PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

since90plustwo
29-08-2010, 08:39 AM
I think today we really need to get behind him and show him what he will miss. He wont be idolised throo there like he is here, so i think we really do need to get the stokes songs going and cheer him on as much as possibe

3pm
29-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I'd argue that he has never been idolised since he arrived.

macca70
29-08-2010, 09:52 AM
He doesn't deserve to be singled out for any speacial treatment. Just get behind the team.

He's hardly been outstanding to warrant a speacial send off.

Don't boo him, just get behind the whole team.

He's hardly set the Heather alight whilst been with us, we've been used as a stepping stone, now has has decided he'd rather go sit on the bench at Darkheid.

Think I would rather use my energy cheering on the guys that want to be at the club Eg Deeko

Pedantic_Hibee
29-08-2010, 10:02 AM
He doesn't deserve to be singled out for any speacial treatment. Just get behind the team.

He's hardly set the Heather alight whilst been with us, we've been used as a stepping stone, now has has decided he'd rather go sit on the bench at Darkheid.

Think I would rather use my energy cheering on the guys that want to be at the club Eg Deeko

if scoring 23 goals in your debut season isn't setting the heather alight then in at a loss to decide what is.

Let's not let the past week cloud how important Stokes is to us.

sixtwo
29-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd argue that he has never been idolised since he arrived.

I'd agree. Personally I think he is a very good player. If he came through our ranks he'd be idolised by everyone. Maybe,it is the fact we were all resigned to the fact his stay would be a short one. To me, Stokes has been like a really good loan signing. We gave him a platform, he repaid us with goals. He resurrects his career and we get cash for our part. No one can really complain, good luck to the guy if he moves on, better luck to him if he stays!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
29-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Has Stokes said he wants to leave the club and go the Parkhead ? If so I must have missed that part, not saying he does not but have not seen any quotes to confirm this. And you are saving your energy for the same Riordan who let his contract run down and bolted along the M8 for a vastly improved wage packet ?? Cannot believe how many hibs "fans" want to have a love in with Riordan and stab Stokes in the back ??

Houchy
29-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Is he away??? When did this happen??? My mate says that the smellies were dotting the i's and crossing the t's on Keanos contract last night. I'm going to go kick his big fat ginger napper in:confused::grr:

SON OF PADDY
29-08-2010, 10:12 AM
I'd agree. Personally I think he is a very good player. If he came through our ranks he'd be idolised by everyone. Maybe,it is the fact we were all resigned to the fact his stay would be a short one. To me, Stokes has been like a really good loan signing. We gave him a platform, he repaid us with goals. He resurrects his career and we get cash for our part. No one can really complain, good luck to the guy if he moves on, better luck to him if he stays!

Good post :top marks but please don't go to the DARKSIDE :rolleyes: talk to Deek's about the splinters you will get there son ?

hibsbollah
29-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Ive got a funny feeling he'll stay, for that reason alone I hope he gets a rousing reception today:agree:

Sylar
29-08-2010, 10:21 AM

I agree entirely with your first 2 sentences.

Your fourth sentence is quite possibly the biggest load of ***** I've read on here for some time.

Lest ye forget his scoring record last season?!?!

Houchy
29-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Ive got a funny feeling he'll stay, for that reason alone I hope he gets a rousing reception today:agree:

So I shouldn't be rushing around dishing out a random kickin' to my source just yet as it's just the OP speculating that he might be away.

Lets just see what happens eh but my dough is on Stokesy staying.

RickyS
29-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree entirely with your first 2 sentences.

Your fourth sentence is quite possibly the biggest load of ***** I've read on here for some time.

Lest ye forget his scoring record last season?!?!

fixed that for ye!:greengrin

gackohibs
29-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Has Stokes said he wants to leave the club and go the Parkhead ? If so I must have missed that part, not saying he does not but have not seen any quotes to confirm this. And you are saving your energy for the same Riordan who let his contract run down and bolted along the M8 for a vastly improved wage packet ?? Cannot believe how many hibs "fans" want to have a love in with Riordan and stab Stokes in the back ??

:top marks

Sylar
29-08-2010, 10:27 AM
fixed that for ye!:greengrin

Cheers - the quote function bunched the 2nd and 3rd sentences together :agree:

RickyS
29-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Cheers - the quote function bunched the 2nd and 3rd sentences together :agree:

agree with your sentiments anyhoo!

ArabHibee
29-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Who's this Heather person everyone wants to set alight? :dunno:

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 10:35 AM

:faf:

You're sig is brilliant.

hibbymac
29-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Handing in a transfer request to the club pretty much say's it all, and no I've "not seen any quotes to confirm this". Only thing I am saying is, I'm saying no more. :cool2:

hibbymac
29-08-2010, 10:55 AM

:dunno: Must be a Ewe.:duck:

Hibs90
29-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Handing in a transfer request to the club pretty much say's it all, and no I've "not seen any quotes to confirm this". Only thing I am saying is, I'm saying no more. :cool2:

:yawn::bitchy::rolleyes:

Take your pick from the 3 above smilies on this matter.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
29-08-2010, 11:07 AM

Not doubting what you say but I must be the only member on this board that does not know "some in the know". I think I will wait until Tuesday to find out if he has gone or is staying.

Phil D. Rolls
29-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I think today we really need to get behind him and show him what he will miss. He wont be idolised throo there like he is here, so i think we really do need to get the stokes songs going and cheer him on as much as possibe

:yawn:

Steve20
29-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Handing in a transfer request to the club pretty much say's it all,

I don't believe he has handed in a transfer request.

Sir Mixulot
29-08-2010, 11:43 AM

What a stupid thing to say! Celtic make a bid for one of our players, Hibs consider the bid. That is all that has happened, so how on earth does that equate to him not wanting to play for Hibs or even that he wants to sign for Celtic?!