PDA

View Full Version : Play the right 11 yogi

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Yogi really has to get rid of Hogg and Nish now, then start with Riordan up front, not wide left, or he will be out on his erse. He also needs to inject some pace in the side, especially up front and in midfield. Get Stephens in at centre back, he's pacy can play a bit and is good in the air, all the things Hogg is ****in useless at. Hopefully Hart is back for the next game, and if we cant get a new left back Hanlon it is. Wotherspoon wide right, McBride Miller and Galbraith Riordan and Stokes. Obviously if Stokes goes, we will need a replacement. But never should Nish and Hogg wear a Hibs shirt ever again.

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 06:05 PM
And right formation...

How long will it take him to realise that 4-4-3 does not work. The fact he played 4-4-2 last week and then reverted back to 4-4-3 again today is depressing.

FitbaFolkKen
29-08-2010, 06:08 PM
And right formation...

How long will it take him to realise that 4-4-3 does not work. The fact he played 4-4-2 last week and then reverted back to 4-4-3 again today is depressing.

Unfortunate typo there....:wink:

But I agree 4-3-3 is pants

Bishop Hibee
29-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Hogg and Nish weren't our worst players today, de Graff and Thicot were.

In fact I'd go as far to say Hogg along with Bamba, Brown (who had nothing to do) and Miller were the players with pass marks today.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Yogi really has to get rid of Hogg and Nish now, then start with Riordan up front, not wide left, or he will be out on his erse. He also needs to inject some pace in the side, especially up front and in midfield. Get Stephens in at centre back, he's pacy can play a bit and is good in the air, all the things Hogg is ****in useless at. Hopefully Hart is back for the next game, and if we cant get a new left back Hanlon it is. Wotherspoon wide right, McBride Miller and Galbraith Riordan and Stokes. Obviously if Stokes goes, we will need a replacement. But never should Nish and Hogg wear a Hibs shirt ever again.

IMO we need nish up front as deek on his own will win nothing. I would have hanlon at centre half and murray at left back everytime, along with hart and bamba that is our best back four.

If we can get deek and nish up front and someone to play on the left so he does not ram deek there for the sake of it then I think we will be a lot stronger as a team. Galbraith has to be given a chance ahead of wotherspoon.

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 06:10 PM
And right formation...

Yip i did mean to say that too. I feel the 4-3-3 worked fine against Motherwell when Hart was playing, as he does give the 3 in the middle help by joining in, but with the players available today, and with both full backs slower than a week in saughton, 4-3-3 will never work.:boo hoo: And he needs to see that.

Amit
29-08-2010, 06:10 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Hart
CB - Bamba
CB - Hanlon
LB - Murray
RM - Wotherspoon
CM - Miller
DM - McBride
LM - Galbraith
FW - Riordan
FW - Stokes

If we were to get another LB then I would push Murray into the defensive midfield position as I still do not rate McBottle.

500miles
29-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Dinnae kid yourself on BH, the problem is worse than replacing Hogg and Nish. The fact is that some of our top players who we rely on - Bamba and Riordan being the culprits today - can't be trusted to go out and perform.

Bamba's galavanting up the park and giving the ball away. By all means, run into space, but don't over elaborate! Hogg played better than he did today, playing most his football along the deck.

Riordan, apart from giving the ball away and a couple of set peices, was totally invisible. He was doing so well prior to this, so I hope it's simply a blip in fulfilling his potential, but he was awful today, less effective than Nish, who at least got on with the job of the auxiliary forward with some good balls in, and knocking the ball on etc.

I get the horrible feeling that you're trying to deflect criticism from Yogi by using the usual scapegoats.

We've got two weeks to take that lot, kick some of thier *****, and encourage the others forward.

I thought Miller was top man today, but was one of the ones that couldn't be trusted to perform at the end of last season.

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Yip i did mean to say that too. I feel the 4-3-3 worked fine against Motherwell when Hart was playing, as he does give the 3 in the middle help by joining in, but with the players available today, and with both full backs slower than a week in saughton, 4-3-3 will never work.:boo hoo: And he needs to see that.

I'm not convinced Blackpool.

I feel it just leaves us too exposed defensively. We could have easily been 3 down at half time against Motherwell.

Last week against the vermin we look far more compact and solid.

Today and multiple examples last season suggest that 4-3-3 does not work. We just don't have the quality and type of players to benefit from it.

Chelsea play it to perfection. I know its an elaborate example but look at the type of players they utilise for it.

- Strong target man (Drogba)
- Pacey wingers (Malouda)
- Full backs that can get forward (Cole)

We have no players in our squad that have these attributes which is why we've seen so many examples of why 4-3-3 doesn't work.

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Dinnae kid yourself on BH, the problem is worse than replacing Hogg and Nish. The fact is that some of our top players who we rely on - Bamba and Riordan being the culprits today - can't be trusted to go out and perform.

Bamba's galavanting up the park and giving the ball away. By all means, run into space, but don't over elaborate! Hogg played better than he did today, playing most his football along the deck.

Riordan, apart from giving the ball away and a couple of set peices, was totally invisible. He was doing so well prior to this, so I hope it's simply a blip in fulfilling his potential, but he was awful today, less effective than Nish, who at least got on with the job of the auxiliary forward with some good balls in, and knocking the ball on etc.

I get the horrible feeling that you're trying to deflect criticism from Yogi by using the usual scapegoats.

We've got two weeks to take that lot, kick some of thier *****, and encourage the others forward.

I thought Miller was top man today, but was one of the ones that couldn't be trusted to perform at the end of last season.

Not at all, i lay todays defeat right on Yogi's doorstep. Continually playing players who are hopeless is starting to tell on the results. I thought he'd have replaced both by now, when its been clear to me they were the weakest links. But no nothing, we are still playing the duds.

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm not convinced Blackpool.

I feel it just leaves us too exposed defensively. We could have easily been 3 down at half time against Motherwell.

Last week against the vermin we look far more compact and solid.

Today and multiple examples last season suggest that 4-3-3 does not work. We just don't have the quality and type of players to benefit from it.

Chelsea play it to perfection. I know its an elaborate example but look at the type of players they utilise for it.

- Strong target man (Drogba)
- Pacey wingers (Malouda)
- Full backs that can get forward (Cole)

We have no players in our squad that have these attributes which is why we've seen so many examples of why 4-3-3 doesn't work.

I'd rather we played 4-4-2, but can see the 4-3-3 doing fine in this league for us, but only when we have everyone fit.

Mikey
29-08-2010, 06:20 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Hart
CB - Bamba
CB - Hanlon
LB - Murray
RM - Wotherspoon
CM - Miller
DM - McBride
LM - Galbraith
FW - Riordan
FW - Stokes

If we were to get another LB then I would push Murray into the defensive midfield position as I still do not rate McBottle.

That team would win a lot more than it would lose. He's not going to change now though.

500miles
29-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Not at all, i lay todays defeat right on Yogi's doorstep. Continually playing players who are hopeless is starting to tell on the results. I thought he'd have replaced both by now, when its been clear to me they were the weakest links. But no nothing, we are still playing the duds.

Then why, even with them as the weak links, were the players around them so poor today? Bamba looks like he knows he is in the shop window, Riordan was anonymous, Wotherspoon had some good touches, but gave the ball away too often, De Graff wanted far too much time to do anything. Hogg done very little wrong today, and Nish knocked plenty of balls on, and played a lovely ball to stokes, and a perfect one to Riordan who seemed to stutter in disapproval as it meant hitting the bi-line.

Why are his big players letting him down? Is there a lack of respect? Miller seemed to play well, and Stokes, although below par, came to life a couple of times, and tried to get invovled. I don't think the top players fear Yogi enough. And that is HIS fault - the youngsters and squad players want to impress him, perhaps too much at times, but the first names on the teamsheet know exactly what they are, and feel untouchable.

Perhaps a few lesser, but hungrier players getting a start, and forcing the "stars" into a supporting role for a game or two would put the fear of God into them.

Love the Green
29-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Hello Blackpoolhibs..have read many of your posts so thought I would asl where is the pace in the team you have picked?

"keep the faith"

IWasThere2016
29-08-2010, 06:38 PM
GK - Brown
RB - Hart
CB - Bamba
CB - Hanlon
LB - Murray
RM - Wotherspoon
CM - Miller
DM - McBride
LM - Galbraith
FW - Riordan
FW - Stokes

That team would win a lot more than it would lose. He's not going to change now though.

:agree:

DAVE1875
29-08-2010, 06:41 PM
A 4-1-3-2 formation for me. Left to right

GK: Brown

RB: Hart
CB: Stephens
CB: Bamba
LB: Hanlon (If we don't bring someone in by tuesday)

DM: Murray (C)
RM: Wotherspoon
CM: Miller
LM: Galbraith (Again unless we bring someone in before tuesday, not bloody likey though :brickwall)

FW: Riordan
FW: Stokes

play experience, youth, experience, youth at the back

Murray at defensive midfield to help out the defenders & hopefully stop any opposition attacks before they start.

500miles
29-08-2010, 06:42 PM

You could walk down through the left hand side of the attack, and cut into Hanlon's space for the last 30 yards, and not know that there was a football match going on on a day like today.

1987green
29-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Having watched Norwich City youth team for 3 years let me tell you that Stephens aint all that great. A big lad yes but football ability not as good as you seem to think. Can't understand the stick Hanlon gets on here at times and as for Nish he is the worst number 9 ever to pull on a Hibs shirt

JimBHibees
29-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Why dont we play Bamba with Hanlon or Murray with the other playing full back. Hogg's continual weakness as a player and especially as a captain is taking IMO Yogi to a P45. He needs to make some difficult decisions now.

Dirkster23
29-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Nice try BH, but as 500miles says it's obvious your struggling to defend Yogi so trying to get people on side by blaming the usual suspects. You missed out Rankin btw :wink:

You can change the players all you want, it's Yogi sticking to a style of play that doesn't work that's causing the problems. Only one person to blame there, eh?

At the tail end of last season you kept saying Yogi needed the transfer window to address the weak area's of the team. By your own admission he's not done this (still a couple of days left though). Who's to blame here?

You say De Graf's never a football player- who signed him? Who's decision was it to make Hogg Club captain?

4 wins- 3 draws- 12 defeats in our last 19 league games! you still sticking to Yogi moving us forward in the right direction:bitchy:

KiddA
29-08-2010, 07:52 PM

Could not agree more BH I know I have debated Hogg to death recently but again today at fault for there goal in the build up, I don't think he left the ground to challenge. Also with two minutes left he won the ball from there tired striker and ran 15-20 yards and made a square pass to Murray then jogged back :confused: the captains job is to drive the team on, this guy is a utter joke as a player and captain You are spot on this will cost Yogi his job sooner or later. If Yogi is smart he will change it now but something tells me he wont :yawn:

As for Nish he is like Bambi on ice but Yogi keeps persisting with him :yawn: I said on another thread he reminds me of Paul Tosh and the scary thing is I don't think I am far away.

Yes there are others but these two are consistently bad FACT :agree:

Shrekko
29-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice try BH, but as 500miles says it's obvious your struggling to defend Yogi so trying to get people on side by blaming the usual suspects. You missed out Rankin btw :wink:

You can change the players all you want, it's Yogi sticking to a style of play that doesn't work that's causing the problems. Only one person to blame there, eh?

At the tail end of last season you kept saying Yogi needed the transfer window to address the weak area's of the team. By your own admission he's not done this (still a couple of days left though). Who's to blame here?

You say De Graf's never a football player- who signed him? Who's decision was it to make Hogg Club captain?

4 wins- 2 draws- 12 defeats in our last 19 league games! you still sticking to Yogi moving us forward in the right direction:bitchy:

:top marks

Absolutely embarrassing anyone thinking that all problems are solved by dropping 2 of our less talented players. Especially seeing as we dont have anyone else obviously better to come in- and even if we did they'd still be part of a team devoid of any idea's and inspiration.

The question that should be getting asked is why NONE of our players are performing- yes even those world beaters who are apparently exempt from blame (probably because they have to play with the 3 scapegoats going by some folks logic).

Mind you I think BH may be due a change of persona soon anyway :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Hello Blackpoolhibs..have read many of your posts so thought I would asl where is the pace in the team you have picked?

"keep the faith"

With the players we currently have Stephens would come in at the back, he's quick. Wotherspoon and Galbraith wide on both flanks. Up front we dont have any pace, Stokes replacement has to have some pace. IMHO we need to bring in a few players, but Nish and Hogg should never play again, and another couple of players like De Naff and Murray should be getting their arse kicked big time, and possible replacements sought ASAP.

Bamba will be off soon, maybe even this window, thats another that will need replaced, its not looking good.

Expecting Rain
30-08-2010, 11:33 AM

Yogi doesn`t know his best 11 BH, neither does he know how to get the best out of what he has, nor does he know how to balance his team, he must surely know that certain players are going to get him the boot.