PDA

View Full Version : NO winners at all at Easter Road...

new malkyhib
29-08-2010, 03:22 PM
...and it starts from our untouchable £500k a year Board IMHO.

No winning mentality, no players that hate getting beat, a manager who is as clueless as his predecessor, but hang on though, he used to play for us so the mugs (i.e us the supporters) will swallow it again.

Petrie's the best chairman that's ever been though, and he'll cleverly starve him of funds to force his hand - we'll then get another yes man in until he starts to find his voice, and Petrie will bin him again, and the whole cycle starts again.

But then we've got a solid infastructure, great ground and the balance sheet is healthy, etc.,:yawn::yawn::yawn:

I'm just watching the St Mirren boy getting interviewed - they've got FOUR players in their team who used to play for Cowdenbeath and they've contained us so easily it's not true.

Rant over.

davehiby
29-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Total agreement!!!

Matty_Jack04
29-08-2010, 03:26 PM

No winning mentality, no players that hate getting beat, a manager who is as clueless as his predecessor, but hang on though, he used to play for us so the mugs (i.e us the supporters) will swallow it again.

Petrie's the best chairman that's ever been though, and he'll cleverly starve him of funds to force his hand - we'll then get another yes man in until he starts to find his voice, and Petrie will bin him again, and the whole cycle starts again.

But then we've got a solid infastructure, great ground and the balance sheet is healthy, etc.,:yawn::yawn::yawn:

I'm just watching the St Mirren boy getting interviewed - they've got FOUR players in their team who used to play for Cowdenbeath and they've contained us so easily it's not true.

Rant over.

exactly!! 4 players who have just turned pro! and a manager who has came from the same level. caused them so little trouble today it was embarrasing

Wull
29-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Rant over.

Maybe thats our true level with this current structure:boo hoo:

bigstu
29-08-2010, 03:28 PM
we are terrible, not sure if it's the boards fault though as they have given us the fans what we wanted for the last 3 managers Collins, Mixu & Yogi & they've all turned out to be crap. there's no spirit about the team at all, we have a poor depth of squad but even with the team we have we should be doing much better. when your out battled & out played by an average St Mirren team you know your in trouble.

lucky
29-08-2010, 03:32 PM
exactly!! 4 players who have just turned pro! and a manager who has came from the same level. caused them so little trouble today it was embarrasing

The four St Mirren players were already pro but have now turned full time. That being said their center forward held the ball up better than Nish and was more involved in the game.

But if Hibs signed 4 players from the second division this board would would go into meltdown.

It going to be a long hard season. But Scottish football is bad its murder. The Old firm will finish 30 points clear of third

one day maybe...
29-08-2010, 03:34 PM
No pace, no width, no desire. Will we ever see a team again anywhere in this league that can actually play fooball on tha deck with fluent passing movement and a players that can run without being foooooked after 20 yards sprinting.

HFC 0-7
29-08-2010, 03:34 PM

Rant over.

I only see winning mentality from one player out there today, bamba. Yes he is over the top sometimes but I seen times today when he didnt take any nonsence and steamed in. At the end when they had 54,347 throw ins within the 4 mins of added time he was the guy that stepped in and steamed in, unfortunately it did go out for throw in 54,348. Sometimes I think there is a time to drop the nice neat, moisten my pants football and steam in and empty a few guys. You be really hard and still be fair.

PaulSmith
29-08-2010, 03:36 PM
No pace, no width, no desire. Will we ever see a team again anywhere in this league that can actually play fooball on tha deck with fluent passing movement and a players that can run without being foooooked after 20 yards sprinting.

In a nutshell for me and since January.

HFC 0-7
29-08-2010, 03:37 PM
we are terrible, not sure if it's the boards fault though as they have given us the fans what we wanted for the last 3 managers Collins, Mixu & Yogi & they've all turned out to be crap. there's no spirit about the team at all, we have a poor depth of squad but even with the team we have we should be doing much better. when your out battled & out played by an average St Mirren team you know your in trouble.

Maybe that is the problem! Giving those managers the job, managers with no real experience in SPl management. Yogi has some experience but with a team where they were almost always under dogs and had to adopt a more negative, cautious approach. Does yogi think that just because he has gone to a bigger club he can play 3 up front and expect other teams to be cautious?

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 03:41 PM

Rant over.

That board get their £500k for doing nothing, they haven't taken one training session or picked the team ever. They don't even chose the tactics!

Then they expect us to be happy with them for sorting out the finances of the club and sacking incompetent managers. Where do these guys get off??

If only we could adopt the winning philosophy of big teams we might actually have something to show. Who needs a new stadium anyway?

Clowns, bloody clowns!!!

bighairyfaeleith
29-08-2010, 03:42 PM
a lot of very new posters and some interesting comments on this thread

:bye:

new malkyhib
29-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I only see winning mentality from one player out there today, bamba. Yes he is over the top sometimes but I seen times today when he didnt take any nonsence and steamed in. At the end when they had 54,347 throw ins within the 4 mins of added time he was the guy that stepped in and steamed in, unfortunately it did go out for throw in 54,348. Sometimes I think there is a time to drop the nice neat, moisten my pants football and steam in and empty a few guys. You be really hard and still be fair.

:agree: At the point Rangers scored last week (TWELVE games since we beat them BTW), you could visibly see the Hibs players wilt and you could've walked out the ground at that point.

Our captain (who I really don't want to single him out but the laddie is never a Hibs captain in his life) does not gee other players up, and as i've said in the title of the post, his body language and that of others is symptomatic of Hibs as a whole - caution/financial prudence/incremental growth, etc., it's so insidious that it wears you down and permeates the whole club.

Even guys like Ian Murray talks as if Hibs fans expect too much and that there's a "crisis mentality" among the fans - well the fans are passionate Nid, and i'd like to see the players display some as well - but when the expectation level is set so low, why should our players look like they give a toss?

PaulSmith
29-08-2010, 03:44 PM

If they're undercover Hearts fans they'd be wanting Hughes to stay! :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 03:45 PM

It's usually a give away if they mention that we haven't won the cup since 1902. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 03:47 PM
:agree: At the point Rangers scored last week (TWELVE games since we beat them BTW), you could visibly see the Hibs players wilt and you could've walked out the ground at that point.

Our captain (who I really don't want to single him out but the laddie is never a Hibs captain in his life) does not gee other players up, and as i've said in the title of the post, his body language and that of others is symptomatic of Hibs as a whole - caution/financial prudence/incremental growth, etc., it's so insidious that it wears you down and permeates the whole club.

Even guys like Ian Murray talks as if Hibs fans expect too much and that there's a "crisis mentality" among the fans - well the fans are passionate Nid, and i'd like to see the players display some as well - but when the expectation level is set so low, why should our players look like they give a toss?

There could be an interesting paper in this doctor. :greengrin

Or is it just armchair psychobabble?

bighairyfaeleith
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM
If they're undercover Hearts fans they'd be wanting Hughes to stay! :agree:

true, but as someone who called for hughes to leave after maribor, I find this thread suspicious, what does that tell you!

new malkyhib
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM
That board get their £500k for doing nothing, they haven't taken one training session or picked the team ever. They don't even chose the tactics!

Then they expect us to be happy with them for sorting out the finances of the club and sacking incompetent managers. Where do these guys get off??

If only we could adopt the winning philosophy of big teams we might actually have something to show. Who needs a new stadium anyway?

Clowns, bloody clowns!!!

Who appoints them in the first place, on the back of their "Hibs connections"?

Petrie might be a whizz with the abacus but his track record of picking managers is distinctly a "C" pass at O grade arithmetic - and he'll never break cover and come out in the press and set out his "vision" for Hibs - coz as far as I can see there isn't one beyond mid-table mediocrity and a one-round European "adventure" once in a blue moon.

PaulSmith
29-08-2010, 03:50 PM
true, but as someone who called for hughes to leave after maribor, I find this thread suspicious, what does that tell you!

You were right and you're a detective? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Who appoints them in the first place, on the back of their "Hibs connections"?

Petrie might be a whizz with the abacus but his track record of picking managers is distinctly a "C" pass at O grade arithmetic - and he'll never break cover and come out in the press and set out his "vision" for Hibs - coz as far as I can see there isn't one beyond mid-table mediocrity and a one-round European "adventure" once in a blue moon.

That is a bit worrying. Can we realistically expect anything else for a club of our size though? As we've seen elsewhere, a shot at glory can sometimes result in years of misery. Bad enough if the shot at glory comes off, but in most cases, the clubs are never more than contenders.

Maybe, it's a case of slowly building year in year out. I do take your point though, that lack of ambition can permeate itself through the whole club.

It's just that even with ambition, the Scottish game is so loaded against all but two clubs, that it is near enough impossible to do anything other than have a good cup run now and then.

That said, there has been a gradual breaking of the mould in the likes of the Eredivise, both Alkmaar and Twente have won the league in recent years - whilst the likes of Feyenoord are slipping into obscurity. It would be interesting to know how there was such a turn around and if there are lessons for Scotland to follow.