PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 3 A grade players

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 04:17 PM
So if Yogi is allowed to bring more players in where do we need to strengthen (most)?

I'm going for
a) a striker that can hold the ball up (in the Mixu mould)
b) a player with captain mentality preferably at centre half or sweeper (in the Sauzee mould)
c) a left back (in the Murphy mould)

Glasgow Hibee
29-08-2010, 06:30 PM
B. Have thought for the past couple of years that we really need an captain on the pitch. Someone the other players respect and who they will take direction from and who can get them gee'd up when neccessary.

Beefster
29-08-2010, 06:37 PM
We need a big, strong centre-half to play beside Bamba, a big, strong central midfielder to play beside Miller and a big, strong penalty box striker to play beside Stokes.

If Stokes and/or Bamba leave, we need replacements of a similar quality, in addition to the players we already need.

Otherwise, we will finish in the bottom six.

IndieHibby
29-08-2010, 06:38 PM
B. Have thought for the past couple of years that we really need an captain on the pitch. Someone the other players respect and who they will take direction from and who can get them gee'd up when neccessary.

Who was the last Hibs player to do that role well?

Spike Mandela
29-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Who was the last Hibs player to do that role well?

Our manager

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 06:46 PM
As usual, we have left it far too late to get what need.

Stevie Wonder could see where are weaknesses were from last season but yet again we are waiting till the last 48hours to the transfer window to try rectify our problems.

First Hughes says he needs to 'shuffle the pack'.

Then today he says he would still be looking to bring in a couple of players regardless of whether Stokes goes to Celtic.

If thats the case then he's 3weeks too late in getting his act together.

matty_f
29-08-2010, 06:47 PM
We need a big, strong centre-half to play beside Bamba, a big, strong central midfielder to play beside Miller and a big, strong penalty box striker to play beside Stokes.

If Stokes and/or Bamba leave, we need replacements of a similar quality, in addition to the players we already need.

Otherwise, we will finish in the bottom six.

:agree:

BT58
29-08-2010, 06:49 PM

yogi has the said person,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its
HOGG
NOT MY CHOICE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bamba would be my choice if he was here till next season

fife hfc
29-08-2010, 07:46 PM
As usual, we have left it far too late to get what need.

Stevie Wonder could see where are weaknesses were from last season but yet again we are waiting till the last 48hours to the transfer window to try rectify our problems.

First Hughes says he needs to 'shuffle the pack'.

Then today he says he would still be looking to bring in a couple of players regardless of whether Stokes goes to Celtic.

If thats the case then he's 3weeks too late in getting his act together.

:top marks spot on. the problems we have are not new they were the same last season and yogi failed to fix them and he will fail again as he seems oblivious to them. A strong centre half , a hard tackling midfielder and a forward who can hold the ball up rather than fall on his erse is what is needed.

I only watched the last ten minutes of todays game as was out, but it appears it is just the same old problems that have not been rectified.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-08-2010, 07:57 PM
:top marks spot on. the problems we have are not new they were the same last season and yogi failed to fix them and he will fail again as he seems oblivious to them. A strong centre half , a hard tackling midfielder and a forward who can hold the ball up rather than fall on his erse is what is needed.

I only watched the last ten minutes of todays game as was out, but it appears it is just the same old problems that have not been rectified.

Seems to be a bit of a theme with several managers - Collins Mixu Yogi persisting with certain players it did strike me is this to prove to Rod look heres what we can get on the budget but we need better than this to take things to the next level (I mean Keenan)

Jones28
29-08-2010, 08:37 PM
A: Stephen Dobbie (that is NOT a joke)

B: Dunno

C: Booth. Left Back. Get the younger guys blooded NOW before they all end up like Damon Gray and Ross Campbell

Billy Whizz
29-08-2010, 08:42 PM
So if Yogi is allowed to bring more players in where do we need to strengthen (most)?

I'm going for
a) a striker that can hold the ball up (in the Mixu mould)
b) a player with captain mentality preferably at centre half or sweeper (in the Sauzee mould)
c) a left back (in the Murphy mould)
Another experienced centre back.
Fast Winger.

We also urgently need a forward who can run behind defences!

RickyS
29-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Aberdeen based mate told me today we had a 300k bid for Zander Diamond turned down this week. would he be the answer? i'm no sure

stubru59
29-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Aberdeen based mate told me today we had a 300k bid for Zander Diamond turned down this week. would he be the answer? i'm no sure

For the sake of my sanity, I hope this is a wind-up.

Moody D
29-08-2010, 09:17 PM
O.M.G Surely not! please please please please nooooo! :confused:

Only Jambo's would wish that on us!

RickyS
29-08-2010, 09:44 PM
For the sake of my sanity, I hope this is a wind-up.

just sayin what i was told mate, like you i hope it disnae happen.

Sir David Gray
29-08-2010, 10:05 PM
We need;

-A competent right back who will be able to fill in for Hart whenever he's unavailable as Thicot is not the answer and since Hart will probably be out for a number of weeks, I really don't wish to Thicot at RB for the next month or so.

-A first choice left back as Paul Hanlon is not, and never will be, a left back. The guy is a promising centre half and should be played there. If Hughes prefers to go with another centre half pairing, Hanlon should be benched. Ian Murray, in my opinion, should not be in at LB either.

-Pace down the wings, with players who are able to take on a defender and beat him. At present, a large part of our problem is that we are far too slow with our build up play and we hardly have any players who are capable or who show any willingness to beat players.

-We need a striker who is going to be a striker. By that I mean someone who will simply hang around the box all afternoon waiting on the ball coming in to them and then bang it into the net. Riordan and Stokes both do a lot of work outside the box and Nish is doing a lot of work in deep positions, a long way from goal. When he was at Kilmarnock, I seem to remember that he was mainly played as a penalty box striker and I think that goes a long way in explaining why his goalscoring record for us hasn't been as good as his record at Kilmarnock.

I believe that we need around four or five players, assuming that Stokes and/or Bamba don't leave before Tuesday. If one or both do leave then we may need six or seven new players before the window closes.