PDA

View Full Version : Spineless and Gutless (Merged' We were rubbish' threads)

Berwickhibby
29-08-2010, 04:18 PM
There are too many players in this team that are spineless, how can we be out fought and out played with the **** that St Mirren put on the park. The fault starts at the top... Yogi stop being the players pal and clown..... start being a manager and coach.

We the fans want to see tactics, disire and the ability to stand up to teams like St Mirren FFS. Yogi if you are not up to the task GTF and lets get the team back on track

Perspective
29-08-2010, 05:46 PM
It's concerned me for a few years that we don't seem to have a real team spirit at Easter Road. The dressing room always seems to be split into cliques, split by disruptive influences or generally lacking in togetherness.

You can point to the likes of Dundee United, Motherwell, Hamilton and St Mirren and see a group of guys prepared to roll up the sleeves and go to war for each other on the pitch. Compare that to us when things go wrong and too many hide from the ball (Rankin and a few others apart).

To me it looks like we have a collective of individuals who can bail themselves out on the odd occasion with a flash of brilliance to turn the tide.

It's hard to say how you can implement that and it might take more than the shaven heads sported by the likes of Uli Laursen/Mixu/Matty Jack but we won't get anywhere until we're pulling in the same direction.

Andy74
29-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Thing is we either want a team of people capable if something special now and again or you want a standard spl team. Everything that makes us great on our day is also our biggest downfall other times. It will take a while and a bit of luck to get a better mix. The likes of st mirren and st Johnstone outfight us frequently but they rarely finish above us.

just_joe
29-08-2010, 05:56 PM
What an absolute disgrace today. Yogis lack of tactical knowledge once again shown! beaten by a team of first division players , Cowdenbeath rejects. Im sick and tired of hearing about Yogis vision for the future - If this keep's up then I don't think hes going to have a future at Hibs. I see someone has even made a facebook group wanting him to leave. says it all really! The future is now yogi.

Perspective
29-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Thing is we either want a team of people capable if something special now and again or you want a standard spl team. Everything that makes us great on our day is also our biggest downfall other times. It will take a while and a bit of luck to get a better mix. The likes of st mirren and st Johnstone outfight us frequently but they rarely finish above us.

You shouldn't have to choose between application or talent, though.

I think St Johnstone, for example, are to be admired. A well-run club (no debt), with a small support base but built up steadily by a managermaking good use of his contact book and man-management. They work hard for each other and are attractive to watch. I think they're a success at their level.

With our budget and appeal I think we have to aim higher. I'm not asking for a team of robots, just a dressing room that looks like they want to fight for each other and their manager.