we have galbraith and i would take griffiths:thumbsup:

sixtwo
30-08-2010, 08:06 AM
I reckon dundee would take £400k for him.

tamig
30-08-2010, 08:13 AM
aye imagine how good his blog would be if he played for hibs ?.....Yogi on his jetpack and wee Gareth bouncing around !!...

That's a good point. Let's hope it won't be the end of the blog.

Cocaine&Caviar
30-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Are you being serious? Griffiths would be ready to go straight into the first team - now. Still got a lot of learning to do but he'd give us goals now imo.

I wasnt doubting his ability, Ive seen a lot of highlights of him and he looks good.

But my main point was that with the saale of Stokes we finally have an oppurtunity to get some balance to our team. For too long under Hughes we have been relying on individual skill from people in order to get points, rather than playing well as a team, as seen by Riordan playing left mid, in order to squeeze in Stokes up top. Thiis has been somewhat successful when you look at their individual returns, however, we havent played great football in the process.

IMO, in terms of individual players, we have better ones than Dundee Utd last season. However, their team had a lot more balance with pacey wingers (Connway and Swanson), energetic central midfield (Bauben and Gomis), and a pacey striker (Goodwillie) along side a goal scoring target man (Daly).