PDA

View Full Version : Lee Hendrie

Houchy
28-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Anyone else see him on Soccer AM this morning?
Pimping himself to all and sundry as he hasn't got a club. Currently playing Sunday league football with his mates as he's getting bored. Surely £4k a week and getting back in the window is better than nowt.
Would be a great signing IMHO.
Helen Chamberlain was on the mobile trying to get him signed up to Torquay.
Come on Petrie/Yogi. Make it happen. Free Gratis now with cracking potential for £2m+ next year in selling fees:agree:.

Gala Foxes
28-08-2010, 11:39 AM
was at Leicester 2 years ago on loan when we went down to Div 1 - I would pass on this one

stokesmessiah
Pimping himself to all and sundry as he hasn't got a club. Currently playing Sunday league football with his mates as he's getting bored. Surely £4k a week and getting back in the window is better than nowt.
Come on Petrie/Yogi. Make it happen. Free Gratis now with cracking potential for £2m+ next year in selling fees:agree:.

Is he not 33 or 34, how are we going to get 2mil for someone that age???

Lmc2105

Played a few times for Aberdeen in pre season looked like singing before Captain caveman came in.

I would take him think he is a cracking midfield player not sure what age he is though.

easty
28-08-2010, 11:40 AM

Nah, I'd rather we looked elsewhere. We've already got Liam Miller doing the job he'd come in to do, if we're going to be bringing someone in on the sort of wages Hendrie would be looking for I'd rather we did it in another area of the team.

He doesn't have a team for a reason, he's been piss poor for years now, never fulfilled his potential.

Edinburgh Green
28-08-2010, 11:42 AM
He is also terrible at telling jokes!

The_Todd
28-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Erm... at his age?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Max Rushden is a tw@t :agree:

Houchy
28-08-2010, 11:48 AM
He's 33. Didn't realise he was that old to be honest. Thought he was about mid to late 20's. Ok maybe not one to sell on but maybe an offer of £2k on a 2 year deal. What i've seen of him and what I remember he was pretty handy/tricky in the Midfield chipping in with a few goals too. Good experience to pass on to the youngsters coming through.

HibeeMcGinn1
28-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Gobsmacked that a player like that is playing Sunday league. No harm in giving him a chance to prove himself at East Mains. Would be a decent squad player with plenty experience. p.s loving the story about him in USA.

Houchy
28-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Gobsmacked that a player like that is playing Sunday league. No harm in giving him a chance to prove himself at East Mains. Would be a decent squad player with plenty experience. p.s loving the story about him in USA.

After doing a bit more research on him on Wikipedia, looks like I was getting a bit over excited over nothing much. Still think that, as you say, he'd be a decent squad player so maybe pay per play deal.

MSK
28-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Played a few times for Aberdeen in pre season looked like singing before Captain caveman came in.

Aye but the mutton molesters wanted a football star no a karaoke star ...:wink:

Lmc2105
28-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Aye but the mutton molesters wanted a football star no a karaoke star ...:wink:

:faf:

where is bloody spell check when you need it :grr::grr:

thanks for pointing that out Kenny :wink:

Perspective
28-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Are you Rod Petrie? You certainly drive a hard bargain.

In the space of one thread you've gone from offering him 4k a week, to 2k to a pay-as-you play deal.

Houchy
28-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Are you Rod Petrie? You certainly drive a hard bargain.

In the space of one thread you've gone from offering him 4k a week, to 2k to a pay-as-you play deal.

OK smartarse, I said already that I didn't realise how old he was and as i'm in hospital at the moment, I haven't had time in between seeing doctors to do much in the way of researching what he'd been up to recently. I THOUGHT he was mid to late 20's but as he's older than me and been floating about the lower leagues recently, he probably wouldn't offer us what I initially thought he would. Hope that explains the wages confusion... Not that I really need to justify things to you really.:bye:

churchie16
28-08-2010, 04:09 PM
wouldnt take him would prefer nicky butt just sits in front of back 4 and break up play and let liam miller de graaf and riordan make things happen. just my Opinion

hibee92
28-08-2010, 04:21 PM
wouldnt take him would prefer nicky butt just sits in front of back 4 and break up play and let liam miller de graaf and riordan make things happen. just my Opinion

and play one upfront? not for me, he hasn't got the legs anymore, also where's mcbride in this line up?

churchie16
28-08-2010, 04:30 PM
and play one upfront? not for me, he hasn't got the legs anymore, also where's mcbride in this line up?

mcbride would be playing along with miller and butt in midfield and if stokes goes then play de graaf just behind riordan cause yogi has got it drilled into us that passing the ball along the deck is his way and thats what we want and deeks isn't good in the air soo play it into riordans feet where hes best upfront because we all know if stookes goes nish will come back in and you'll get the usual hogg playing a long ball up to nish and he falls over before it gets there as a said just my opinion not saying its right