PDA

View Full Version : Greggs McCann and Bamba Out, Duffy In?

Speedway
28-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Daryl, not Jim that is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8951751.stm

Pedantic_Hibee
28-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Duffy was sheeeeite when we wanted him two year ago. Step backwards in my opinion.

Still, Yogi's yet to make a bad signing so far, I've got faith in his transfer policy.

PeterboroHibee
28-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Would be quite annoyed if we let McCann go, its a 6 month loan deal, clearly to get him back up to match fitness, pretty obvious the club want him back. Weve also stuck by him for what, the last 2 or 3 years of his injury (cant remember exactly when he was injured) and now according to that he wants to move elsewhere :confused:. Dont think so.

BEEJ
28-08-2010, 08:58 AM
And this in today's Scotsman:

With Hughes revealing that a contract offer to trialist striker Romano Denneboom, the Netherlands B cap, remains a possibility, the Hibs manager has also insisted he is in the market for fresh recruits no matter what happens with Stokes.

"As we speak, we're still trying to add another two or three players to the squad, to help the boys along," he added. "I still think we're a couple of players short. The close of the transfer window coming up fast is the disturbing thing.

Still think we'll see a flurry of last minute transfer activity between now and midnight on Tuesday.

BEEJ
28-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Would be quite annoyed if we let McCann go, its a 6 month loan deal, clearly to get him back up to match fitness, pretty obvious the club want him back. Weve also stuck by him for what, the last 2 or 3 years of his injury (cant remember exactly when he was injured) and now according to that he wants to move elsewhere :confused:. Dont think so.
I'd be disappointed as well if McCann moved to ICT. A real loss in a position where we are reliant on Hart who is injury-prone.

But from McCann's perspective he has been playing the full 90 mins in every ICT match since pre-season, so you can see why he might prefer to move there. I confess to being baffled by the fact that McCann never even made an appearance as a sub for us towards the end of last season and yet he's already evidently fully match fit and first choice at full-back for Inverness.

GloryGlory
28-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I'd be disappointed as well if McCann moved to ICT. A real loss in a position where we are reliant on Hart who is injury-prone.
But from McCann's perspective he has been playing the full 90 mins in every ICT match since pre-season, so you can see why he might prefer to move there. I confess to being baffled by the fact that McCann never even made an appearance as a sub for us towards the end of last season and yet he's already evidently fully match fit and first choice at full-back for Inverness.

:agree:

Leithenhibby
28-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Still think we'll see a flurry of last minute transfer activity between now and midnight on Tuesday.

:agree: still lots of time for it to hit the fan. I Just hope that we can say by the end of the window that we are happy with what we have.. :wink:

budboy38
28-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Duffy to sign on monday..thats what ive heard this morning

Gatecrasher
28-08-2010, 09:08 AM

The window shuts at 18:00 on Tuesday :wink:

PeterboroHibee
28-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Considering how injury prone he is though maybe Yogi didnt want to chuck him in too early, that maybe a full preseason and guaranteed games at a smaller club would get him to a level that we need.

I think that only giving him a 6 month loan is indication that he does have a future at Hibs, and Hart isnt getting any younger, imagine he could really be pushing him for the RB spot. Think it would be a real mistake letting him go, weve struggled in the RB position, whereas come January we could have 2 really good options.

BEEJ
28-08-2010, 09:11 AM
:agree: still lots of time for it to hit the fan. I Just hope that we can say by the end of the window that we are happy with what we have.. :wink:
:agree: Agreed

Didn't know that. That's even worse! :eek:

aljo7-0
28-08-2010, 09:18 AM
That might not even be the end of it though. We can still sign out of contract players ater that too!

RickyS
28-08-2010, 09:21 AM
sol interviewed in the sun and the record saying, he misses his daughter and wants to go home, he says PSG are the only team to put an offer in (believed to be £650k) and he wants Hibs to accept as we deserve a fee for turning him into the player he is. he believes he will be away by the time the window closes as he has made it clear to Hibs he wants to leave.

I'm having hot flushes thinking of the season ahead without him and Stokes:boo hoo:

Col2
28-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Sol comes over fairly reasonable here.

http://m.dailyrecord.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/scotdr/sNHP54Sd-JHR_ev4Q2pP53Q/view.m?id=2076081&tid=638956&cat=Hibs

TowerHibs
28-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Daryl Duffy is Paul tosh territory!!!!

Guy can't get a game for Bristol rovers, was half decent when he left spl and has played less games than a chilian miner!!!

For yogi to continually spout this garbage that he travels the length of the country watching games and looking at players, he does a very good job of trying to sign guys he's had at Falkirk! Duffy, McBride, Stocks, cregg and O'Brien! The guy talks more crap than a jakie from the banana flats

Ryan91
28-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Sol comes over fairly reasonable here.

http://m.dailyrecord.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/scotdr/sNHP54Sd-JHR_ev4Q2pP53Q/view.m?id=2076081&tid=638956&cat=Hibs

Given the rag that has published this article, I would just ignore it. I'll never trust anything published in the Daily ******.

500miles
28-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Guy can't get a game for Bristol rovers, was half decent when he left spl and has played less games than a chilian miner!!!

For yogi to continually spout this garbage that he travels the length of the country watching games and looking at players, he does a very good job of trying to sign guys he's had at Falkirk! Duffy, McBride, Stocks, cregg and O'Brien! The guy talks more crap than a jakie from the banana flats

De Graff.....Stephens.....Hart....Biscan.....Dennebou me....

Goin' think before you speak and pollute my heid with yer pish, yeah? Ta.

TowerHibs
28-08-2010, 10:19 AM
De Graff.....Stephens.....Hart....Biscan.....Dennebou me....

Goin' think before you speak and pollute my heid with yer pish, yeah? Ta.

Michael Hart was a name plucked from nowhere right enough

Stephens hasn't had a kick, appreciate he's young needs time but Yogi is very loyal to players he knows. Ok De Graff seems like a find, some on here are not impressed so far but i think he'll be a decent player. At least he's a midfielder who likes to get into the box and cause some sort of danger

The other 2 i'm sure were told to bolt cause they are not fit enough - but Gow was told (publicly) by Yogi that he was trying to get him in and now Duffy. I would rather see what Biscan/Denneboume were like instead of Gow/Duffy

500miles
28-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Michael Hart was a name plucked from nowhere right enough

Stephens hasn't had a kick, appreciate he's young needs time but Yogi is very loyal to players he knows. Ok De Graff seems like a find, some on here are not impressed so far but i think he'll be a decent player. At least he's a midfielder who likes to get into the box and cause some sort of danger

The other 2 i'm sure were told to bolt cause they are not fit enough - but Gow was told (publicly) by Yogi that he was trying to get him in and now Duffy. I would rather see what Biscan/Denneboume were like instead of Gow/Duffy

Micheal Hart had fallen into the English lower league obscurity after falling out of favour at his club. Not exactly centre stage, and would require contacts in the right places, or a bit of scouting.
Stephen's involvement isn't in question, you we're alluding to a lack of scouting, and Stephens was plucked from relative obscurity.
Biscan and Denneboume are two names that aren't exactly well know here either. So what's the issue with Yogi's scouting and contacts?
He has some favoured faces from past experiance, but managers who have been in the game for any legnth of time will.

And no, I wasn't being patronising, I was being condescending, friend. NOW I'm being patronising, dear. You were nearly there, understand? Good lad.

DAZ86
28-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Hughes still has a jury out on signings.

We need to give him a chance but a great scout he aint , I would debate wether he actually uses his scouts.

TowerHibs
28-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Micheal Hart had fallen into the English lower league obscurity after falling out of favour at his club. Not exactly centre stage, and would require contacts in the right places, or a bit of scouting.
Stephen's involvement isn't in question, you we're alluding to a lack of scouting, and Stephens was plucked from relative obscurity.
Biscan and Denneboume are two names that aren't exactly well know here either. So what's the issue with Yogi's scouting and contacts?
He has some favoured faces from past experiance, but managers who have been in the game for any legnth of time will.

And yes, I am patronising. But that's because you're statement ("For yogi to continually spout this garbage that he travels the length of the country watching games and looking at players, he does a very good job of trying to sign guys he's had at Falkirk!") which suggests that he doesn't actually research players, and simply falls back onto old faces, is, evidently, a stupid one.

English lower league obscurity????? Would you call Ross McCormack that? Cause he's one who hasn't had a game for his championship club since January! Not as if Hart was no getting a game for Grays Athletic! He has been tipped to come to us for ages!

I never once said that he doesn't go watching games or that we have a dodgy scouting system. What i mean is, why bother going to these games, watching these players if your just going to open your address book to get in your old mates who last done anything half decent in the game 4/5 years ago, when the managed to just keep Falkirk in the league.

Got to be setting our ambitions higher than that surely. I would like to see this Biscan boy (who Rice saw accidently while watching Maribor you say, and you say i talk pish :wink:) more than i would Duffy. Managers do go back to some "favoured faces" but surely we should only be happy with that if they are of better quality than the player being replaced

cammy1969
28-08-2010, 10:47 AM

show me were yogi says he wants duffy id take it with a pinsh of salt any player the papers link us with unless theres a quote from someone from hibs

TowerHibs
28-08-2010, 10:48 AM
show me were yogi says he wants duffy id take it with a pinsh of salt any player the papers link us with unless theres a quote from someone from hibs

i'm just commenting on this thread, not even left my bed today so couldn't tell you if it is in the papers

500miles
28-08-2010, 11:11 AM
English lower league obscurity????? Would you call Ross McCormack that? Cause he's one who hasn't had a game for his championship club since January! Not as if Hart was no getting a game for Grays Athletic! He has been tipped to come to us for ages!

I never once said that he doesn't go watching games or that we have a dodgy scouting system. What i mean is, why bother going to these games, watching these players if your just going to open your address book to get in your old mates who last done anything half decent in the game 4/5 years ago, when the managed to just keep Falkirk in the league.

Got to be setting our ambitions higher than that surely. I would like to see this Biscan boy (who Rice saw accidently while watching Maribor you say, and you say i talk pish :wink:) more than i would Duffy. Managers do go back to some "favoured faces" but surely we should only be happy with that if they are of better quality than the player being replaced

Micheal Hart was at a relegation battling Championship team last season, having fallen well out of favour with fans and manager alike, as well as been kept out of football by injury. Now, considering that he wasn't getting gametime, and the exposure that brings, I would class that a relative obscurity. Ross McCormack, on the other hand was scoring plenty of goals the previous season, and was followed by lots of well publicised interest, which means he can not be in any way described as having fallen into obscurity. Easy.

You did say he was "spout[ing] ...garbage" about going to watch players up and down the country, and when you add that to accusations of trying to sign loads of ex-falkirk players, the insinuation can easily be construed as questioning his scouting methods.

Gow is a decent quality player that needs to raise his game again. Yogi think that he can get the best out of him again, as he has done with Stokes, and Gow at his best is an improvement on the options we currently have. McBride was also an improvement on what we had. Some people maintain that Cregg is better than Rankin etc. so would say that he too was an improvement. I don't believe that, but i do think that 2/3 ex Falkirk signings having a positive effect on the quality of the team is a decent return. The sights have been set on improving the team, and if any ex Falkirk players can do that, then I don't see the issue.

As regards Rice seeing Biscan - it's something that, on the face of it, was perfectly plausable, which I read either here or elsewhere, and not really something that I would go to any sort of legnths researching to disprove. It may have even been HI that i heard that on.

ekhibee
28-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Don't know if this is significant but Ross McCormack signed a 3 year contract with Leeds Utd earlier this week.

Cabbage East
28-08-2010, 01:32 PM
i'm just commenting on this thread, not even left my bed today so couldn't tell you if it is in the papers

You slaver some pish son

Alex Trager
28-08-2010, 01:42 PM

Thats only cos the boy was injured but i see what you mean

mjhibby
28-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Your never sure whether yogis throwing reporters off the scent but it does seem as if he is geared up to some late activity in the transfer market.My one worry is that doing business so close to the window closing means its rushed and maybe we wont get the right players or the best deal.For instance deeneboom might be sick of waiting and sign elsewhere which would leave us desperately short up front if stokes goes.The same goes for bamba,where we may have someone lined up but that may fall through and yogi surely couldnt sell bamba in that circumstance.Should be an interesting few days and ill be glad when its all over and we can concentrate on the football and not idle speculation.
As ive said before this thread has been full of wild conjecture and loads of nonsense.There is a difference between discussion and nonsense of the my mate got a text variety and my third cousin knows stokes grandad etcetc.Im sure it will be enjoyable if stokes doesnt go to take a look at all posters who said he was having a medical and it was a done deal.Fwiw hibs have been aware that celtic might do this and by yogis demeanor he is not a happy bunny at the way celtic have used the press to unsettle hibs and stokes and try and get a cheap sale.As if that was ever going to happen.The bbc as usual looks like total plonkers as does the usual redtops.Only the scotsman it seems to me has had any idea whats happening and have reported somewhere close to the truth.
The whole episode im sure has disrupted our preparation for the game tomorrow and it couldnt have helped when the management are constantly fielding questions about a transfer that is miles off and the media trying to sell our players.Im sure rod and yogi know what their doing and leave it to them to do what is best for the club.Rant over.

RickyS
28-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Yogi is in the stand at Cowdenbeath. they are playing Partick. wonder who he is watching?

GloryGlory
28-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Yogi is in the stand at Cowdenbeath. they are playing Partick. wonder who he is watching?

I'm having a senior moment - do we maybe have any players on loan there? I can't remember. Byrne at E Fife, Flynn at Alloa, Moyes and Booth at Brechin, McCann at ICT.... any more away on loan?

Hamish
28-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Liam Buchanan?:confused: or perhaps its the closest ground to Edinburgh with a senior game on?

BEEJ
28-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm having a senior moment - do we maybe have any players on loan there? I can't remember. Byrne at E Fife, Flynn at Alloa, Moyes and Booth at Brechin, McCann at ICT.... any more away on loan?
Taggart is at Ayr United. No one at Cowdenbeath or Partick, AFAIK.

RickyS
28-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Yogi is sitting with Gary Locke, hope he knocks his head off efter the game!, can't stand that Yam Bam:greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Liam Buchanan?:confused: or perhaps its the closest ground to Edinburgh with a senior game on?

Livingston's at home today so it won't be that.

RickyS
28-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Buchanan is a Hibs fan I think and he has scored goals wherever he has been but I can't think of ever seeing him in the flesh

Hamish
28-08-2010, 03:27 PM

:embarrass - well most senior closest game:greengrin

Hamish
28-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Buchanan is a Hibs fan I think and he has scored goals wherever he has been but I can't think of ever seeing him in the flesh

Yes Liam is. Did well at Cowden when Mixu was there, along with Pat Clarke, now at Dunfy, scored lots between them. Had a few injuries at Thistle I think, might just be at his level now.

GloryGlory
28-08-2010, 03:32 PM

Ta.

BTW, Byrne has now scored a hat trick for E Fife. Deeks was on loan at Cowdenbeath and scored loads, could this be Byrne's Cowdenbeath moment? OK, tenuous link, but here's hoping it's the start of something big for young Kurtis. Well done, son! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Greg Tade from Raith anyone? Seems to know where the net is. Worth a gamble IMO for small wages. Or bring back Byrne and give him a run.

Lmc2105
28-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Andy Kirk anyone :duck::wink:

11 goals this season and a hatrick!!

DH1875
28-08-2010, 05:26 PM
McCann is injured again. Not sure how bad but had to go of in the first half the day.