PDA

View Full Version : bring back saturday football

forthhibby
28-08-2010, 10:35 AM
how pish are saturdays with no football, it's ok occaisionally but can't take much more of this

Ryan91
28-08-2010, 11:23 AM
3 Sundays on the bounce for games, all of them on the TV, it's a pain in the arse, our game on a Saturday is the 11th and I move into my halls at Glasgow Uni that day, and I'll probably only just make it back in time for kick off.

squire
28-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I ken, 3 weekends in to the season and im fed up with Sunday fixtures already. I'm playing Sunday football this year and its ridiculous Hibs have had 3 Sunday matches in a row. I haven't managed to make any of the games yet especially with noon kick offs! Im sure a fair few are in the same position including the 'beers team. I was gutted I couldnt make the new East last week

BroxburnHibee
28-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Would you still be complining if we were still in Europe?

Thats why the fixtures have been set up this way.

stubru59
28-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Not just Saturday, but Saturday at 3.00. Finished by 4.45, unless we're looking for a late goal.

Get back, and if all has gone well, pick up a Pink at around 6.30. Hearts have lost, so a pint and a wee gloat is icing on the cake.

That's a real Saturday.

forthhibby
28-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Would you still be complining if we were still in Europe?

Thats why the fixtures have been set up this way.

nope, as we'd have a midweek game to look forward too as well

squire
28-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I ken, 3 weekends in to the season and im fed up with Sunday fixtures already. I'm playing Sunday football this year and its ridiculous Hibs have had 3 Sunday matches in a row. I haven't managed to make any of the games yet especially with noon kick offs! Im sure a fair few are in the same position including the 'beers team. I was gutted I couldnt make the new East last week

I might add I played Saturday fitba last season and barely made a match so you must understand my fury! :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
28-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Why not take the absence of a Saturday game as a chance to take in another division? People in Edinburgh have four senior grounds within half an hour's drive of the city (Livi, Pars, Cooden, and Raith). The last three are only five minutes walk from a train station as well.

Just Jimmy
28-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I work saturdays more often than not. sunday games mean I can watch the game and have a few beers whilst doing so.

I'd play the whole season on a Sunday thanks :wink:

capi
28-08-2010, 05:30 PM
3 Sundays on the bounce for games, all of them on the TV, it's a pain in the arse, our game on a Saturday is the 11th and I move into my halls at Glasgow Uni that day, and I'll probably only just make it back in time for kick off.

My son moves in that day too. Hope there's no road works on the way back.

McKenzie
28-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I play saturday football, so sunday games are great :thumbsup:

mcaitchi
28-08-2010, 05:57 PM
My son moves in that day too. Hope there's no road works on the way back.

Not Sure What The M8 Holds - but my neighbours kids have went to the same uni - he says its mental on moving in day !!! all his 3 kids have went there and its been mental on moving in day !!! - just thought id let you know ...:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
28-08-2010, 06:20 PM
It'll be even worse next week with no football at all on either Saturday or Sunday due to the international break. I didn't like international weekends at the best of times but at least when Scotland were playing on the Saturday it would give us something to talk about/laugh at. This time, Scotland play on the Friday night and then the following Tuesday so there will be absolutely nothing to do next weekend. :zzzzz!:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2010, 07:46 PM
aye, Sunday football is tremendously boring. All thanks chiefly to both alcohol and satellite tv.