PDA

View Full Version : Nish stays/Riordan subbed ?????????

J-C
29-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Once again I can't for the life of me understand why Nish gets a game and by doing so sends Riordan out to the left, where he's inefective. Nish can't jump/head/cross/strike or even stay on his bloody feet and gets caught offside all too often. When playong a 4-4-1-1 last week we were so much better balanced but as soon as we go 4-3-3- it all goes to pot and we get run over even by a crap team like St Mirren, who to be honest are rank rotten.

Stokes should never heve played as you could see his mind wasn't even in the game, far too lazy, looks totally unfit and slow and very selfish all the time.

Time for Hughes to shift Nish as he's just totally p*sh and also Stokes as he isn't a team player, too much baggage.:grr::confused:

DC_Hibs
29-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Once again I can't for the life of me understand why Nish gets a game and by doing so sends Riordan out to the left, where he's inefective. Nish can't jump/head/cross/strike or even stay on his bloody feet and gets caught offside all too often. When playong a 4-4-1-1 last week we were so much better balanced but as soon as we go 4-3-3- it all goes to pot and we get run over even by a crap team like St Mirren, who to be honest are rank rotten.

Stokes should never heve played as you could see his mind wasn't even in the game, far too lazy, looks totally unfit and slow and very selfish all the time.

Time for Hughes to shift Nish as he's just totally p*sh and also Stokes as he isn't a team player, too much baggage.:grr::confused:

You were doing OK until the Stokes part.

Beefster
29-08-2010, 03:11 PM

Riordan has played on the left for most of his career.

Stokes was one of the few who actually put a bit of effort in today but **** it, let's have a go at him.

J-C
29-08-2010, 03:14 PM
You were doing OK until the Stokes part.

You actually thout he had a good match eh?

Yogi meantioned at the start of the game he wasn't sure if the lads mind would be on it, quite clearly it wasn't as he was pish.

Hin10
29-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Can we sub Yogi please!

J-C
29-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Riordan has played on the left for most of his career.

Stokes was one of the few who actually put a bit of effort in today but **** it, let's have a go at him.

Riordan has never played as wide on the left as he did today or last season, he always played off the main striker in the inside left channel, the way they started against Rangers last week, 4-4-1-1.

DC_Hibs
29-08-2010, 03:17 PM
You actually thout he had a good match eh?

Yogi meantioned at the start of the game he wasn't sure if the lads mind would be on it, quite clearly it wasn't as he was pish.

He's the only goal threat we have with our current team set up you mug so F knows what the alternatives would be.

The only chance we had based on todays performance was a wonder strike from Riordan so having Rooney up front would have made little difference.

J-C
29-08-2010, 03:21 PM
He's the only goal threat we have with our current team set up you mug so F knows what the alternatives would be.

The only chance we had based on todays performance was a wonder strike from Riordan so having Rooney up front would have made little difference.

I'll say it again incase you didn't hear me, you actually thought he had agood game today, not one shot on target, looked slow and far too selfish on the ball. Riordan is the only guy with class and Yogi takes him off and leaves on the inept Nish and Stokes who's mind looks like it's already in Darkheid.

Beefster
29-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I'll say it again incase you didn't hear me, you actually thought he had agood game today, not one shot on target, looked slow and far too selfish on the ball. Riordan is the only guy with class and Yogi takes him off and leaves on the inept Nish and Stokes who's mind looks like it's already in Darkheid.

How did you think Riordan played today?

J-C
29-08-2010, 03:33 PM
How did you think Riordan played today?

Well he started wide left again when Nish is in the team, had a couple of good free kicks on target( well 1 that hit the side netting ), he continually drifted in nearer the middle as this is his prefered position, did a bit of tracking back which is something he never used to do. At least he has class and is a threat, unlike Nish who is pants, last week we saw a good understanding between Stokes and Riordan but Hughes has to give his love child Nish a game and that screws everything up.

Alfred E Newman
29-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I can only assume that his injury from last week was giving him bother. Other than that it was a strange move to say the least. Riordan wasn`t having the best of games either but he was still our only goal threat.

FitbaFolkKen
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I would have thought it was because of the sluggish pitch, wanting to keep Nish's aerial prowess up top.

Whether yogi thought that much into it.....

Beefster
29-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Well he started wide left again when Nish is in the team, had a couple of good free kicks on target( well 1 that hit the side netting ), he continually drifted in nearer the middle as this is his prefered position, did a bit of tracking back which is something he never used to do. At least he has class and is a threat, unlike Nish who is pants, last week we saw a good understanding between Stokes and Riordan but Hughes has to give his love child Nish a game and that screws everything up.

So apart from his free-kicks, you'd agree he was as bad as the rest today?

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 04:47 PM
If we are behind with 10mins to go in a game, I would always have Riordan staying on ahead than Nish because he offers more threat.

The fact that Nish stayed on today was just another decision from Hughes that was indefensible.

Toaods
29-08-2010, 04:54 PM
If we are behind with 10mins to go in a game, I would always have Riordan staying on ahead than Nish because he offers more threat.

The fact that Nish stayed on today was just another decision from Hughes that was indefensible.

Exactly, to those that think Yogi was justified in this mental substitution, how many other genuine managers would have removed Riordan? I'd hypothesise that very, very few would.

Barney McGrew
29-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Exactly, to those that think Yogi was justified in this mental substitution, how many other genuine managers would have removed Riordan? I'd hypothesise that very, very few would.

:agree: None I would guess.

But then I'd also guess that it would have been Stokes that they took off, not Nish.

Amit
29-08-2010, 05:41 PM
John Hughes is clueless....Takes off Deek and brings on Defenders and midfielders on....

lucky
29-08-2010, 05:49 PM
The subs were strange yet again. Surely Brian Rice and Gareth Evans must have some influence on the changes that are made?
As such the 3 of them ate to blame