PDA

View Full Version : Surely nobody can be surprised anymore?

Spike Mandela
29-08-2010, 03:28 PM
This slow, ponderous, uncreative, fragile Hibs team have been misfiring since January even with two of the best strikers in the SPL. Surely nobody can claim to be surprised at how rotten we were anymore?

This team needed lot's of changes in nearly all areas during the summer and yet has not been improved in ANY area whatsoever. Hibs have been highly praised for their stadium completion by many on here but if suffering this lack of team development is the side effect of that then it is going to be a barren few years of ER entertainment.

This is not an anti Yogi post indeed I have sympathy for what he has to work with but Hibs must really now put all efforts in to improving the football on offer or all the good work that was done in the past to put as ahead of the rest in financial terms is going to be wasted.

Losing so tamely to a very poor St Mirren side surely can't be tolerated, hopefully the required reaction will be seen now.

Jim44
29-08-2010, 05:32 PM
This slow, ponderous, uncreative, fragile Hibs team have been misfiring since January even with two of the best strikers in the SPL. Surely nobody can claim to be surprised at how rotten we were anymore?

This team needed lot's of changes in nearly all areas during the summer and yet has not been improved in ANY area whatsoever. Hibs have been highly praised for their stadium completion by many on here but if suffering this lack of team development is the side effect of that then it is going to be a barren few years of ER entertainment.

This is not an anti Yogi post indeed I have sympathy for what he has to work with but Hibs must really now put all efforts in to improving the football on offer or all the good work that was done in the past to put as ahead of the rest in financial terms is going to be wasted.

Losing so tamely to a very poor St Mirren side surely can't be tolerated, hopefully the required reaction will be seen now.

A Hibs defeat should never surprise even the happiest of clappers. What worries me is the extent to which I have been lulled into a deep sense of indifference.

Peevemor
29-08-2010, 05:39 PM
A Hibs defeat should never surprise even the happiest of clappers. What worries me is the extent to which I have been lulled into a deep sense of indifference.

:agree:

yekimevol
29-08-2010, 09:52 PM
what suprises me is hughes inabilty to play with width and subs.

his subs - riordan off when stokes and nish were having worse games

never playing with width - danny galbriath - he must be one of the only players to score a winner at parkhead and not start the next game and against rangers the last home game give them problems and still does not start.

truehibernian
29-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Lack of leadership, chronic lack of cohesion and organisation when we go behind, and players looking like 11 individuals rather than 1 team. Heads go down at the slightest thing, simple possession seems a million miles away, and we have ruined certain players by not utilising them in their natural positions. Hughes never ever played with wingers at Falkirk, nor with wing backs, so I don't know why people are so surprised at the lack of width in the Hibs side. The first thing Eddie May did when he left was sign two natural wingers. The minute Danny Lennon did what all other managers, pundits and fans alike have said/done, that being play 4 or 5 across the middle of the park, Hibernian are easily beaten. The opposition chase, harry and close down. Our players are not good at keeping simple possession let alone when under pressure. More often than not the ball is played around so slowly at the back the opposition regroups, forwards close down, and we play a hopeful ball into space. De Graff must have been bought as a box to box midfielder, namely running from the 6 yard box the edge of his own penalty area, because he is slow, cumbersome and so unsure on the ball it's untrue. Nish has been atrocious, and Hogg......well look at the challenge for the header onto Dargo. Lennon was leading from the touchline today, sleeves rolled up, kicking every ball and challenging every decision. Hughes sat in his seat all game. Sums it up and absolutely underlines that there are big problems within the club at the moment. Players do not respect him, and in turn, he has not been disciplined enough. And why would you respect him when you see the completely baffling substitutions recently, the off field antics of certain players, and the in-fighting in training. Long hard season ahead unless Rod Petrie does what he must be itching to do. Mr McInnes for me please. No "Hibs ties", yes a Rangers past but who really cares, young, dynamic, rated and looks to take no nonsense. Doesn't play the game in interviews or rhetoric, just does his job with the resources he has. Good blend of skill, pace, braun and power.

MB62
30-08-2010, 08:47 AM

Add me to that camp also. I didn't even watch the 2nd half yesterday. The first half was so boring, no invention and only ever looked like scoring if Deeks was taking free-kicks.

Same tactics that failed so miserably last season have been employed again, and not surprisingly it's not working again.

Www1875hfc
30-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Lack of leadership, chronic lack of cohesion and organisation when we go behind, and players looking like 11 individuals rather than 1 team. Heads go down at the slightest thing, simple possession seems a million miles away, and we have ruined certain players by not utilising them in their natural positions. Hughes never ever played with wingers at Falkirk, nor with wing backs, so I don't know why people are so surprised at the lack of width in the Hibs side. The first thing Eddie May did when he left was sign two natural wingers. The minute Danny Lennon did what all other managers, pundits and fans alike have said/done, that being play 4 or 5 across the middle of the park, Hibernian are easily beaten. The opposition chase, harry and close down. Our players are not good at keeping simple possession let alone when under pressure. More often than not the ball is played around so slowly at the back the opposition regroups, forwards close down, and we play a hopeful ball into space. De Graff must have been bought as a box to box midfielder, namely running from the 6 yard box the edge of his own penalty area, because he is slow, cumbersome and so unsure on the ball it's untrue. Nish has been atrocious, and Hogg......well look at the challenge for the header onto Dargo. Lennon was leading from the touchline today, sleeves rolled up, kicking every ball and challenging every decision. Hughes sat in his seat all game. Sums it up and absolutely underlines that there are big problems within the club at the moment. Players do not respect him, and in turn, he has not been disciplined enough. And why would you respect him when you see the completely baffling substitutions recently, the off field antics of certain players, and the in-fighting in training. Long hard season ahead unless Rod Petrie does what he must be itching to do. Mr McInnes for me please. No "Hibs ties", yes a Rangers past but who really cares, young, dynamic, rated and looks to take no nonsense. Doesn't play the game in interviews or rhetoric, just does his job with the resources he has. Good blend of skill, pace, braun and power.

:top marks

Good post.

Devine
30-08-2010, 09:07 AM

Excellent post agree with every part of that except the bit in bold. We have seen Yogi go crackers on the sideline, boot the dugout and his usual bizarre nonsense that is screaming at the bench and it helps no one. I would rather just have someone there who can set out a side properly with balance, players playing in the right positions and tactics that suit the league we play in /opposition.

I'll still be there week in week out but I have to say I dont blame anyone who wont pay the 20 odd quid to sit in a half empty stadium watching that guff against Inverness in a couple of weeks time or forget about the costly business that is going away from home to be served up that nonsense we seen yesterday. The apathy in the Hibs support is growing at an alarming rate and its very easy to see why!

sixtwo
30-08-2010, 09:08 AM

Add me to that camp also. I didn't even watch the 2nd half yesterday. The first half was so boring, no invention and only ever looked like scoring if Deeks was taking free-kicks.

Same tactics that failed so miserably last season have been employed again, and not surprisingly it's not working again.

I'm feeling the same just now. Felt the same since xmas tbh. No doubt there are countless others out there who are fed up with the lack of leadership. The lack of flair. The lack of any passion in the team. This aligned with the fact that we seem to be willing to listen to offers for any player including our top scorer who still has a resonable term left on his contract has made me lose a bit of faith.

I fear crowd numbers will fall like a stone if yogi , the board and the players do not improve things dramatically!

TheMentalHibees
30-08-2010, 09:17 AM

Deja vu, it's almost like I've lived through this before.