PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Must Go (merged)

JCHibby
29-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Not got an effin clue. Take Riordan off and leave De Girafee on and Single Fish... Have a word.:grr:

blairwallace
29-08-2010, 02:52 PM
or nish up front.

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Not got an effin clue. Take Riordan off and leave De Girafee on and Single Fish... Have a word.:grr:

Aye give me Jeffries any day of the week :agree:

hibees707070
29-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Not just that he brings Galbraith on at left back? I just thought Murray wasn't on the bench. Should have hooked De graaf! Get him out!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Cannae see there being any need for folk to worry about getting a ticket for games @ ER, Its going to be a long season ahead for us, nice stands though!

bigstu
29-08-2010, 02:58 PM
something has to change because we are crap

TheMentalHibees
29-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Yogi definitely needs to take a leaf out of ****gy and scooby doo's book..... and get a clue!

Toaods
29-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Stokes was absolutely abysmal and gave a shocker of a lay off to St Mirren that led to the pressure and eventually goal.

To take Deek off, whilst Wotherspoon had someone else's feet on and Nish was wearing Ken Buchanan's lead boots was so out of touch with reality it was beyond belief.

we're friggin murder and no wonder Petrie has turned the transfer cash tap off.

PaulSmith
29-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Wholeheartedly agree with post.
You just knew how we'd play today. Ie out fought and one paced.
Digusting 'performance' and I hope that Hughes is either sacked before the next game or gets that pissed off with the sale of bamba and stokes that he resigns.

Greenblood70
29-08-2010, 03:08 PM
No doubt theres been worse Hibs teams in the past but this one is so boring to watch its untrue.

Davy Mac
29-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Stokes was absolutely abbysmal and gave a shocker of a lay off to St Mirren that led to the pressure and eventually goal.

To take Deek off , whilst Wotherspoon had someone else's feet on and Nish was wearing Ken Buchanan's lead boots was so out of touch with reality it was beyond belief.

Only one outcome as we know........

Sprouleflyer
29-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Yogi, just what is this style you are trying to get Hibs to play?

Utter bollox today, Riordan, Stokes and Nish up front just does not work, how many times are you going to try this combination?????

We have a midfield that seems to turn back on it’s self and slows the play down.

We have no width, we are so easy to defend against as everything we do is through the middle.

We have such a week defence, poorly organised by both the captain and probably your training methods.

No fight in the team and a squad of players that feel no hurt when beaten.

Time for me to say………Yogi GTF!!!!!!!

Just Jimmy
29-08-2010, 03:10 PM
whats the problem folks? we have an amazing stadium and a great training complex. We don't need to sell players (well...except mibbie our only threat from open play to celtic). We hardly have any debt either.

Just the small matter of why folk buy a season ticket...the TEAM is complete and utter pish!

hibsfan
29-08-2010, 03:10 PM
He really ain't got a clue

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 03:11 PM
We've got the base...stadium training complex etc...We don't have the manager.

Ernie Cobra
29-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Aye give me Jeffries any day of the week :agree:

Aye ythats right he must be a jambo because he criticised the "manager"

HAVE A WORD....THAT IS POSSIBLY THE BIGGEST LOT OF ***** I HAVE WATCHED IN A LOING TIME

Choose yer response from these.....

"its no yogis fault":boo hoo:
"get behind the team":yawn:
"yous urnae real fans":bye:
"Yogi needs time":bitchy:
"get off nishys case he's better than ......":grr:

YOGI JUST **** OFF NOW

Last Minute
29-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Yogi get to F*** sick of watching this crap:grr:

Please go now

Hin10
29-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Never been one to tell him to go as he deserved some time. But watching that today was gauling. GTF!

Red Cabbage
He must go - not got a clue!

HIBERNIAN-0762
I just hope Rod is happy to keep watching this crap week in week out, Duff Jimmy springs to mind with this what must be the worst performance I have seen in many a year, utterly clueless everywhere on the pitch, there is no sign of any improvement in any position as far as I can see.

Hughes barely got off his fat erse all day for some reason, hopefully he will be thinking of the best way to hand in his resignation.

If we can't beat or even at least draw a team who played nearly two hours up in Dingwall during the week then it's really time for a management change.

Pathetic!

KiddA
29-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Have to agree he has had enough time :agree:

That was a disgrace :boo hoo:

Hibs90
Aye ythats right he must be a jambo because he criticised the "manager"

HAVE A WORD....THAT IS POSSIBLY THE BIGGEST LOT OF ***** I HAVE WATCHED IN A LOING TIME

Choose yer response from these.....

"its no yogis fault":boo hoo:
"get behind the team":yawn:
"yous urnae real fans":bye:
"Yogi needs time":bitchy:
"get off nishys case he's better than ......":grr:

YOGI JUST **** OFF NOW

I was actually being serious. I'd much rather have Jumbo Jim than Yogi right now.

Col2
His subs and re-organising when we went one down was just criminal.

He has no plan b and plan a usually involves being overcrowded in midfield.

How Nish, de Graff and Withorspoon finished th game without getting hooked was beyond me. We are knew it , Thicot would be a liability at right back and nish would be useless as normal.

Had enough - time for a change.

HFC 0-7
Stokes was absolutely abbysmal and gave a shocker of a lay off to St Mirren that led to the pressure and eventually goal.

To take Deek off , whilst Wotherspoon had someone else's feet on and Nish was wearing Ken Buchanan's lead boots was so out of touch with reality it was beyond belief.

Didnt think he played well but blaming him for the goal is a bit much!! Mis placed pass that led to some pressure which led to a free kick which led to hogg being out jumped which led to thicot being slow off his marks which led to the goal!

Taking off riordan and leaving Nish on was a mistake. Galbraith coming on at left back was a mistake. Is it just me or does anyone else think galbraith should be given a proper chance in the correct position? He looks like the only person willing to take on a player and he has pace!

Saorsa
29-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Clueless yet again, Hughes GTF :bye:

Number69
29-08-2010, 03:16 PM

At least you're still supporting him with your avatar :greengrin

Jazza
29-08-2010, 03:17 PM
That is a bottom 6 team wi that clown running things,

was looking for 9 points from the next 3 games, lucky if we get 3

Please do the decent thing and GO

Matty_Jack04
todays game has sickened me!

the subs yogi made today where unbeleivably daft, wotherspoon nish and degraaf where well off the pace and just total p!sh today yet lasted the 90, galbraith on at left back!!!! where did that genius come from! :grr:

he needs to make some changes to tactics and playing squad whatever it is he's attempting is not working out, there is no creative spark from midfeild there is no organisation at the back and theres nothing upfront unless the ball is played to stokes inside the box, lack of real pace is frightning also very one dimensional team

GET IT SORTED OOOT!!!:grr:

HFC 0-7

Utter bollox today, Riordan, Stokes and Nish up front just does not work, how many times are you going to try this combination?????

We have a midfield that seems to turn back on it’s self and slows the play down.

We have no width, we are so easy to defend against as everything we do is through the middle.

We have such a week defence, poorly organised by both the captain and probably your training methods.

Totally agree with your post, regards to the bold bit, I know what he was trying he wants to make the midfield narrow so it makes space for the right and left back to bomb up the pitch. One problem here, we dont have a decent enough right and left back to do it, and yet again Yogi cant see that his system doesnt work!

essexhibee
29-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Yogi is a ****ing joke.

DIRE.

Wull
29-08-2010, 03:19 PM
the HI commentator summed it up by saying "that was not a performance you could possibly accept from a Hibees team" (well words to that effect)
There have been so many crap performances since last January that I cannot accept the manager can sit back and sprout bland sh*t about "the boys efforts". This is not good enough by a long long looooong way. Petrie must act NOW! before we find ourselves lost in the depths of the SPL.:grr:

Matty_Jack04
[QUOTE=hibs13681;2560515]Didnt think he played well but blaming him for the goal is a bit much!! Mis placed pass that led to some pressure which led to a free kick which led to hogg being out jumped which led to thicot being slow off his marks which led to the goal!

why did brown no come out and flatten dargo??

HIBERNIAN-0762
I agree as I've said on another thread, the happy clappers are quiet but as soon as night falls they will come sqirming out from under the bed covers.

"Get behind the team"

"It's not Yogi's fault"

"We strung three passes together today you know"

:bye:

Davy Mac
29-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't want to hear 'give him time to build a team' crap, the guy clearly is struggling as the shape of our team is so poor.

Relentless stubborness and the performances this year are awful to watch.

Just look at the empty spaces last week, no desire or inspiration to watch a team that get's horsed by the worst gers team in history.

Rodders, the lights are going out for everybody.

Lago
29-08-2010, 03:20 PM
No doubt theres been worse Hibs teams in the past but this one is so boring to watch its untrue.

Headless chickens out there today, don't think any of them had a clue. Slow build up square passing, Hogg to Bamba back to Hogg back to Bamaba. Hughes famous I've got goals in my team is now a distant memory.

KiddA
29-08-2010, 03:22 PM

I don't think we played all that bad last week yet he changes it and brings Nish back into the fold :confused: Nish is up there with one of the worst players I have ever seen at Hibs, he reminds me of Paul Tosh.

Also great to see our captain Chris Hogg driving the boys on right up until the last minute :bitchy:

Huge clear out required :agree: I can see another Jim Duffy type season if Hibs don't start making changes starting with the manager.

Alarm bells are starting to ring and it is only game 3

Hibby 2005
29-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I think Yogi knew his days were numbered after the 3-0 tactical mess that was his first game in Europe as a Hibs Manager. Petrie had given him money to spend as well as a nice pre-season tour of Holland as preperation. Since the European exit, as has been stated before with Collins and Mixu, the purse strings have been tightened and Yogi will no doubt use that as an excuse when he finally goes.

lucky
29-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Not one who has called for the manager to go, and still not, but today was awful. His subs were bizarre. He took of both our full backs (Center halves playing out of position) Then puts a winger on at full back. Then switches him again with our recognised left back and then leaves De Graaf and Wotherspoon on the pitch. I wont even mention Nish.

Things have to improve or the big shinney new stand will be empty. That really was dire today. Hibs play best with a 4-4-2 formation.

My £405 spent on a ST does not look like a wise choice.

hibbytillidie
29-08-2010, 03:26 PM
st mirren with 4 ex cowdenbeth players in their team today
whats that tell you yogi

Tyler Durden
29-08-2010, 03:27 PM
As anyone watchin on Sky would've seen, they now do those embarassing 'in game' interviews. The guy spoke to Yogi after about 35 minutes and to be fair his summary was quite accurate. He said we'd played some decent stuff but our distribution was poor/sloppy especially in the final third. And that our full backs were key as they were our out ball. I'd have agreed with all of that.

So what did he actually do to improve things? To persist with Thicot past HT was criminal, we could have moved Spoony back and added another central midfielder to cancel out their numerical advantage in the centre. Instead Yogi waits til after Thicot had cost us the goal that he predictably would. To then keep him on any longer and put Galbraith on at LB beggars belief. When he finally added another midfielder in Rankin its at the expense of Riordan???? What is he watching?

I remember last year Yogi talked about his Falkirk team viewing Hibs as a soft touch. He's done nothing to make us any harder to beat, quite the opposite. We need to have a net intake of players this week to salvage Yogi's Hibs I think. Just can't see it happening.

Jones28
Who wouldn't?! Jumbo jim and his jambo jambouri are winning one nil. Hibs on the other hand had nothing positive to take from that.
No skill! How is it that with the multi million fabby dabby doo training centre we can't cross?
Why is it that we can't play the ball along the ground accurately?
Why is it that our two players who have all the class and experience can't link up or string three passes together.
In fact, why not have jimmy calderwood?

delbert
The one positive from today - that finally, finally the penny has dropped for some that 'a good guy and a good hibby' does not make a good manager. A stubborn know-it-all buffoon who will relegate us before admitting the he is wrong, and some fans do actually know an utterly pish team when they see it. This has been going on since Christmas last year, by Christmas this year I confidently predict we will be in a relegation fight, why, because that's exactly where he led his last team. Once again please, all decent Hibs fans, wake up for the good of this club that we love, and get this idiot out, although even if we do the sensible thing and sack him, the new manager will have the same sows ear to work with, God help him - but God help us all if do not bullet this third rate jokester !!

MrSmith
29-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Been out and about all day ferrying the kids here and there but have managed to listen on the radio.

From what I heard Hibs were clueless, looked to have no shape and didn't know what to do with the ball when we had it - according to the commentators. Have to admit though, I expected to lose this one today...

As much as I hate to say it, unless something gives/changes we will be lucky to stay in the top 12 never mind the top six!!

Toaods
29-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Also great to see our captain Chris Hogg driving the boys on right up until the last minute :bitchy:

did you see when there was barely 2 mins left and injury time, he won an average interception against the tiring striker, storde forward to just passed the half way, squared it off to Murray, then turned and jogged back the way.

wick hibby
29-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I am sorry but it IS time for HUGHES 2 g 2 f It is going 2 be a long long season :grr::grr:

Dr Jimmy
29-08-2010, 03:32 PM
he is way out of his depth and how anyone can take a left back off put a winger at left back then put a left back on is beyond me.
what does nish have to do be dropped and what does Galbraith have to do to get a chance? petrie for the love of god get him to **** now!

sesoim
29-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Who wouldn't?! Jumbo jim and his jambo jambouri are winning one nil. Hibs on the other hand had nothing positive to take from that.
No skill! How is it that with the multi million fabby dabby doo training centre we can't cross?
Why is it that we can't play the ball along the ground accurately?
Why is it that our two players who have all the class and experience can't link up or string three passes together.
In fact, why not have jimmy calderwood?

We'd be sitting comfortably in the top three with Calderwood in charge. He has yet to do a bad job anywhere - some folk just seem to be put off by his image.

ekhibee
29-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Not one who has called for the manager to go, and still not, but today was awful. His subs were bizarre. He took of both our full backs (Center halves playing out of position) Then puts a winger on at full back. Then switches him again with our recognised left back and then leaves De Graaf and Wotherspoon on the pitch. I wont even mention Nish.

Things have to improve or the big shinney new stand will be empty. That really was dire today. Hibs play best with a 4-4-2 formation.

My £405 spent on a ST does not look like a wise choice.
I know the feeling. £405- which I had to think really long and hard about getting this season, and which I had to borrow money to purchase, in the hope that we wouldn't possibly be as bad as most of last season, looks like a pretty **** choice at the moment.

erskine-hibby
29-08-2010, 03:39 PM
The thing is I can't see a new manager having any more success with the players available. May as well stick with Yogi till Xmas.

It has been proved many times in the past that that is not the case. By Christmas we could be in freefall (if we are not there now?) and it will be too late.

HFC 0-7
[QUOTE=hibs13681;2560515]Didnt think he played well but blaming him for the goal is a bit much!! Mis placed pass that led to some pressure which led to a free kick which led to hogg being out jumped which led to thicot being slow off his marks which led to the goal!

why did brown no come out and flatten dargo??

Sorry, missed that one. My point was that blaming stokes for their goal because he misplaced a pass about 5 mins before the goal is a bit much.

Alfred E Newman
Unfortunately , unless he resigns, I can`t see Yogi going before our first howking from the Hearts . We are going absolutely nowhere under this clown and his backroom team. Where are the emerging young players that our state of the art training centre was supposed to produce? Wotherspoon and Hanlon are getting worse by the day and as for the hyped up De Graaf the less said the better.

hibiedude
29-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Some have been saying for a long time that we have clown in charge but the happy clappers still defend Yogi.

Stokes should have been hooked
today with all the transfer
talk going on.

As for taking Roirdan off that just proved that Yogi hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

erin-go-bragh87
29-08-2010, 03:40 PM
He has no idea how to run a team or make subs to change a game. If he loves the club as much as he claims to he should walk away tonight, but he wont and he wont be sacked so it looks like another disappointing season of frustration and inept performances. I wont stop going or supporting the team though, regardless of how bad it gets.

This is all just part and parcel of being a hibby.

Time for the manager to go and get someone else in to get the squad of players that we have playing like they should be, because in my opinion our squad is above average in the SPL and we should be winning games like today.

GGTH

Springbank
29-08-2010, 03:42 PM
The thing is I can't see a new manager having any more success with the players available. May as well stick with Yogi till Xmas.

I disagree.

Many non-OF fans (supporters of M'well, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc) would say Hibs have the third or even second best pool in the league.

We underachieve for our resources at the moment.

Miller, Riordan, Stokes, Bamba, Murray ought to be a formidable spine with goals at one end and a tough defence at the other.

We currently are neither of these things, nor have we been since Parkhead in early 2010.

wick hibby

It will 2 late then get RID NOW :grr::grr:

PaulSmith
Since February in the SPL.

W 4
D 3
L 12

Absolutely shocking record and I cannot see any sign at all that Hughes will change anything or provide an ounce of confidence that he can turn it around

HFC 0-7
29-08-2010, 03:43 PM
The one positive from today - that finally, finally the penny has dropped for some that 'a good guy and a good hibby' does not make a good manager. A stubborn know-it-all buffoon who will relegate us before admitting the he is wrong, and some fans do actually know an utterly pish team when they see it. This has been going on since Christmas last year, by Christmas this year I confidently predict we will be in a relegation fight, why, because that's exactly where he led his last team. Once again please, all decent Hibs fans, wake up for the good of this club that we love, and get this idiot out, although even if we do the sensible thing and sack him, the new manager will have the same sows ear to work with, God help him - but God help us all if do not bullet this third rate jokester !!

The only positive for me was, while watching the game on SKY, you could here some St Mirren fan quite clearly belting out Eye of the Tiger. Quite apt when you think that St Mirren had fight and we appeared more to have the eye of a sloth!

HFC 0-7
29-08-2010, 03:47 PM

When a new manager comes in it gives the team a lift straight away. We know that this team is capable if played the right way as we see glimpses of it every now and again. The problem is the managers tactics, players out of position, wrong formation, not changing the tactics during the game, wrong players in the starting 11.

Get a new manager in now and maybe we can have a couple of signings before the window shuts, or a couple of loan signings / players out of contract after or at the very least we will have a proper formation and the correct players playing.

hibee4life1983
29-08-2010, 03:50 PM
A new manager is in my thoughts but i have to say that if he just played players in there natural position things would shape up, dont play nish up front, dont play hogg at cb, put deek up front wer he belongs and play galbraith at lm, put murray at left bk and play hannlon and bamba in central d. Easy, resolute my arse

KiddA
29-08-2010, 03:50 PM
did you see when there was barely 2 mins left and injury time, he won an average interception against the tiring striker, storde forward to just passed the half way, squared it off to Murray, then turned and jogged back the way.

Yeah I did see that, I had a huge debate last week about Hogg not giving 100% that is just another example. I also don't think he got off the ground from the challenge for the knock down for there goal. Truly awful player but I have honestly debated Hogg to death over the last few weeks and the Hogg brigade will be out soon giving it here we go again and the typical :bye: response and I am wrong and how can you question his commitment blah blah blah

I am just tired of it now and fed up :yawn:

Very frustrating to say the very least :grr:

Davy Mac
29-08-2010, 03:51 PM
When a new manager comes in it gives the team a lift straight away. We know that this team is capable if played the right way as we see glimpses of it every now and again. The problem is the managers tactics, players out of position, wrong formation, not changing the tactics during the game, wrong players in the starting 11.

Get a new manager in now and maybe we can have a couple of signings before the window shuts, or a couple of loan signings / players out of contract after or at the very least we will have a proper formation and the correct players playing.

Agreed.

Sod this with giving him until xmas, move him out sharpish.

Nobody is bigger than this club and sad to say his time is up, agreed with his appointment at the time but he's had his chance and he's blown it.

It happens eh, happens to most of us in competitive industries Hibs FC are no different.

SneakersO'Toole
29-08-2010, 03:52 PM
The fact that he reverted back to 4-3-3 today illustrates the guys incompetence.

Gus Fring
29-08-2010, 03:54 PM
The fact the team isnt playing well is down to the manager imo. Yogi obviously cant motivate them. You'd never catch a Man Utd player sitting with his feet up or with his shorts hiked up cupping his balls for fear of what fergie would do. (i know we're not the same level as man u)

We have some class players in our team, Murray, Wotherspoon, Bamba, Miller, Deek, Stokes, Galbraith but I dont think there earning their place right now. The basic starting line up seems to have been the same since xmas.

erin go bragh
29-08-2010, 03:55 PM
hogg should never had been made captain , end of.
really fed up with yogi and his inability to change a game ,
we never looked like scoring after they scored and thats not good enough.
every one can see we need to play 442 with galbraith on the left , stokes and deeks up front[zemmama on the right ,when fit] our squad is a lot better now than when mixu had it but its like mixu wearing a yogi mask and not changing things when needed.
do think it would be best if yogi did the decent thing and resigned.
shame as i really think he is a hi bee to the core but just out of his depth.

hiberactive
29-08-2010, 03:57 PM
The club has to get away from appointing ex players as managers-it clearly does not work-it feels like groundhog day every season.we start well,then struggle and the managers cant seem to change it.i think Hughes biggest problem has been his failure to buy recognised full backs and a commanding centre half.every week we have two or three players rotating the full back slot.the other glaring problem for me is the lack of pace throughout the whole team-no pace up front,in midfield or apart from Bamba in defence.Im sure everybody wants Hughes to suceed but its not going to happen,i think the win at M/well gave him a record of 1 win out of about 20-may be wrong but its sacking material.we need an older experianced manager who can shape a team-hate to say it-a Craig Brown type.

ScottB
29-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Utterly unacceptable to go to St Mirren and lose, they've been hopeless this season and played 2 hours up North only a few days ago.

Hughes has not learned a damn thing so far this year, he still persists with ineffective tactics, bizarre or mistimed substitutions and just generally failing to read or change the game.

His record since Christmas is atrocious and, as he has thus far failed to show sign of recognising that there is a problem with him (he is after all still 'building his side' despite having signed about 10 players in the last year and a half) then it will keep going, and we will be dragged into a relegation fight that our bottleless team won't have the fight for.

Don't get me wrong, I still think we have a side capable of fighting for third, we have plenty players who could walk into any other side in the league, or certainly the non Old Firm ones. What we lack is a manager.

And this time, I hope Petrie, who in recent years has been happy to splash the cash on infrastructure, and indeed increasingly expensive players, recognises that what we need to splash the cash on is a quality manager; no more SPL journeymen, ex player 'Hibs men' or anything like that. For all his good work, Petrie has presided over quite a lot of poor manager choices, now is the time for the Iron Tasche to shine.

BEEJ
29-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Since February in the SPL.

W 4
D 3
L 12

Absolutely shocking record and I cannot see any sign at all that Hughes will change anything or provide an ounce of confidence that he can turn it around
That's 19 matches, the equivalent of half an SPL season. And just 15 points gained in those fixtures.

Worrying!

lucky
29-08-2010, 04:14 PM
As I have said earlier in this thread I think its to early to get rid of him, however he needs to recognize that we don't play well playing 4-3-3. Hibs best performances have been 4-4-2.

There are clearly a number of player that are not good enough. Nish, Hogg, Thicot, Stevenson, Smith/Stack and Rankin.

We do need pace and width in the team. But we need a strong center forward for Deeks to play off. (I'm assuming Ants is away) If Hibs sell Bamba before Tuesday I will be seriously worried over our desire and fight should be dragged into a relegation battle.

He also needs to give Wotherspoon a rest. He is a young player who is being asked to do to much. As for switching positions of two 20 year old's during a game is crazy. They need to play in a steady position to give them confidence. Then rest them and give them another run in the team.

Overall the standard of football has been shocking but results over the whole of last season positive.

The_Todd
29-08-2010, 04:21 PM
On the plus side a relegation battle is always more exciting than a dull top six finish :cool2:

ionahibby
29-08-2010, 04:27 PM
As I have said earlier in this thread I think its to early to get rid of him, however he needs to recognize that we don't play well playing 4-3-3. Hibs best performances have been 4-4-2.

There are clearly a number of player that are not good enough. Nish, Hogg, Thicot, Stevenson, Smith/Stack and Rankin.

We do need pace and width in the team. But we need a strong center forward for Deeks to play off. (I'm assuming Ants is away) If Hibs sell Bamba before Tuesday I will be seriously worried over our desire and fight should be dragged into a relegation battle.

He also needs to give Wotherspoon a rest. He is a young player who is being asked to do to much. As for switching positions of two 20 year old's during a game is crazy. They need to play in a steady position to give them confidence. Then rest them and give them another run in the team.

Overall the standard of football has been shocking but results over the whole of last season positive.

:agree: agree but be careful defending yogi does not seem to be allowed on here :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2010, 04:35 PM
This **** This ***** This **** and This ******* are about the worst swear words I can think of.

I am a self confessed happy clapper and never shout for a manager to get the boot, cause no matter how hard I try I cant forget that this is a mans livelyhood.

But THAT was the WORST effort I have seen from what should be ashamed to call itself a HIBS team for about 20 years.

Yogi ( poor Yogi ) doesnt have a bloody clue. To leave De Graff or Nish on the park and take off Riordan was a total bloody joke.

Galbraith at LB even for 2 minutes when Murray was on the bench... Eh !!! .. What ???

No width ... No battle ... no ideas ... etc etc etc

Nish ........... fffffiing what !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hogg ..... sorry mate but you aint no captain ... end of.

Back to De Graff .... No wonder you chose Scotland from all the supposed options you had ... This is where you thought you would get away with the FACT that you have lost any pace you had, have forgotten how to pass the ball and have all the battling midfield attributes of Julian Cleary.

And though I have singled out some players, the rest were barely any better.

All this made all the worse by the fact that St Mirren played and looked like a team who would be pushed to finish in the top 6 of the first division.

As a happy clapper I will never give up on Hibs and will be at all of the home games this season no matter what. But a performance like that was totally unacceptable and a bloody insult to the poor souls who went through there to support the team. Made worse by a manager who I am sad to say week by week seems to be going out of his way to prove that he doesnt have a clue what the F he is doing.

Sorry Yogi ....... Bye !!! :bitchy:

Oh and P.S.

Dinny geese yer sheeoit about on line folk having a go from behind their keyboards Yogi. If you read this and want to have a go, just get yersel on line and I will give you my real name and we can meet up and have a face to face discussion about this any time you like.

ScottB
29-08-2010, 04:36 PM

But that's the problem, he doesn't recognise anything!

We played fairly well in the first half last week against Rangers, does he stick with that system? Hell no! Why dot that when you can muck things up and play players out of position!

As for last season, the first half was pretty positive, if blessed by a decent amount of good luck. How anyone could term the second half as positive is beyond me.

We are in the midst of the worst overall run of form I can remember, stretching back to Christmas, and our worst ever run of form at home. Those 2 facts alone say to me he isn't the man for the job. Believe me, I'd have loved it if he could have got the team working and made a go of it, but he just keeps making the same mistakes. That says to me that he doesn't think the problems rest with him and that's a dangerous situation for us to be in.

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 04:37 PM
De Graff - totally ineffective
Thicot - the fact that he is still here after 2 years sums up how bad our defence has been over that period
Hogg - is Hogg

one day maybe...
29-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Don't understand why we cant go with a 3 5 2 formation.

Brown

stephen bamba hanlon

wotherspoon galbraith
mcrbride rankin

miller

stokes riordan

Mcbride and Rankin giving protection doing the donkey work for when our two wide boys with pace get forward and things break down.

SIMPLES :wink:

sauzee
29-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Don't understand why we cant go with a 3 5 2 formation.

Brown

stephen bamba hanlon

wotherspoon galbraith
mcrbride rankin

miller

stokes riordan

Mcbride and Rankin giving protection doing the donkey work for when our two wide boys with pace get forward and things break down.

SIMPLES :wink:
#
play these players in any formation you want,the problem is,at least 5 of those players just aren't good enough, FACT!

Toaods
29-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Sorry Yogi ....... Bye !!! :bitchy:

...BOVRIL says 'yer teas oot'....:greengrin

one day maybe...
29-08-2010, 04:53 PM
#
play these players in any formation you want,the problem is,at least 5 of those players just aren't good enough, FACT!

5 expalin :confused: IMO at the club at the moment that is probably as good as we have. Rankin and Mcribe although not blessed with talent know there limitations. Wotherspoon and galbraith both provide pace and enthusiasm. Miller gives finesse, Stokes and Riordan both know how to hit the back of the pokey. At the back bamba gives us a no nonsense approach and hopefully Stephens and Hanlon can give us a bit of pace. Don't know who else from the current squad could improve this, but feel free to add or take away. :wink:

ScottB
29-08-2010, 04:55 PM
#

But that's just it, in comparison to who?

I would argue that Rankin and co are still good enough in comparison to the average SPL player.

Sure, most of our squad aren't as good as Stokes, Riordan, Miller and Bamba, but hell, we are Hibs, and on our budget and in this league we are never going to have a team of 11 players at that level, we will have a few plus the average hard working type.

A decent formation and workable tactics would go a long way to solving our current dilemma, a wholescale change of the playing squad isn't going to happen in the short to medium term.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Stokes was absolutely abysmal and gave a shocker of a lay off to St Mirren that led to the pressure and eventually goal.

To take Deek off, whilst Wotherspoon had someone else's feet on and Nish was wearing Ken Buchanan's lead boots was so out of touch with reality it was beyond belief.

When asked about Stokes, Yogi said his mind might have been elsewhere...... So why did you start him then???

marinello59
29-08-2010, 05:22 PM
When asked about Stokes, Yogi said his mind might have been elsewhere...... So why did you start him then???

And added that he may have made a mistake in doing so.

And if he hadn't picked him???????

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 05:27 PM
st mirren with 4 ex cowdenbeth players in their team today
whats that tell you yogi

The St Mirren manager used to manage Cowdenbeath? :dunno:

We could be relegated by that time if this implosion continues.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 05:27 PM
And added that he may have made a mistake in doing so.

And if he hadn't picked him???????

Would we have noticed?

Gala Foxes
29-08-2010, 05:29 PM
The St Mirren manager used to manage Cowdenbeath? :dunno:

We could be relegated by that time if this implosion continues.

Hughes was at Cowdenbeath-Partick yesterday, when there is a full card of fixtures in England, is that our level ?

Westie1875
29-08-2010, 05:30 PM
The fact that he reverted back to 4-3-3 today illustrates the guys incompetence.

This says it all for me, his stubborness will lose him his job in the end.

marinello59
29-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Would we have noticed?

Typical Yogi,, why didn't he use hindsight.:grr:

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Typical Yogi,, why didn't he use hindsight.:grr:

:greengrin

Hindsight not needed, just a brain:wink:

marinello59
29-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Hindsight not needed, just a brain:wink:

Where was the ten pager calling for Stokes to be dropped for todays game then? :confused:

Toaods
29-08-2010, 05:35 PM
you could see after 20 mins he was not interested. It was Yogi's job to have sussed that out before naming his team.

HFC07
29-08-2010, 05:36 PM
i think folk are very quick to jump on yogi's back, however not completely blameless. The players need to stand up and take a bow for that shocking performance by slack passing, slow pace and generally poor awayness of their positioning on the field.

I don't think sacking yogi is the answer.

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Where was the ten pager calling for Stokes to be dropped for todays game then? :confused:

I was surprised he was in the team, let alone the squad...... Looked as interested today as he did last sunday..........

Baldy Foghorn
29-08-2010, 05:37 PM
you could see after 20 mins he was not interested. It was Yogi's job to have sussed that out before naming his team.

:top marks

At The Edge
29-08-2010, 05:57 PM
i think folk are very quick to jump on yogi's back, however not completely blameless. The players need to stand up and take a bow for that shocking performance by slack passing, slow pace and generally poor awayness of their positioning on the field.

Its then a vicious circle, what are they doing at East Mains? Is the slow pace down to Yogi and his vision of playing, so the team have adjusted to the slow pace, we then have the problem of no-one during a game seems to be able to pick up the pace, get things moving, Hogg for all his faults is at the moment not a captain and offer no leadership abilities to his fellow players.
Yogi again baffles with his subs, the team do seem unfit at times, again what are they doing at East Mains?

Yogi possibly has 2 games which are must win, defeats to ICT and Hamilton will be the straw that breaks the Fans back (if its not already)

Petrie has a tough choice now, keep Yogi on, Give him the cash to bring in new players, take the risk that Yogi will turn it around or keep the cash and bullet Yogi and with the cash Hibs have to pay off Yogi, then bring in someone else.

IMO we haven't got a bad squad in general, what we have is a lack of leadership both on and off the park
I do think that a clued up manager would get a lot better from our players than at present.
Again these are my thoughts and at present i'm slightly confused to either laugh or cry at Hibs/Yogi

Off to lie down :confused:

stokesmessiah
29-08-2010, 06:14 PM

I have held off to give Yogi a chance to make amends for last season but today was unbelieveable. His substitutions were absolutely rank and we looked clueless all day.

THe first half of last season we had some really fortunate results and i think this made people give JH the benefit of the doubt when things started going wrong.

Im not sure i agree with the idea that its the team we have though, i do think we have some very good players in our team, but we just seem clueless. We have got no shape, we are tactically naive and all over the pitch people look confused as to whats supposed to be going on.

I think a better manager than Yogi would get a lot more out of what we have.

sesoim
29-08-2010, 06:28 PM

I'd still rather have started with Stokes, interested or not, than Nish. Either way, Hughes just doesn't know how to pick a team. We have enough good midfielders to dominate games, but by playing a 4-3-3 we're effectively a man down from the start.

Sammy7nil
29-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Nail Head except : Yogi go with my best wishes :agree:

LancashireHibby
29-08-2010, 07:39 PM
What's the point of getting rid of Yogi 48 hours before the transfer window shuts? We might as well keep hold of him for a couple of months before bringing in a new guy ahead of the January window.

down the slope
29-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Aye,wait till we are bottom of the league !

LancashireHibby
29-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Aye,wait till we are bottom of the league !

Unless we're planning on appointing Jesus Christ as manager, there's not a lot a new guy could do with the existing squad, is there? Even with all the options available to us, we're still pretty weak down the middle of the park.

Radium
29-08-2010, 07:51 PM

I have held off to give Yogi a chance to make amends for last season but today was unbelieveable. His substitutions were absolutely rank and we looked clueless all day.

THe first half of last season we had some really fortunate results and i think this made people give JH the benefit of the doubt when things started going wrong.

Im not sure i agree with the idea that its the team we have though, i do think we have some very good players in our team, but we just seem clueless. We have got no shape, we are tactically naive and all over the pitch people look confused as to whats supposed to be going on.

I think a better manager than Yogi would get a lot more out of what we have.

:thumbsup: The managers job is to build a squad and mould the team, Hughes has not built a balanced squad, which cost us today, and has failed to develop a team that can even compete in the SPL. Best for all that he moves on now

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2010, 08:22 PM
What's the point of getting rid of Yogi 48 hours before the transfer window shuts? We might as well keep hold of him for a couple of months before bringing in a new guy ahead of the January window.

Because he'll keep playing Hogg and Nish amongst several other quite serious faults like making the wrong subbies and no being able to change a game. The mans a dafty and the quicker we get shot, the better!:wink:

RickyS
29-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Unless we're planning on appointing Jesus Christ as manager, there's not a lot a new guy could do with the existing squad, is there? Even with all the options available to us, we're still pretty weak down the middle of the park.

I don't go along with that, Craig Brown got more than Gannon did out of their squad. Calderwood at Killie, Jeffries at the Yams, Smith when he returned to Ibrox to name a few.
I believe that there are 9 managers in this league who would swap squads without hesitation.

Ed De Gramo
29-08-2010, 09:06 PM

I agree with some of that...

But leave Nish alone FFS.....

Stupid welt :agree:

Liams
29-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Obviously everyone has been quite upset about our last performance, but we cant just start calling for yogi's head. In the last 5years we have had 4 managers. We Cant just start calling for a persons head after a dip in form. We Need to give him more time. We obviously started great under yogi last season and should of had 3rd place sealed by half way through the season, but we still managed to finish 4th when the teams around us where hitting there peak (Well, Utd) and if you compare that to previous season under mixu we finished with just 47 points in 6th place. Now i am not saying yogi is the best in the world tactically or whatever but lets just get behind the manger and team :greengrin

GGTTH

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Obviously everyone has been quite upset about our last performance, but we cant just start calling for yogi's head. In the last 5years we have had 4 managers. We Cant just start calling for a persons head after a dip in form. We Need to give him more time. We obviously started great under yogi last season and should of had 3rd place sealed by half way through the season, but we still managed to finish 4th when the teams around us where hitting there peak (Well, Utd) and if you compare that to previous season under mixu we finished with just 47 points in 6th place. Now i am not saying yogi is the best in the world tactically or whatever but lets just get behind the manger and team :greengrin

GGTTH

I smell a Yam :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Get behind the manger - we appointed JC before, it didnt work out!

DC_Hibs
4 wins in the last 23 competitive games is a dip in form alright.

He has also had 3 transfer windows (15 players?) to address our shortfalls and has failed.

Seems pretty clear cut to me who the problem is.

MrSmith

GGTTH

That's some first post! A lot of 'we' and stick with the manager?? Surely as a hibee you know exactly how we all feel about the current and impending predicament we find ourselves in therefor supporting the current management structure and team is a little on thin side - don't you think?

Sammy7nil
29-08-2010, 09:28 PM

GGTTH

Dip in form has lasted 8 months
Defence have conceded 2+ every game on average
We stumbled in to 4th if Utd needed a draw on the last day they would have got it.
Knocked out both cups by Lower league teams

Need I go On ?

Yogi not the only problem but certainly the biggest problem :boo hoo:

Saorsa
29-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes!! :bye:

Jonnyboy
29-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Did you come over all religious there Hutchy? Getting the word manger and JC into the same sentence :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Aye, manger quoted from the OP.

Toaods
29-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I smell a Yam :agree:

no smelling required, this one's popped it's head right up in the open...:bye:

Littlest Hobo
29-08-2010, 09:38 PM

Can we keep this one please Admin? The boyz got balls! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Aye, manger quoted from the OP.

:thumbsup:

Liams
29-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Im just saying if u look at the team we had during the mobray era ;- Whitaker, Murphy, Jones, Brown, Thomson, Sproule, Shields, (inForm) Benji, Fletch, O'Connor, Killen, BOUZY ect...

And then at what Yogi had when he came to the club.. Now i am not saying all his signing were "A grade", but stokes, miller and McBride were all key for us during our peek time. We just dont have the team to that we had 5 years ago and its not gonna change so can we stop given him stick and get behind him? or do we have to start all over again? AND what happens if he does go and we get another mixu?

Liams
29-08-2010, 09:44 PM

AND im not a YAM im a 16year old hibs fan thats been watching hibs since Bobby Williamson.

stewthehibee
29-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Im just saying if u look at the team we had during the mobray era ;- Whitaker, Murphy, Jones, Brown, Thomson, Sproule, Shields, (inForm) Benji, Fletch, O'Connor, Killen ect...

And then at what Yogi had when he came to the club.. Now i am not saying all his signing were "A grade", but stokes, miller and McBride were all key for us during our peek time. We just dont have the team to that we had 5 years ago and its not gonna change so can we stop given him stick and get behind him? or do we have to start all over again? AND what happens if he does go and we get another mixu? I think Yogi has blown it more times than mixu ever did!!!

Emerald
29-08-2010, 09:50 PM
AND im not a YAM im a 16year old hibs fan thats been watching hibs since Bobby Williamson.
Lucky you! You must have missed the glory years then???

Liams
29-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Lucky you! You must have missed the glory years then???

Well yes, my glory years are; watching us get bet by livi in a final after beaten celtic and rangers in previous rounds.. Mobrays Years.. JC winning the CIS cup with Mobrays Team and Mixu and Yogi

smurf
29-08-2010, 10:17 PM
We haven't as good a team as some think but we should be much better than we are."You are the weakest link Hughes goodbye...".

silverhibee
30-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Yes!! :bye:

:agree::agree::agree:

churchie16
30-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Is Yogi Really the Problem?

Plain and simple yes has favourites and doesnt have the guts to drop them e.g hogg and nish

ian cruise
30-08-2010, 12:19 AM
its taken me a while, ive been a happy clapper, i ve been a believer, i read yogis interview this morning and it filled me full of hope, like a gullible fool i believed every word (the man talks a good game) but enoughs enough.

is he the problem, well he's the manager so buck stops with him, and what we've been seeing clearly isnt good enough. even when we were on our good run at the start of last season the football wasnt of a great standard (one or two games aside ie 45 mins against motherwell ) the signs were there but i just kept thinking give them time to settle and get used to hughes way of playing, but we've continually become worse. As someone else said watching hibs at the minute is like watching hughes falkirk team and that means bottom 6 and possibly relegation

thanks but no thanks john :bye:

Jamie
30-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes

Greenway
30-08-2010, 12:53 AM

GGTTH

Why is this so called good start always brought up as a defense for us being rubbish under John Hughes. We have never been good for any period of time under his leadership. The only reason we won the initial games last season was because defenses weren't wise to Riordan and Stokes. As soon as they were, it was game over. I watched all the games we won early on and even I could believe we won half those games. We were outplayed in most of them.

I don't think we have a great squad, but they are better than most, man for man, and we should be seeing some benefits of having a state of the art training complex. Although I can see any improvements in the team even given the fact that they have been together for over a full season now. I don't see the point in changing managers yet again, but I've had too much of this mediocre rubbish to waste much more time and money.

Perhaps if we spend some money to sign at least one quality player before the window ends I might feel different, but I suspect the departures of Stokes and Bamba will effectively finish our the season before the first Derby match.

07hibee
30-08-2010, 01:30 AM
The problem is,(in my humble opion)Rod Petrie,god bless him,is more business than football but ,in my opinion hes done wonders for us,if he gets hounded out it would be a sin

07hibee
30-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Why is this so called good start always brought up as a defense for us being rubbish under John Hughes. We have never been good for any period of time under his leadership. The only reason we won the initial games last season was because defenses weren't wise to Riordan and Stokes. As soon as they were, it was game over. I watched all the games we won early on and even I could believe we won half those games. We were outplayed in most of them.

I don't think we have a great squad, but they are better than most, man for man, and we should be seeing some benefits of having a state of the art training complex. Although I can see any improvements in the team even given the fact that they have been together for over a full season now. I don't see the point in changing managers yet again, but I've had too much of this mediocre rubbish to waste much more time and money.

Perhaps if we spend some money to sign at least one quality player before the window ends I might feel different, but I suspect the departures of Stokes and Bamba will effectively finish our the season before the first Derby match.

we were ***** the day ,against st mirren

erskine-hibby
30-08-2010, 07:22 AM

All things that should be sorted out on the training ground. So either the players are just all cr@p, which I don't believe as we have quite a few with decent backgrounds, internationalists, etc., or It's the managers system, set up and tactics that are wrong...I go for the latter.

Steve-O
30-08-2010, 08:49 AM
We looked pish against Preston North End last pre season, I was worried then! :agree:

Worst of it is, I am only half joking...

AndersonGGTTH
30-08-2010, 09:44 AM
An article shows that Hughes dissappointment of stoke's "last game"

"Today, however, Hughes revealed he was more or less resigned to losing a player who scored 23 goals last season, making yesterday's disappointing 1-0 defeat at St Mirren Stokes' last game for the Capital outfit."
:confused:

smurf
30-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Aye and himself anaw...

RickyS
30-08-2010, 09:47 AM
An article shows that Hughes dissappointment of stoke's "last game"

"Today, however, Hughes revealed he was more or less resigned to losing a player who scored 23 goals last season, making yesterday's disappointing 1-0 defeat at St Mirren Stokes' last game for the Capital outfit."

but what did he actually say to tell the reporter he was more or less resigned?

AndersonGGTTH
30-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Your 110% right there mate :top marks:bye:

sixtwo
30-08-2010, 09:48 AM
was hoping this thread would be about hughes getting his jotters!

AndersonGGTTH
30-08-2010, 09:50 AM

I'd be alot happier if this was the case:boo hoo:

AndersonGGTTH
30-08-2010, 09:52 AM
anything other that clueless bampot , saw mixu in his 10' plate x6 an he couldnt lift his head for embarraesment driving out of that "football ground"

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2010, 09:52 AM

And me...

AndersonGGTTH
30-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Hughes saying he wants to bring in 2 or 3 more players in :|, by tommorow night aye somehow that is unlikely mind you everything that happend to a hibs supporter is unlikely

joe breezy
30-08-2010, 09:58 AM
He should go now, he's had a good shot at it - we've been terrible since Christmas, we were very fortunate to get into Europe and mucked that up.

We're looking bottom 6, not top 4 - and if things continue could end up bottom 4

RickyS
30-08-2010, 10:09 AM
He should go now, he's had a good shot at it - we've been terrible since Christmas, we were very fortunate to get into Europe and mucked that up.

We're looking bottom 6, not top 4 - and if things continue could end up bottom 4
:agree: if we lose Bamba as well

ahibby
30-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't think Yogi will be out the door at this point. Stokes shouldn't have been on the pitch because his head is full of a move to Celtic. Most if not all other teams would have dropped a player in this situation, but not Hibs. Yogis hands were pretty much tied though IMO. He takes a gamble and plays the clubs top goal scorer or doesn't, but who does he replace him with. I think it shows his lack of confidence in others to get goals. Yogi made a mistake by playing Stokes and even one error like that could affect other players and it seemed to do just that. It's a pity that the deal hadn't gone through last week and a replacement or two were already at the club. I think that is were the problem lies but Hibs won't see it that way, if the delay has meant we get the maximum deal we can for Stokes then they will see that as good management/business. We the fans don't look at only that and we expect a good result at Paisley and in my books that means a draw, a win would have been a great result and a defeat is most definitely poor. Well done Hibs for apparently getting a good fee but what about the fans expectations of an effective team on the pitch, well Hibs were well short of that. 10/10 for business 0/10 for SPL strategy and they let the fans down again big time.

Expecting Rain
30-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Sad to say but it looked impossible to lose to a mediocre St Mirren team with a rookie manager, they don`t have Mehmet and Dorman, Higdon was injured, they`ll be lucky to survive in the SPL this season.
Yogi contributed to this defeat in a massive way, he plays a 4-4-2, nothing wrong with the formation but the personel involved in this system were at odds with it, Thicot is not a right back,Hanlon is not a left back, De graaf looks like joining the list of players who will eventually help Yogi on the way to the dole, Murray is a right back, Wotherspoon played plenty of games at right back last year and surely would have strolled through this game in that position,Riordan has our best two attempts at goal and is taken off, Galbraith goes to left back before the real left back comes on,Rankin enters the fray to give St Mirren the confidence boost that they need to hold on to their league.
I`m not surprised that Stokes and Bamba are looking to leave and i wouldn`t be surprised if Riordan and Miller are a bit pissed off at the moment, the confidence of Wotherspoon and Hanlon is taking a bashing, i wonder if big Colin thinks things are going well and that most of us know nothing about football as he clumsies way through yet another poor performance.

Gettin' Auld
30-08-2010, 12:05 PM
anything other that clueless bampot , saw mixu in his 10' plate x6 an he couldnt lift his head for embarraesment driving out of that "football ground"
I'm confused............

3pm
30-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I hear from my sources that the deal has been held up because Lawell refuses to take Hughes as part of the deal.

erskine-hibby
30-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I hear from my sources that the deal has been held up because Lawell refuses to take Hughes as part of the deal.

:faf::faf:

RickyS
30-08-2010, 12:12 PM
sky reporting Stokes is at E M now

Gettin' Auld
30-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I thought that JC was BORN in a manger. :greengrin

M11BMO
30-08-2010, 12:34 PM
"Is Yogi really the problem?"

Yes. Anyone can see that his decision to sub Riordan yesterday when we were chasing the game was the wrong one. And that's not the first time. It's not the players that make these tactical decisions.

bawheid
30-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Looks like if you actually back the Hibernian manager you're immediately suspected of being a yam. :rolleyes:

erskine-hibby
30-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Fixed that for ye.

Kato
30-08-2010, 12:40 PM
"Is Yogi really the problem?"

Yup.

Wish he'd go now. Better Hibbies than him have tried and failed and went of their own accord.

He's worse than hopeless.

TariqE
30-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Looks like if you actually back the Hibernian manager you're immediately suspected of being a yam. :rolleyes:

Well a yam would definately back Yogi as Hibs manager.......

basehibby
30-08-2010, 01:17 PM

GGTTH

I think ultimately as far as the form of the team is concerned the buck stops with the manager.
I'll give it a while yet before I start jumping up and down though - the season is yet young afterall and we've seen an away victory as well as an away defeat, sandwiching a home defeat to the current champs arguably influenced by weak refereeing.

By the 8th of October we'll have played every side in the league including the Jambos at ER. If the team is showing relegation form up to that point then I'll start to get worried - I'll reserve my judgement til then though.

mjhibby
30-08-2010, 01:20 PM
The thing that frustrates most hibbies about yogi is that he seems to be well aware of our shortcomings but doesnt seem to address them.Any team with stokes,riordan and miller should build the team around them and be solid all over the park,tight at the back and be flexible.Hibs are a weaker team than say even 3/4 years ago but so is the rest of the spl hence the teams getting players in from league one and our 1st division.We all have our opinions on yogis tactics but when he was getting results you couldnt argue with it.Now he does seem to be saying the same thing after every defeat to the likes of st mirren away(although it has to be said we have a shocking record there just as we have a very good one at fir park).
Yogi has assmbled a fairly good squad that should be around4/5th in the league.But thicot for instance is solid at cb but obviously not a rb.Why didnt we just slot ian murray in at rb yesterday for instance.If hanlon is going to be our future ch persevere with him beside bamba as we all think he is going to be the real deal.Why has it taken so long for mark brown to get a chance.He looks solid and im sure if he gets a run in th team the defence will feel more confident.Stack i still believe to be a good keeper but he keeps getting injured.Without mcbride the midfield seems to struggle.Surely get a similar player to him in or play ian murray slap bang in the centre of midfield where all he does is breaks down the opposition play.
Nish.Its quite obvious he is struggling big time so he needs rested/left out.Lastly if yogi does want to play the fast paced game he needs two wide men,two overlappng full backs and forwards who are mobile and can hold up the ball.Hart is one of those full backs but since murphy went we dont have that on the left.Wotherspooon or galbraith on the right but deek isnt a wide left player who will take on players and supply for the strikers.From running amateur teams i know you get into the mindset of how the team should play and be set up and possible subs.I can understand why yogi picks the team the way he does but when we have been on such a bad run then surely he must look at whats causing it and sort iit.Thats his job is it not.
Finally to keep or replace yogi.Firstly there is the compensation issue both to yogi and his team and of course the new manager(probably need to pay compensation unless its calderwood for instance).Will the tache countenance shelling out about £1m or more.My bet is he will hold off as long as possible and hope things pick up.If not i can see yogi getting until mid november and then a new guy will be in.Will someone else do better.You can never be sure but on the face of it the likes of mcinnes gets loads out an average team so would he get hibs playing better.Its all about opinions but i think he would and seems to be the hardline manager many of our squad need.Maybe the collins episode showed up a bit about the club that still needs rectified We could of course appoint a new guy and it doesnt improve.Its up to the board to do what is right for hibs football club and it could be a big decison.
The only thing i will say is back the team.I know its hard but when the fans back the team the players respond.Nish was right that a lot of hibs fans are only happy when they are moaning so lets get right behind the guys in the next two home games and will them on to two wins.Rant over

Phil MaGlass
30-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Disagree with you there, he could get them organised tactically, physically, mentally and focussed. I agree with other posters we have a decent squad of players but they are just not being managed properly or played in their proper positions.
As for Stokes staying on the pitch and Deeks getting subbed it beggars belief, Hughes saw he wasnt up for it but still persisted with him, they must be having a bloody field day at er5eback.
Im not going to slate our new signing but its hardly one to get excited over. Another bleedin ex Falkirk player, wheres this vast dossier of players that he is supposed to have?? It was hardly worth his time running up and down the motorway to the South just to sign more ex Falkirk players.WTF.

erskine-hibby
30-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Disagree with you there, he could get them organised tactically, physically, mentally and focussed. I agree with other posters we have a decent squad of players but they are just not being managed properly or played in their proper positions.
As for Stokes staying on the pitch and Deeks getting subbed it beggars belief, Hughes saw he wasnt up for it but still persisted with him, they must be having a bloody field day at er5eback.
Im not going to slate our new signing but its hardly one to get excited over. Another bleedin ex Falkirk player, wheres this vast dossier of players that he is supposed to have?? It was hardly worth his time running up and down the motorway to the South just to sign more ex Falkirk players.WTF.

Pannini SPL sticker book 2008:dunno:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Hughes says that he can see signs that things are working on the training pitch. Would seem then to be a massive disconnect between the training pitch and the playing pitch. Often our best player is confidence, and just now he is nowhere to be seen between 15:00 and 16:45 on a Saturday.

PISTOL1875
30-08-2010, 04:10 PM
The problem is,(in my humble opion)Rod Petrie,god bless him,is more business than football but ,in my opinion hes done wonders for us,if he gets hounded out it would be a sin

In RP's eyes it just a business..But can you really blame him ??

All Hibs are interested in is paying off the debt , having a good training facility and a good stand... If the team does anything on the park then it's a bonus...

My feeling on the matter is RP looks at it from the slant , the best you can finish is 3rd so why bother spending decent cash on players ???

Disco Dave
30-08-2010, 04:19 PM

:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Getting Auld - woosh!

hibsitis
30-08-2010, 05:00 PM
The real mark of a good manager is that he either gets more from a team than you should expect from the sum of its parts or he outperforms his budget (spots bargains and or coaxes better performances out of cheaper acquisitions).

Yogi seems to do the opposite. He has a decent enough squad and enough money to spend to avoid the run that we've been on for ages (wonder what Maribor's budget is?).

He certainly has more money to spend (and experience) than Danny Lennon and has had long enough to sort out inherited problems. Hopefully the board will view the start of this season as a continuing demonstration of Yogi's lack of ability and not as a clean slate waiting to see how this season develops. The fan's jury is not out any longer.

Phil D. Rolls
30-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Is Yogi the problem?

Well,it will depend upon whether his holiness stops off at Larkhall on his way through to Glasgow, and meets a bear shopping at Victor Paris.

Phil D. Rolls
30-08-2010, 05:13 PM

woody47
30-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I do not and have never thought Yogi was up for this job. And just how much time are we talking about giving a manager? One year, 18 months, two years - TEN years?
Sorry but if you can't get a team together after the time and money that Yogi has had by now, he will never manage it.

Alex Trager
30-08-2010, 05:35 PM
4 wins in the last 23 competitive games is a dip in form alright.

He has also had 3 transfer windows (15 players?) to address our shortfalls and has failed.

Seems pretty clear cut to me who the problem is.
This is pure balls... Now if he had been able to sign fifteen players with our director or whatever he's called they would have been of poor quality... thus given you more coal to the fire of hughes is wrong- he cant even sign A decent player- or the other option is we wouldn't have been able to sign anyone or anywhere near this amount of players

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm confused............

me 3 :confused:

Alex Trager
30-08-2010, 06:04 PM
If we win the next two games by three or four goals each- now i'm not asking on the likliness of this- what happens with all those wanting hughes out also, if stokes does what riordan did at celtic?

Alex Trager
30-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Also if we end up picking up after these two home games we become good

HFC 0-7
30-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I think there will be a lot of humble pie!

But I would say the 'what ifs' in relation to hibs becoming a good team under yogi is in the same category of 'what if the guy that owns Man City ditches them and decides to invest heavily in hibs?' . . . . . never gonna happen!

If Yogi has just figured out that he may need to change the formation, how long will it take him to figure out that Nish needs replaced and danny galbraith needs a run of full games and NOT AT LEFT BACK!

Holmesdale Hibs
30-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Is Yogi Really the Problem?

Plain and simple yes has favourites and doesnt have the guts to drop them e.g hogg and nish

He dropped Nish vs the huns and he probably wouldn't have played vs St. Mirren had McBride been available.

mcaitchi
30-08-2010, 06:25 PM

I'm confused............

me 3 :confused:

Think he meant his 2010 number plated bmw X6 ???

maybe im wrong tho !!! cos im sure mixu left hibs before 2010 ?? no..

lyonhibs
30-08-2010, 06:45 PM
If Hibs win the next two games by 3 or 4 goals, I'll sit in a bath of.............. - well you know the rest.

However, this time round, I can say the above with confidence that Mr Heinz won't be unduly troubled because there's as much chance of the above happening as Yogi stating:

"You know what, I've decided that in the SPL it's best to play your best players in their best positions as opposed to shoe-horning players into a formation and style of football that the majority of them are not technically capable of, and is a load of pish-in-the-wind in the 1st place. 4-4-2 with speed on the wings and strikers up front - might give that a try............."

banarc7062
30-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Being a Hibs supporter you live by the "creed" ......IF. If only this or if only that or if only we had scored more:grr:

weonlywon6-2
30-08-2010, 07:06 PM
In RP's eyes it just a business..But can you really blame him ??

All Hibs are interested in is paying off the debt , having a good training facility and a good stand... If the team does anything on the park then it's a bonus...

My feeling on the matter is RP looks at it from the slant , the best you can finish is 3rd so why bother spending decent cash on players ???

petrie looks after the finances of the club,hughes looks after the playing side

petrie is a huge asset to hibs

hughes,well, ....................

weonlywon6-2
30-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I do not and have never thought Yogi was up for this job. And just how much time are we talking about giving a manager? One year, 18 months, two years - TEN years?
Sorry but if you can't get a team together after the time and money that Yogi has had by now, he will never manage it.

Gettin' Auld
30-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Getting Auld - woosh!
:thumbsup: Aye - It's a sign of getting auld. :greengrin

tooley
30-08-2010, 08:12 PM
GO :bye::bye::bye:

lyonhibs
30-08-2010, 08:15 PM

"walk out the door, don't turn around now, cos you're not welcome any more........."

:singing::rockin:

Is that how this works??

bawheid
30-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Did you turn your computer on specifically for this purpose?

SunnyLeither
30-08-2010, 08:27 PM

Why? Serious question........

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Why? Serious question........

Maybe because nobody else has said it, and a needed saying?:wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I think it was an invitation to participate in a textual debate on the merits or demerits of our manager staying at the club.

:wink:

Perhaps? :wink:

SunnyLeither
30-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Maybe because nobody else has said it, and a needed saying?:wink:

I think it was an invitation to participate in a textual debate on the merits or demerits of our manager staying at the club.

:wink:

Yes indeed, if it's off the back of a results based theory then debate away but if it's linked to Stoke's departure then it's pure nonsense.

In modern day football, us fans are just going to have to accept that's how footballs went post Bosman etc. The players have 99% control of their destiny. My personal opinion is that Rodders is doing just fine in that department safeguarding Hibs' interests by making sure that if Hibs are used to showcase a players talent, then the club is recompensed to some degree for providing that platform.

Whilst Yogi's results have been mixed to say the least, someone somewhere is going to have to show a manager some patience and allow him a bit longer to organise his team to see if they have got the ability to improve things on the park. The old romantic in me just wants Yogi to do the biz, but I'm slightly biased seeing as he's a fellow Leither and all that. Whilst the blinkers may be firmly on I'm not that blinded into not feeling a bit uneasy about some performances/results but my faith is still with the man, hopefully he'll turn it round with time...... just don't ask me how long!!!!

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes indeed, if it's off the back of a results based theory then debate away but if it's linked to Stoke's departure then it's pure nonsense.

In modern day football, us fans are just going to have to accept that's how footballs went post Bosman etc. The players have 99% control of their destiny. My personal opinion is that Rodders is doing just fine in that department safeguarding Hibs' interests by making sure that if Hibs are used to showcase a players talent, then the club is recompensed to some degree for providing that platform.

Whilst Yogi's results have been mixed to say the least, someone somewhere is going to have to show a manager some patience and allow him a bit longer to organise his team to see if they have got the ability to improve things on the park. The old romantic in me just wants Yogi to do the biz, but I'm slightly biased seeing as he's a fellow Leither and all that. Whilst the blinkers may be firmly on I'm not that blinded into not feeling a bit uneasy about some performances/results but my faith is still with the man, hopefully he'll turn it round with time...... just don't ask me how long!!!!

sambajustice
30-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Yogi is ****ing useless!! Seriously! Even last season when we were picking up results we were totally honking! St Johnstone played us off the park and somehow lost 3-0. They came back a few days later played us off the park again and won 3-0. Last minute dodgy penalties, scraping results against 9 men, losing 4 goal leads! A handful of wins this calendar year, we've conceded 6 goals already this season! The team is hopeless, hughes is hopeless, everything about Hibs is hopeless right now apart from our big shiny stadium!! Hibs have played crap ever since hughes took over, this isn't something thats just crept up on us! Things won't improve until the manager has gone!

I know its not good to constantly change managers but the one we have is crap and obviously doesn't know how to change it!

Rant over!

HibeeMcGinn1
30-08-2010, 09:55 PM

Why don't you?

monktonharp
30-08-2010, 09:57 PM

Whilst Yogi's results have been mixed to say the least, someone somewhere is going to have to show a manager some patience and allow him a bit longer to organise his team to see if they have got the ability to improve things on the park. The old romantic in me just wants Yogi to do the biz, but I'm slightly biased seeing as he's a fellow Leither and all that. Whilst the blinkers may be firmly on I'm not that blinded into not feeling a bit uneasy about some performances/results but my faith is still with the man, hopefully he'll turn it round with time...... just don't ask me how long!!!!I'll go with you on moswt of that,but,what's going on with the Riordan situation? Is Yogi telling him to find a new club? or is it pure pish? if he is telling him,there is something wrong in his heid,telling a player who is a couple of steps away from being a Hibs legend,to go

joe breezy
30-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Just saw Deeks 2 good free kicks, not surprised he was pissed off to be taken off, please go Yogi but who do we get? Our current position speaks the truth

Captain Trips
30-08-2010, 11:00 PM
This tonight should mark the end for Hughes in 2 ways. If he agreed that selling Stokes was ok and allowed it then IMO this is a joke. If he wanted to keep him and board sold then he should resign as he is not able to do the job he wants.

ahibby
31-08-2010, 09:40 AM
The board might have made it difficult for Yogi to get a result against St Mirren because of dragging out the Stokes deal. It's a long season and one away defeat won't mean we arent' competing for 3rd by the end of it. Do the people who think we are doomed also think that Dundee Utd won't pick up.

Hibs90
31-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Why don't you?

Why don't you?

jacomo
31-08-2010, 10:13 AM
If Yogi was able to demonstrate he had the ability to build a good team at ER, I'd be delighted to back him.

Thus far, however, there is none. Hibs seem less than the sum of our parts - and now the 23-goals-last-season part has gone, what hope progress this term?

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 10:21 AM
If Yogi was able to demonstrate he had the ability to build a good team at ER, I'd be delighted to back him.

Thus far, however, there is none. Hibs seem less than the sum of our parts - and now the 23-goals-last-season part has gone, what hope progress this term?

I thought the same last season, we lost Fletcher and Jones so were drastically weakened, yet look who came in, and look where we finished.

Craig_in_Prague
31-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Yogi is ****ing useless!! Seriously! Even last season when we were picking up results we were totally honking! St Johnstone played us off the park and somehow lost 3-0. They came back a few days later played us off the park again and won 3-0. Last minute dodgy penalties, scraping results against 9 men, losing 4 goal leads! A handful of wins this calendar year, we've conceded 6 goals already this season! The team is hopeless, hughes is hopeless, everything about Hibs is hopeless right now apart from our big shiny stadium!! Hibs have played crap ever since hughes took over, this isn't something thats just crept up on us! Things won't improve until the manager has gone!

I know its not good to constantly change managers but the one we have is crap and obviously doesn't know how to change it!

Rant over!

basehibby
31-08-2010, 10:38 AM

Rant over!

Including you - and you're not alone! :wink:

Hope springs eternal though - so we're about ages and old mates from school.

jacomo
31-08-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought the same last season, we lost Fletcher and Jones so were drastically weakened, yet look who came in, and look where we finished.

How many great performances have Hibs put in since Yogi took charge? You could count the on one hand.

As for those players, Fletcher was replaced by Stokes, Jones wasn't a "drastic loss" given his form in his last year, while Yogi also got Miller and all those players from the u-19s coming into the team.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2010, 11:53 AM
How many great performances have Hibs put in since Yogi took charge? You could count the on one hand.

As for those players, Fletcher was replaced by Stokes, Jones wasn't a "drastic loss" given his form in his last year, while Yogi also got Miller and all those players from the u-19s coming into the team.

Jones imho was a huge loss, ffs we are still playing Hogg. Fletcher another Huge loss, but Yogi softened the blow by signing Stokes and Miller. So we had a team struggling to make the top 6, who then lost imho 2 of our best players.

The new man managed to get new players in, and manage to get them into europe. As for all those under 19s, who apart from Wotherspoon is good enough, or was good enough last season? And would filling the side with them have got the team in Europe?

More of the same please.

Brads Laing
31-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Give yogi until the end of the season, see where we finish, then consider his future. Don't sack him after 3 games of the new season

RickyS
31-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Give yogi until the end of the season, see where we finish, then consider his future. Don't sack him after 3 games of the new season

is that you Mrs Hughes?:greengrin

Bookkeeper
31-08-2010, 09:10 PM

:agree: Canny be bothered reading the rest of this thread. How many seasons does it take to change a squad and the way we play? We can't just rip up every players contracts, some need to be run down and allow time to bring in improvements for each position, whether its signings or youngsters.

We're where we are today because we've chopped and changed managers for a variety of reasons at the same time as we've undertaken the biggest capital spend on the club, probably in its history. Most of which has been paid for by player sales (players that would have left anyway).

Hughes has his faults, as have most of the players, but that's the level we're at! We'll no' win the league and we'll no' get relegated but we now have a superb set up that will attract players and a manager that's heart is at the club (canny see him talking about loyalty one minute and leavin' the next ala Mowbray).

IMHO Hughes should be given this season at least. The signings this window seem to have addressed the problem areas in the main and hopefully we'll see more of a team in the weeks ahead that is more than the sum of its parts as someone said elsewhere.

'Mon the Yogi!!

Cropley10
31-08-2010, 10:27 PM
:agree: Canny be bothered reading the rest of this thread. How many seasons does it take to change a squad and the way we play? We can't just rip up every players contracts, some need to be run down and allow time to bring in improvements for each position, whether its signings or youngsters.

We're where we are today because we've chopped and changed managers for a variety of reasons at the same time as we've undertaken the biggest capital spend on the club, probably in its history. Most of which has been paid for by player sales (players that would have left anyway).

Hughes has his faults, as have most of the players, but that's the level we're at! We'll no' win the league and we'll no' get relegated but we now have a superb set up that will attract players and a manager that's heart is at the club (canny see him talking about loyalty one minute and leavin' the next ala Mowbray).

IMHO Hughes should be given this season at least. The signings this window seem to have addressed the problem areas in the main and hopefully we'll see more of a team in the weeks ahead that is more than the sum of its parts as someone said elsewhere.

'Mon the Yogi!!

Rubbish.

sambajustice
31-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Including you - and you're not alone! :wink:

Hope springs eternal though - so we're about ages and old mates from school.

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about!

hibee bouncer
31-08-2010, 10:35 PM
This tonight should mark the end for Hughes in 2 ways. If he agreed that selling Stokes was ok and allowed it then IMO this is a joke. If he wanted to keep him and board sold then he should resign as he is not able to do the job he wants.

Need to remember that Stokes wanted to go. It's alright some folk saying to let him rot but it makes no sense so why not profit it out of him as he's gonna rot at Celtic anyway.

Played the game right & Duffy will be a 20 goal player too.

hibee92
31-08-2010, 10:43 PM
and if ye dinnae agree, go on the other thread :greengrin

hibee bouncer
31-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Need to remember that Stokes wanted to go. It's alright some folk saying to let him rot but it makes no sense so why not make a profit out of him as he's gonna rot at Celtic anyway.

Play the game right & Duffy will be a 20 goal player too..

HibeeMcGinn1
31-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Why don't you?

Why don't you?

hibee92
31-08-2010, 10:51 PM
and if ye dinnae agree, go on the other thread :greengrin

well that thread getting merged kinda ruins that one :greengrin

easterhib
31-08-2010, 10:55 PM
We've got the base...stadium training complex etc...We don't have the manager.
i agree

Captain Trips
31-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Need to remember that Stokes wanted to go. It's alright some folk saying to let him rot but it makes no sense so why not profit it out of him as he's gonna rot at Celtic anyway.

Played the game right & Duffy will be a 20 goal player too.

He would IMO have still done us a job as being pissed off would not help him either.