PDA

View Full Version : BYRNE and BOOTH

Love the Green
29-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Surley these guys can add more to the current team than we have at the moment?
I know they are young and need competative matches to develop but Booth is a better LB than Hanlon will ever be, skillfull and pacey.Kurtis has pace great finisher and has the confidence and arrogance that would do well in the very modest SPL.

Consrtuctive thoughts please.

"keep the faith"

3pm
29-08-2010, 06:39 PM
In the fleeting glimpses I have seen of Byrne, he's not the solution.

If we replace Hughes, and do it properly, don't underestimate the impact a half decent manager could have on the current group.

IWasThere2016
29-08-2010, 06:43 PM
In the fleeting glimpses I have seen of Byrne, he's not the solution.

If we replace Hughes, and do it properly, don't underestimate the impact a half decent manager could have on the current group.

I'd play KB before Nish and on the second point :agree:

Aldo
29-08-2010, 06:50 PM
We have to remember that Hanlon is a CH.

Next door neighbour is a East Fife fan and he has been raving about Byrne and thought he was once again excellent yesterday..taking his goals well. Movement etc.

I know it is a couple of leagues below but I hope the lad keeps knocking them in and when he comes back in Jan into the 1st squad and given a chance.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I know they are young and need competative matches to develop but Booth is a better LB than Hanlon will ever be, skillfull and pacey.Kurtis has pace great finisher and has the confidence and arrogance that would do well in the very modest SPL.

"keep the faith"

Would leave both of them out on loan as originally planned. Delighted to see them performing well, but it was at a level far below even todays game, they will gain a lot more from a proper loan spell.

Murray has to be our first choice left back, far better than Hanlon and def better than the unknown of booth.

Love the Green
29-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Would leave both of them out on loan as originally planned. Delighted to see them performing well, but it was at a level far below even todays game, they will gain a lot more from a proper loan spell.

Murray has to be our first choice left back, far better than Hanlon and def better than the unknown of booth.

How well known and at what age did Wallace begin playing for "the dogs"..17 or 18 I believe. Just look at him now best LB in SPL and he had some dodgey games whilst learning his trade.

"keep the faith"

3pm
29-08-2010, 06:57 PM
TQM - there is nowt to suggest KB would offer anymore than Nish. The young lad wouldn't cope in this team every week as things stand. We're fragile and it's no place for a kid.

I was watching Hanlon today, albeit out of his position, but this laddie is not progressing as he should. Same with Spoony. This shambles that Hughes is leading is draining people of confidence - young Byrne would suffer the same fate.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2010, 07:02 PM
[/SIZE]

How well known and at what age did Wallace begin playing for "the dogs"..17 or 18 I believe. Just look at him now best LB in SPL and he had some dodgey games whilst learning his trade.

"keep the faith"

Ridiculous to me that we would contemplate displacing our most consistant player for someone who has had a good week in th third division. If he was that strong a candidate at the start of the season he would not have been loaned out.

I go back to my same point as I have made many times, since the start of the season we have not had our best back four which has to be hart / hanlon / bamba / murray, end of.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2010, 07:05 PM
[/SIZE]

"keep the faith"

PS How well do you think a 17/18 year old would cope with deek playing in front of him. Whilst the best striker on our books in the position he is playing he defenisve play has been highlighted by being weak - not a criticism of him, he should not be playing in a left midfield slot.

Murray and wallace two very different left backs, Murray far stronger defensively, Wallace can only go forward. We would leak three goals a game down that flank with that proposed setup.

Love the Green
29-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Ridiculous to me that we would contemplate displacing our most consistant player for someone who has had a good week in th third division. If he was that strong a candidate at the start of the season he would not have been loaned out.

I go back to my same point as I have made many times, since the start of the season we have not had our best back four which has to be hart / hanlon / bamba / murray, end of.

Yes but who judged him the CLOWN we have managing us who could not spot a player at a Barcelona traing session.

"keep the faith"

Jones28
29-08-2010, 08:59 PM

Byrne didnt have a chance to prove himself though.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Yes but who judged him the CLOWN we have managing us who could not spot a player at a Barcelona traing session.

"keep the faith"

He is the same guy that brought miller and stokes to the club so lets be honest he cant be that bad. If these boys were good enough / ready they would be there.

PeterboroHibee
29-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Would rather Byrne was left out on loan unless we really are short up front (if for some reason Yogi doesnt bring in enough players). Hes going to get much more experience starting every week and if hes banging in the goals, it will be better for his overall development.

down-the-slope
29-08-2010, 09:39 PM

"keep the faith"

Based on previous experience of other loanees and the current lack of patience of a majority of the Hibs support I would leave them where they are until at least Jan......