PDA

View Full Version : Is Hogg Beyond Being Dropped?

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 12:42 PM
It certainly seems that way. Falkirk fans said from the start that he has has his favourites, and IMO he's proved his stubbornness in that way. Not that we should look too much into what they say, ie Kevin Mcbride.

People can argue that we need continuity especially at the back, but he's been consistently poor for the past year at the very least. I think it has to be done now, early doors in terms of the season.

You only have to look at the fact that we've conceeded 11 goals in 4 games already this season albeit against Maribor, Motherwell and Rangers. The poor record at the end of last season should tell Yogi something aswell.

I think I'm right in the assumption that the majority of fans don't think Hogg good enough to play every week, never kind captain the club. The arguement would then be who would take over the armband.

I think Hoggs one of those in the same category as Rankin and Nish, as mentioned on a thread yesterday. In there as a good honest professional, gives everything...etc I think now Yogi must see that he's not getting enough out of Hogg.

Apologies if this comes across as a negative post. I just can't see the positive influence that Hogg and his position as captain has gave to the team.

Hibby Cam
27-08-2010, 12:57 PM
:yawn: another hogg bashin thread

Speedway
27-08-2010, 12:58 PM
No, he's not beyond being dropped.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Yogi dropped him last season.

However, give the guy a break and get off his case.

bawheid
27-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Enough about Hogg, what's everyone's thoughts on Rankin and Nish?

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 01:03 PM
:yawn: another hogg bashin thread
Thats just rubbish. Whats the point in even responding with that. The final straw for me was his complete lack of desire to get back whatsoever for Rangers second goal, although it was an extremly good goal IMO. If your happy with Hogg being captain and playing every game this season, then thats fine. But I'm not

dunfyhibby
27-08-2010, 01:03 PM

Rank and P*sh!

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Yogi dropped him last season.

However, give the guy a break and get off his case.
Thats fair enough. I don't feel I'm exactly giving him a hard time, but it seems to me that he's just an automatic pick every week and IMO that shouldn't be the case. I think he had a below average season last year and the same the year before. That doesn't warrant the captains armband and a place in the team week in week out. To me

GloryGlory
27-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Rank and P*sh!

:agree:

Hibbyradge
27-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Stokes = Judas.

Speedway
27-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Stokes = Judas.

I thought GJP = Judas.

CapitalHibs
27-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I think Yogi made a big mistake appointing Hogg as captain and has made it almost impossible to keep the guy out of line-up for any length of time.

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I think Yogi made a big mistake appointing Hogg as captain and has made it almost impossible to keep the guy out of line-up for any length of time.
Cheers for that insightful and reasoned response. It almost looks out of place in this thread :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Stokes = Judas.

Right cos is there anyone else that we've not covered. We're on Hogg here. Lets keep it that way :hijack:

J-C
27-08-2010, 01:17 PM
It certainly seems that way. Falkirk fans said from the start that he has has his favourites, and IMO he's proved his stubbornness in that way. Not that we should look too much into what they say, ie Kevin Mcbride.

People can argue that we need continuity especially at the back, but he's been consistently poor for the past year at the very least. I think it has to be done now, early doors in terms of the season.

You only have to look at the fact that we've conceeded 11 goals in 4 games already this season albeit against Maribor, Motherwell and Rangers. The poor record at the end of last season should tell Yogi something aswell.

I think I'm right in the assumption that the majority of fans don't think Hogg good enough to play every week, never kind captain the club. The arguement would then be who would take over the armband.

I think Hoggs one of those in the same category as Rankin and Nish, as mentioned on a thread yesterday. In there as a good honest professional, gives everything...etc I think now Yogi must see that he's not getting enough out of Hogg.

Apologies if this comes across as a negative post. I just can't see the positive influence that Hogg and his position as captain has gave to the team.

Didn't realise that all the gaols in recent games were Hogg's fault, the last I looked i could've swornthere was 10 other guys on the pitch, maybe it's time to have a wee look at the rest of the these guys for a change.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Rank and P*sh!

I thought GJP = Judas.

Right cos is there anyone else that we've not covered. We're on Hogg here. Lets keep it that way :hijack:

See above.

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 01:22 PM
See above.
Ah I see it now :agree:

CapitalHibs
27-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Cheers for that insightful and reasoned response. It almost looks out of place in this thread :wink:

Thank you. But with Murray missing games at the time, the choice came down to between Hogg and Rankin- so I expect some might say it could have been worse.:greengrin

bawheid
27-08-2010, 01:31 PM
We might struggle to get out the 1st division with Dennis and Anderson at centre half. That loss to Stranraer was a disgrace.

500miles
27-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Hogg is beyond being dropped in the same way that Bamba seems to be beyond on the pitch crticism. Some of the goals we've lost this season have been down to his own lapses in concentration - ie. losing his man against Maribor (the first goal I think).

Don't get me wrong his athleticism is a great asset, as it allows us to play a higher line, but if he wasn't here, and we played a deeper line we would probably get more out of Hogg, as we did when Jones' was here.

My point? There's no balance to some people's criticism of players. They see the negatives, and continually focus on it. They see "what", and even when the get the "what" right, they don't even try and think why.

"What" - Hogg's form has dipped from that of POTY to scapegoat.
End of Thought Process.

Whereas enlightened fans should be thinking

"Why" - The defensive system has changed

The manager's job is then to think like this....

"How" (Do we resolve this") - Adapt the system or adapt the personnel..

easty
27-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Hogg is beyond being dropped in the same way that Bamba seems to be beyond on the pitch crticism. Some of the goals we've lost this season have been down to his own lapses in concentration - ie. losing his man against Maribor (the first goal I think).

Don't get me wrong his athleticism is a great asset, as it allows us to play a higher line, but if he wasn't here, and we played a deeper line we would probably get more out of Hogg, as we did when Jones' was here.

My point? There's no balance to some people's criticism of players. They see the negatives, and continually focus on it. They see "what", and even when the get the "what" right, they don't even try and think why.

End of Thought Process.

Whereas enlightened fans should be thinking

The manager's job is then to think like this....

"How" (Do we resolve this") - Adapt the system or adapt the personnel..

"Why" - Cos he lacks the aggression, leadership abilities and positional awareness needed
"How" (Do we resolve this") - Drop him and sign a new experienced commanding centre half who will use his experience (much like Brewster did for O'Connor) to help young talented defenders such as Stephens and Hanlon to progress and become great players..

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 03:24 PM
"Why" - Cos he lacks the aggression, leadership abilities and positional awareness needed
"How" (Do we resolve this") - Drop him and sign a new experienced commanding centre half who will use his experience (much like Brewster did for O'Connor) to help young talented defenders such as Stephens and Hanlon to progress and become great players..
Agree 100% but its easier said than done. Hes suffered a loss of form for the last year or so and it looks like he is stagnating at Hibs IMO

down-the-slope
27-08-2010, 03:30 PM

:yawn: less than 40 posts...A) Smell of Yam B) Infected very quickly by the .net scapegoat illness

:bye:

500miles
27-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Oh dear, you've not thought this through at all. The "Why" is discredited by the POTY form mentioned under "What". He must have had those attributes to an acceptable level before - why doesn't that show now?

The good thing about this wee thought process is it identifies who has given the point reasonable consideration, and who chucked words in to suit the malformed opinion they already have.

down-the-slope
27-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Rank and P*sh!

Your getting mixed up with Hearts management team......away back to the Pink Palace :bye:

Bobby's Cinema
27-08-2010, 03:46 PM
:yawn: less than 40 posts...A) Smell of Yam B) Infected very quickly by the .net scapegoat illness

:bye:
I used to be more a bounce guy until i saw the light :agree:
A - Aye theres me in my profile pic in Maribor with the rest of my yam mates :rolleyes:
B - I'm not using him as a scapegoat in the slightest. You yourself must be wrapped up with the p#sh written in other threads to allow it to cloud your judgement on this

Hainan Hibs
27-08-2010, 03:52 PM
To answer the question in the title, yes, he is beyond getting dropped. Horrendous performances all rewarded with another starting place.

Bring back Shaun Dennis.

dunfyhibby
27-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Your getting mixed up with Hearts management team......away back to the Pink Palace :bye:

I suppose I'm a yam cos i haven't had many posts .......... wow thats original!

marinello59
27-08-2010, 04:07 PM

And your post was original? :greengrin

MSK
27-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Rank and P*sh!Another typically predictable & well thought out response ....:yawn:

down-the-slope
27-08-2010, 04:56 PM

If it looks like it and smells like it...it normally is :agree:

Halifaxhibby
27-08-2010, 07:09 PM
He should definitely be stripped of the captaincy i don't think he inspires anyone on the pitch. His play has become very predictable as well, he has never been able to deal with a bouncing ball straight through the middle, when he has time on the ball at the back he still opts to punt it down the park, not one for criticising players usually but unless yogi develops a ruthless streak in team selection we will be a mid table team this season.
Yogi has to shoulder a large part of the blame, for someone who was a no nonsense centre half in his day you would have thought that would have been the first area of the team he would have sorted out.
Just hope him and RP will bring in a few more faces before monday night.

MON THE CABBAGE!!!!!!!

majorhibs
28-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Tell you what this Hogg dude must be the bestest nicest bloke & mate you could ever have, as all the apologists & it appears admins on here continually prove, but for anyone to be giving him "pass marks" let alone anything but a pasting, when "our" centre half allowed a "hun" centre forward to score a hat trick, & I make him responsible for 2 if not 3 of them, but you lot should look at yourselfs in the light of day! Hibs were humped at home by the huns 0 - 3. Disgusting at ER - yet you lot want to keep your vendetta going cos you like the guy - unbelievable! A centre half getting bossed at home by that ugly wee musselburgh prick, & being totally unconcerned by it as Hibs get slaughtered at home by the huns, is no good enough for Hibs for me. Captain? You are havin a Girraffe, surely?

Hibbyradge
28-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Tell you what this Hogg dude must be the bestest nicest bloke & mate you could ever have, as all the apologists & it appears admins on here continually prove, but for anyone to be giving him "pass marks" let alone anything but a pasting, when "our" centre half allowed a "hun" centre forward to score a hat trick, & I make him responsible for 2 if not 3 of them, but you lot should look at yourselfs in the light of day! Hibs were humped at home by the huns 0 - 3. Disgusting at ER - yet you lot want to keep your vendetta going cos you like the guy - unbelievable! A centre half getting bossed at home by that ugly wee musselburgh prick, & being totally unconcerned by it as Hibs get slaughtered at home by the huns, is no good enough for Hibs for me. Captain? You are havin a Girraffe, surely?

I don't see many "apologistic" posts on this thread, from admins or anyone else.

Personally, I don't have time for folk who attack Hibs players. I try to support everyone who plays for Hibs.

By the way, how many times have we played Rangers at home in the last 30 years?

How many times have we beaten them?

BroxburnHibee
28-08-2010, 07:51 PM
To answer the original question...................

No he's not beyond being dropped - Yogi proved that last season.

Can I close this thread now?

Andy74
28-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Please do!

nonshinyfinish
28-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Please do!

Bobby's Cinema
28-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't see many "apologistic" posts on this thread, from admins or anyone else.

Personally, I don't have time for folk who attack Hibs players. I try to support everyone who plays for Hibs.

By the way, how many times have we played Rangers at home in the last 30 years?

How many times have we beaten them?
Totally agree with the bit in bold. Speaking for myself I feel haven't attacked Hogg or anyone else, and I can't be bothered in the slightest with the folk you're on about either. I'm simply saying that Hogg has suffered a dip in form over the last 12months+ and freshening things up at the back, and changing the captain might benefit the team. I think thats a reasonable view to pass on and see what anyone else on here makes of it. Judging posts in decent response to the original point, it's a view shared by the majority. As for those wanting to close the thread, nae bother I'll not bother expressing an opinion next time :yawn:

BroxburnHibee
28-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Totally agree with the bit in bold. Speaking for myself I feel haven't attacked Hogg or anyone else, and I can't be bothered in the slightest with the folk you're on about either. I'm simply saying that Hogg has suffered a dip in form over the last 12months+ and freshening things up at the back, and changing the captain might benefit the team. I think thats a reasonable view to pass on and see what anyone else on here makes of it. Judging posts in decent response to the original point, it's a view shared by the majority. As for those wanting to close the thread, nae bother I'll not bother expressing an opinion next time :yawn:

Get over yourself - you asked the question.

I pointed out that Yogi has already answered it - is there a need to discuss it further? I don't know.

As for closing the thread - it was a lighthearted comment.

Bobby's Cinema
28-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Get over yourself - you asked the question.

I pointed out that Yogi has already answered it - is there a need to discuss it further? I don't know.

As for closing the thread - it was a lighthearted comment.
I don't understand why you would say "get over yourself" :confused: I got it was a lighthearted comment, the wee face i used was meant to be a :wink: Lets not fall out over it though eh. GGTTH