PDA

View Full Version : Question Nish vs Konte

greglauder
28-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Why does everybody like Konte better than Nish when Nish is probably the better player

iwasthere1972
28-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Why does everybody like Konte better than Nish when Nish is probably the better player

Because 95% of our fans don't have a scooby about footballing matters. I'm one of the 5%. :wink:

sixtwo
28-08-2010, 09:42 PM
konte was a big lumbering lump. We all knew he was poor and applauded his efforts. He changed a game at tynie when we came back from a goal down to win 2-1. He done nothing much apart from make a nuisence of himself. I think he is an iconic, ironic hero.

Nish thinks he is a player but he is not. He is everybit as cumbersome as konte but (imo) believes he is better than he is.He came out and slated the fans at the end of last season. he said 90% of hibs fans know nothing about football! Bollocks to you mr nish! 90% of hibs fans think you are not good enough to wear the jersey, you just choose to think the 10% are correct!

Liberal Hibby
28-08-2010, 09:54 PM
konte was a big lumbering lump. We all knew he was poor and applauded his efforts. He changed a game at tynie when we came back from a goal down to win 2-1. He done nothing much apart from make a nuisence of himself. I think he is an iconic, ironic hero.

Nish thinks he is a player but he is not. He is everybit as cumbersome as konte but (imo) believes he is better than he is.He came out and slated the fans at the end of last season. he said 90% of hibs fans know nothing about football! Bollocks to you mr nish! 90% of hibs fans think you are not good enough to wear the jersey, you just choose to think the 10% are correct!

Konte scored 1 SPL goal, Nish 60. Nothing probable about it (other than the liklihood of yam infiltration)...

Albion Hibs
28-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I think Nish gets a very hard time. He is probably the hardest worker up front for us, and his goals towards the end of last season got us 4th place. I dont think he gets enough service from the wide areas and never seems to get the ball face onto goal.

Now that I have said the above, I hope he puts in a good shift tomorrow = 3 points!

Hibbyradge
28-08-2010, 09:59 PM
:bitchy:

500miles
28-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Nish is a competant player, but in a team with Stokes and Riordan, he's bound to get taken for granted. Both are exceptional goalscorers, whereas Nish has a decent goalscoring rate over the years, but he's overshadowed by them, which means he gets ZERO credit for what he does right, but still takes the flack for what he does wrong - therefore some folk only consider what he does wrong. Despite the fact he is one of the top 10 SPL goalscorers of all time (sitting at 6th? Or on course for 6th this season? I cannae really mind, and I'm so sick of this discussion, that I'm not going to bother looking it up.) and in the top 10 last season, despite being the supporting player for Riordan and Stokes.

Furthermore, Nish angered some when he - probably in poor judgement - aired his opinion on the knowledge of the avarage football fan.

The for me is though, he wasn't exactly wide of the mark. Nish got pushed further up top towards of the end of last season, and got 5 goals which came when we had no idea where we were going to pick up our next point.

He's also asked to play a role which isn't his best - ie. target man. Now, he can play it to a degree, but he'll take a hard time for it. Looking at our goals last season, over half of them involved Colin Nish at somepoint - be it the assist, winning the ball up high, bringing the ball down, involvement in the passing move, or sticking the ball in the net - Nishy's involved, which tells me he's doing something right, and it wasn't a case of us scoring in spite of him.

Aye, he falls over easy, and he's not got pace, but he seems to do something right - he has always managed to maintain some sort of competition with some good forwards, Riordan, Stokes, Fletcher, Naismith and Boyd, with Mixu, Yogi AND Jeffries showing faith in him. Mark McGhee wanted as well, as well as a Championship team or two.

The football people obviously rate him. But he's had to walk in a fair few shadows. He'd be a hero at a few clubs, but he's willing to shun the limelight and play the less fashionable role, because he knows his limits, and works for the team. It'll get the respect of the professionals, but not the admiration of the fans.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Nish is a competant player, but in a team with Stokes and Riordan, he's bound to get taken for granted. Both are exceptional goalscorers, whereas Nish has a decent goalscoring rate over the years, but he's overshadowed by them, which means he gets ZERO credit for what he does right, but still takes the flack for what he does wrong - therefore some folk only consider what he does wrong. Despite the fact he is one of the top 10 SPL goalscorers of all time (sitting at 6th? Or on course for 6th this season? I cannae really mind, and I'm so sick of this discussion, that I'm not going to bother looking it up.) and in the top 10 last season, despite being the supporting player for Riordan and Stokes.

Furthermore, Nish angered some when he - probably in poor judgement - aired his opinion on the knowledge of the avarage football fan.

The for me is though, he wasn't exactly wide of the mark. Nish got pushed further up top towards of the end of last season, and got 5 goals which came when we had no idea where we were going to pick up our next point.

He's also asked to play a role which isn't his best - ie. target man. Now, he can play it to a degree, but he'll take a hard time for it. Looking at our goals season, over half of them involved Colin Nish at somepoint - be it the assist, winning the ball up high, bringing the ball down, involvement in the passing move, or sticking the ball in the net - Nishy's involved, which tells me he's doing something right, and it wasn't a case of us scoring in spite of him.

Aye, he falls over easy, and he's not got pace, but he seems to do something right - he has always managed to maintain some sort of competition with some good forwards, Riordan, Stokes, Fletcher, Naismith and Boyd, with Mixu, Yogi AND Jeffries showing faith in him. Mark McGhee wanted as well, as well as a Championship team or two.

The football people obviously rate him. But he's had to walk in a fair few shadows. He'd be a hero at a few clubs, but he's willing to shun the limelight and play the less fashionable role, because he knows his limits, and works for the team. It'll get the respect of the professionals, but not the admiration of the fans.

:top marks I was going to attempt to type out some kind of response but you've saved me bother as this is far better than anything I would have written.

Konte vs Nish, don't make me laugh. Colin Nish might not be the best footballer in the world but there really is no comparison between him and Amadou Konte. To try and suggest otherwise would just be downright ridiculous.

By the way, to answer your query regarding Nish's goalscoring stats in the SPL, he is currently in 9th place in the all-time SPL top goalscorers list with 61 goals. He's only a couple of goals behind Stevie Crawford and Chris Sutton and if he scores 12 goals this season, he'll draw level with Nacho Novo.

Not bad for a "carthorse", who is often mocked on here and called "Colin Pish". :rolleyes:

Kevvy1875
28-08-2010, 10:31 PM

He's also asked to play a role which isn't his best - ie. target man. Now, he can play it to a degree, but he'll take a hard time for it. Looking at our goals last season, over half of them involved Colin Nish at somepoint - be it the assist, winning the ball up high, bringing the ball down, involvement in the passing move, or sticking the ball in the net - Nishy's involved, which tells me he's doing something right, and it wasn't a case of us scoring in spite of him.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

In view of the amount of Nish posts on this forum this has to be the best post I have seen on .net

Sums the situation up perfectly.

I respect what Nish is and that he gives his all for his colleagues and the fans.

I remember him coming to ER playing for Killie and thought to myself what a big awkward looking guy he is....but he caused problems for our defence. When we signed him I have to be honest and say I didn't fancy the deal. I still think we should look for a player with a different style but as long as Nish is doing his best in a Hibs jersey I will support him. He is an average Hibs Player and an above average SPL player. Unfortunately we do not have the financial clout o have superstars in every position all of the time. While everyone has their opinion I just wish some of the Nish haters on here would consider these facts before calling him all the names under the sun on here.

Woody1985
28-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Very good post and one I'd agree with. He changed the dynamics of our attacks in the early part of last season (3rd or 4th game) and helped us up front when all the pretty stuff wasn't always coming off.

NGH
28-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Colin Nish delivers exactly what anyone who had looked at him and his goal scoring record would have expected. The level of abuse he gets on message boards and from the stands is stupidly over the top and while his contribution can be inconsistent and would rarely be described as silky it's real and has often been crucial.

Baw Baggio
28-08-2010, 11:26 PM
What about those of us that think both Nish and Konte are pish?

Albion Hibs
28-08-2010, 11:30 PM
What about those of us that think both Nish and Konte are pish?

Just say it!

I do think that as stokes is off we are going to need Nish more so probably need to get behind him and see if we cant get him a bit higher up the all time spl scorrer list!

Steve20
29-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Konte was a footballing genius. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2010, 08:19 AM
I dont know anybody that thinks Konte was better. its not saying much though!

Hank Schrader
29-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Konte was a footballing genius. :greengrin

:greengrin

Seriously though, anyone who thinks Konte is a better footballer than Colin Nish is clearly lacking in any sort of logical thought. Nish might not be pretty to watch sometimes but he has more ability than Konte and a far more impressive scoring record.

bighairyfaeleith
29-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Nish is no very good, konte was no very good. Which one was worse, probably konte, doesn't make nish good though:wink:

FromTheCapital
29-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Amadou Konte is the best player ever to play in a Hibs jersey - :wink:

ArabHibee
29-08-2010, 09:28 AM

Who are these 'everybody' people?

Have a word with yourself, cannae believe you even started a thread like this.

I smell ******. :jamboak:

Hainan Hibs
29-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Konte was a game changer and got us to Europe, scoring a delightful goal that he managed to tuck away while falling on his arse.

Until Nish has a European scoring record comparable to Konte's (Two mammoth goals against giants Dinaburg) there really is no comparison.

ArabHibee
29-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Konte was a game changer and got us to Europe, scoring a delightful goal that he managed to tuck away while falling on his arse.

Until Nish has a European scoring record comparable to Konte's (Two mammoth goals against giants Dinaburg) there really is no comparison.

:faf:
You're being ironic, aren't you?

Hainan Hibs
29-08-2010, 09:51 AM
:faf:
You're being ironic, aren't you?

Big Amadou currently struts his stuff at U.S. Bitonto in Italy. They play in the top league of the Lega Nazionale Dilettanti which shows howAmadou has went from strength to strength since leaving us.

For anyone not clued up in Italian football terminology Lega Nazionale Dilettanti is the non- professional football association of Italy, beginning with the 5th league of Italy, Seria D:agree:

Dirkster23
29-08-2010, 10:22 AM

:top markslevel of abuse the boy get's on here is unbelievable at times.

hibsbollah
29-08-2010, 10:22 AM

Amadou has played at the top level in Portugal, Italy, England and Scotland, he came from one the worlds poorest countries and made a career for himself despite having limited talent. I love the guy.

ArabHibee
29-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Big Amadou currently struts his stuff at U.S. Bitonto in Italy. They play in the top league of the Lega Nazionale Dilettanti which shows howAmadou has went from strength to strength since leaving us.

For anyone not clued up in Italian football terminology Lega Nazionale Dilettanti is the non- professional football association of Italy, beginning with the 5th league of Italy, Seria D:agree:

:aok: Got ya. You were being ironic.

marinello59
29-08-2010, 10:39 AM

:top marks

hibeemad
29-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Nish is one of the most overated players ever to pull on a Hibs jersey. I struggle to find something he is good at, except getting his shorts dirty.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-08-2010, 12:14 PM

About as competent as your spelling, I'd suggest! :wink:

I do agree that he would do much better as a traditional striker, being fed in the box from wide balls- that's how he got his hat trick at Motherwell.

However, competent he is not. Competent, to me, means being able to control a ball first time 90% of the time, staying on your feet 90% of the time, scoring when you're one-on-one with the keeper 50% of the time and not fouling defenders then claiming for a free kick 70% of the time. None of these apply to Colin Nish, I'm afraid.

hibeedonald
29-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Nish is one of the most overated players ever to pull on a Hibs jersey. I struggle to find something he is good at, except getting his shorts dirty.
:rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Colin Nish = footballing genius and legend.

500miles
29-08-2010, 12:52 PM
About as competent as your spelling, I'd suggest! :wink:

I do agree that he would do much better as a traditional striker, being fed in the box from wide balls- that's how he got his hat trick at Motherwell.

However, competent he is not. Competent, to me, means being able to control a ball first time 90% of the time, staying on your feet 90% of the time, scoring when you're one-on-one with the keeper 50% of the time and not fouling defenders then claiming for a free kick 70% of the time. None of these apply to Colin Nish, I'm afraid.

Ok, then I'll just bring in the bottom line of goals scored and seasons playing at the top level of Scottish football, the league in which we compete, and suggest that the BOTTOM LINE proves otherwise. K? Kaaaaay.

I'd also suggest that Garry O'Connor would fall down under those standards of competence.

murraymckirdy
01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Konte Is the best player hibs have had!!!!!!!!!!
:L:L:L:L ;):notworthy:

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Until Nish can head the ball as accurately as big Konte could with the back of his head, then there is no contest.

cwilliamson85
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM

Dont care for either of them.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Ok, then I'll just bring in the bottom line of goals scored and seasons playing at the top level of Scottish football, the league in which we compete, and suggest that the BOTTOM LINE proves otherwise. K? Kaaaaay.

I'd also suggest that Garry O'Connor would fall down under those standards of competence.

I don't think playing for a number of seasons in the SPL proves very much one way or the other, TBH. Yes he has scored a lot of goals and that's important, but my point is that he's dreadfully lacking in basic skills - IMHO.

MrRobot
01-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Nish is a useful player to have in the team. May not score a barrel load, but he does set up a fair few aswell. Takes some unfair stick IMO.

His outburst was poor judgement, but was also true aswell. Think he done it becasue as a Hibby, he was hurting aswell.

AndersonGGTTH
01-09-2010, 05:18 PM

not neccesarily nothing , he got a goal at fir park late on in the game to start a wee comeback if not we wouldnt hav had europe and 3rd in 2005 :)

basehibby
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM

For starters I think that EVERYBODY is an enormous exageration. I for one rate Nish miles ahead of Konte and I'm sure that most of the Konte appreciation society have their tongues firmly in cheek.

Nish is a more than competent footballer while Konte?!? well... enigma doesn't really cover it...
Enigma - An enigma is a type of riddle generally expressed in metaphorical or allegorical language that requires ingenuity and careful thinking for its solution.

The enigmas with Konte were many - how he could actually be described as a footballer for one, or how he mastered the art of jumping downwards.

It was hard not to like Konte though - there were times when the Hibs crowd actually burst out laughing at his attempts to play football - a rare achievement indeed which together with his even rarer euro-clinching goal vs Motherwell cemented his cult hero status.

Nish's shortcomings are generally much more ordinary and less surreal, so his errors are greeted with the usual spluttering fury from his detractors - maybe out of a sense of frustration, as all but his most fierce critics would have to admit that on his day he can be a very effective player.

Rory89
02-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Amadou Konte's a man, who discovers the wheel and builds the Eiffel Tower out of metal, and brawn.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I've never seen Nish in Cav on a Sunday night cutting shapes and downing pineapple VKs in the same way as big Amadou.

Until Nish gets the finger out on this front then i'm in the Konte camp.