PDA

View Full Version : Nothing has changed

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Once again we are outfought, outpaced, outworked and outthought. We have no energy in the team and seem to have 11 players who have never seen each other. No bottle whatsoever and nobody with captain material.

Something is seriously wrong at our club and I reckon to continue with the current management team is a mistake. Someone needs to come in and give the players a good kick up the rear (forget the cuddles) and sort the training out because we need an injection of pace and commitment when we dont have the ball.

Not one player today earned their wages and every single one of the fans that made it through today should be refunded their ticket money at the very least.

Take the end of last season and double it and we'll be fighting relegation - change is required now or it may be too late.

I am sooo angry at those players and our "management". Disgrace.

Dalkeith
29-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I'd agree with that, players and manager couldn't get up tunnel quick enough

MrSmith
29-08-2010, 03:33 PM
For the first time in years I feel we are in terminal decline. Even through the Miller and Duffy periods their were players there putting shifts in for hibs and playing beyond their capabilities! Now?? Nothing but a team of nancy boys with no heart nor soul for the club or fans...

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 03:39 PM
There has to be wholesome changes for Saturday starting with the so called captain (unfortunately I dont think the manager will be gone).

We've got guys out on loan that are better options than some of the mince we have playing just now.

Out for sat - De Graaf, Hogg, Thicot and Nish as a minimum.

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 03:47 PM
And nothing will change until there is a change of management.

PaulSmith
29-08-2010, 03:48 PM
There has to be wholesome changes for Saturday starting with the so called captain (unfortunately I dont think the manager will be gone).

We've got guys out on loan that are better options than some of the mince we have playing just now.

not happen with hughes there.

MrSmith
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM

you are right - our last great hope to salvage something this season because for me it is over.

These young lads would put in a performance worthy of being called Hibs players, more fight, determination, guts, heart soul - bring them on!!!

FitbaFolkKen
29-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I thought Miller worked hard but was let down by those around him, constantly hassled the St Mirren guys. Plus i noticed a couple of times him giving team mates pelters for not pressing the ball.

Galbraith was ok when he came on tried to beat a man but other than that can't really think of anyone who really contributed.

Agreed, time for change.

Badge
29-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Once again we are outfought, outpaced, outworked and outthought. We have no energy in the team and seem to have 11 players who have never seen each other. No bottle whatsoever and nobody with captain material.

Something is seriously wrong at our club and I reckon to continue with the current management team is a mistake. Someone needs to come in and give the players a good kick up the rear (forget the cuddles) and sort the training out because we need an injection of pace and commitment when we dont have the ball.

Not one player today earned their wages and every single one of the fans that made it through today should be refunded their ticket money at the very least.

Take the end of last season and double it and we'll be fighting relegation - change is required now or it may be too late.

I am sooo angry at those players and our "management". Disgrace.

Spot on. Change needed now.

BEEJ
29-08-2010, 03:55 PM

No match next weekend. Two weeks to wait due to the internationals.

Spike Mandela
29-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Massive changes were needed in that team in the summer. We chose to buid a stand. Enjoy it.

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Massive changes were needed in that team in the summer. We chose to buid a stand. Enjoy it.

Maybe they'll take the stand back?

Bobo
29-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Another dreadfully p!ss poor performance under our inept manager against what is probably the weakest team in the league! All the glaring faults that have been evident over the past 8 months are still there for all to see and it appears that F-all is being done to address them!

The team is too square and make too many backward/side-ways passes to ever put any concerted pressure on teams, yet Hughes seems content for his players to keep possession in their own half and allow teams to get back behind the ball and sit in despite our distribution from the back being terrible. Hanlon, Thicot & Wotherspoons’ passing in particular leaves a lot to be desired and if you add the lack of quality from our final ball/crosses it makes you wonder just what East Mains is used for as these failings haven’t improved since the turn of the year!

The players still look a good yard slower than most of their opponents and are probably the softest squad in the SPL. The lack of pace, strength and fitness within the squad has been questioned in the past but there doesn’t appear to have been much done about it.

Why did Thicot start before Murray? Why start Nish and not play Riordan up front alongside Stokes and use the natural pace/width of Galbraith from the start? Why keep De Graff on for the whole 90 minutes when he was clearly well off the pace and posted missing for the majority of the match? All strange decisions from Hughes but we’ve seen him make them time and time again before and he never seem to learn!

Hibs man of the match, for me, would be either Bamba or Miller as there was very little else of note throughout the team.

With a bit of luck, come December, maybe Santa will bring us a manager who knows what he’s doing because under Yogi I fear we are going nowhere. Something needs done pretty soon or another season is going to be over before it’s hardly begun!

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 04:02 PM
No match next weekend. Two weeks to wait due to the internationals.

I never said which saturday :wink:

Seriously though, I'd have more respect for Hughes if at a minimum he realised that his captain (that thinks that the extent of his resposibilities is getting a photie with the mascot before kickoff) should be binned. Showing that he understands that the players need to give themselves a shake and shout at each other to get themselves "up for it".

To me one of the most worrying signs was after the 6-6 game. Not so much the result but the way Nish stated that "only Hibs could lose 4 goals after being 6-2 up". There is no winning or team spirit in the club and that is the single biggest worry I have. They seem to accept they are a soft touch rather than doing anything about it.:grr: