PDA

View Full Version : Poll time (again)

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Well now that the new season is taking shape what do you want Petrie to do

lucky
29-08-2010, 03:57 PM
pointless sacking him. A new manger that comes in would have no time to bring new players. we cant continually change managers. The most successful clubs allow the manager a 2/3 season to build a team.

Finishing 3rd and getting to cup finals is regarded as success at Hibs. We finished 4th last year so he does deserve some time to get it right.

I know that is not universally popular but he should be given time.

Toaods
29-08-2010, 03:59 PM
posted same time as my thread, although my options were more simplistic. I'll delete mine..:greengrin.

Beefster
29-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I think Hughes' time is up but it should have been dealt with early in the close season. If Rodders and co sack him now, at the end of the window, they're not fit for purpose.

Toaods
29-08-2010, 04:03 PM
He's had more time than overall performance has deserved.

Too frustrating to have to endure another cloak and daggers situation, let's just cut our losses and fire him.

Keith_M
29-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I voted for sack him immediately so feel I should give my reasons.

1, There's no point giving him more funds because I've seen nothing from him to show that he will ever make a decent manager.

2, I don't think he will resign, as he seems to think he's doing OK.

3, As for giving him till Christmas, see point 1.

I'm only sorry that a new manager wasn't brought in at the end of last season. In the unlikely event that Yogi does resign/get sacked, the new manager has the great excuse of not having had time to make his own team or has now to play catch up.

I'm afraid I agree with others that feel they've wasted £400 on a season ticket, except I bought two for my parents as well, meaning I've now wasted about £750.

Toaods
29-08-2010, 04:05 PM
2, I don't think he will resign, as he seems to think he's doing OK.

this is what concerns me too, at least Mixu was bursting at the seams. Hughes is to busy trying to convince all and sundry he has a big job on his hands but is the man to lead us into the promised land.

IndieHibby
29-08-2010, 04:07 PM
pointless sacking him. A new manger that comes in would have no time to bring new players. we cant continually change managers. The most successful clubs allow the manager a 2/3 season to build a team.

Finishing 3rd and getting to cup finals is regarded as success at Hibs. We finished 4th last year so he does deserve some time to get it right.

wot ee sed.

bawheid
29-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Posting polls like these on the schizophrenic main board moments after a game is pointless.

The same poll after the Motherwell game would be completely the opposite.

YetholmHibee
29-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I voted for immediate sacking & will continue to do so (if asked) . . . :devil:

He should of been sacked after Scottish Cup defeat to Ross County last season. :grr:

Too late now though . . . :bitchy:

He suffers from illusions of grandeur . . . :faf:

Gatecrasher
29-08-2010, 04:19 PM
give him untill the start of december with no more funds, see where we are and if we're still pish bring in someone new for the jan window opening

Hibby 2005
29-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I used to think Yogi could spot a good player in the transfer market but now I'm not so sure.

Hart's a good RB but most Managers would be wary of going for a player with such a recent inury history especially when our only other true RB, McCann, is also crocked most of the time.

De Graaf looked like a good signing and may well be under another Manager but did we need him? Midfield is an area where we need to offload players not increase.

The defence was the priority and altough Stephens should be in central defence ahead of Hogg he's unproven. We also need an experienced leader, preferably with some height, someone who would inspire, shout and organise.

Yogi has found the occasional gem in the transfer market but as has been said before he doesn't know what to do with the good players he gets. We're a team of individuals playing, or not as the case may be, for a tactically clueless Manager.

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Sacked. Don't think I need to give a reason why.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-08-2010, 04:24 PM

With respect mate, what absolute nonsense..

marinello59
29-08-2010, 04:31 PM
With respect mate, what absolute nonsense..

Looked like a decently thought out opinion to me. Different from many but to dismiss it as nonsense without saying why is hardly conducive to decent debate is it?

gackohibs
29-08-2010, 04:34 PM
we need to get rid of him pronto.

Bring in someone with no ties to hibs whatsoever, play the team to their strengths.
IMO our squad is pretty decent, bit short in defence and midfield but Yogi just doesnt know how to play them. no fight no hope.

Cracking guy, hopeless manager.

BSEJVT
29-08-2010, 04:45 PM
For me its a sacking now

We have so little depth in that squad its frightening.

Quite apart from the usual suspects of Nish Rankin & Hogg

There are at least another 3 guys started today who should be nowhere near Hibs.

De Graff- I know its early days but on form to date if he was our top target we are preparing for life in the 1st division.

Thicot - will never be a footballer if he lives till he's 100.

Can Pass Cant Track a run, Cant play off side, truly awful, what some folk see in him is anyone 's guess. Its like the cult Jimmy Boco thing from years back, only Thicot's much worse.

Wotherspoon- Broke into the team and did well at the start of leason, was grossly overplayed when he had lost form and confidence is shot to ****. (my opinion of Wotherspoon is based on current form)

Any manager who let his playing budget be so mis used as to have umpteen humpty midfielders and no cant any where else needs shot.

Hibby 2005
29-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Yogi is not alone.

Stanton, Sauzee, Mixu and Collins (although he was probably the best of them all) for one reason or another found it too much Managing the team they played for.

Turnball was the exception.

When choosing the next Manager Petrie has to go outside of Easter Rd., worked ok with Mowbray after all.

hibiedude
29-08-2010, 04:59 PM
60% say sack him now which I agree with

but the board won't sack him and we'll play in front of a half empty stadium this season because people like me won't pay a penny to enter Easter Road till Yogi is sacked.

I'm not paying good money watch this crap and with Yogi in charge this is good as it's going to get.

mcaitchi
29-08-2010, 07:25 PM
60% say sack him now which I agree with

but the board won't sack him and we'll play in front of a half empty stadium this season because people like me won't pay a penny to enter Easter Road till Yogi is sacked.

I'm not paying good money watch this crap and with Yogi in charge this is good as it's going to get.

If we get beat by inverness next game - then yogi must go - anything less than 3 points aint good enuf !!!!

iv actually started hoping for an inverness win by about 6 or 7 goals !!!

which is so wrong for me :grr:

sorry yogi - but i think its time the tache invested in a half decent manager ....

:bye:

blairwallace
29-08-2010, 07:32 PM
we have money to give a manager? :confused:

Speedway
29-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Someone's got to be allowed to build a team at Hibs.

Changing the squad every 18 months is very expensive and we just sack the guy who did it anyway.

Levein finished 9th with the arabs in his first season. We need to hang on to one of our managers at some point, might as well be Yogi.

The_Todd
29-08-2010, 07:42 PM
iv actually started hoping for an inverness win by about 6 or 7 goals !!!

which is so wrong for me :grr:

sorry yogi - but i think its time the tache invested in a half decent manager ....

:bye:

Just sounds like you hate Yogi more than you love Hibs. Surely you'd get more pleasure out of seeing your team win 6 or 7 nil? To wish a defeat on Hibs just to prove a point? Really?

We Hibs fans love a bit of self harm.

mcaitchi
29-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Someone's got to be allowed to build a team at Hibs.

Changing the squad every 18 months is very expensive and we just sack the guy who did it anyway.

Levein finished 9th with the arabs in his first season. We need to hang on to one of our managers at some point, might as well be Yogi.

Why - Yogi - He has the worst record at easter road in our entire history - fact !!

he constantly plays people out of position / formations and does some real good substitutions at times eh ??

why does he try to buy/sign every current or ex falkirk player ???

i like yogi as a person - but im sorry as a manager that is more used to being in the relegation mix - i think we deserve better !!!! i m o

Speedway
29-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Why - Yogi - He has the worst record at easter road in our entire history - fact !!

And someone else had it before him - FACT.

he constantly plays people out of position / formations and does some real good substitutions at times eh ??

Every messageboard of every club of every team that didn't win that day, have posts about how the manager is tactically clueless and plays players out of position. Try this question, WHY does he play players out of position?

why does he try to buy/sign every current or ex falkirk player ???

Like Stack, Miler, Stephens, Hart, De Graaf, Brown, Smith for instance?

i like yogi as a person - but im sorry as a manager that is more used to being in the relegation mix - i think we deserve better !!!! i m o

Why do we deserve better?

Liberal Hibby
29-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh god - the sack a manager a season route to success, as practised by European champions Los jambolinos. After all it works well down Tynecastle way so why not at Lochend?

This has to be possibly the most foolish poll ever posted by a supposed supporter of a football team three games into a season.

crewetollhibee
29-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh god - the sack a manager a season route to success, as practised by European champions Los jambolinos. After all it works well down Tynecastle way so why not at Lochend?

This has to be possibly the most foolish poll ever posted by a supposed supporter of a football team three games into a season.
It would be the most foolish poll agreed, but I think the voting takes into account our abject performances and results all calendar year.

mcaitchi
29-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Why do we deserve better?

Ok - Give me some positives of yogi !!!

wow he saved falkirk from relegation - but they got one game in europe or something similar like hibs have done ??

we are in fact in the midst of our worse home losing streak in 135 yrs - so what manager did even worse than yogi ?? - ok i dont know the facts as it was just something i read a few days ago in a national newspaper altho i havent came across any forums and any comments critising or calling the newspaper wrong ??

would think hibs deserved better than a relegation battle - after something like 19 games and four wins in the league - i fear we heading down there again !!!

just how silly will we look in our nice big empty stadia - playing in the first division - and i feel hibs should take action to prevent that !!!

or we gonna hope alls well at xmas - im giving yogi 2 more games !!

then i really think we need to think about change ..

churchie16
30-08-2010, 12:20 AM
i voted sack him cause a dont see us improving under yogi

Saorsa
30-08-2010, 06:34 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/taxi.gif for Hughes :bye:

Hibbyradge
30-08-2010, 06:35 AM
I want him to ban polls which only do to take away from the discussions.

basehibby
30-08-2010, 08:07 PM
I voted to back him - there's acknowledged weaknesses that need to be addressed in the side and Hughes still has approx 24hrs to address this, and should now at least have something to play with given that Stokes' exit to Celtc is all but tied up.

- leaving him in place yet not allowing him to improve the squad would be utterly pointless - making a poor first quarter of the season much more likely and tying one hand behind Hughes' back so that he would always claim (with justification) that he was not given a proper chance.

- sacking Hughes at this juncture would also be utterly pointless. Even if you are convinced that he cannot take the club forward (and I for one am NOT), any incoming manager would have zero chance of making his own impression on the squad with the transfer window drawing to a close.

Hughes has his own strengths and weaknesses which we are all becoming familiar with. He isn't perfect, but who is??? Whether these add up to success or failure will depend on results.
Last season, over the piece, was a relative success and anyone who seriously expects Hughes to be given his jotters after, what is in reality, a mediocre start to the season rather than the outright disaster which the drama queens are asserting, needs their heads looking at IMO.

blairwallace
30-08-2010, 08:21 PM
if he was to be sacked, surely it'll be after stokes is gone and if we get beat by inverness?

The_Todd
30-08-2010, 08:23 PM
if he was to be sacked, surely it'll be after stokes is gone and if we get beat by inverness?

We've always been good at losing to Inverness with or without Yogi.

500miles
30-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Ok - Give me some positives of yogi !!!

Committed to the job of Hibs manager more than any other possible candidate. He's here until he thinks it's "job done" or he can't take us any further. He's the only person in the footballing world who we will get that from. He knows where he wants Hibs to be, and he's the only one will to stick it out long enough to take us there.

He believes that football should be played in a certain way, and he's willing to try everything he can to achieve that. This does come at the expense of points, and if he'd been more cynical towards the end of last season, then we would have possibly finished third or at least made Europe a certainty a lot earlier.

He seems to have a fair eye for a player. McBride was universally slated at Falkirk, but Yogi could see in him what no one else apparently could, and he has been a very useful player. Liam Miller's star seemed to be fading fast, but Yogi saw that he still had plenty to offer us. It was also him that plucked Stokes from Arsenal's reserves to go to Falkirk, and who had the connections to bring him full time to Hibs. Initial signs of young Stephens are positive, although it may not be time to throw him in full time just yet - 18 is young, but seems even moreso for a centre half. De Graff also comes with a fair pedigree, but at 30, whether he can keep up with the pace of the Scottish game is yet to be seen. Seemed at home playing against Maribor at ER.

The players seem to like him. When things aren't going well, things tend to get fractious in the dressing room, but the only unrest I've heard whispers of comes from players who are looking to chase the money, and one's who have clashed with previous managers.

If we're looking at the likelyhood of a bottom six finish come Christmas, then he's out the door. And that's fair enough. However, let him get this season's team together. If anything, it's too late for a new man to bring in his own players, so what difference could he really make that can't be done in 3 months time?