PDA

View Full Version : Danny Galbraith

essexhibee
29-08-2010, 03:21 PM
What the hell has the lad got to do to get a game? Came on and looked bright, gave some nice passes, touch was great, ran at players, looked like a classy act. Despite the utterly bizare decision to play him at Left back for some of the game he was still great. Must be a starter at Left Wing!!

Wouldnt blame him if he pissed off out the club.

Hughes is a joke. :bye:

Col2
29-08-2010, 03:24 PM
What the hell has the lad got to do to get a game? Came on and looked bright, gave some nice passes, touch was great, ran at players, looked like a classy act. Despite the utterly bizare decision to play him at Left back for some of the game he was still great. Must be a starter at Left Wing!!

Wouldnt blame him if he pissed off out the club.

Hughes is a joke. :bye:

Yup only one who looked lively. How we can't seem to accomodate him in a 442 only the tactical genius yogi will know. Must play must play must play NISH !!!!

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I thought he was better at left back, he had much more space to run into, when murray came on he was not as good.

hibs0666
29-08-2010, 03:55 PM
That's funny.

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 04:54 PM
You are as well handing in a transfer request son and demonstrating your talents elsewhere as you are not going to get a chance under this management.

Only Hughes knows why...

Hibernian Verse
29-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Thing that got me was that he brought him on for Hanlon, just to bring Murray on. Why not save ourselves a sub and just bring him on for Riordan. Or here's a radical idea, why not put Riordan and Stokes up front and play Galbraith on the wing dropping that huddy Nish.

Jones28
29-08-2010, 04:59 PM
WHY did Yogi not push Riordan upfront, take off Nish and put Galbraith wide left? Why take off both fullbacks? Admittedly Thicot was struggling but Hanlon was solid today I felt

Golden Bear
29-08-2010, 05:15 PM
WHY did Yogi not push Riordan upfront, take off Nish and put Galbraith wide left? Why take off both fullbacks? Admittedly Thicot was struggling but Hanlon was solid today I felt

Far too sensible.

Yogi seems determined to *iss Danny Galbraith right off. There were a couple of ooccasions last year when he brought him off the subs bench to play wide right - or somewhere up the right hand side seemed to be the instruction.

Wotherspiniesta
29-08-2010, 05:19 PM
He deserves a chance now.

Infact, he deserved a chance about christmas last year.

One of the only players in the team willing to take a man on.

500miles
29-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I thought he was better at left back, he had much more space to run into, when murray came on he was not as good.

I agree actually, he seemed able to run unopposed for longer, build up a head of steam, and cause problems with that pace.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2010, 07:18 PM

There is no chance he was better at left back. Murray coming on was obviously to allow him to get forward more, into the part of the pitch he should be playing!

That said would like him to get a start at left with deek up front. Realistically it will be with Nish or A N other, letting stokes get down the m8. The sooner that is sorted the better, and if we get someone in, ideal, if not my support just goes behind whoever is there.

LancashireHibby
29-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Why is it that virtually any Galbraith discussion centres around moving Deeks up front and dropping Nish and we can all see the sense in it, yet Yogi can't?! :grr:

erin go bragh
29-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Thing that got me was that he brought him on for Hanlon, just to bring Murray on. Why not save ourselves a sub and just bring him on for Riordan. Or here's a radical idea, why not put Riordan and Stokes up front and play Galbraith on the wing dropping that huddy Nish.
had he done that we could have got at least a point today.
or at least created some chances.

LancsHibs
29-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Probably the only bright point from today, the lad is real talent, at least Yogi showed a bit of initiative after bringing Galbraith on, it was obvious he was our brightest spark and bringing Murray on pushed him further up as a greater goal threat! Still a better left back then either Murray or Hanlon on today's showing though!
Should be a stick on for the next game but knowing Yogi, probably wont be!

GreenPJ
30-08-2010, 09:59 AM
While I am starting to have serious concerns about Yogi I do think that Galbraith is still a sub at the moment.

If he has space to run at someone (i.e. from full back) he can get past a man but as a left midfielder or winger he sometimes struggles and his crosses are nowhere near consistent enough. I think he has talent and potential but still to be convinced he is ready for a starting spot. Admittedly he does appear to be the only person in the squad who has any sort of pace but that is not justification on its own to get a starting spot.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2010, 10:05 AM
While I am starting to have serious concerns about Yogi I do think that Galbraith is still a sub at the moment.

If he has space to run at someone (i.e. from full back) he can get past a man but as a left midfielder or winger he sometimes struggles and his crosses are nowhere near consistent enough. I think he has talent and potential but still to be convinced he is ready for a starting spot. Admittedly he does appear to be the only person in the squad who has any sort of pace but that is not justification on its own to get a starting spot.

:top marks:top marks

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 10:29 AM

I used to think that, but the team is crying out for pace. The team is crying out for Nish to be dropped. Riordan and Stokes is/was our best forward pairing, and playing Galbraith would have given us that. Oh well too late now it seems, although any replacement for Stokes should still be a partner for Riordan up front.

BSEJVT
30-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I used to think that, but the team is crying out for pace. The team is crying out for Nish to be dropped. Riordan and Stokes is/was our best forward pairing, and playing Galbraith would have given us that. Oh well too late now it seems, although any replacement for Stokes should still be a partner for Riordan up front.

Whilst he has pace we desparately need, he is far too easily brushed off the ball and has a worse right foot than Fletcher!

A sub for me at the moment , but one that we should be using in other than desparate circumstances, far earlier in the game and with a view to being a starter later in the season

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Whilst he has pace we desparately need, he is far too easily brushed off the ball and has a worse right foot than Fletcher!

A sub for me at the moment , but one that we should be using in other than desparate circumstances, far earlier in the game and with a view to being a starter later in the season

If its a choice of 2 up front without Nish and Galbraith on the left, or Riordan on the left and Nish up top. Its Galbraith every time for me.

Iain G
30-08-2010, 11:39 AM

So he'll only be worth £6.5m then... :greengrin

Oh and just for the reminder, Galbraith was actually set up to be signed by Mixu...

Jamesie
30-08-2010, 12:08 PM
He should be played on the left flank with Riordan up front.

How is this - well, at leat Riordan up front - so blindingly obvious to everyone except our "manager"? :confused: