PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon & Thicot

JCHibby
29-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Not looking to clever at the moment down the right side.

Col2
29-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Not looking to clever at the moment down the right side.

Thicot just can't pass to a Hibs player. Wotherspoon has hardly touched the ball. All the energy, pace and directness seems missing.

To be honest we are marginally the better ofthe sides but both teams are playing poorly.

Perspective
29-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I feel for David Wotherspoon and Paul Hanlon at present.

I've absolutely no doubt about the talent there (when played in the right position) but both strike me as quite quiet, reserved guys. Add that to their tender age and the last thing they need is a constant rollocking from the touchline.

Lost count the number of times Hughes publicly slaughtered Hanlon today. I know he just wants the best for them, but surely you have to show a bit of versatility in your man-management and build guys like that up with encouragement? Every player responds differently (Nish clearly needs a kick up the backside, for example).

It's got to the stage that Wotherspoon is too scared to be play the cuff and showcase his talent.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I feel for David Wotherspoon and Paul Hanlon at present.

I've absolutely no doubt about the talent there (when played in the right position) but both strike me as quite quiet, reserved guys. Add that to their tender age and the last thing they need is a constant rollocking from the touchline.

Lost count the number of times Hughes publicly slaughtered Hanlon today. I know he just wants the best for them, but surely you have to show a bit of versatility in your man-management and build guys like that up with encouragement? Every player responds differently (Nish clearly needs a kick up the backside, for example).

It's got to the stage that Wotherspoon is too scared to be play the cuff and showcase his talent.

If we are playing Hanlon needs to be at centre half, he has no place at left back. Wotherspoon is really, really struggling and has shown nothing to make me think he should be in the starting 11. Bench for him Galbraith given a start rather than 15 mins when we are chasing a game.

Bishop Hibee
29-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Thicot makes Nish and Rankin look like Maradonna and Pele. You can see why Yogi played Wotherspoon out of position at right back last season and bought Hart because Thicot is rotten. I'd rather have Murray out of position at right back than that turkey. He cost us the goal today and should have had a pen given against him in the first half.

Wotherspoon is a great young player who needs to play right midfield, NOT right back, centre midfield or left midfield where Yogi has played him already this season. A run with Hart behind him would give the laddie his confidence back.

ekhibee
29-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Bishop Hibee over this. Thicot hasn't materialized into the player I thought he might (although he's not a right back anyway) and Wotherspoon is definitely better as a right midfielder rather than wherever Hughes seems to be playing him in the last few games. Wotherspoon could quite easily lose confidence, if he hasn't already, being played out of position. At the same time, on the subject of confidence, I'd love to see Hanlon playing regularly with either Stephens or Bamba at the centre of the defence. Hogg is having a detrimental effect on my health!