PDA

View Full Version : Stokes sold to Celtc (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

3pm
29-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Sources say fee is almost agreed.

Betty Boop
29-08-2010, 08:14 PM

What a surprise ! :rolleyes:

blairwallace
29-08-2010, 08:14 PM
any news on yogi resigning is the question?

Sylar
29-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Superb end to a superb day :agree:

Billy Whizz
29-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Is this Celtic putting out stories again!

HibbyAndy
29-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Bottom 6

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2010, 08:17 PM
On the telly I presume maybe just looking in the wrong places online ?!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Feel sorry for the ST Holders, another boot in the gonads!

marinello59
29-08-2010, 08:19 PM
On the telly I presume maybe just looking in the wrong places online ?!

Aye, it's running on the ticker tape just now.

Westie1875
29-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Bottom 6

Depends what comes in but I must admit I'm not optimistic - surely the board realise thought that they need to do something to try and get the fans to fill the ground?

Tiocfaidh Ar La
29-08-2010, 08:29 PM
What is the point of supporting Hibernian FC? ****ing joke of a club. So depressing being a Hibee tonight.

Antifa Hibs
29-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Depends what comes in but I must admit I'm not optimistic - surely the board realise thought that they need to do something to try and get the fans to fill the ground?

Thats when Petrie and Co will get the finger out, when there attendences of 8500 against the likes of Inverness, Hamilton etc.

Points and trophies mean nout to the board, accounts and £££ do but!

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 08:30 PM
What is the point of supporting Hibernian FC? ****ing joke of a club. So depressing being a Hibee tonight.

Dont go then??? Simples:bye:

Westie1875
Thats when Petrie and Co will get the finger out, when there attendences of 8500 against the likes of Inverness, Hamilton etc.

Now saying a fee HAS been agreed

Sylar
Presenters are now saying that the 2 clubs have agreed a fee.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2010, 08:32 PM

:agree:

Agree Westie..Im a wee bit bit doon too say the least :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Bamba too,,Watch this space :agree:

sam armstrong
29-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Fair shout but Stokes looks totally inept at the moment, and not capable of scoring anywhere near twenty goals. If he is not scoring, he contributes little else to the team. Our two strikers today were very poor. The problem is and always will be, who do we get as a replacement.

7Hero
29-08-2010, 08:33 PM

no need to be so patronising, sure we all feel like this at times, beaten by a crap team today and selling one of our best players. its very very frustrating..

Toaods
Yogi will be wanting him to stay so it is another wee nail in the coffin from the tache.

No player OR MANAGER at Easter Road is irreplacable.

...just hope Celtic haven't offered Mark Wilson as a makeweight in answer to our defence problems and we've swallowed it. Did notice Lennon is quoted as saying he'd know more about 'it' tomorrow, so assume the bid was upped today.

sambajustice
Bottom

Fixed that!

3pm
He'll score for fun there.

johnbc70
29-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Fair shout but Stokes looks totally inept at the moment, and not capable of scoring anywhere near twenty goals. If he is not scoring, he contributes little else to the team. Our two strikers today were very poor. The problem is and always will be, who do we get as a replacement.

True, but he will score loads at Celtic and very likely will score a few against us this season.

Tiocfaidh Ar La
29-08-2010, 08:34 PM

Good shout?!! Should we blindly accept this *****? Decent manager please and investment in the team. Let's start with the recognised centre half we have needed for approx 2 years. Now we have 2 strikers, one being Riordan who doesn't get selected as a striker. The other is Nish. Need I say more about him. BRUTAL.

Sylar
29-08-2010, 08:35 PM

I'm willing to bet that his attitude and efforts will completely alter when he gets a move to his "boyhood heroes"* and he'll come back and haunt us.

*I'm not advocating he's said this anywhere, but I'm also willing to wager this is the pish we'll be subjected to should he move.

Bishop Hibee
I'd rather we didn't sell and anything less than £1.5m will be a joke. The thought of Hibs having a squad with 2 forwards in it doesn't make me particularly chuffed either.

If Stokes goes and their is no 'cat pulled out of the bag' before the transfer window closes then things will turn nasty among the fans.

johnbc70
Wonder if the fee will come out - anything over £2.5M is pretty decent business.

Westie1875
29-08-2010, 08:37 PM

Agree Westie..Im a wee bit bit doon too say the least :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Bamba too,,Watch this space :agree:

In which case we're screwed :bitchy:

down-the-slope
29-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Tache played another blinder then :rolleyes: time to do deals...but can we do the right ones...and will Hughes get enough slack to get who he wants

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I dont look at it but Jambo KB monitors will be festooned with jizz at the mo!

Hibernian Verse
29-08-2010, 08:42 PM
To be fair, it's been a long run getting the club back on track and this might be the transfer we need to kickstart good transfers coming in.

Might.

Sylar
I dont look at it but Jambo KB monitors will be festooned with jizz at the mo!

Not yet - mostly just considering the potential course of action for us should it happen, and potential replacements.

Griffiths or Duffy are the general concensus.

Banff
Anything regarding one of our players getting punted to one of the OF is ***** business. And Tiocfaidh Ar La, good post.

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Stokes was murder today, infact he's pretty much murder every week. No very sure how he managed to score all those goals last season :confused:
Anyhoo good luck to the lad, maybe we can bring in a player who can link up with the rest of the team, who will run their heart out and no just be in it for themselves the greedy wee bassa! :greengrin

Tiocfaidh Ar La
29-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I've been of the opinion we need at least 4 signings that would go straight into the team for the past month. We have went into freefall since last December and there are no signs we will recover any time soon. This isn't acceptable to me. Comments like just don't go then aren't the answer. Sort the management situation out, get a squad and first eleven that are worthy of wearing the famous green and White shirts. To get beat by the worst St Mirren team I've seen and to sell Stokes at this late stage in window is a joke. How are we supposed to feel and react to this. I'm sick of it!!!!!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I never understood the what does he do apart from score viewpoint, its a strikers job, doubt we'll find somebody to do it 23 times as a replacement!

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I've been of the opinion we need at least 4 signings that would go straight into the team for the past month. We have went into freefall since last December and there are no signs we will recover any time soon. This isn't acceptable to me. Comments like just don't go then aren't the answer. Sort the management situation out, get a squad and first eleven that are worthy of wearing the famous green and White shirts. To get beat by the worst St Mirren team I've seen and to sell Stokes at this late stage in window is a joke. How are we supposed to feel and react to this. I'm sick of it!!!!!!!

Well said mate, feel sorry for folk who have bought ST. :boo hoo:

Tiocfaidh Ar La
29-08-2010, 08:49 PM
To be fair, it's been a long run getting the club back on track and this might be the transfer we need to kickstart good transfers coming in.

Might.

I really hope you are right mate!

fife hfc
29-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Stokes was murder today, infact he's pretty much murder every week. No very sure how he managed to score all those goals last season :confused:
Anyhoo good luck to the lad, maybe we can bring in a player who can link up with the rest of the team, who will run their heart out and no just be in it for themselves the greedy wee bassa! :greengrin

agree. Stokes is a great goalscorer but he is the bit in bold and so is Deek. I feel Yogi thinks this and that is why he did not play both together. If you play deek or Stokes upfront you need a striker to do all the work for them, just like Miller for Boyd.

maybe now he will play Deek upfront but he needs a hard working physical player beside him.

Jones28
29-08-2010, 08:51 PM

Avatar change for you methinks :greengrin

Sammy7nil
29-08-2010, 08:52 PM

Might.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
Sorry But why is ths ant different to the last 16 tranfers :cool2:

RickyS
29-08-2010, 08:52 PM
nowt on the sky sports Hibs page?

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfers/0,20367,11780_11792,00.html

Black Kyle
29-08-2010, 08:54 PM
£1.5m must be the mimimum.

Anything less is poor business leaving us so little time to get replacement personnel in.

Anyone know how long he had left on his contract?

houston1875
29-08-2010, 08:56 PM

agree..trying to think when his last best game was?

gringojoe

Got to agree not optimistic about what comes in, can't see the tache willing to pay a fee so that leaves free agents who if they were any good would have been snapped up by now.

bigstu
Do you think Celtic now get a gift from Hibs fro being such a loyal customer?? At places like Tesco you are encouraged to keep going back & spending your money with them by gaining points each time. I assume Hibs have a similar scheme set up & that is why time after time Celtic keep coming back & taking all our talented players. I expect like most ex players he'll score a barrel load of goals against us, great work Hibs!

fatbloke
29-08-2010, 09:00 PM

speaking of which I emailed hibs to try and move to the leather seats in the FF for me and my 18 year old daughter - we have St's already at a cost pf £380 and £130 - as i have a wee back problem and find the plastic seats aggravate it. I received a reply which said i could move as there were loads of empty seats but as they were Executive seats it would cost an extra £350. I declined the offer.

Comments/opinions please.

down-the-slope
29-08-2010, 09:00 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6347325,00.html

just Stokes terms / medical then :confused:

Gettin' Auld
29-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Do you think Celtic now get a gift from Hibs fro being such a loyal customer??
Lets hope it isn't..........Buy One Get One Free!!

down-the-slope
Got to agree not optimistic about what comes in, can't see the tache willing to pay a fee so that leaves free agents who if they were any good would have been snapped up by now.

Thats just plain silly considering the player you are talking about was himself a 'Free' as was Miller....

Jones28
Do you think Celtic now get a gift from Hibs fro being such a loyal customer?? At places like Tesco you are encouraged to keep going back & spending your money with them by gaining points each time. I assume Hibs have a similar scheme set up & that is why time after time Celtic keep coming back & taking all our talented players. I expect like most ex players he'll score a barrel load of goals against us, great work Hibs!

Petrie has a Clubcard :agree:

Sammy7nil
29-08-2010, 09:04 PM
speaking of which I emailed hibs to try and move to the leather seats in the FF for me and my 18 year old daughter - we have St's already at a cost pf £380 and £130 - as i have a wee back problem and find the plastic seats aggravate it. I received a reply which said i could move as there were loads of empty seats but as they were Executive seats it would cost an extra £350. I declined the offer.

Comments/opinions please.

Sorry mate but the price is the price.
You could offer £50 for a ST in the new east as it will always be half empty but you aint getting it cheaper. Maybe next year they could offer better deals until then no chance.

gringojoe
29-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Thats just plain silly considering the player you are talking about was himself a 'Free' as was Miller....

Stokes was still under contract at Sunderland, Miller was a free agent so you're half correct/

Hibernian Verse
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
Sorry But why is ths ant different to the last 16 tranfers :cool2:

Maybeeeeeee because the board will struggle to find anything else to use the money on, they might actually use it on BUYING players rather than just on frees or small nominal fees.

Maybe.

:greengrin

(very unlikely scenario!)

Shrekko
I never understood the what does he do apart from score viewpoint, its a strikers job, doubt we'll find somebody to do it 23 times as a replacement!

By that reasoning Kris Boyd would never have been dropped by Rangers or Scotland.

I dont really think it matters who scores the goals and who's to say that somebody with better touch, more skill, or even better at actually holding the ball up and linking play might help the team score more even if he scores less as an individual than Stokes?

How many goals did Stokes set up for Hibs? Can't have been many.

Anyone who thinks Stokes is a good footballer is seeing a different player to me.

Alfred E Newman
29-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Tache played another blinder then :rolleyes: time to do deals...but can we do the right ones...and will Hughes get enough slack to get who he wants

If Hughes gets some of the fee to spend I would assume it will be more of his old Falkirk pals that he targets?

blairwallace
29-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Lets hope it isn't..........Buy One Get One Free!!

stokes+bamba=£10 million and 100 clubcard points, thank you mcgreedy! :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
29-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Stokes was still under contract at Sunderland, Miller was a free agent so you're half correct/

But they cancelled that so he could move...but a point to the Pedants

gringojoe
29-08-2010, 09:16 PM
But they cancelled that so he could move...but a point to the Pedants

Point more than we got today, ach I'm just fed up and the new season has just started.

NeilOrrSquareBa
29-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Stokes was sold becasue he has a clause in his contract allowing him to talk to clubs who bid a specified amount. It'll be more than Celtic want to pay but less than Hibs would want to get.
Hibs will have one of two replacements - Dutch guy for one lined up.
Thanks Tony, some great memories and some spectacularly horiffic performances. LOTS OF RUMOURS about him being a bit of a d**k and may not be missed by some of his teammates.
So adieu mon cher, a bientot!:bye:
GGTH :greengrin

fatbloke
29-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry mate but the price is the price.
You could offer £50 for a ST in the new east as it will always be half empty but you aint getting it cheaper. Maybe next year they could offer better deals until then no chance.

I suppose so. I would have paid the extra £50 for myself but an extra £300 for an 18 year old - no concessions:bitchy: - i baulked at.

Sir David Gray
29-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Like I said on the other thread, if he was going down south, I'd still be disappointed at losing 20 odd goals but it's the fact he's going to Celtic that really annoys me. It makes me sick to to see our players going to Glasgow and there is no doubt that there will be a double page spread in Tuesday/Wednesday's Daily Record with the headline along the lines of "Stokesy - My dream move". :jamboak:

Toaods
29-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I suppose so. I would have paid the extra £50 for myself but an extra £300 for an 18 year old - no concessions:bitchy: - i baulked at.

have you thought about emailing Keith Jackson? ...he loves to rake up a bit of alleged muck against us.

RickyS
29-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Like I said on the other thread, if he was going down south, I'd still be disappointed at losing 20 odd goals but it's the fact he's going to Celtic that really annoys me. It makes me sick to to see our players going to Glasgow and there is no doubt that there will be a double page spread in Tuesday/Wednesday's Daily Record with the headline along the lines of "Stokesy - My dream move". :jamboak:

my thoughts exactly mate

down-the-slope
29-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Point more than we got today, ach I'm just fed up and the new season has just started.

Fair enough...43.5 hours till window closes......and then we can still do a Miller and get Frees in.

Half expect we will try and agree mutual cancellation of contract with a couple of current players to free up wages as we did last year

gringojoe
29-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Fair enough...43.5 hours till window closes......and then we can still do a Miller and get Frees in.

Half expect we will try and agree mutual cancellation of contract with a couple of current players to free up wages as we did last year

If Bamba is sold now I'll be more than just fed up.

HFC 0-7
29-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Are you nuts? Cancel contracts? If we cancel contracts we wont have a team to field. We are at the bear bones just now, we let players go at the start of the season as well. 2 days of transfer window left, Bamba could still go, we will get 2 players in tops and a long nasty season ahead!

McD
29-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Totally agree mate. Whilst I can see others point re. Stokes not contributing to the team, I'd rather keep him than sell him. Another footballer who was heading for obscurity before a club steps in and reabilitates him, only to get shat on by ****wits from the West/alleged bigger clubs. Didier agathe springs to mind as a name who did something similar.

Hopefully we will get in someone like griffiths, and 2 or 3 others around the team to improve us. Today was bloody shocking. No grit, little desire, little impetus from the pitch or the bench, too much slack passing and lackadaisical play.

Hughes has a massive job on his hands to get this moving forwards - surely the board must see investment in the team is not only beneficial, but essential?

Over to you Rod and John

RickyS
29-08-2010, 09:33 PM
If Bamba is sold now I'll be more than just fed up.

I was pretty sure Bamba would go but Stokes would stay until the next window. if we end up losing both of them I will be watchin the rest of the season through my fingers.

monktonharp
29-08-2010, 09:36 PM

Might.sorry,but that's a crock of ****

blairwallace
29-08-2010, 09:38 PM
its official http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6347325,00.html :grr:

monktonharp
29-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Anyhoo good luck to the lad, maybe we can bring in a player who can link up with the rest of the team, who will run their heart out and no just be in it for themselves the greedy wee bassa! :greengrinanother crock of

RickyS
29-08-2010, 09:40 PM
sorry,but that's a crock of ****

Hibernian Verse
29-08-2010, 09:40 PM
sorry,but that's a crock of ****

Although, your opinion counts for as much as mine does. It's the opinion of the board that matters, sorry for being optimistic...

Sir David Gray
29-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I was pretty sure Bamba would go but Stokes would stay until the next window. if we end up losing both of them I will be watchin the rest of the season through my fingers.

If we lose Bamba AND Stokes before Tuesday night, we'll almost certainly be bottom six material. I'd still like to think that we won't be relegation candidates but with the way things have been going for us (four league wins out of nineteen matches since February) then I probably shouldn't speak too soon.

Emerald
29-08-2010, 09:46 PM
The whole blend of the team needs changing! There is no balance, width or pace. The first thing in the midfeilders heads is to slow it down, turn and pass it back. It may be better to get the money for Stokes, get a new manager and use anything left wisely.
I have watched worse Hibs sides but really cant remember a side that creates so few chances. Football should be an entertainment and I realise that in a league table not everyone will be happy with the outcome, BUT surely a Hibs side with the players we have MUST be doing better than the utter dross being served up. The team IS a shambles. Junior football is better than that today and its £400+ effn quid for a season ticket. The board MUST act, We need some orginisation. Very sad 3 games in, not forgetting the last however many we have been total ******!!!

RickyS
29-08-2010, 09:49 PM
The whole blend of the team needs changing! There is no balance, width or pace. The first thing in the midfeilders heads is to slow it down, turn and pass it back. It may be better to get the money for Stokes, get a new manager and use anything left wisely.
I have watched worse Hibs sides but really cant remember a side that creates so few chances. Football should be an entertainment and I realise that in a league table not everyone will be happy with the outcome, BUT surely a Hibs side with the players we have MUST be doing better than the utter dross being served up. The team IS a shambles. Junior football is better than that today and its £400+ effn quid for a season ticket. The board MUST act, We need some orginisation. Very sad 3 games in, not forgetting the last however many we have been total ******!!!

wheres Alex Miller these days?

I agree with what you said but a new guy would have no time to bring in players, however I do think another manager would get more out of a squad that is the third best in the league without a shadow of a doubt

Idlewild
29-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Not ideal, but not the end of the world. Hopefully bring in a couple of decent players on the back of this. That or compo for Hughes / funds for a new manager come Xmas.

mcaitchi
29-08-2010, 09:51 PM

If we lose Bamba AND Stokes before Tuesday night, we'll almost certainly be bottom six material. I'd still like to think that we won't be relegation candidates but with the way things have been going for us (four league wins out of nineteen matches since February) then I probably shouldn't speak too soon.

Would a marquee Signing Not Make a Difference ??

Why Are Hibs NOT Taking Loan Signings from the likes of liverpool or the likes and what about this so called youngsters / chelsea link yrs ago !! - bollocks

we could quite easily take a marqueee signing, pay him a big fat million in sign on compensation fee and then pay a 5k a week so wage - as we do !!

cmon hibs - show some REMOVED ambition - Rob a Team And Sign a MANAGER !!!!

Shrekko
29-08-2010, 09:52 PM
another crock of

So you think Stokes is a team player who works his socks off for the cause?

Which bits do you disagree with?

IWasThere2016
29-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Well said Emerald. We have some far too obvious weaknesses and these needing addressing long before now - the starting point is a new manager.

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2010, 10:01 PM
another crock of

Your entitled to your opinion as am I. :wink:

Iain G
29-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Isn't it about time we finally signed Craig Rocastle to play the Matty Jack role, we haven't had anyone in that position since Jarkko Wiss left? :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
29-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Your entitled to your opinion as am I. :wink:

Exactly, nothing annoys me more than someone completely dismissing someone else's opinion believing theirs is superior.

eastmainsmsh
29-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry to see stokesy go but we have been good for him as he has been for us :agree:

but all is not lost ... reckon get zouma fit and on a new deal ...

galbraith has pace and should do a job on left get deeks up front .....

dont laugh any one take benji back i would :agree:

discman
29-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Although, your opinion counts for as much as mine does. It's the opinion of the board that matters, sorry for being optimistic...

there is no "board" only rp,he deals with every aspect of fianance, contract negotiations, who we sign how much the contract, if we transferthem/when we transfer them,thats his stated remit!!!! and as was discussed on an other thread stated that no money obtained from player transfer would be spent on new players.
Tom Farmer who owns 90% of hibs and rp who owns 10% of hibs have done an excellant job getting us the facilities,but as hibs13681 said on another thread,weve moved too far towards the business side and too far away from the football side,our debt is all mortgage,except for 1/4 mill we, hibs owe TF,so maybe we should let RP know what we want?

Oh and RP is resposible for hiring the managers,coaches,whatever you want to call them:cool2:

HenryMonk
29-08-2010, 10:27 PM
sorry to ask, but has stokes been sold? ive been at carnival allday!

thanks in advance

Sir David Gray
29-08-2010, 10:28 PM
sorry to ask, but has stokes been sold? ive been at carnival allday!

thanks in advance

A fee has apparently been agreed between Hibs and Celtic. If this is true, I would imagine that the transfer will go through at some point tomorrow.

monktonharp
29-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Exactly, nothing annoys me more than someone completely dismissing someone else's opinion believing theirs is superior.sorry to annoy,but I say as I see,that's all.Inever actually dismissed it,but it's a crock of.imho

RickyS
29-08-2010, 10:29 PM
there is no "board" only rp,he deals with every aspect of fianance, contract negotiations, who we sign how much the contract, if we transferthem/when we transfer them,thats his stated remit!!!! and as was discussed on an other thread stated that no money obtained from player transfer would be spent on new players.
Tom Farmer who owns 90% of hibs and rp who owns 10% of hibs have done an excellant job getting us the facilities,but as hibs13681 said on another thread,weve moved too far towards the business side and too far away from the football side,our debt is all mortgage,except for 1/4 mill we, hibs owe TF,so maybe we should let RP know what we want?

Oh and RP is resposible for hiring the managers,coaches,whatever you want to call them:cool2:

Who is this RP you speak of? I can't think of an RP who owns 10% of the club? unless we have a new middle eastern billionaire owner?

HenryMonk
29-08-2010, 10:30 PM
A fee has apparently been agreed between Hibs and Celtic. If this is true, I would imagine that the transfer will go through at some point tomorrow.

so nuttin defo then?

****s sake!!!

MacBean
29-08-2010, 10:43 PM
sorry to annoy,but I say as I see,that's all.Inever actually dismissed it,but it's a crock of.imho

I think what milky et al were asking is 'why isn't a crock of' ?
I don't have a comment on the matter just making an observation

matty_f
29-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I had hoped we'd get through the transfer window without Stokes going, but it looks highly likely that he'll be offski now.

That being the case, I really hope Yogi has some irons in the fire and is able to bring in 2 or 3 players who will add genuine quality to the side, otherwise (and especially so if Bamba leaves) we are frighteningly thin on the ground and look like we could be in for a pretty horrific season.

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2010, 10:48 PM
If Hughes gets some of the fee to spend I would assume it will be more of his old Falkirk pals that he targets?

i'm hoping alan gow has already signed for another club....plzzzz

3pm
29-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Matty, can't see how the sale of Stokes will affect Hughes when he is back at Falkirk!

hibees707070
29-08-2010, 10:53 PM
In a boozer wi stokes n stack the now! Stack confirmed stokes is away! Stack says he has been asking why Galbraith doesn't get a game! Rates him highly! Stack didn't know how much we were getting for stokes but agreed it should be more than the tims got for fortune! Heard it from the horses mouth!

monktonharp
29-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Although, your opinion counts for as much as mine does. It's the opinion of the board that matters, sorry for being optimistic...nowt wrong wi' a bit o' optimism,but experience says that it's just another one of our promising players oot the door,and just 40 miles along the road to CFC/RFC who we like to think of as rivals. all other clubs in Scotland must see us as a direct feeder club,mainly to Celtic,I certainly do at this moment. nevermind,it only means another few HFC fans over the edge of the precipice this season. past experience has taught us well,after the loss of Stein,Stanton,Whittaker,Brown,Thompson,Miller Agathe Killen etc etc . a wee bit sweeter was the cash from England re-Cormack ,Baker,Crops,Marinello, Brebner,Weir,Blackley , O'connor) roubles) but the list goes on, still we've got a decent sized stadium,fit for purpose these days,whatever purpose that is going to end up.

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Ffs. Didn't have to sell, but typical Hibs. Would have been nice if they showed a little ambition and just told Celtic **** off no matter what the price. Ill feel better if this means signing Deek up long tern though.

RickyS
29-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Ffs. Didn't have to sell, but typical Hibs. Would have been nice if they showed a little ambition and just told Celtic **** off no matter what the price. Ill feel better if this means signing Deek up long tern though.

correct, but surely there can be no excuse for NOT re-investing this money in the team?

tamig
29-08-2010, 11:00 PM

He should never have let Benji go imo.

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 11:08 PM
correct, but surely there can be no excuse for NOT re-investing this money in the team?

It bloody well should be because we need it.

stokesmessiah
29-08-2010, 11:17 PM

I think from Yogi's comments about signing 2 or 3 cat players that whatever comes in from the sale of Stokes will go straight back out on new players and if i am honest if it doesnt i will be disgusted.

erskine-hibby
29-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Sorry to see stokesy go but we have been good for him as he has been for us :agree:

but all is not lost ... reckon get zouma fit and on a new deal ...

galbraith has pace and should do a job on left get deeks up front .....

No f***ing way would Yogi play with 2 wingers.
That means width and we all know that he steadfastly favours the narrow game. to change it now would be to admit he got it wrong and, yet again, we all know he won't do that.

RickyS
29-08-2010, 11:30 PM
It bloody well should be because we need it.

silverhibee
30-08-2010, 12:02 AM

Dont hold your breath on that happening.

scoopyboy
30-08-2010, 12:03 AM

Is that anything to do with today?

snooky
30-08-2010, 12:09 AM

Aw ffs, where's the razor blades when you need them :grr:

silverhibee
30-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Is that anything to do with today?

Yes.

Underdose
30-08-2010, 12:32 AM
'Welcome back to your family home'

Shame Hibs didnt mention anything about selling the family silver!

Feel really let down by the club and really beginning to wonder why I just forked out £400 on a season ticket when I now have a mortgage to pay.

We could have at least played them at their own game and not agreed to any deal until the last minute of the transfer window - whats the worst that could happen? we hang onto Stokes?

Really fear for the season now after losing a 20goals a season striker and it looks like Bamba is gonna go too.

No doubt the club won't announce what fee we finally got for Stokes but if we dont bring in 3 QUALITY players before the window closes we have been cheated... :boo hoo:

Dunbar Hibee
30-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Yes.

:boo hoo: effin disaster.

silverhibee
30-08-2010, 12:36 AM

Feel really let down by the club and really beginning to wonder why I just forked out £400 on a season ticket when I now have a mortgage to pay.

We could have at least played them at their own game and not agreed to any deal until the last minute of the transfer window - whats the worst that could happen? we hang onto Stokes?

Really fear for the season now after losing a 20goals a season striker and it looks like Bamba is gonna go too.

No doubt the club won't announce what fee we finally got for Stokes but if we dont bring in 3 QUALITY players before the window closes we have been cheated... :boo hoo:

If Yogi has his way Riordan will be away before Tuesday as well.

RickyS
30-08-2010, 12:36 AM

me too, lose more and score less. recipe for bottom six

scoopyboy
30-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Yes.

Thanks for replying sh.

Just caught up with threads on here and am now going to my bed completely scunnered.

I was hoping Yogi would turn out to be ok but it seems like its only going to get worse.

I was one of the school that felt we changed manager too often and somebody would need to stay in the job for a while to build us up. It aint gonna be Yogi and the sooner it ends the better.

He done well to bring Stokes in so it would be poetic justice if some of the profit was used to dispense with his services.

1875godsgift
30-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks for replying sh.

Just caught up with threads on here and am now going to my bed completely scunnered.

I was hoping Yogi would turn out to be ok but it seems like its only going to get worse.

I was one of the school that felt we changed manager too often and somebody would need to stay in the job for a while to build us up. It aint gonna be Yogi and the sooner it ends the better.

He done well to bring Stokes in so it would be poetic justice if some of the profit was used to dispense with his services.

Must admit, I'd much rather have Deek than Yogi.

Dunbar Hibee
30-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Must admit, I'd much rather have Deek than Yogi.

Every day of the week.

ScottB
30-08-2010, 01:09 AM

Wouldn't fancy seeing how ugly things would get if the window shuts and we have lost Stokes and Riordan (and Bamba too apparently) and not just in terms of results, the support would be ready for war.

Will the board really back Hughes if he tries to force Riordan out? Surely they can see the writing is on the wall for Hughes and they'd face a mixture of the support dividing into those who refuse to go back and those who go and scream for Yogi's head on a pike.

Frankly if that comes to pass it could set the club back years.

TrickyNicky
30-08-2010, 01:29 AM

if it doesn't rain it pours !

It's quite frightening to think how major a role the last couple of days of the transfer window can make.

Callum_62
30-08-2010, 02:53 AM
I seriously doubt by Tuesday evening we will be without Stokes, Riordan and Bamba.

If getting subbed is cause to throw a wobbler - then Deeks needs to grow up. he was subbed, maybe wrongly, get over it and prove in the next game your better that what you showed at St Mirren...lets face it, no one should have the right to complain after that performance (Bamba excluded maybe).

greenlex
30-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Silver shoorley this pish today(well yesterday actually) was heat of the moment stuff. Shoorly Yogi isn't that stupid that he wants rid if the only player capable of scoring goals and turning ganes. Shoorly no.

NOLA
30-08-2010, 03:33 AM
was deeks not injured against rangers? maybe the sub while baffling might explain somthing!

greenlex
30-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Not a squeek about it on the BBCScotland Sports bulletins on the way up the road this morning.

GlesgaeHibby
30-08-2010, 06:43 AM
I'd rather we didn't sell and anything less than £1.5m will be a joke. The thought of Hibs having a squad with 2 forwards in it doesn't make me particularly chuffed either.

If Stokes goes and their is no 'cat pulled out of the bag' before the transfer window closes then things will turn nasty among the fans.

2? Riordan and....?

If Riordan gets injured, all we have is Nish:bitchy:

According to the ever reliable source that is the Daily Ranger the fee is around £2m

down-the-slope
30-08-2010, 07:02 AM
:stirrer:

Brooster
30-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Yogi and Deeks will kiss and make up today after what happened yesterday, I'm sure of that.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2010, 07:25 AM
no need to be so patronising, sure we all feel like this at times, beaten by a crap team today and selling one of our best players. its very very frustrating..

not being patronising in the slightest......... The poster said Hibs were a ********* joke of a club, and he was depressed to be a Hibs supporter............ I am embarrassed for the poster, and he sounds nothing like a supporter:confused:

Jim44
30-08-2010, 07:32 AM

:agree: Hibernian Football Club..............Pathetic losers. That's all.

Betty Boop
30-08-2010, 07:46 AM
According to Kerrydale Street, the fee is only £800k. Surely that can't be right ? :confused:

RickyS
30-08-2010, 07:58 AM
According to Kerrydale Street, the fee is only £800k. Surely that can't be right ? :confused:

****in better not be:grr: it will probably be an un-disclosed fee anyway!

Toaods
30-08-2010, 07:59 AM

someone has just made that up...if we've agreed a fee already, Petrie has got the figure he wants.

Historically this is rarely as low as we would be getting for Stokes potential so sounds like guff.

Hibs90
30-08-2010, 07:59 AM

:faf:

sixtwo
30-08-2010, 08:02 AM

just had a peek and they know nothing.

£800k is not going to be acceptable to rod, unless they throw in two players aswell.

We allegedly paid between £500k-£800k for stokes. he scored 23 goals in one season and is still under contract for 2 years(iirc).

I reckon Rod will get £1.5m - £2m for stokes but the fee will be undisclosed as the celtic fans are still seething from the fact we took £4.4m off them for broony!

Toaods
30-08-2010, 08:05 AM
According to The Hootsman, the opening bid/steal offer was £800K.

Celtic made their interest in the Republic of Ireland striker public last week, and while their initial bid of around £800,000 fell significantly short of Hibs' valuation, it is understood that the two clubs are close to agreeing a figure for the 22-year old.

RickyS
30-08-2010, 08:07 AM
According to The Hootsman, the opening bid/steal offer was £800K.

Celtic made their interest in the Republic of Ireland striker public last week, and while their initial bid of around £800,000 fell significantly short of Hibs' valuation, it is understood that the two clubs are close to agreeing a figure for the 22-year old.

is it possible that Sky are wrong then and a fee has not been agreed?

ulises_trotter
30-08-2010, 08:07 AM
just had a peek and they know nothing.

£800k is not going to be acceptable to rod, unless they throw in two players aswell.

We allegedly paid between £500k-£800k for stokes. he scored 23 goals in one season and is still under contract for 2 years(iirc).

I reckon Rod will get £1.5m - £2m for stokes but the fee will be undisclosed as the celtic fans are still seething from the fact we took £4.4m off them for broony!

we paid nowt for him, yogi was in the paper last week saying in an interview that he has only ever spent £75k in total in his career on transfer fees and 50k of that was on alan gow when he was falkirk manager! so all these figures of we'v paid this and that, either yogi is talking tripe or we just dont pay cash for anyone!

Gala Foxes
30-08-2010, 08:11 AM
we paid nowt for him, yogi was in the paper last week saying in an interview that he has only ever spent £75k in total in his career on transfer fees and 50k of that was on alan gow when he was falkirk manager! so all these figures of we'v paid this and that, either yogi is talking tripe or we just dont pay cash for anyone!

we must have paid something for him whether it was by way of paying a contact off or paying a signing on fee

RickyS
30-08-2010, 08:13 AM

an everyday event at the moment

allezsauzee
30-08-2010, 08:15 AM
How about a straight swap for Broony? :devil:

Keith_M
30-08-2010, 08:19 AM

So why don't you p*ss off to Parkhead, where you obviously feel you belong.

"The Irish phrase tiocfaidh įr lį is attributed to Provisional IRA prisoner Bobby Sands, who uses it in several writings smuggled out of the Maze Prison It is the last sentence of the diary he kept of the 1981 hunger strike in which he died."

"Tiocfaidh Įr Lį (TĮL) is the name of a fanzine for Celtic F.C's Irish Republican ultras"

source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiocfaidh_%C3%A1r_l%C3%A1)

Or maybe you should just nip straight over to here (http://www.talfanzine.com/)

Hibs90
30-08-2010, 08:21 AM

"The Irish phrase tiocfaidh įr lį is attributed to Provisional IRA prisoner Bobby Sands, who uses it in several writings smuggled out of the Maze Prison It is the last sentence of the diary he kept of the 1981 hunger strike in which he died."

"Tiocfaidh Įr Lį (TĮL) is the name of a fanzine for Celtic F.C's Irish Republican ultras"

If were going by that logic, at least we know you are definatley a Hibee. The word 'keek' sums it all up right now.

Mikey
30-08-2010, 08:22 AM
is it possible that Sky are wrong then and a fee has not been agreed?

It's more likely that they've been asked to stop running the story. Any possible signings will be looking for a little more if they know for sure that we've pocketed several million quid!

RickyS
30-08-2010, 08:27 AM
It's more likely that they've been asked to stop running the story. Any possible signings will be looking for a little more if they know for sure that we've pocketed several million quid!

makes sense:agree:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
30-08-2010, 08:35 AM

Why would Sky care if Hibs ask them to stop running the story ? Surely they would take no notice of the request as its their job to report some kind of story. They would not care if Hibs have to pay a little more for a player ? I am guessing but maybe they jumped the gun and no deal has been agreed as yet - may still be but not just yet.

Aldo
30-08-2010, 08:40 AM
lets put it this way....RP will only sell a player if the price is right for him and the club...ENDOF.

O and it wont be for 800k.

ancienthibby
30-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Why would Sky care if Hibs ask them to stop running the story ? Surely they would take no notice of the request as its their job to report some kind of story. They would not care if Hibs have to pay a little more for a player ? I am guessing but maybe they jumped the gun and no deal has been agreed as yet - may still be but not just yet.

Looks like something IS going on though!

Even Radio Scotland has been utterly silent on the subject in every bulletin since 6 a.m. this morning. Even the Daily ******'s 'man in the beeb' (JimT) had nothing to say when he was on at 8.30.

Someone, somewhere has put out a gagging order.:agree:

Toaods
30-08-2010, 08:43 AM

:agree: SS don't give a tuppenny toss about Hibs and why should they?

Probably find the Celtic media connections were smug as as a bug in a rug thinking £800K secured Stokes before they realised how stupid they are and that only gets a courtesy return call from The Tache. Celtic choobs...:bye:

RickyS
30-08-2010, 08:44 AM
lets put it this way....RP will only sell a player if the price is right for him and the club...ENDOF.

O and it wont be for 800k.

I agree with you by the way but surely if Rod's only interest is whats best for the club then he tells them to **** off. we dont need the cash and he has 2 years left. Unless Stokes has done a Begovic on us:grr:

Ernie Cobra
30-08-2010, 08:44 AM
:boo hoo:

Or maybe you should just nip straight over to here (http://www.talfanzine.com/) :dummytit:

Your a bright one, did you look that up all on your own, your mother must be pleased as punch.......why on gods green earth did you feel you had to make a political/religious statement on this thread........He chose a name of Tiocfaidh Ar La, so ****ing what......i would relate that to the Scottish cup in all honesty :bye:

feel free to examine Ernie Cobra - Erin Go Bragh ??? perhaps does this offend you also?

RickyS
30-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Looks like something IS going on though!

Even Radio Scotland has been utterly silent on the subject in every bulletin since 6 a.m. this morning. Even the Daily ******'s 'man in the beeb' (JimT) had nothing to say when he was on at 8.30.

Someone, somewhere has put out a gagging order.:agree:

or its been blown out of proportion and is not a done deal yet? anyone live near E M to see if Stokes turns up for training?

HFC 0-7
30-08-2010, 08:46 AM
If Hibs sell out top goal scorer of last season to the opposition I think they need to be very clear as to why they done it, ie, it was silly money or that there was a clause in Stokes contract (that he wouldnt have signed unless it was there) that was met.

I know the board usually like to keep these goings on under the radar and like undisclosed a lot but the fans really need to start being included in the loop. Fans wont mind as much if we know there wasnt an option or there was a bid that we couldnt refuse.

If there wasnt a clause and the bid wasnt over 2.5 million I think the balance of how the club is being run has tipped far to far to the business end forgetting what the club really is, which is a football team and the aim is winning.

RickyS
30-08-2010, 08:47 AM
If Hibs sell out top goal scorer of last season to the opposition I think they need to be very clear as to why they done it, ie, it was silly money or that there was a clause in Stokes contract (that he wouldnt have signed unless it was there) that was met.

I know the board usually like to keep these goings on under the radar and like undisclosed a lot but the fans really need to start being included in the loop. Fans wont mind as much if we know there wasnt an option or there was a bid that we couldnt refuse.

If there wasnt a clause and the bid wasnt over 2.5 million I think the balance of how the club is being run has tipped far to far to the business end forgetting what the club really is, which is a football team and the aim is winning.
:top marks

At The Edge
30-08-2010, 09:06 AM
There maybe is no new news at the moment, Hibs/Celtic have agreed a transfer fee which is suitable to both clubs, the ball is now at feet of Stokes, he'll open talks with Celtic see what the deal is for himself, then take a medical, then Celtic will parade him in the Hoops...... if Stokes decides that the deal is right for him.

I'm 99% sure he's going to sign, more money, medals, boyhood heros etc etc
(but i maybe wrong here), This will be the first time that Celtic have actually been allowed to talk to Stokes face to face?

Keith_M
30-08-2010, 09:07 AM
If were going by that logic, at least we know you are definatley a Hibee. The word 'keek' sums it all up right now.

How true.

:greengrin

Keith_M
30-08-2010, 09:09 AM
:boo hoo: :dummytit:

Your a bright one, did you look that up all on your own, your mother must be pleased as punch.......why on gods green earth did you feel you had to make a political/religious statement on this thread........He chose a name of Tiocfaidh Ar La, so ****ing what......i would relate that to the Scottish cup in all honesty :bye:

feel free to examine Ernie Cobra - Erin Go Bragh ??? perhaps does this offend you also?

So, "Ireland forever", the original motto of Hibs, is the same as a motto initiated and used by members of the PIRA, as well as a Celtc fanzine?

:bye: Right back at ya!!

TheMentalHibees
30-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Sky Sports News saying ra Tic are "close" to agreeing a fee, not that they "have" agreed a fee. Regardless, I still expect to see Stokes' name emblazoned on a hooped rag before midnight Tuesday. Not believing the Sun or the ranger, as if they were both reliable, Stokes would have signed on Thursday.

EH6 Hibby
30-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Sky Sports News saying ra Tic are "close" to agreeing a fee, not that they "have" agreed a fee. Regardless, I still expect to see Stokes' name emblazoned on a hooped rag before midnight Tuesday. Not believing the Sun or the ranger, as if they were both reliable, Stokes would have signed on Thursday.

No it says they have agreed a fee.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6347325,00.html

Toaods
30-08-2010, 09:30 AM
no need to concern yourselves, once the time comes and he returns to ER in a minging hooped arserag Hoggy will have rediscovered his form and mark him out the game.

sixtwo
30-08-2010, 09:31 AM
no need to concern yourselves, once the time comes and he returns to ER in a minging hooped arserag Hoggy will have rediscovered his form and mark him out the game.

the very thought gives me the shivers!

CRAZYHIBBY
30-08-2010, 09:49 AM
i hate to keep saying this but he is defo going to celtic. Lennon wanted him as soon as he got the celtic job and stokes wants to go to celtic........we just have to hope that yogi has a striker, central defender and a midfielder up his sleeve

RickyS
30-08-2010, 09:56 AM
i hate to keep saying this but he is defo going to celtic. Lennon wanted him as soon as he got the celtic job and stokes wants to go to celtic........we just have to hope that yogi has a striker, central defender and a midfielder up his sleeve

if you knew then surely Yogi knew! use the cash to get Bryson fi Killie, a great prospect and a chance to get it up the Yams:greengrin

Gerard
30-08-2010, 10:06 AM
If any player wants to leave Hibs and go to another club I have no problem with that providing our club get the correct compensation. I want players who want to be at Hibs and if they want to play elsewhere, so be it.
Gerard

Magnifique
30-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Anybody got any info on what the agreed fee might be?

Boy at the bairns fitba yesterday said he heard 2 offers had been made and knocked back first £800,000 (manky REMOVED) and then £2.5m also knocked back, if true then it looks like £3m which id rip their manky hands off for

Barney McGrew
30-08-2010, 10:16 AM
we just have to hope that yogi has a striker, central defender and a midfielder up his sleeve

He has at least one striker and a central defender up his sleeve

GloryGlory
30-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Funny place to keep them, should they not be out on the pitch.

Barney McGrew
30-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Sky now reporting fee of £1.2m agreed

Hfc_Since1875
30-08-2010, 12:57 PM
:grr::grr: That must be a joke!!:grr:
£1.2 million??? for a 20 goal a season striker!!?!
Ridiculous!:grr::grr::grr::grr:

Westie1875
30-08-2010, 01:01 PM
1.2m? FFS, that better not be true.

H18sry
30-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Is that what Hibs get after Sunderland recieve there cut?

hibee92
30-08-2010, 01:03 PM

that can't be right! there must be add-ons/sell on fee or something! :grr:

Lmc2105
30-08-2010, 01:04 PM
this is just turning into a complete and utter shambles!!
1.2M for a 20 goal striker is just not right!!
and if what i am hearing about Riordan is true this is going to be a very bad time for us!:grr::boo hoo:

Spike Mandela
30-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Neil Lennon must be wetting himself. Get rid of Fortune, buy Stokes and pocket £1m or so.

Hearts fans must be absolutely pishing themselves at goings on at ER, how embarrassing is that:greengrin

TariqE
30-08-2010, 01:06 PM

Really depressing stuff. Poor money IMO.

And if rumours about Yogi wanting Riordan out the club are true, we are up to our necks in it.

If last season's Poor tactics + decent squad= struggling , then the coming season's poor tactics + poor squad will = real danger

RickyS
30-08-2010, 01:06 PM
that can't be right! there must be add-ons/sell on fee or something! :grr:

i thought we were in good hands! 1.2 million is daylight ****in robbery and we dont need the money. we were in the position of power in this. joke

TariqE
30-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Neil Lennon must be wetting himself. Get rid of Fortune, buy Stokes and pocket £1m or so.

Hearts fans must be absolutely pishing themselves at goings on at ER, how embarrassing is that:greengrin

Strange choice of smiley there Spike.

Barney McGrew
30-08-2010, 01:08 PM
we were in the position of power in this. joke

Not if we were the ones looking to get rid in the first place :cool2:

ArabHibee
30-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Not if we were the ones looking to get rid in the first place :cool2:

:agree: This is what I'm thinking as well.

M11BMO
£1.2M ?? Where's Petrie? Surely he wouldn't sanction such a deal?

Unless that's just the first installment and we're getting our other million after he hits 10 goals :devil:

Steve20
1.2M is a shocking price. :grr:

ionahibby
i thought we were in good hands! 1.2 million is daylight ****in robbery and we dont need the money. we were in the position of power in this. joke

A very strange one indeed 1.2m :grr: i get the impression petrie and co are eager to off load him

IWasThere2016
30-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Really depressing stuff. Poor money IMO.

And if rumours about Yogi wanting Riordan out the club are true, we are up to our necks in it.

If last season's Poor tactics + decent squad= struggling , then the coming season's poor tactics + poor squad will = real danger

RP must be happy with it ..

Tiocfaidh Ar La
30-08-2010, 01:12 PM
this is just turning into a complete and utter shambles!!
1.2M for a 20 goal striker is just not right!!
and if what i am hearing about Riordan is true this is going to be a very bad time for us!:grr::boo hoo:

That fee is laughable. I'm beyond angry right now. Where is our ambition selling to our direct competition for a ****ing pittance?!! WTF?!

Keekaboo - re your comments earlier, couldn't give two hoots about your go to parkhead to watch Celtic chat. I'm a passionate hibee. I've explained my username choice in the past. As a previous poster stated it refers to our Scottish cup history. I am however a hibee of staunch republican persuasion. Is it possible to support hibs and be of this mindset or do you have to be a ****ing Celtic supporter?! I don't like the weegie teams and celebrated galbraiths goal at parkhead like a mad man with the other hibees that made the midweek trip. I make no apologies for my username or my comments earlier. I'm depressed and pissed off at hibs just now. Your posts don't matter a **** to me.

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Petrie - 'I value him at £2.5m'

Hughes - 'I value him at more like £4m'

Let's sell him for just over a million then :confused:

This is a *** shambles. Celtic sell a striker who scored 10 goals last season for £2.5m. We sell a striker who scored 21 goals last season for £1.2m. Away to ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marinello59
1.2M is a shocking price. :grr:

Give it six months, the Celtic fans may well agree.

500miles
On past business it would appear that Petrie would not have sanctioned such a move if we were in an advantageous position. On this occassion, it would appear that we were not.

Barney McGrew
30-08-2010, 01:16 PM
That fee is laughable. I'm beyond angry right now. Where is our ambition selling to our direct competition for a ****ing pittance?!! WTF?!.

Given that selling anyone cheaply is not Petrie's usual modus operandi, then it would be fair to assume there's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

KeithTheHibby
It won't be 1.2m, Petrie would never let him leave for that price.

Like Sky Sports know anything more than we do!

TariqE
RP must be happy with it ..

I suppose so but I find that very strange.

I'm gonna go down to ER, get a hold of the Tacheman and DEMAND to know what he's done with the real Rod Petrie!

Andy74
Disappointed with that if true. Worth more to us here for 2 yrs.

flash
30-08-2010, 01:17 PM
It won't be 1.2m, Petrie would never let him leave for that price.

Like Sky Sports know anything more than we do!

Don't let that stop everyone getting apoplectic mind.

marinello59
30-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I suppose so but I find that very strange.

I'm gonna go down to ER, get a hold of the Tacheman and DEMAND to know what he's done with the real Rod Petrie!

He sold himself to Celtic. :agree:

Spike Mandela
30-08-2010, 01:18 PM
On past business it would appear that Petrie would not have sanctioned such a move if we were in an advantageous position. On this occassion, it would appear that we were not.

A stand to pay for. out of Europe before the schools go back, attendances down and nobody queuing up for our mediocre players maybe Hibs didn't have as strong a hand as many people think.

So much for the upward spiral!!

RickyS
30-08-2010, 01:18 PM

my thoughts exactly mate. i'm confused

Tiocfaidh Ar La
30-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Given that selling anyone cheaply is not Petrie's usual modus operandi, then it would be fair to assume there's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Maybe more info will follow that may change my mind. All the info I have though states we have sold a 20+ goal a season striker to one of our main rivals. Not good enough for me. What is the ambition of Hibernian FC? Is it to compete and win trophies? I can't see any sign of this squad competing for anything other than SPL survival.

Beefster
30-08-2010, 01:20 PM
If £1.2m is even close to the reality, it's a very strange one and Hibs will have to explain it eventually or pull a rabbit out of the hat with a quality signing in the next 24 hours.

paxtonhibby
30-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Maybe its something to do with the mythical sell on fee?Apart from that sounds like the smells are getting him for FA.

M11BMO
30-08-2010, 01:24 PM

I would have thought that as well. :agree:

But then again if we had rejected any decent bid for him he probably would have spat the :dummytit: and turned out to be a waste of space.

I think he probably had a move to Celtic on his mind the day he came to ER. :grr:

IndieHibby
30-08-2010, 01:24 PM
A stand to pay for. out of Europe before the schools go back, attendances down and nobody queuing up for our mediocre players maybe Hibs didn't have as strong a hand as many people think.

I'm beginning to wonder about you, 'Spike'.....:cool2:

Barney McGrew
30-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Maybe its something to do with the mythical sell on fee?Apart from that sounds like the smells are getting him for FA.

Doubt it.....it looks far more like we were looking to offload, and Celtc were the only club interested.

Chuckie
30-08-2010, 01:26 PM

:bye:

Woody1985
30-08-2010, 01:34 PM

I was thinking that as well. :greengrin

Back to the point, as others have said his eye was on a move to Celtic as soon as he got here. We got one good season out of him and we can't grumble at that. His move here was always a stepping stone whether we like it or not.

We all got what we wanted i.e. a good goalscorer for a season, a fee (admittedly not as high as we'd like according to the reported amounts) and Stokes gets his move. It would be great to keep him for another year but with speculated off field problems and the chance that he could spit the dummy if the move was turned down then we'll just have to accept it.

The best hope for us is that he doesn't get a game there because he could score 30 goals + easily for them.

And can we all stop calling Celtic our rivals. They're not our rivals and are a few steps up the ladder than us and every other team outwith Rangers. Until finance in the Scottish game changes dramitcally that will continue to be the case. Our best chance is for their decline from CL appearences and reduced support based on that.

We can close that gap over the next few years but it's going to take a lot of hard work from the management and getting players who are committed as well as the odd 'Stokes'.

Spike Mandela
30-08-2010, 01:35 PM

Wonder all you like Indie!!! Maybe being 'launched' would do me a favour:greengrin

Utterly disillusioned Hibby is the truth of the matter though mate.:boo hoo:

Crazyhorse
30-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Doubt it.....it looks far more like we were looking to offload, and Celtc were the only club interested.

Everyone seems to agree there was a clause in his contract. Maybe Petrie just held out until Celtic matched it.

I trust Petrie in any financial dealing to get the best possible outcome for Hibs - unfortunately he doesn't seem to have a clue how to get a decent manager in...

matty_f
30-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Don't let that stop everyone getting apoplectic mind.

I've literally just ***** myself with utter RAGE!

marinello59
30-08-2010, 01:40 PM

I can hardly type due to the blood boiling in my veins.:grr:
I am just naturally angry though.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 01:41 PM

Me too, i mean Gow to Swindon. :grr:

matty_f
30-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Me too, i mean Gow to Swindon. :grr:
Petrie:grr: Hughes:grr: SATAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!:grr::grr:

500miles
30-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Petrie:grr: Hughes:grr: SATAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!:grr::grr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYuRBSybUME:grr::grr:

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanq **** ah didnae buy a season ticket, wonder if they will be cheaper in the 1st division?

Greenblood70
30-08-2010, 02:39 PM

:agree:Yep, the usual mid season depression has certainly come early and with a vengeance this year.

Dunbar Hibee
30-08-2010, 03:01 PM
1.2 mil :hilarious what a ****in joke

Judas Iscariot
30-08-2010, 03:06 PM
So he still hasn't signed :cool2:

frazeHFC
30-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Dunno how long he has left on his contract, but if it is the same as Fletcher had, how can we get £4.4m for Brown, £3.5m for Fletcher but only around £1m for Stokes.

But if he has his heart set on Celtic, let the ****bag go and ruin his career.

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Dunno how long he has left on his contract, but if it is the same as Fletcher had, how can we get £4.4m for Brown, £3.5m for Fletcher but only around £1m for Stokes.

The only thing I can think of is he has/had a release clause in his contract.

DC_Hibs
30-08-2010, 03:23 PM
So he still hasn't signed :cool2:

The fee has been agreed as have personal terms but might take a few hours preparing him for the press conference.

This involves showing him videos of the Lisbon Lions and suchlike then being able to memorise the speech he has to give about it being a boyhood dream, how his family were all tramps etc etc

Riordans Boots
30-08-2010, 03:26 PM

On the bench :wink:

RickyS
30-08-2010, 03:29 PM
The fee has been agreed as have personal terms but might take a few hours preparing him for the press conference.

This involves showing him videos of the Lisbon Lions and suchlike then being able to memorise the speech he has to give about it being a boyhood dream, how his family were all tramps etc etc

not seen it reported that personal terms have been agreed, not that I expect money to be an issue

Hibernian Verse
30-08-2010, 03:30 PM
On the bench :wink:

Samaras, Murphy, Hooper.

Reckon it will be Stokes and Samaras. He can ruin his career if he likes...as long as we get around 2.5m

ancienthibby
30-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Why on earth do posters want to believe what's posted on Sky Sports??:bitchy:

Are they any better than the ****** and the sun.:confused:

When Hibs have something to say, they will do so and we can move on from there:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
30-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Why on earth do posters want to believe what's posted on Sky Sports??:bitchy:

Are they any better than the ****** and the sun.:confused:

When Hibs have something to say, they will do so and we can move on from there:greengrin

There is no way that it will be 1m.

1) Petrie wouldn't allow it.
2) It would've been done by now as they would just have offered the extra 200k needed, can't see personal terms being an issue.

JimBHibees
30-08-2010, 03:37 PM
The only thing I can think of is he has/had a release clause in his contract.

Certainly seems like it. Though I thought Yogi was wittering away about 2.5m.

bawheid
30-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Part of the deal is that Petrie has demanded the fee be reported artificially low. We have certain irons in the fire...

:wink:

Wilson
30-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Part of the deal is that Petrie has demanded the fee be reported artificially low. We have certain irons in the fire...

:wink:

Yogi should have his woods in the fire. Surely they would burn better? Seems he has got that tactically wrong as well.

3pm
30-08-2010, 04:15 PM
There's been a lot of variation with the fee because Hughes got the currency wrong.

Hibs90
30-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Must be add-ons surely or we have been ripped!

The_Todd
30-08-2010, 04:30 PM
not seen it reported that personal terms have been agreed, not that I expect money to be an issue

It was last time they tried to sign him.

Toaods
30-08-2010, 04:34 PM

Is that what Hibs get after Sunderland recieve there cut?

there are onyl two reasons why we would sell so cheaply(it is common knowledge that Sunderland would be due a bung):

1. The price was a 'buys straight out regardless of bidder' value.

2. Petrie thinks the contract could have a nil value for some reason...:wink:

3. The price is a way of paying less to Sunderland, ie Celtic will release one or two players who will sign for us as though there is no connectionto the Stokes deal.

Ernie Cobra
30-08-2010, 04:39 PM
So, "Ireland forever", the original motto of Hibs, is the same as a motto initiated and used by members of the PIRA, as well as a Celtc fanzine?

:bye: Right back at ya!!

Oh so boring.......sooo soooo tedious and boring......you bore me, i am bored, bored bored bored, sack the board!:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

did i mention you're a bore!

BroxburnHibee
30-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Can we try to debate the point without resorting to the personal stuff guys please.

basehibby
30-08-2010, 04:41 PM
£1.2M definately seems on the cheap side for a striker with a 20 odd goal season just behind him - if this is the fee I think we deserve an explanation.

the_ginger_hibee
30-08-2010, 04:46 PM
It will be undisclosed so the debate will continue. Hopefully just until the agm in September.

Optimistic side might say it will be to throw any clubs that we are negotiating with but I think Duffy will be our lot.

RoYO!
30-08-2010, 04:51 PM
£1.2M definately seems on the cheap side for a striker with a 20 odd goal season just behind him - if this is the fee I think we deserve an explanation.

how much would 40+ goals over the course of the next 2 seasons be worth to the club? Euro hopes now totly screwed as well as cup run chances really hammered

Golden Bear
30-08-2010, 04:56 PM
So without reading my way thru this entire thread, has it now been CONFIRMED that Stokes has actually signed for the smelly gits?

Brooster
30-08-2010, 05:10 PM
So without reading my way thru this entire thread, has it now been CONFIRMED that Stokes has actually signed for the smelly gits?

No it hasnt been confirmed but he is defo going, he left EM for the last time today.

jakedance
30-08-2010, 05:12 PM
It's disappointing news but, ach well, players come and players go. We've seen it all before.

Hopefully Yogi can bring in another couple of players to make the squad a bit more balanced and make us harder to beat.

Expectations for the season to come are low but they were anyway. I'm finding it hard to be that bothered to be honest, Mr Petrie has finally broken me and I submit to the power of his tache.

hibiedude
30-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Scotland today says medical tomorrow so it's bye bye stokes

wait till yogi put his spin on things as for a transfer fee anything less that 2 million is cheap

why do we keep sending our best players up the M8

sundo1875
30-08-2010, 05:18 PM

He is having a medical tomorow then that will be it

Captain Trips
30-08-2010, 05:20 PM
So to clarify, Hibs take the risk that Stokes can perform and offer him a few years contract and the player himself had no real other option but to see what happened, we take the risks and get 1 season out of the player whom has proved to be SPL higher standards. 1 season for our risks is utter pish IMO and Hibs deserved better.

We then get involved in accepting offers from Celtic whom we play in this league to take him after we take the risks, the Celtic risk is now very minimal as he will more than likely score a lot of goals and it appears all of this for less than they normally pay for some untried clown, now no matter whom we sign we have bosted Celtics strikeforce with very little effort needed on there front with it likely we will see Stokes score against us.

£1.2m I hear maybe fee but this post is the same if it was £2m, it makes aboslutley no sense at all to sell your top scorer to that mob, I dont give a **** about Stokes being unhappy if we said no, he would have realised soon enough there would be no moves at all so IMO would have still done ok for us. The new stand shows growth this news shows very little bottle or ambition on park. IMO it is a ****ing disgusting deal.

I wonder if Hibs offered a reach around before or after the deal being accepted.

Westie1875
30-08-2010, 05:28 PM
If the fee really is as low as is being reported then what on earth was the point in all the posturing done over the past couple of days by Yogi quoting a value of £4m? It just makes us look like a bunch of morons. :bitchy:

the_ginger_hibee
30-08-2010, 05:32 PM
No matter what the fee ends up being, Celtic will eventually sell him for more than they paid, regardless how well he does. (See Fortune deal)

yekimevol
30-08-2010, 05:37 PM
1.2 million for the leagues second highest goal scorer last season !!!!!!

who is dealing with the transfer cause it cannot be the tash :grr::grr::grr::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

steviecarnie
30-08-2010, 05:41 PM
1.2 million for the leagues second highest goal scorer last season !!!!!!

who is dealing with the transfer cause it cannot be the tash :grr::grr::grr::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

BBC says £800k, thats gotta be wrong surely.

Cabbage1875
Did my ears decieve me there or did Dougie Vipond just say the fee was 800k?

Gatecrasher
No matter what the fee ends up being, Celtic will eventually sell him for more than they paid, regardless how well he does. (See Fortune deal)

hopefully we have a sell on fee

Hiber-nation
30-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Around £800,000 according to Reporting Scotland!!!

Lmc2105
30-08-2010, 05:42 PM

:agree: around 800k maybe the 1.2M is to give to sunderland as well and maybe we only get the 800k if thats the case what a total and utter shambles :grr:

euro Hibby
30-08-2010, 05:45 PM
trust in Petrie - he will get all he can get !

stevie-bee
30-08-2010, 05:46 PM
heard Bamba is away to ,hibs are trying to get 3 new players in.2 of our best players away

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Just heard that aswell. What an utter joke if that is true

HibeePaj
30-08-2010, 05:54 PM
im never really worried when it comes down to negotiations at hibs as fell we are in very safe hinads with the Tache, however i read earlier on in the week that Hibs turned down 750,000 ,, however it now looks like we have come to settle on 800,000 .

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

BEEJ
30-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Usually they do, but they made a loss of £1.5m on Fortune.

Brando7
30-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Usually they do, but they made a loss of £1.5m on Fortune.

Thought that, no way they would have got £3.8million back for him

The Harp
30-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Is the Tache on holiday??? Has he left someone in charge who isn't up to the job??? :confused:
There must be some explanation as to why we've allowed our top marksman, the 2nd top scorer in the premier last season, to leave for a paltry £800k! After the good deals secured before letting Brown and Thomson, looks like we've turned the clock back with this one. Just the sort of price that will have Celtic coming back again and again