Jimmy calderwood

Thecat23
29-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Jimmy calderwood

I really hope that was a joke? :bitchy:

Westie1875
29-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Jimmy calderwood

I can't believe I'm going to say this but right now I think he'd get more out of our squad than Yogi is and I wouldn't say no.

J-C
29-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Jim Gannon :devil:

bethebest
29-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Derek McInnes

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 03:37 PM
How about Paul Lambert? Or, Mr. Magoo. Or John McGlynn.

(Note to board, one of these options is considerably cheaper than the others, but don't let that cloud your thinking).

lucky
29-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Pointless speculating as is not going to happen. He will be here until Xmas at least. But the real proof will be the financial backing the board give him over the next few days.

Sylar
29-08-2010, 03:40 PM
How about Paul Lambert? Or, Mr. Magoo. Or John McGlynn.

(Note to board, one of these options is considerably cheaper than the others, but don't let that cloud your thinking).

Not a hope.

Calgary Hibs gets my vote :agree:

TornadoHibby
29-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Pointless speculating as is not going to happen. He will be here until Xmas at least. But the real proof will be the financial backing the board give him over the next few days.

And whether Stokes goes to Celtc before 6pm on Tuesday! :agree:

That was truly awful today and Petrie MUST realise that significant improvement very quickly is essential to persuade people to attend (at least) home games during these difficult economic times for everyone where every £ spent has to be thought about carefully for a large number of people! :agree:

Dr Jimmy
I think we would be better with no manager than have yogi.
calderwood would do for me, at least he would get some desire into the team. although we need a leader on the park as well!

ionahibby
good to see hibs.net overreacting as per :greengrin

Davy Mac
29-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Surely there must be a more experienced head we can get at the helm, fed up with so called Managers coming to Hibs to serve their apprenticeship.

Nobody connected with Hibs would be a start.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-08-2010, 03:45 PM

I do hope that was a joke :bitchy:

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Absolutely no chance he will get sacked or resign next week.

Even if it did happen, who out there that a) we could afford and b) would improve us?

Hamish
29-08-2010, 03:46 PM

First sensible post on here for a few hours

TornadoHibby
29-08-2010, 03:47 PM

ltyf! :jamboclow

Dunbar Hibee
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I think Mcinnes would do well.

Badge
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Tony Mowbray

ionahibby
29-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I do hope that was a joke :bitchy:

Why :confused: i admit we were poor but asking yogi to go after 1 defeat is crazy if we did that all the time we would just be as bad as the yams! we would have a new manager every week if some folk on here had their way :rolleyes:

ekhibee
29-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Why :confused: i admit we were poor but asking yogi to go after 1 defeat is crazy if we did that all the time we would just be as bad as the yams! we would have a new manager every week if some folk on here had their way :rolleyes:
Nothing wrong with supporting the club, but in this case you seem to have conveniently forgotten about virtually three quarters of last season.

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2010, 04:01 PM

yep, 3 wins(whatever) in 29495647596067 games is an over reaction right enough:agree:

ScottB
29-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Worst run of home form in our history?

4 wins since Christmas?

That's not an over reaction by any means if you ask me. We shouldn't sack a manager for being poor, Hughes' problem is that he isn't showing any signs of being capable of turning it around, the same issues and problems that have haunted us since Christmas are still there.

heretoday
29-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Hear hear! It's grit the teeth time. We have two home league games in a row. Things may look better soon.

ionahibby
29-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Nothing wrong with supporting the club, but in this case you seem to have conveniently forgotten about virtually three quarters of last season.

I must be in the minority then will keep quiet in future :rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Derek McInnes

:agree:

HIBEETILLIDIE
29-08-2010, 04:49 PM

One Defeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense but.....
St johnstone, at home-CIS
ST johnstone away Lge
Ross County-Home and away
Hearts at home, leading then throw it away.
Motherwell away, let 4 goal lead slip!
4 wins since december,
taking off the only person to have, not 1 but 3 shots on target and leaving a giraffe on ice on the park!
Plus lots of others that i cannot be bothered recalling as the story is the same,
Today, reverting back to to his tried and tested failing formation of 4 33, and i dont accept it is 442 with Riordan on the left of midfield as he is not a midfielder,
come on its hardly one game is it!
Personally i have nothing against the man, but it is brutally obvious he does not have a clue what to do, his substitutions, if not his initial line up, showed that.
You have to admit the decision to take off Hanlon and Riordan to be replaced by Galbraith at left back and Rankin is beyond belief, while our box to box imposter and Michael Douglas excuse for a target man stayed on the park!

yekimevol
29-08-2010, 05:34 PM
1) tony mowbray:top marks
2) jimmy calderwood:agree:
3) Derek McInnes:take that
4) fansteys manager = sven :greengrin

Jim44
29-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Tony Mowbray

If he couldn't hack it in the SPL at a club with the resources Celtic have, why the hell would he throw away the last vestige of credibility he has at a club like Hibernian FC.?

Golden Bear
29-08-2010, 05:50 PM
If he couldn't hack it in the SPL at a club with the resources Celtic have, why the hell would he throw away the last vestige of credibility he has at a club like Hibernian FC.?

Steady Jim. I'll need to have a word with you!

:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
29-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Mcinnes

Hamish
29-08-2010, 06:02 PM
If people on here are being serious when they mention Calderwood, then it's time I stopped watching football.

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 06:10 PM
So far we've only managed

- Mowbray
- Calderwood
- McInnes.

Hardly gets the blood pumping does it?

Its a pointless discussion because Hughes won't get sacked and I'm inclined to agree with that for the time being.

That said, nothing less than 6 points from the next two games or else I could be changing my mind very quickly.

sixtwo
29-08-2010, 06:23 PM
I like yogi but he has let us down too many times. I want him to learn but he seems unable to. He still does not yet know his best team. He still cannot see that colin nish is ***** and hogg is worse than ****. He still cannot see that deeks deserves to play up front.

I lost faith last year and promised myself i wouldn't go back until things were sorted (ie yogi learned to be a manager or left the post). I have not been able to keep that promise but i put that down to the fact I missed going to see my beloved hibs and i was optomistic we would change!

**** it cards on the table. yogi is a poor manager. the team does not want to play for him. I have had it to the back teeth with his drivel! Any manager that plays thicot and hogg in a defence and leaves murray and stephens on the bench is a fool!!!!

Anyone who picks nish is either had a head injury or runs a pub team! yogi you are not good enough please leave quietly!

3pm
29-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Why do folk always assume it has to be someone who is in - or has been - in the SPL? Let's be creative.

And Petrie should not be involved. Shocking record appointing Managers. Rod should stick to shafting The Circles.

AgentDaleCooper
29-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Tony Mowbray

just a thought, but when mowbray left, i had a feeling that he had unfinished business with us (felt the same about gaz and ivan)

:dunno:

BT58
29-08-2010, 06:40 PM
jeez i thought i had logged on to keekback
cant see the board pulling the trigger till december[what december, i dont know]
a new manager may get a better response, but i doubt it
let YOGI BRING IN HIS 3 CLASS A PLAYERS, if it all goes tits up, then start crowing for a NEW UN come XMAS
B

Aldo
29-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Mister P aka Jon P manager of Hibeernian formally know as the Hibs net B team.

this mans record against the Yams is outstanding.

One more win and he gets to keep them.

O and TBH we all know this is not going to happen so why bother.

blairwallace
29-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Who would you like to see at ER?

eddie turnbull :notworthy:

madabouthibs
29-08-2010, 06:56 PM
We need a captain, someone to lead the way once the guys leave the dressing room.
I'd like to see Hogg relieved of that burden, but I don't think he should be bombed out the team. He's a good player, but is very down on form just now. A decent big noisy defender or midfielder, experienced, and maybe about 30 plus. Right now we're badly missing that someone the guys can look up to and take inspiration from. We haven't had such a player since Sauzee. :agree:

houston1875
29-08-2010, 06:57 PM
If people on here are being serious when they mention Calderwood, then it's time I stopped watching football.

LOL yep Jimmy Calderwood WTF!!!

hibees4life89
29-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I dont post many threads on here, usually just read them but think i need to say this.

I just dont understand yogi, in all his interviews through the bbc and hibs interactive hes always talking about installing a passion and desire into the hibs team, now on todays performances that is just not evident. I know there is games where we can play good football but it just seems to me that right now that the vast majority of games there has been no passion or desire.

Im trying not to be very negative here but everything that yogi is talking about bringing to this club and working on in training, i just dont see it, and by watching todays game, you cant but help think when is it ever going to come, I know there is underlying factors, money etc.......... but I do honestly believe that his tactics are poor, hes plays players in wrong positions and what he sees in nish ill never know.

On a positive note, the stadium is looking good tho. just a pitty we cant put the performances in that will encourage the fans to go thee on a saturday

JimBHibees
29-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Derek McInnes looks like a decent young manager with good contacts down south being able to get guys like Morris and Duberry to come and play for him. One thing it appears he can get is a bit of spirit and the best out of his players which IMO is sadly lacking at ER at the moment. Obviously he is at a smaller club and the job may be easier however I think he comes over well, maybe worth a shout.

NOLA
29-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Derek McInnes for me, top manager in the making, though i doubt the board or manager will make a decision until january.

RickyS
29-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Derek McInnes looks like a decent young manager with good contacts down south being able to get guys like Morris and Duberry to come and play for him. One thing it appears he can get is a bit of spirit and the best out of his players which IMO is sadly lacking at ER at the moment. Obviously he is at a smaller club and the job may be easier however I think he comes over well, maybe worth a shout.

my thoughts too, with these players even Bruiser Broon would have us playing better

darwenhibby
29-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I am still sitting on the fence with a leniency to Yogi.
I have said this for years but BRUCE RIOCH!!!!!

I will throw one other hat into the the ring but what about Billy Brown?

DH1875
29-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Tony Mowbray

No chance he will come back. Are celtic no still paying him something like £20k a week?
Yogi will be here till xmas unless the s**t really hits the fan in the next few weeks.
Will admit I was a big fan of Yogi but today was by far one of the worst displays I've seen from a Hibs team. Thought we had finally got it right when he came but things like the Deeks sub the day really gets you thinking. The team has no fight and no passion and it's been like that since last season. We are a one trick pony and teams have figured out if they harras us and put presure on the ball then they will be in with a good shout of beating us. I only go to about 20 games a season and I got to say that today for the first time I seriously thought to my self wtf. I have never been so bored at a game in all my life.

churchie16
29-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Phil Brown would never happen though.

LancashireHibby
30-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Jocky Scott :agree:

ian cruise
30-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Phil Brown would never happen though.

sorry but i just cant agree with that, he's the biggest joke of a manager imho

Septimus
30-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Perhaps we should go, cap in hand , to John Collins and give him a free rein and full backing when the prima donnas start to winge about having to maintain the fitness levels expected of a professional football player.

Somebody who will really put the much vaunted facilities at our disposal to use. It is easy to believe East Mains is full of snooker tables and places for the lads to put their feet up.

HenryMonk
30-08-2010, 11:58 AM
John Collins or Dereck McInnes

ScottB
30-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Perhaps we should go, cap in hand , to John Collins and give him a free rein and full backing when the prima donnas start to winge about having to maintain the fitness levels expected of a professional football player.

Somebody who will really put the much vaunted facilities at our disposal to use. It is easy to believe East Mains is full of snooker tables and places for the lads to put their feet up.

To be honest I'm inclined to agree.

We missed an opportunity to whip the squad into shape and change the culture at the club.

Collins alongside someone who can spot a player wouldn't be a bad shout, not that it will happen obviously. But he's the only former manager I'd even consider welcoming back.

proud_and_green
30-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I like yogi but he has let us down too many times. I want him to learn but he seems unable to. He still does not yet know his best team. He still cannot see that colin nish is ***** and hogg is worse than ****. He still cannot see that deeks deserves to play up front.

I lost faith last year and promised myself i wouldn't go back until things were sorted (ie yogi learned to be a manager or left the post). I have not been able to keep that promise but i put that down to the fact I missed going to see my beloved hibs and i was optomistic we would change!

**** it cards on the table. yogi is a poor manager. the team does not want to play for him. I have had it to the back teeth with his drivel! Any manager that plays thicot and hogg in a defence and leaves murray and stephens on the bench is a fool!!!!

Anyone who picks nish is either had a head injury or runs a pub team! yogi you are not good enough please leave quietly!

I agree with this. I pondered long and hard whether to renew my season - two factors, the crap display on the park and secondly that financially difficult times mean that paying so much for something that doesn't give me value back is not easily justifiable.

The subs yesterday convinced me that he really doesn't know what he's doing. When the goal went in i said to my daughter, now yogi needs to take nish off and get galbraith on. When i saw Galbraith getting stripped i thought good he's making a positive move, then when he hooked Deeks i couldn't believe i was watching the same game as him!!!

Really annoyed.

allezsauzee
30-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Alex Miller

Petrie's Tache
30-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Paul Sturrock
Darren Ferguson
Derek McInnes
Bruce Rioch
Martin O'Neil

Skanko79
30-08-2010, 01:44 PM
stuart baxter or deek mciness

RoYO!
30-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Calderwood....

That is if Rix isn't available :bitchy:

Hibernia Na Eir
30-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I'd go for the likes of Pardew. Fresh ideas and worth a try :agree:

Lmc2105
30-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Or someone that has not been associated with Hibernian FC!!

hibbiedon
30-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Derek Adams of Ross County

SteveHFC
30-08-2010, 09:56 PM
John Collins or Derek McInnes.