PDA

View Full Version : De Graaf...

3pm
29-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Any chance of getting involved? Initial impressions are not favourable.

Davy Mac
29-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Yip, I agree.

Looks like he's there to break up the opponents play but other than that there is nothing to convince me he's added anything to this team.

Where's the bursting box to box runs we were told.........?

PeterboroHibee
29-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I thought he was meant to be a right winger, dont get why hes being played as a holding midfielder?

He has been very poor so far though regardless.

hibee_girl
29-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Haven't been impressed with him in any of the games I've seen him in so far. He's so slow!

J-C
29-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Probably playing deep due to McBride being unavailable.

Fat Stu
29-08-2010, 03:11 PM
came on here to post something similiar, another player bigged up by the media who thus far has been very disappointing.

HFC 0-7
He looks way out his depth. He looks slow, weak and unfit. He isnt living up to any of the things that he would supposedly give us. Mind you, a lot of the hibs team looked out their depth today.

Wheat Hound
He is a poor mans jarko wiss

roondheid
29-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Reminded me of vintage Brian Hamilton today

lucky
29-08-2010, 03:13 PM
De Graffe is dutch for Nish

Hamish
29-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I agree he wasn't great but its far too early to judge and condemn, not that anybody on here would do that. He has come from a completely different style of play. He will need time. He reminded me today of Matty Jack when he first played in midfield

heidtheba
29-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok, going out on a limb here (and I bow to people who have been able to watch him more closely than I have this season - which is most)
BUT
His pedigree suggests he's not a bad player...the pedigree of a few of our squad would suggest the same
I think if he had a different manager, he might be the player he is supposed to be. Poor tactics,poor motivation (within reason) and poor communication from the boss could well be the reason for this guys current on-field issues

gackohibs
29-08-2010, 03:22 PM
If that's the case yogi must go. Never a plan B and never plays the team to their strengths.
All credit to St mirren who deserved their win against a clueless Hibs squad.

Greenblood70
29-08-2010, 03:38 PM
De Gaash just does not even look fit to me..consistantly gives the ball away and considering you associate Dutch players with flawless technique he has an absolutely awful first touch.

Very disappointed as he looked promising if unspectacular in the 2nd leg against Maribor.

HibbyAndy
29-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Early report card.

Must do a helluva lot better.

Hibby70
29-08-2010, 03:44 PM
we seemed to have found the only Dutch player who is crap however would be interesting to see how he performs for a decent manager (same goes for every other player mind you)

sauzee
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM
no decent dutch player would leave that league and come to play for hibs

Dirkster23
29-08-2010, 03:49 PM
The guys only played a few games, maybe give him a bit of time to settle in?? He's playing with new players (who aren't playing well themselves) and in a new league that's different from what he's used to. It also looks like he's being asked to play a different role too.

Having said that, i'll agree he's been poor so far. He's been playing at a decent level in Holland so lets hope he improves as he settles in to Hibs and the Scottish game soon.

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Don't think he's really adapted to the Scottish game yet, we will see as the season goes on to be honest too early to judge him.

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 03:52 PM
He's humpty, i never thought i'd see the day i would prefer Rankin to play before another Hibs player. Said it before, he cant pass, he cant run with the ball and he is as much a box to box players as i am at 50. His feet just don't work.:confused:

Alfred E Newman
29-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I think Yogi has been taken for a mug, the guy looks a total huddy. His agent must be laughing all the way to the bank. Yet another reason why the big clown must go.

FitbaFolkKen
29-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I thought he did a lot of excellent unseen work today.....

Hank Schrader
29-08-2010, 04:10 PM
He's humpty, i never thought i'd see the day i would prefer Rankin to play before another Hibs player. Said it before, he cant pass, he cant run with the ball and he is as much a box to box players as i am at 50. His feet just don't work.:confused:

I noticed this as early as the Dunfermline friendly...but put it down to that fact it was only a practice match and he was bedding himself in. He has been a huge disappointment so far sadly.

LaMotta
29-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I noticed this as early as the Dunfermline friendly...but put it down to that fact it was only a practice match and he was bedding himself in. He has been a huge disappointment so far sadly.

:agree:
He is bringing back painful memories of Brian Kerr.

Hibbie_Cameron
29-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't think he's really adapted to the Scottish game yet, we will see as the season goes on to be honest too early to judge him.

I agree

Hibby 2005
29-08-2010, 04:36 PM
a) Yogi doesn't seem to know where to play him, today being a good example.
b) He's switched/turned off already? Let's face it quite a few other players have.
c) Nothing to do with him as a player but I'm not convinced we needed him in the first place as the defence was the priority.

Andy74
29-08-2010, 04:38 PM
There's a player in there. Needs games in Scotland. Played better against Maribor's style. At least he gets into the box.

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 04:41 PM
didnt even manage to flatter to deceive - The Dutch Rankin

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 04:43 PM
looks a bit like it so far

Vini1875
29-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Jarko Wiss

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 04:48 PM
David Fellinger

Albanian Hibs
29-08-2010, 04:52 PM
As soon as he gets the ball he passes it on right away. Doesn't look confident with the ball at his feet at all. I haven't been impressed with him so far. How much time are we supposed to give him to adapt to Scottish football?

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 04:56 PM
If Dutch football is as superb as it is meant to be it shouldnt take a Dutch maestro long to adapt to the Scottish giants such as the ex Cowdenbeath boys that are St Mirren

Problem is our Dutch Maestro is looking like an Austin Maestro (I know - I am showing my age but my Austin Maestro was faster and more powerful than Edwin)

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2010, 04:57 PM
A guy with his background should be a stand out in Scottish football.

Even if he's not up to pace his control and distribution and positional sense should be above average. What I have seen up to now adds up to a total of sod all.

So far, marks out of 10 = 3 and thats for his 1 and a half goals against Maribor.

I base this on 3 games I have been at and 2 live T.V. matches.

Sorry Edwin ... excuses aside, not good enough.

Jones28
29-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Been completely disappointed with De Graaf. Totally underwhelming, has he passed to another Hibs jersey at all? Has he broken up the play like what his position would suggest he should be good at?

Hibbie_Cameron
29-08-2010, 05:07 PM
A guy with his background should be a stand out in Scottish football.

Even if he's not up to pace his control and distribution and positional sense should be above average. What I have seen up to now adds up to a total of sod all.

So far, marks out of 10 = 3 and thats for his 1 and a half goals against Maribor.

I base this on 3 games I have been at and 2 live T.V. matches.

Sorry Edwin ... excuses aside, not good enough.

What is his background though? He has played for mid-table to lower placed Dutch teams. What are people expecting Wesley Sneijder? A midfield meastro?

Im certainly not going to write the guy off after a handful of matches

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 05:15 PM
the fact that someone even mentions the name Jarko Wiss in the same context as De Graaf sums it up so far

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Box to box player we were told......?????

Amit
29-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Gi-raaf is absolutely honking... big disappointment...

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Can anyone tell me what he does well?:confused:

marinello59
29-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Can anyone tell me what he does well?:confused:

Do you reckon Yogi should be sacked for buying him and continuing to play him then?

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Do you reckon Yogi should be sacked for buying him and continuing to play him then?

I think today was a disgrace, and Yogi was to blame. Why he played Hogg again, then Thicot at right back when its clear he's not and never will be a right back? Nish again, why? De Graff is ****in useless, never a footballer. I believe he should have had wotherspoon at right back, dropped Hogg De naff and nish, played riordan and stokes up front, and we'd have won in a canter. We had enough of the ball to win this game, but another missed header for hogg resulted in them winning with their only chance.

Yes i blame the manager for todays defeat, the team should have picked itself today, but he failed to pick the best 11. Do i want him sacked? no.

3pm
29-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Brilliant Blackpool. Stick to your guns.

lucky
29-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I have seen him 6 times now. He is.never a box to box player in this league. He is not fit enough to play like that in the 100 miles an hour ****y SPL

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2010, 05:40 PM
What is his background though? He has played for mid-table to lower placed Dutch teams. What are people expecting Wesley Sneijder? A midfield meastro?

Im certainly not going to write the guy off after a handful of matches

The guy has played against Ajax, PSV, Feynoord and a host of other decent teams on a regular basis any of which would win the SPL. Not to mention ended up the captain of his club.

Are you telling me that even from the word go he shouldnt at least be able to at make himself visable against the likes of Motherwell, Carlisle or St Mirren ?

Sauzee's_Sons
29-08-2010, 06:06 PM

are you having a laugh mate?? edwin giraffe is not and never will be a footballer!! he's been playing regularly in holland for the past 10 seasons and therefore should b able to come over to the SPL and slot right in.... he's so far off the pace its unbelieveble... its a basic lack of ability he suffers from and not needing time to adapt. however, yogis been raving about him since he arrived so he'll continue to play him every week, an absolute joke riordan was hooked and he played the full 90 minutes

Spike Mandela
29-08-2010, 06:28 PM
are you having a laugh mate?? edwin giraffe is not and never will be a footballer!! he's been playing regularly in holland for the past 10 seasons and therefore should b able to come over to the SPL and slot right in.... he's so far off the pace its unbelieveble... its a basic lack of ability he suffers from and not needing time to adapt. however, yogis been raving about him since he arrived so he'll continue to play him every week, an absolute joke riordan was hooked and he played the full 90 minutes

The new rhyming slang is actually having a De Graaf:cool2:

Hibernia Na Eir
29-08-2010, 06:36 PM
this Dutch dud sums up all thats bad about Hibs current managerial situation. From Hughes and his coaches right down to the scouting network, we are sh*te. Utter sh~te. Hughes hasnt a scooby. Time to go son. Move on.

Lightweight Hibs, always an easy team to beat. Why are we SO sh*te? Crappy, small players, playing like we think we're Ducth masters from the 70s era, yet we cant even beat Ross County and St Mirrcowdenbeath types.

Hughes has to do the honourable thing and just go.

How much would Mogga cost to get back in? Surely worth another bash?:agree:

No more Hughes and his thick comments.:bitchy:

The Voice Of Reason
29-08-2010, 06:38 PM
From what I have seen of De Graaf, he does not look like a natural footballer.

He has a very poor first touch and he is extremely one paced.

There had to be a catch, I mean if he really is/was a quality dutch "box to box" player, why would he come to Hibs ?!?!? Sad but true.

Think this will be a long hard season. What makes it worse is that I fancy the cloggers from across the city to come third. :grr:

We need some new players before the window closes - some decent ones at that.

Sammy7nil
29-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I think today was a disgrace, and Yogi was to blame. Why he played Hogg again, then Thicot at right back when its clear he's not and never will be a right back? Nish again, why? De Graff is ****in useless, never a footballer. I believe he should have had wotherspoon at right back, dropped Hogg De naff and nish, played riordan and stokes up front, and we'd have won in a canter. We had enough of the ball to win this game, but another missed header for hogg resulted in them winning with their only chance.

Yes i blame the manager for todays defeat, the team should have picked itself today, but he failed to pick the best 11. Do i want him sacked? no.

Eh !!!!!!!!!!!!

500miles
29-08-2010, 06:53 PM
De Graff wants too much time and space. He may have got it in the Netherlands, but he won't get it here. Possibly a good player when allowed to play his own game - like when he played against continental opposition like Maribor - but may be too old to adapt his game in the SPL.

Yogi shouldn't be too reactionary, and pull him right out, but if he doesn't up his game soon, then he may have to reconsider De Graff's position.

Hibbie_Cameron
29-08-2010, 10:31 PM
The guy has played against Ajax, PSV, Feynoord and a host of other decent teams on a regular basis any of which would win the SPL. Not to mention ended up the captain of his club.

Are you telling me that even from the word go he shouldnt at least be able to at make himself visable against the likes of Motherwell, Carlisle or St Mirren ?

If he was that good he would be playing for Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV not against them. Just because you play against good teams does not make you a good player in return.

Yes i would have hoped he would have stood out for the right reasons today but he was not the only one. Liam Miller, Derek Riordan and Anthony Stokes have all played for far bigger teams than NEC Breda, so why were they equally as poor today in a league that they are not new to?

LancsHibs
29-08-2010, 11:33 PM
from what I've seen so far, a poor signing:boo hoo:

basehibby
30-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I've not been much impressed by Edwin either - apart from some well timed runs into the box which he showed against Maribor and der Hun, he's really not looked up to scratch so far. Will give it a wee while though - some players really need a good run in a side before they start firing on all cylinders (Michael Stewart anyone???) - I'm hoping Edwin is one like that and that he'll start firing sooner rather than later.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Do you think he's tipping players to Yogi that are available in Holland?

blairwallace
30-08-2010, 08:26 PM
i quite liked him against blackpool and Carlisle reminded me a bit like boozy back in the day, maybe just still adapting to the fast flowing scottish footballing ways?

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 08:30 PM
i quite liked him against blackpool and carlisle reminded me a bit like boozy back in the day, maybe just still adapting to the fast flowing scottish footballing ways?

wtf?????????????????????????????????????????????

3pm
30-08-2010, 09:54 PM
You better watch Boozy doesn't take legal action against you for that Blair. There is no comparison between Boozy and EDG. Give me Boozy any day.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 10:00 PM
You better watch Boozy doesn't take legal action against you for that Blair. There is no comparison between Boozy and EDG. Give me Boozy any day.

:agree: if ever there was a player the exact opposite of boozy its De Graff. I'd say he was similar to Chisholm, and he was useless too.

3pm
30-08-2010, 10:05 PM
He already has shades of Brian Kerr. Goes missing - he was mentioned 3 times in the 2nd half yesterday.

Also, he seems to try harder in the last few minutes, I am sure it is so he looks like he has been grafting.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 10:10 PM
He already has shades of Brian Kerr. Goes missing - he was mentioned 3 times in the 2nd half yesterday.

Also, he seems to try harder in the last few minutes, I am sure it is so he looks like he has been grafting.

This hopefully wont go on, especially if he's not on the park.

3pm
30-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Good start though, you compare him to Chisholm (I see your 'point') and I compare him to Kerr. Legend!

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Good start though, you compare him to Chisholm (I see your 'point') and I compare him to Kerr. Legend!

I cant see your point?:wink:

Bobby's Cinema
30-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I honeslty can't believe some of the sh*** thats been posted recently. This is based on what we've seen of him in the opening weeks of the season.

Yes he's been disappointing, and tbh painfully slow
Yes he was billed as this "box-to-box" midfielder by Yogi

But FFS man give the lad a chance.

1two
30-08-2010, 10:56 PM
This season top scorer unless I am mistaken?!?

woody47
30-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Was he not supposed to be a machine with box to box coverage? From what I have seen so far I could do more running than he has done so far.

Really haven't seen too much to convince me he is even trying that hard. Is this a case of someone nearing the end of their career and just wanting to pick up a wage without putting 100% into the game?

Maybe we should give him the Sauzee role of sweeper? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Was he not supposed to be a machine with box to box coverage? From what I have seen so far I could do more running than he has done so far.

Really haven't seen too much to convince me he is even trying that hard. Is this a case of someone nearing the end of their career and just wanting to pick up a wage without putting 100% into the game?

Maybe we should give him the Sauzee role of sweeper? :dunno:

To play that position you need a good touch, and be able to pass the ball. We have signed the only Dutch player without these attributes.:boo hoo:

Hibs90
31-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Got to laugh at people judging him after 3 league games

Callum_62
31-08-2010, 07:32 AM
****ing hilarious eh! :rolleyes:

He pretty much always passes it backwards...why...coz he thinks he has someone up his erchie at all times....I think thats called getting to grips with the Scottish game.

hes proved he can be box to box with his goals against Maribor...

I think he will be a good signing.

I alwasy think back to Petit at Arsenal when foreigners arrive...he was utter utter pesh when he 1s joined

marinello59
31-08-2010, 07:34 AM
To play that position you need a good touch, and be able to pass the ball. We have signed the only Dutch player without these attributes.:boo hoo:

Three league games and you have totally written him off?
How many more games do you think Yogi should get to win over his doubters?

DCI Gene Hunt
31-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Too early to write him off yet. Bearing in mind the poor performance of the team as a whole... :hmmm:

Hunt

allezsauzee
31-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Typical knee jerk reaction that we seem to getting on here nowadays. I seem to remember people saying he should be captain before setting eyes on the guy, now after 3 games of playing in an unfamiliar team, country and position , he's a total waste of space? He's not been spectacular by any means but lets give him a chance eh?

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Three league games and you have totally written him off?
How many more games do you think Yogi should get to win over his doubters?

You can give him as long as you like, i think he's pish. If he turns it round, starts to get box to box and passes the ball to players in green. And if he starts to win some tackles and drives the team forward i will admit i'm wrong. Yogi can GTF if the rumours about him telling Riordan to find a new club is true.

He can also GTF if he persisits in playing Hogg De graff and Nish. You can also throw in Rankin too. If he persists in playing this narrow football,with no width and no pace and we are struggling at the wrong end of the league, he wont need me to tell him to GTF, Petrie will do it for me. If the same tactics and formation get us into a european fight though, he will and should be given more time, unless we think thats not good enough?