PDA

View Full Version : Any quotes from the wise one yet?

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Had a look online but cant see any Yogi aftermatch thoughts. Anyone catch any radio interview and if so what did he say?

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Had a look online but cant see any Yogi aftermatch thoughts. Anyone catch any radio interview and if so what did he say?

Said it was a fantastic day for football...... Just a pity we did not play any

marinello59
29-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Said it was a fantastic day for football...... Just a pity we did not play any
:tee hee:

Andy74
29-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Said we were playing with about 7 men as the others didn't turn up. Thought stokes was playing with stuff on his mind and if it was his last game he failed to deliver a bang which Hughes felt he was owed with their relationship.

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Said we were playing with about 7 men as the others didn't turn up. Thought stokes was playing with stuff on his mind and if it was his last game he failed to deliver a bang which Hughes felt he was owed with their relationship.

Did he sound annoyed or fed up or let down or just a degree of acceptance.

Andy74
29-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Let down I thought. Said again that we need at least two new players even if noone leaves.

DC_Hibs
29-08-2010, 05:41 PM

Pretty sure that most of the fans who went through would have delivered a bang to Hughes given the chance.

Big Dumpling.

Amit
29-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Did he not say the usual "can't fault the boys cause of the effort they've given me since I have been at the club"..

Usual bs... Hughes needs to leave in this transfer window.. no idea of how to setup a team to win a match or how to adapt when teams change their system or find holes in ours...

He doesn't even know what his strongest 11 is.... clueless....

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 05:46 PM
expect there was a bit that went "I can't ask any more of these laddies"

Andy74
29-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Nope didn't say any of that as I recall. Said it wasn't good enough.

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Well at least he got something right today.

JimBHibees
29-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Very unfair to have singled out Stokes, given Yogi's highly motivational quotes about cutting Stokes's balls off this morning if he started playing up. If he thought Stokes was so poor why leave him on and take Deek off.

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 05:55 PM

a more realistic after match interview than that after the Ross County replay than - at least that is something

Golden Bear
29-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Sadly I don't think it matters a damn whom we sign or don't sign.

Yogi will not be able manage the players effectively so I'd rather use any funds we may have to pay off his contract and hopefully attract a real football manager.

Feed McGraw
29-08-2010, 05:56 PM
He said something about the FOOTBALL match, which is something he says all the time, presumably to remind us that is what we are supposed to be watching.

easty
29-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Very unfair to have singled out Stokes, given Yogi's highly motivational quotes about cutting Stokes's balls off this morning if he started playing up. If he thought Stokes was so poor why leave him on and take Deek off.

Steady on lad, it was quite clearly a joke, even if you couldnt see that I bet Stokes did.

And I bet Stokes did have a lot on his mind, so I think its totally fair to have pointed that out.

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Let down I thought. Said again that we need at least two new players even if noone leaves.

Oh someone will be leaving allright. :agree:

Spike Mandela
29-08-2010, 06:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8953697.stm

Beefster
29-08-2010, 06:33 PM

It was as a result of a leading question from Chick Young so Hughes' mistake was answering the question rather than singling out Stokes.

If Hughes thinks 7 players actually played acceptably though, he's kidding himself.

Criswell
29-08-2010, 11:39 PM
the problems don't arise because his brain is not connected to his mouth, they arise because his brain is connected to his mouth

Septimus
31-08-2010, 11:42 AM
He sounded very disillusioned to me. Implied that four of five were not really trying.