PDA

View Full Version : Who is this Biscan everyone is talking about?

john18722
28-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I have read on various threads of a guiy called Biscan who we are supposed to be signing. Can someone tell me who this is? The only one i can think of is former Liverpool man Igor Biscan?? A Croat who is now at Dinamo Zagreb? Is this the guy?

Godsahibby
28-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Someone we had on trial but from all accounts of someone who saw him play he was nothing special.

500miles
28-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I have read on various threads of a guiy called Biscan who we are supposed to be signing. Can someone tell me who this is? The only one i can think of is former Liverpool man Igor Biscan?? A Croat who is now at Dinamo Zagreb? Is this the guy?

Darijo Biscan, a forward from the Slovenian leagues. Duel Croat/Slovenian nationality i think. Just under 6ft. Hibs were starting contract negotiations with him until Yogi deemed him to be not of required fitness - which had left him without a club currently, but seems like a bit of gamesmanship regarding contract negotiations on our part. Was with FC Koper last season, the league champions. Was spotted by Rice, when he was scouting Maribor.

I reckon we're still sniffing about, but are simply trying to assess our own position, and giving ourselves some leverage in any negotiations. Just a feeling that.

Mikey
28-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Someone we had on trial but from all accounts of someone who saw him play he was nothing special.

Really? All accounts?

Not according to the discussion on the PM board.

Godsahibby
28-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Well the account I heard from someone who was down at EM and watched him.

Lmc2105
28-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Does anyone believe that this deal is dead?

I think if stokes doess go i think we might bring him in.
mind you doesn't need to be before tuesday mind you ..

PaulSmith
28-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Darijo Biscan, a forward from the Slovenian leagues. Duel Croat/Slovenian nationality i think. Just under 6ft. Hibs were starting contract negotiations with him until Yogi deemed him to be not of required fitness - which had left him without a club currently, but seems like a bit of gamesmanship regarding contract negotiations on our part. Was with FC Koper last season, the league champions. Was spotted by Rice, when he was scouting Maribor.

I reckon we're still sniffing about, but are simply trying to assess our own position, and giving ourselves some leverage in any negotiations. Just a feeling that.

If the player was released at the end of last season I very much that Rice spotted him whilst across in Slovenia as we only knew we were playing them 7 days prior to the tie

BEEJ
28-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone believe that this deal is dead?

I think if stokes doess go i think we might bring him in.
mind you doesn't need to be before tuesday mind you ..
Assuming that no other club offers him a contract by that point?

500miles
28-08-2010, 10:43 AM
If the player was released at the end of last season I very much that Rice spotted him whilst across in Slovenia as we only knew we were playing them 7 days prior to the tie

Was something I read here I think, but made sense at the time, so accepted it as the reason.

Lmc2105
28-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Assuming that no other club offers him a contract by that point?

well yeah thats true enough he said there was a few Slovenian clubs after him so yeah they might have offered him something