PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan

HibbyAndy
27-08-2010, 08:19 PM
With the immenent departure off Stokes to Celtc, Is it?...IMO its just a matter of time before crossing the T's and dotting the I'S and Tony Stokes is heading West.. Where does this leave our prodigal son?..It can only be good news, Theres no danger Hibs would sell Tony Stokes AND Riordan wether it be this window or in January, The goals combined they score for Hibs would put us in freefall, New strikers i hear some people will say should dae the trick, 40 goals from proven SPL players is hard act tae follow.

My main point here being, I dont think Petrie would sell Riordan AND Stokes..So if Stokes goes then its a MUST we dont let Riordan go also,,Lets invest the cash (If Stokes does go that is) and give Riordan a big **** of contract :agree:

Theres always light at the end of the tunnel.

Sacrifice Stokes and keep Riordan? :dunno:

keep the faith
27-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Yep. A new deal for deek is a must. Top priority. Griffiths should also be brought in. We need bums on the seats of that great big stand and it got me thinking that maybe its time to bring Ivan home?

since90plustwo
27-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Yep. A new deal for deek is a must. Top priority. Griffiths should also be brought in. We need bums on the seats of that great big stand and it got me thinking that maybe its time to bring Ivan home?

:agree: 100%:top marks

IWasThere2016
27-08-2010, 09:52 PM

I like yer thinkin' :top marks

One Day Soon
27-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I like yer thinkin' :top marks

Me too. Let's have Billy Whizz back.

Riordans Boots
27-08-2010, 10:15 PM
With the immenent departure off Stokes to Celtc, Is it?...IMO its just a matter of time before crossing the T's and dotting the I'S and Tony Stokes is heading West.. Where does this leave our prodigal son?..It can only be good news, Theres no danger Hibs would sell Tony Stokes AND Riordan wether it be this window or in January, The goals combined they score for Hibs would put us in freefall, New strikers i hear some people will say should dae the trick, 40 goals from proven SPL players is hard act tae follow.

My main point here being, I dont think Petrie would sell Riordan AND Stokes..So if Stokes goes then its a MUST we dont let Riordan go also,,Lets invest the cash (If Stokes does go that is) and give Riordan a big **** of contract :agree:

Theres always light at the end of the tunnel.

Sacrifice Stokes and keep Riordan? :dunno:

Abolutely makes sense :agree: And Derek should be given a contract the length of his arm ....

Riordans Boots
27-08-2010, 10:17 PM

I have always been an Ivan fan. Stokes away - Ivan back ..... love the thought :agree:

monktonharp
27-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I can go with the fact that Stokes might want oot, but after reading the EEN today,Hardie clearly implies that it could be nothing other than rumour re- Stokes, and add to that yogi not chuffed about weakining the team. fair enough,but RP calls the shots in that department. however,the vast majority of Hibernian fans are totally sick about the thought of loosing our top scorer to CFC, WHICH HAS HAPPENED FOR FAR TOO LONG:grr: i hope Hardie has got this one correct:yawn:

monktonharp
27-08-2010, 10:46 PM
after looking at my previous post,just relised how pished I am, but Deeks must stay,for as long as he wants,and Stokes must dae as he's telt, yir gaun nowhere laddie:dummytit::rules::take that:tsk tsk::drunk:

7Hero
27-08-2010, 10:50 PM
galbraith is probably a better player than sproule given half a chance in the team, no need to bring ivan back, hes had his day..

need strength and power up front and at the back, were gonna get battered by the big teams im afraid and galbraith can be aplayer if given the chance..

hibs0666
27-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Would prefer Stokes in my team every time.

monktonharp
27-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I am saddened by the posts on here regarding Anthony Stokes.people accept the thought,never mind the fact of his transfer ,to a rival club ever so meekly imho. what will happen if Derek Riordan was to go? not saying there is much that can be done but sickened about it all,as we are continually letting our top men go to them .

7Hero
28-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I am saddened by the posts on here regarding Anthony Stokes.people accept the thought,never mind the fact of his transfer ,to a rival club ever so meekly imho. what will happen if Derek Riordan was to go? not saying there is much that can be done but sickened about it all,as we are continually letting our top men go to them .

its the hibs way im afraid, reduce debt, build training ground and stadium, the money has to come from somewhere.

one day the fruit of our labours will be there for all to see just have to be patient by the looks of things..

Pete
28-08-2010, 12:30 AM
its the hibs way im afraid, reduce debt, build training ground and stadium, the money has to come from somewhere.

one day the fruit of our labours will be there for all to see just have to be patient by the looks of things..

I can't wait for the open-top bus parade at the end of the season to celebrate our reduction in debt!

We've been told for a while now that we have no need to sell any players as our debt isn't a major issue anymore.

Why don't we take a stand and say no? This boy's under contract for another two years and has yet to state he wants to leave. If we sell him it's the same old story...and fans get hacked off.

20 goals a season from a young player in scotland is worth around 4-5 million to a championship club. If Celtic want to talk these sort of figures then lets bargain. Otherwise **** right off!

Stokes might have been a free-gift and a profit waiting to happen but we've the beginnings of a good team here and we don't have that much in the way of debt.

Potential customers are watching this space as well as the regular ones Mr. Petrie.

Billy Whizz
28-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Me too. Let's have Billy Whizz back.

He's back!

aberhibsfc
28-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I can't wait for the open-top bus parade at the end of the season to celebrate our reduction in debt!

We've been told for a while now that we have no need to sell any players as our debt isn't a major issue anymore.

Why don't we take a stand and say no? This boy's under contract for another two years and has yet to state he wants to leave. If we sell him it's the same old story...and fans get hacked off.

20 goals a season from a young player in scotland is worth around 4-5 million to a championship club. If Celtic want to talk these sort of figures then lets bargain. Otherwise **** right off!

Stokes might have been a free-gift and a profit waiting to happen but we've the beginnings of a good team here and we don't have that much in the way of debt.

Potential customers are watching this space as well as the regular ones Mr. Petrie.

:top marks

aberhibsfc
28-08-2010, 07:17 AM
:top marks