PDA

View Full Version : Today's game-- Player ratings

lucky
29-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Looking at today's game and trying to be objective --here is a few observations

Brown-- 6 looks decent enough but must be given a run of games

Thicot-- 4 is never a right back, why play him there when he has not played for so long

Bamba-- 7 Hibs rock we are in serious trouble when he leaves.

Hogg-- 4 not a good captain or player. really needs to move on.

Hanlon-- 4 Again never a full back. It is unfair to keep playing him there. Ian Murray was available and should have started.

Miller--- 5 excellent player but needs some support. looks lost with out McBride

De Graaf-- 3 if Rankin performed in the way he has we would all demanding he is banned from ER. Does not look fit and is not a box to box player. Away by Xmas.

Wotherspoon--3 has lost his way completely. Needs a rest then when he gets his chance again he must play in the one position

Deeks 5-- Don't know how he got hooked when others were a lot worse. Play him upfront and get signed on a new contract

Nish --2 I really don't know what he is supposed to bring to the team. Has a poor first touch and cant jump or hold the ball up. He is dire

Stokes--4 looked a threat when got the ball. Will score goal galore if he gets of the bench at Parkhead

Subs.
Galbraith 4--looks ok going forward but never a left back. would like him to start a few games

Rankin 2 don't know if he touched the ball but tries hard but just not very good

Murray 4 - did not a lot when he came on.

Yogi 1-- Played Thicot, Hanlon, Deeks, De Graaf, Galbraith and Wotherspoon out of position and baffled everyone by taking of Deeks. Also this 4-3-3 does not WORK. The clock is ticking on his Hibs management career.

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Thicot (minus 10)

Wotherspiniesta
29-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Brown - 6... Decent
Thicot- 2... Terrible
Hogg- 2... Terrible
Bamba- 7... Solid
Hanlon- 5... Decent
Wotherspoon- 2... Terrible
Miller- 6... Decent
De Graaf- 1... Terrible
Riordan- 5... Decent
Nish- 2... Teribble
Stokes- 4... Terribly Decent

Galbraith- 6... Lively
Murray- 4... Meh
Rankin- 2 ... Meh

Andy74
29-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Miller was head and shoulders above the rest.

Nish must be moved on along with Thicot and Stevenson at least. And Hogg just isn't going to take us where we should be either.

3pm
29-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Fair lucky, would nudge Miller and possibly Riordan up a mark. Generally, we're murder.

Brooster
29-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Brown, Hogg, Bamba and Miller are the only ones getting pass marks from me today. Thicot and Nish were atrocious.

CraigK
29-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Anyone think that Miller would make a decent captain?

3pm
29-08-2010, 04:47 PM
It's the same ones who get pass marks. The rest should go to Cowdenbeath. Then again, they might not get a game judging by what I watched this afternoon.

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Think we missed McBride today.

Jones28
29-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Brown, Hogg, Bamba and Miller are the only ones getting pass marks from me today. Thicot and Nish were atrocious.

Finally someone talking sense! Hogg was half decent, he has defo become a scapegoat for EVERYTHING :bitchy:

Jones28
29-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Looking at today's game and trying to be objective --here is a few observations

Brown-- 6 looks decent enough but must be given a run of games

Thicot-- 4 is never a right back, why play him there when he has not played for so long

Bamba-- 7 Hibs rock we are in serious trouble when he leaves.

Hogg-- 4 not a good captain or player. really needs to move on.

Hanlon-- 4 Again never a full back. It is unfair to keep playing him there. Ian Murray was available and should have started.

Miller--- 5 excellent player but needs some support. looks lost with out McBride

De Graaf-- 3 if Rankin performed in the way he has we would all demanding he is banned from ER. Does not look fit and is not a box to box player. Away by Xmas.

Wotherspoon--3 has lost his way completely. Needs a rest then when he gets his chance again he must play in the one position

Deeks 5-- Don't know how he got hooked when others were a lot worse. Play him upfront and get signed on a new contract

Nish --2 I really don't know what he is supposed to bring to the team. Has a poor first touch and cant jump or hold the ball up. He is dire

Stokes--4 looked a threat when got the ball. Will score goal galore if he gets of the bench at Parkhead

Subs.
Galbraith 4--looks ok going forward but never a left back. would like him to start a few games

Rankin 2 don't know if he touched the ball but tries hard but just not very good

Murray 4 - did not a lot when he came on.

Yogi 1-- Played Thicot, Hanlon, Deeks, De Graaf, Galbraith and Wotherspoon out of position and baffled everyone by taking of Deeks. Also this 4-3-3 does not WORK. The clock is ticking on his Hibs management career.

How has Murray got 2 points above Rankin when they both did nothing?

Hibbie_Cameron
29-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I thought Hogg was good today

Toaods
29-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Brown - my preferred choice of the three available 5

Thicot - best to go separate ways now 3

Hogg - looked a bit more positive today, easily beaten at the goal 4

Bamba - fed up with the hiders in the team, can understand why he wants out 6

Hanlon - not up to much 3

Wotherspoon - brutal 2

Miller - looked to link up but lack of options too often 5

de Graaf - another poor game 2

Nish - can't understand why he fails to compete for balls in flight so often 3

Deek - only threat, gets no help from Stokes, cringeworthy substitution 5

Stokes - rather have a big transfer fee in and a solid replacement 3

Yogi - for wearing a suit 1

RoxburghHibs
Never quite understood how this scoring out of 10 works. So going on the baseline of 6 is average

Brown - 7 I lke the look of Brown - he looks an all round solid keeper
Thicot- 4 Very poor today
Hogg- 5 Not good enough
Bamba- 7... Our best player today (not difficult mind you)
Hanlon- 5 Poor distribution
Wotherspoon- 4 100% effort/great atitude but struggling since turn of year
Miller- 7 Was our best midfielder but needs help!
De Graaf- 4 Looks off the pace - more to come?
Riordan- 6 looked a threat at set pieces
Nish- 3 How does he get a game for us?
Stokes- 5 I thought he gave 100% effort but very little service

Galbraith- 7 Looked lively and worth a start soon
Murray- 6 solid but nt enough time
Rankin - 6 Not enough time

lucky
Cos its john rankin the clue is in his name

500miles
29-08-2010, 05:39 PM
The team played poorly as a whole today, but the old favourites get thier marks notched up simply for being favourites, and the scapegoats get knocked all the harder.
Bamba tried to show off too often, Riordan was invisible if we didn't have set peices.

Hogg had a couple of long balls, but when he had the option, he was playing it along the deck. There was one point when he got the ball straight back 3 or 4 times, and could have - and I expected him to - put his boot right through it, but he managed to find the pass well.

Nish worked hard in deep areas, getting knocks on to Stokes and Riordan, with the latter allowing one pass to nearly go to waste as he didn't want to hit the bi-line. THAT is criminal. Nish didn't score, but he at least got invovled.

Miller played well, and Wotherspoon had both positive and negative sides to his game.

Thicot looked well off the pace, but to be fair, it's his first competative start this season, and he made himself available for Hogg a lot. He can play better, and will get the benefit of the doubt from me on this occassion, despite a poor showing today.
Hanlon got caught out for me at the goal - allowed McGregor to jump when he should have been up earlier.

We were pish today, and it was the big boys that let us down.

DeGraff was disappointing, no question.

Davy Mac
29-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Albeit watching from the Tele

Brown - 5 Felt he could have come off his line quicker with the goal. Best of the 3.

Thicot - 3 Never a full back and Yogi must take share of the blame.

Hogg - 4 Looks like his days are numbered, change for both parties required

Bamba - 6 Wants out can you blame him, others don't want to rip their tights

Hanlon - 3 shaky, but if he wants to play for Hibs he'll need to give more

Wotherspoon - 2 Absolutely anoynmous, looked so far out the game

Miller - 5 Patchy, great talent but struggles with belief IMO

De Graaf - 2 Baffling, looks heavy legged, jury's well and truly out.

Riordan - 4 Couple of good free kicks but still prefer him playing up top

Nish - 2 Confidence well and truly shattered

Stokes - 3 Don't like any player who doesn't want to be here, tache time!

Galbraith - Don't know as I turned off by this time
Murray - Don't know as I turned off by this time
Rankin - Don't know as I turned off by this time
Yogi - :bye:

franck sauzee
29-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Finally someone talking sense! Hogg was half decent, he has defo become a scapegoat for EVERYTHING :bitchy:

Hoggy constantly plays that floated hoof up the park in no general direction when under no pressure. Its pi**es me off big time. He did a cross field one today and if it hadnt went over the saint mirren players head for a throw in we were in deep sh*t as hanlon was up the park. The guy is absolutely shocking, shouldnt be playing never mind club captain! :brickwall

500miles
29-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Hoggy constantly plays that floated hoof up the park in no general direction when under no pressure. Its pi**es me off big time. He did a cross field one today and if it hadnt went over the saint mirren players head for a throw in we were in deep sh*t as hanlon was up the park. The guy is absolutely shocking, shouldnt be playing never mind club captain! :brickwall

You were seeing what you wanted to see, because what was clear today was Hogg was trying to play it along the deck whenever he felt he had options available. Thicot didn't play well today, but one thing he did do right, he was almost always available for the pass from Hogg, and Hogg used it whenever he could.

At one point Hogg passed the ball out 3 or 4 times on the trot, only to get it back every time, and still he found another Hibs man to give the ball to. Most players would have just put thier laces through it at that point.

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Albeit watching from the Tele

Brown - 5 Felt he could have come off his line quicker with the goal. Best of the 3.

Thicot - 3 Never a full back and Yogi must take share of the blame.

Hogg - 4 Looks like his days are numbered, change for both parties required

Bamba - 6 Wants out can you blame him, others don't want to rip their tights

Hanlon - 3 shaky, but if he wants to play for Hibs he'll need to give more

Wotherspoon - 2 Absolutely anoynmous, looked so far out the game

Miller - 5 Patchy, great talent but struggles with belief IMO

De Graaf - 2 Baffling, looks heavy legged, jury's well and truly out.

Riordan - 4 Couple of good free kicks but still prefer him playing up top

Nish - 2 Confidence well and truly shattered

Stokes - 3 Don't like any player who doesn't want to be here, tache time!
Galbraith - Don't know as I turned off by this time
Murray - Don't know as I turned off by this time
Rankin - Don't know as I turned off by this time
Yogi - :bye:

Funny I don't remember Stokesy saying that.:confused:

Davy Mac
29-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Funny I don't remember Stokesy saying that.:confused:

If the reports are true, you don't think the agent and player are not engineering the move?

If so, I think that would qualify.

LancashireHibby
29-08-2010, 07:29 PM
You were seeing what you wanted to see, because what was clear today was Hogg was trying to play it along the deck whenever he felt he had options available.

Must have been watching a different game to me. Every time Hogg got the ball it resulted in an aimless hoof up to Nish, though Hogg is hardly the only one guilty of that. Having said that, with De Graf on the park, who can blame them for bypassing midfield?

LancsHibs
29-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Brown 6 - not a lot to do
Thicot 6 - started brightly and faded, asked to cover, not natural position. Blame Yogi
Hogg 5 - seen worse
Bamba 7 - we are goosed if he goes!
Hanlon 2 - terrible today, deserved to be hooked
Wotherspoon 4 - needs resting, far from best form
Miller 6 - some decent touches
De Graaf 2 - needs to show something soon!
Riordan 5 - dont understand why he was taken off and Nish was left on?
Nish 3 - dont understand why he stayed on and Riordan was taken off?
Stokes 6 - tried but heart wasnt in it

Galbraith 7 - lone bright point from misarable day
Murray 5 - not bad
Rankin 4 - didnt really see him get too involved

The_Horde
30-08-2010, 12:18 AM
The team played poorly as a whole today, but the old favourites get thier marks notched up simply for being favourites, and the scapegoats get knocked all the harder.
Bamba tried to show off too often, Riordan was invisible if we didn't have set peices.

Hogg had a couple of long balls, but when he had the option, he was playing it along the deck. There was one point when he got the ball straight back 3 or 4 times, and could have - and I expected him to - put his boot right through it, but he managed to find the pass well.

Nish worked hard in deep areas, getting knocks on to Stokes and Riordan, with the latter allowing one pass to nearly go to waste as he didn't want to hit the bi-line. THAT is criminal. Nish didn't score, but he at least got invovled.

Miller played well, and Wotherspoon had both positive and negative sides to his game.

Thicot looked well off the pace, but to be fair, it's his first competative start this season, and he made himself available for Hogg a lot. He can play better, and will get the benefit of the doubt from me on this occassion, despite a poor showing today.
Hanlon got caught out for me at the goal - allowed McGregor to jump when he should have been up earlier.

We were pish today, and it was the big boys that let us down.

DeGraff was disappointing, no question.

Which is why he should have been left on. I just watched the Liverpool game back and Torres was awful the majority of the game, but he still popped up with the winner with a classy finish on the volley.

Riordan is as good as we have when it comes to moments of sheer class to dig you out of the crap and he should have been left on.

Would Man U bring off Rooney when desperately in need of goals? Would Chelsea bring off Drogba? Barca bring off Messi? ...

The only thing that could possibly make that decision acceptable would be if Riordan was still carrying a knock from the huns.

Dunbar Hibee
30-08-2010, 02:11 AM
;2561579']Which is why he should have been left on. I just watched the Liverpool game back and Torres was awful the majority of the game, but he still popped up with the winner with a classy finish on the volley.

Riordan is as good as we have when it comes to moments of sheer class to dig you out of the crap and he should have been left on.

Would Man U bring off Rooney when desperately in need of goals? Would Chelsea bring off Drogba? Barca bring off Messi? ...

The only thing that could possibly make that decision acceptable would be if Riordan was still carrying a knock from the huns.

And from Derek's reaction this does not seem the case.

hibernator
30-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Must have been watching a different game to me. Every time Hogg got the ball it resulted in an aimless hoof up to Nish, though Hogg is hardly the only one guilty of that. Having said that, with De Graf on the park, who can blame them for bypassing midfield?

Thicot did make himself available and Hogg used the option a good few times but St Mirren were always quick to close, Thicot showed his lack of games today and his passing was off, Bamba did not help by putting him under pressure with a cross field ball that went about 30ft in the air before reaching him, Thicot took it first time and gave away possession, after that Thicot seemed less willing to take responsibility or the option was killed by the opposition :dunno: Hogg then reverted to the long ball, and with our less than industrious forwards .....:bitchy:

Hibbyradge
30-08-2010, 06:37 AM
If the reports are true, you don't think the agent and player are not engineering the move?

If so, I think that would qualify.

Celtic have made an approach for Stokes. NOT the other way around.