PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pa Broon Goes Down Swinging!

cockneymike
27-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I haven't seen it posted anywhere else, but Craig Brown was spoken to by the Police for aiming a punch at the Odense Sporting Director during last night's game!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/brown-throws-punch-motherwell-exit-europe-1073411

Now that Kestler is out of the Super 6, maybe they should be looking to get Basher Brown involved??!!

Antifa Hibs
27-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Just as Jock fitba couldnae get any lower :cool2:

steviecarnie
27-08-2010, 09:12 AM
TBF, he's a 70yr old man, would you push someone at 70? well done Mr Brown.

Speedway
27-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I like the fact that he gave his reason as 'I fancied my chances'

Where was that fighting talk when you were in charge of Scotland for 177 years?

gringojoe
27-08-2010, 09:19 AM
TBF, he's a 70yr old man, would you push someone at 70? well done Mr Brown.

If he is swinging I'd push him, plus I never really liked the fud anyway.
(swinging as in punches not swinging as in the ooooooerrrrrrr missus way)

steviecarnie
27-08-2010, 09:39 AM
If he is swinging I'd push him, plus I never really liked the fud anyway.
(swinging as in punches not swinging as in the ooooooerrrrrrr missus way)

u not quick enough just to move out his way? :greengrin

anyway i think the boy pushed him first.

Hainan Hibs
27-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Mon Pa Broon:thumbsup: We could do with that fighting spirit at Hibs.

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I like the fact that he gave his reason as 'I fancied my chances'

Where was that fighting talk when you were in charge of Scotland for 177 years?

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/ScottishNationalTeamManagers1872to2009.html

Not a bad record at all. take away those who were in charge for less that a dozen or so games and he is right up there at the top. Maybe we should go back to SFA selection Committee :wink:

basehibby
27-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I haven't seen it posted anywhere else, but Craig Brown was spoken to by the Police for aiming a punch at the Odense Sporting Director during last night's game!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/brown-throws-punch-motherwell-exit-europe-1073411

Now that Kestler is out of the Super 6, maybe they should be looking to get Basher Brown involved??!!

The man is always full of surprises - comes accross as a twee old granpa type - but show him a bit of skirt or a punch up and there's no stopping him :cool2:

Skanko79
27-08-2010, 10:27 AM
haha had a laugh when i read this the day. wee broon is a feisty wee bugger. no surprised at thi at all. always thought highly of him a s a manager to. good guy to boot.

scotiaf
27-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Fair play to the broon..even wiliing to have a laugh and say he fancied his chances. If yogi left I would welcome him

Nakedmanoncrack
27-08-2010, 05:30 PM
The man is always full of surprises - comes accross as a twee old granpa type - but show him a bit of skirt or a punch up and there's no stopping him :cool2:
:agree:
Is there any footage of this incident?

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Could you imagine the sheite that would get posted on here if Yogi had done it. Yet Broon is seen as a hero?:confused:

Hainan Hibs
27-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Could you imagine the sheite that would get posted on here if Yogi had done it. Yet Broon is seen as a hero?:confused:

I think the reaction would be the same if Yogi had a knobjockey pushing him, I myself would quite happily applaud yogi if he decided to throw in a punch.

The_Todd
27-08-2010, 07:24 PM

Correct.

Funny lot, us Hibs fans.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Don't know about being seen as a hero, but to me there is something highly amusing about an amiable 70 year old swinging punches on the touchline, on the other hand Yogi wouldn't look at all out of place brawling in the street, so it wouldn't have the same entertainment value.

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't know about being seen as a hero, but to me there is something highly amusing about an amiable 70 year old swinging punches on the touchline, on the other hand Yogi wouldn't look at all out of place brawling in the street, so it wouldn't have the same entertainment value.

Me too,:greengrin although if yogi had done it, he'd have no class and was making the club look bad.

givescotlandfreedom
27-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I mind an Odense official getting pelters from the West Stand when we played them a few years back and he was celebrating facing towards the Hibs fans when they went through. I wonder if it was the same guy, he did come across as an arse.